PDA

View Full Version : Do you still love Paul Heyman?

addy2hotty
04-06-2008, 06:36 PM
He rips on one Mr Flair....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/heyman/article1005842.ece

...well he doesn't really....but still.

Heros Welcome
04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I have no problem with what he says. He is stating his opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I felt the same way when seeing Cena come out and get a momnet in the ring with Flair. I was sitting there thinking "What the fuck is Cena doing out here" Main reason being he is the face of the company so he has to be in on everything.

As for Jericho, I mean I didn't have that much of a problem with him coming out. They were together over in WCW so I'm sure they have a connection with each other. The same could also go for Cena since we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

But overall I have no problem with Heyman for saying what he said.

St. Jimmy
04-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Naitch did cry a lot. But that's because he's retiring broke. HAIOOOOOOOOOO.

Seriously, Naitch is the man.

Destor
04-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Good read. I don't hate Heyman at all for it. nothing wrong with what he said, the only thing I'd say in rebuttal is the third night was necessary from a kayfabe point of view. Flair could have won at Mania and it wasn't until he lost that it was real so in a kayfabe mentality having a goodbye to Flair was sort-of necessary.

But nothing he said was wrong or inappropriate.

Kane Knight
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I still love Heyman, but the restraining order made it clear that he is over me. :'(

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 07:43 PM
He just doesn't like Ric Flair, so naturally he's gonna have a problem with everything he does. This is how enemies are. I think the same of both men as I did before reading this

KingofOldSchool
04-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I never liked that fat piece of shit.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Yup. Still like him.

Evil Vito
04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Stop crying eh? Guess Flair should have told him that when Paul went out at ONS 2005.</font> :shifty:

Porcupine
04-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I agree with Heyman 100%. Not only do I still love him, I love him even more now because he totally shares what I feel about Flair's retirement.

Juan
04-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm sure Mick Foley has something to say about this also...

Gertner
04-06-2008, 11:49 PM
i agree with heyman 100%

The Optimist
04-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Agree.

FourFifty
04-07-2008, 02:10 AM
I like Paul Heyman for the same reason I don't like him.
It's all about what he did for ECW.
Now I'm sure if Paul had a 35 year run, made tons of friends at the top, and made a lasting impression that's going to last for another 20 years at least, then called it quits on his terms he wouldn't be a dick about Flair.

RVDmark
04-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I think they should have made it clearer that flair Genuinly didn't know what was happening on Raw or who was going to be there.

Other than that, Heyman said what he said with respect and outlined from the start that Flair was deserving of every bit. I have no problem with what Heyman said.
Given what Vince has done to ECW I think Paul E Heyman can be a little bitter about it.

FourFifty
04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Given what Vince has done to ECW I think Paul E Heyman can be a little bitter about it.

So I guess the question is what's worse.
Watering down and changing the company from a cult following to a mass produced hour of SmackDown rejects
OR
Running the company into the ground with a long list of fiscal mistakes

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I've been thinking Heyman is overrated before this. I'm not saying I don't like heyman, just he is overrated.

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Now that i've read it. I have to say shut the fuck up heyman. I don't think those were tears of mourning coming down Flair's face as much as tears of joy.

I do agree about Jericho and Cena. Who the fuck are they to Flair, especially Cena. I understand Batista. Flair had a heavy hand in grooming Bats. But Cena and Jericho are just guys that were in the same company as Flair.

Hanso Amore
04-07-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah, it should have been the legends, Bats, and HBK for sharing his last match.

Although if you read Y2Js book, you would know how much Flair measn to him and such, and they haev worked together for 12 years.

but Cena, NAH!

Destor
04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Flair thanked Cena during his HoF speech, you have no idea whta Cena means to him. He didn't think Jericho and he's known him a hell of a much longer.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I agree with Heyman, not entirely, but I do get where he is coming from. When Chris Jericho came out, and I was like "What the fuck? I didn't know those two were close," but I figured they might have been. Like when Triple H inducted Flair. I personally would have liked to have seen Arn Anderson do the honours, but you would have to figure Flair wanted Triple H.

I agree about the song about memories. When RAW ended, in particular, Flair's theme should have played.

Kane Knight
04-07-2008, 11:44 AM
The only problem with what Heyman said is that he's preaching a rational argument to a largely irrational group of people.

I'm sorry, but this is the same community that bawled when it was suggested that Chris Benoit, a man who had become ripped after entering WWE, might have been on steroids when he did something crazy and irrational. Or hated a nonprofit organisation because they didn't want to be associated with a guy who took a good faith agreement and told them to go fuck themselves.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-07-2008, 04:30 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Stop crying eh? Guess Flair should have told him that when Paul went out at ONS 2005.</font> :shifty:

He had a joint with RVD, he wasn't crying, he explained it :shifty:

Good Ol JG
04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I agree with it to a certain extent. Cena coming out was a what the fuck moment, Jericho was confusing but I respect him so I didn't care. I was more concerned with why guys like Dusty or Piper weren't there, but I found out later both were somewhere else. I really would've rather seen Orton than Cena out there, considering the Evolution ties, and that says something because my hatred for Orton is as pure as the driven snow.

What I don't agree with is the whole "why do we need 3 nights of tribute to Ric Flair" stuff. It's Ric fuckin Flair, universally the man is considered the best wrestler of all time. For 35+ years of giving his heart and soul and entertaining people the way he did, hell I wouldn't be opposed to having the Hall of Fame, Wrestlemania, Raw, ECW, Smackdown, Heat, Velocity, TNA Impact, whatever wrestling show exists being a tribute to him for a week. That's how much he meant to wrestling and wrestling fans.

Fox
04-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I love Paul Heyman; I think he is a creative genius whose contributions to the wrestling world as a whole cannot truly be calculated, as they have spread and evolved that much over time.

But in this instance, Paul Heyman: shut the fuck up.

The HOF, WrestleMania 24 against HBM, and then the ceremony on RAW will be remembered as some of the greatest moments in WWE history. This is the end of Ric Flair's in-ring career, something people have been talking about since 1996 for Christ's sake.

And Paul Heyman, who is a wrestling genius but also a huge wrestling fan, was not there and had nothing to do with this huge moment. Where is Paul Heyman, anyways? Oh, that's right, he's nowhere. It's clear from his cynicism and attitude that a part of Paul Heyman wishes he could be Ric Flair on that night, and maybe realizes that apart from ONS, he will never have that kind of moment.

Who knows the relationship between Ric Flair and Chris Jericho? I know they worked together several times in 2003 after Flair came back to the company; how much those matches meant to Flair I do not know. Whether or not John Cena are "friends" or not, Cena is the face of the new generation of the business, and his appearance at the end of the ceremony was purely symbolic if nothing else, but meaningfully so. Flair is out; Cena is in. Hard to understand? No. I don't think so.

Did we NEED to see Flair low-blow Vince, put someone in the Figure Four, or elbow drop his jacket? No. We saw those things on last week's RAW and at WrestleMania. RAW 3/31/2008 was about the end of the in-ring career of the Nature Boy - not the continution of some sort of never-ending angle. It was a commemoration moment, and if Heyman has problems with tears being shed for the third consecutive night, then it's probably because he's crying over the fact that he will never be commemorated in this way himself.

Kane Knight
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I love Paul Heyman; I think he is a creative genius whose contributions to the wrestling world as a whole cannot truly be calculated, as they have spread and evolved that much over time.

The HOF, WrestleMania 24 against HBM, and then the ceremony on RAW will be remembered as some of the greatest moments in WWE history. This is the end of Ric Flair's in-ring career, something people have been talking about since 1996 for Christ's sake.

And Paul Heyman, who is a wrestling genius but also a huge wrestling fan, was not there and had nothing to do with this huge moment. Where is Paul Heyman, anyways? Oh, that's right, he's nowhere. It's clear from his cynicism and attitude that a part of Paul Heyman wishes he could be Ric Flair on that night, and maybe realizes that apart from ONS, he will never have that kind of moment.

Who knows the relationship between Ric Flair and Chris Jericho? I know they worked together several times in 2003 after Flair came back to the company; how much those matches meant to Flair I do not know. Whether or not John Cena are "friends" or not, Cena is the face of the new generation of the business, and his appearance at the end of the ceremony was purely symbolic if nothing else, but meaningfully so. Flair is out; Cena is in. Hard to understand? No. I don't think so.

Did we NEED to see Flair low-blow Vince, put someone in the Figure Four, or elbow drop his jacket? No. We saw those things on last week's RAW and at WrestleMania. RAW 3/31/2008 was about the end of the in-ring career of the Nature Boy - not the continution of some sort of never-ending angle. It was a commemoration moment, and if Heyman has problems with tears being shed for the third consecutive night, then it's probably because he's crying over the fact that he will never be commemorated in this way himself.

Please die in a horrific accident.

FourFifty
04-07-2008, 08:53 PM

(please see previous post)

Fox
04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
:-\

Fox
04-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Flair thanked Cena during his HoF speech, you have no idea whta Cena means to him. He didn't think Jericho and he's known him a hell of a much longer.

http://www.rfgolds.com/johncenatributetoflair.htm

http://www.rfgolds.com/flair%20and%20cena-medium.jpg
http://www.rfgolds.com/flair%20hugging%20cena%202-medium.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2008, 11:45 PM
The only problem with what Heyman said is that he's preaching a rational argument to a largely irrational group of people.

I'm sorry, but this is the same community that bawled when it was suggested that Chris Benoit, a man who had become ripped after entering WWE, might have been on steroids when he did something crazy and irrational. Or hated a nonprofit organisation because they didn't want to be associated with a guy who took a good faith agreement and told them to go fuck themselves.

And yet most people are agreeing with him? People didn't bawl when it was suggested Benoit was on steroids. People suspected that there was more to it than steroids, and there was. Everyone pretty much dismissed the whole "steroids make murderers half the time" thing.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Also, Fox's post was not bad. I disagree with him, but he has sound reasoning.

NeanderCarl
04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
That's not fair to Flair. You gotta be fair to Flair. For no one is fairer than the fair Flair.

Kane Knight
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM
LOL Noid. I'm beginning to think you're psychotic.

IC Champion
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyone who thinks Val Venis has a chance of getting onto TV other than to job to Umanga or Snitsky, is clearly psychotic.

Kane Knight
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
:lol:

The Optimist
04-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Fox
RAW 3/31/2008 was about the end of the in-ring career of the Nature Boy - not the continution of some sort of never-ending angle.
Cena is the face of the new generation of the business, and his appearance at the end of the ceremony was purely symbolic if nothing else, but meaningfully so. Flair is out; Cena is in. Hard to understand? No. I don't think so:shifty: