PDA

View Full Version : Full Smackdown Spoilers including hilarious botch

KingofOldSchool
04-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Mike McMahon reporting from the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA:

SmackDown Opener:

A bunch of dancers are out with The Great Khali to start Smackdown. His manager says Khali has a peace offering. The Big Show comes out. Khali gives the Big Show a bunch of Indian things including a goat. They shake hands then Show knocks him out with one blow.

Non-title: The Miz and John Morrison vs. Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang. Miz pinned Yang after an inverted ace crusher type move.

Vickie Guerrero and Edge were getting massages away from the venue with the night off.

Finlay and Hornswoggle vs. Matt Striker. Hornswoggle squirts Striker mid match. After more antics, Finlay wins via start shot.

Victoria with "Natalia" (Nattie Neidhart). They show an anvil highlight reel. Nat cuts a short promo. Michelle comes out, bell rings for a match with Victoria. Victoria wins after Nat throws something at Michelle to distract her.

HBK/Batista in ring segment. HBK says everyone has moved on except Batista. Batista says HBK stabbed people in the back. Michaels and Batista could get by on size, but he couldn't. So he did what he had to. Segment ends with Michaels faking sweet chin music and then a brief brawl.

Vladimir Kozlov defeated Matt Logan. This will never make TV, but Kozlov botched his introduction twice, first by heading out before they were filming and then walking backstage as the lights were on. Absolutely hysterical live.

MVP comes out to do commentary for Matt Hardy vs. Chuck Palumbo. Hardy wins via the twist of fate. Matt then yells at MVP, who leaves the ring area.

Interview with Jesse. He says he's never seen Festus like that before.

They did several vignettes with Edge and Vickie Guerrero to give the impression they were having sex.

Undertaker defeated Festus via gogoplata. Ref bump that led to nothing, new ref came down to call for the bell.

After SmackDown: Edgeheads and Chavo Guerrero beat down the Undertaker. Batista comes for the the save. Edge comes out. Then Kane. Massive brawling. Big Show out next. Faces beat down the heels.

IC Champion
04-08-2008, 11:45 PM
LOL

FourFifty
04-08-2008, 11:51 PM
What's the point of Festus vs The Undertaker?

Jeritron
04-09-2008, 12:04 AM
It's pretty sad when a post WM live event is 20 minutes away, and most likely easy to get tickets for, and I don't want to go. Glad I didn't

Jeritron
04-09-2008, 12:05 AM
If it was Raw I'd go. They never have Raw in Boston, only Smackdown

Dorkchop
04-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Hornswoggle squirts Striker mid match

WHAT THE FUCK?

The Optimist
04-09-2008, 01:11 AM
What's the point of Festus vs The Undertaker?
Festus was Fake Kane. I laughed.

Batista making the save for Taker is pretty epic.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Festus was being "punished" by Vickie Guerrero for destroying Zack Ryder the previous week. Sounds like a pretty hilarious SmackDown!, for all the wrong reasons.

OK, the opening segment sounds great. Khali apparently had Indian dancers, and offered Big Show a goat, a chicken and some fine scotch. Show then knocking Khali out with one punch? Awesome.

It sounds like The Miz beat Jimmy Wang Yang with a version of his Reality Check. That should be a good match. I am pissed about what they are doing to Finlay, though. He should have gone over at WresteMania, but putting that aside, Triple H completely overlooked the guy on RAW ("Who the hell are you, you just slap midgets arounds...completely ignoring the world class talent you defeated at WrestleMania"), and this match sounds ridiculous. There were apparently a super soaker, a bucket of confetti, a bucket of water, and a toy shillelagh involved. Just ridiculous.

Vladimir Kozlov is awful. Bring back Matt Bentley.

Nowhere Man
04-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Just the idea of an actual match between Khali and Big Show makes me want to hide in a bunker somewhere and never come out, because I refuse to live in a world where that sort of thing would be allowed to happen.

Londoner
04-09-2008, 06:37 AM
LOL wtf@kozlov, must've been on drugs or somethin. Or maybe he's just as dumb as i first thought. Matt Bentley must be laughing.

RVDmark
04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I get the feeling if they made Smackdown live, it would be more entertaining. But for all the wrong reasons.

Londoner
04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Smackdowns far more entertaining than raw atm..

Dorkchop
04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Hornswoggle squirts Striker mid match
WHAT THE FUCK?

NoRoolz
04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
lol to be fair from the moment Khali was signed, Khali/Show was inevitable.

GAY as it is, Vince loves his big man battles, and this is like the ultimate to him. Surprised it hasn't been saved for a WM to be honest.

Juan
04-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Anyone notice MVP on commentary during the Hardy/Palumbo match?

:?:

I don't think he was supposed to mention the title match, but they edited the commentary when the match was over.