PDA

View Full Version : TNA: S.E.X. Angle (Highlight Video Inside)

Loose Cannon
04-07-2008, 11:09 AM
a couple of people messaged me about a month ago to put this up. I talked about it in one of the threads. I had to record this from my TV with my camera. I don't have anything to get VHS to computer, so this was the easiest method.

Anyway, below is a little highlight video of the orgins of the angle and about a month of the angle. The angle happened in TNA 2002 during thier weekly WED night PPV's. Basically, it was centered of Tradition (headed by Jarrett) vs Sports Entertainment (headed by Russo)

Although a lot of the wrestlers in S.E.X. were poor workers (minus Triple X) it still made for entertaining TV and imo was the best drawn out angle TNA has ever done. Raven would come into he company about 2 shows later and play a part in it as well. Sonny Siaki was being pushed pretty hard at the time and actually came off stong to the fans at home, but I guess that didn't work out to good, huh?

And btw, this is when I was first introduced to AJ Styles and became a huge mark. I loved his cocky ass character.

Anyway, enjoy

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KqDyxYrqCcs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KqDyxYrqCcs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Heros Welcome
04-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Probably my favorite angle that ever happened in TNA. Made me want to watch every Wednesday even more.

Boondock Saint
04-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Loved this angle. I really enjoyed their Wednesday PPVs.

Evil Vito
04-07-2008, 02:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>This seemed like an awesome angle, wish I was watching their PPVs back then. I pretty much had to just live off of matches posted to Kazaa to download. :o

Have you got Tony Schiavone's appearance in TNA when he sided with S.E.X? I never saw it but I still laugh trying to picture Schiavone as a heel.</font>

Loose Cannon
04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
yea, I got it. I'll post it tonight when I get home. It's hillarious. Like I really believed the guy was legit pissed off. I got a couple other cool things from the angle I can post as well.

McLegend
04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I would be pissed to if I was Tony Schiavone.

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Best stuff TNA has done

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2008, 02:31 AM
It never really interested me, reading about the angle when it happened. Vince Russo was a major focus of the storyline, so I guessed I tuned out. I must say, though, if anyone could play a non-wrestling heel role well, it would be Russo. Instant heat.

Azriel
04-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Seemed like interesting stuff. How'd it end?

Loose Cannon
04-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I couldn't upload the Schivonie video last night as YouTube was doing maintenance on the site. It's on my computer, so I'll do it tonight.

I also got another recap vid that I found while watching the tapes last night. It's basically the 2nd part. It shows the introduction of Raven, Dusty and Koloff into the angle. I'll put that up as well.

Innovator
04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I still can't believe they never put the title on Raven when he faced Jarrett

St. Jimmy
04-08-2008, 02:46 PM
With the Budget TNA has now, were they planning to do this Angle they would get some pretty amazing ratings.

IC Champion
04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
That acually looked watchable.

Loose Cannon
04-10-2008, 09:28 AM
as promised. I finally figured out how to upload these faster on You tube. more coming.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/avGn1qkaUWA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/avGn1qkaUWA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Mackem
04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
I still can't believe they never put the title on Raven when he faced Jarrett

Yeah he was built well back then. I think they were blocked from putting the title on him by the NWA title committee. He got the title at a later date in a more underwhelming way and then lost it at a house show.

:roll:

Impact!
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
One of my favourite storylines ever. Good times...(although if Raven had of won the title then it would have been fucking amazing)

Innovator
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I tried watching the Schiavone video, my brain started to hurt

Evil Vito
04-10-2008, 12:25 PM
<font color=goldenrod>LOL Schiavone</font> :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
I think TNA were sort of going in a similar direction to this when they sort of started to re-focus Samoa Joe into the "wrestlers vs. superstars" angle. Then Joe just formed a friendship with Kevin Nash for no reason at all, and it was dropped.

NeanderCarl
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KqDyxYrqCcs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KqDyxYrqCcs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Knowing Russo, that's probably a highlight package of one show.

The guy's motto seems to be "Rome wasn't built in a day... but it fuckin' shoulda been!"

Loose Cannon
04-11-2008, 04:33 PM
nah, that's over about 4 or 5. I'll get the 2nd part up sometime this weekend.

NeanderCarl
04-11-2008, 05:05 PM
That's the problem. There's a good few months worth of developments there, crammed into "4 or 5" shows.

NeanderCarl
04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd hate to be Russo's wife at bedtime! Sheesh.

He'd swerve her by bypassing foreplay straight into a 2 second intercourse, then dangle a carrott in her face to come back for more of exactly the same, same time next week... only with a twist! The twist being, there is no twist.

Loose Cannon
04-11-2008, 10:08 PM
no, 4 or 5 shows was that clip. The whole angle was about 3-4 months. and Russo isn't half as bad as some of the clowns they have booking today

NeanderCarl
04-12-2008, 07:13 AM
no, 4 or 5 shows was that clip. The whole angle was about 3-4 months. and Russo isn't half as bad as some of the clowns they have booking today

I know, I'm just saying that in that clip of "4 or 5" shows there were enough developments to spread out over a couple of months. Russo takes an angle that, in slow motion, could last a good 6 months and brings it full circle in 6 weeks.

He's not a bad booker at times, he just needs to slow the fuck down and have some patience.

KingofKings
04-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Vinco Russo does come up with good booking sometimes, he would be a good booker is he cut the crap out and strung out his good ideas for longer, i.e something like this becuase it was pretty entertaining, and also on screen he is someone that you love to hate and that makes fueds involving him alot more realistic. But man does he come out with some crap sometimes!!
I really hope TNA starts booking better, i would love another monday night war of such between them and the WWE, maybe the old days would come back in some form! we can dream.

Mr. JL
04-12-2008, 01:24 PM
TNA has pretty much sucked ever since the S.E.X. era