PDA

View Full Version : Not going to watch SmackDown tonight (SD Spoilers)

FourFifty
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Ya know, I've been a fan of Vince's shows, be it WWF or WWE, for around 20 years now. I've seen a lot of crap, and I know that there will always be crap as long as there's wrestling. I've seen every god awful storyline Vince has given us. A drag queen winning the women's title, Katie Vick, the Diva Search, Chyna winning the women's title, Chavo Classic, Boogen, Super Cena, Super Hogan, Tommy Dreamer drinking weird stuff, Cole getting raped, Vito in a dress, Bluedust, Hornwsaggle as Vince's bastard son, ECW losing all self respect, HHH in a pig pen, 42 last matches for Hulk Hogan, 21 one night only DX teams, Sean Waltman, Hawk falling off the titantron.... well, you get my point.

But I'm not going to be insulted tonight. The Undertaker vs Festus? WHO BOOKS THIS CRAP!?!?!?!
SmackDown could have helped build the tag scene by having Jesse and Festus vs The Edgeheads while the Edgeheads ring the bell to get the win.

Yea, I see why. Festus beat up one of the Edgeheads, blah blah blah, Vickie who got her job with WWE over her late husband's dead body wants revenge for one of the Edgeheads, blah blah blah, put him in the ring with The Undertaker...
Seriously, that's fucking stupid. There's no reason for The Undertaker and Festus to be in the same ring. The thing is I like both wrestlers, but the logic behind this match is just.... beyond stupid.
So I'm gonna go do something that I should do more often during SmackDown. It's called not watch SmackDown.

El Fangel
04-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Well at the least the storylines are getting better.

Xero
04-11-2008, 08:24 PM
I haven't watched anything but RAW aside from a VERY rare DVR FF in at least two years. And with RAW I'm skipping anywhere from 75-95% of the show.

Welcome to the club.

DaVe
04-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Ah well, SmackDown is still better than Raw at this brief moment.

KingofOldSchool
04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Edge is feuding with Taker.

Edge's lackeys got trashed by Festus last week.

They want to weaken Taker for Edge's rematch at the PPV.

They booked Kane vs. Taker last week.

So to weaken Taker more and possibly get revenge at Festus, they booked Taker vs. Festus for this week.

Real simple booking.

Blitz
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
This is seriously the thing that makes you stop watching?

El Fangel
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Edge is feuding with Taker.

Edge's lackeys got trashed by Festus last week.

They want to weaken Taker for Edge's rematch at the PPV.

They booked Kane vs. Taker last week.

So to weaken Taker more and possibly get revenge at Festus, they booked Taker vs. Festus for this week.

Real simple booking.

Absolutely brilliant booking by a team of genius level WWE staff.

FourFifty
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
It's a classic case of "You can't please them all all of the time."
I cannot, under the current events, see Festus in the main event of any show. Yes, the booking is logical, but I think there's no point in putting Festus in the main event. MAYBE a handicap match Jesse, but... seriously.... Festus.... main event.... A gimmick who drools on himself VS An Iconic WWE Champion?

El Fangel
04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
How is Taker vs Festus pleasing anyone?

KingofOldSchool
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
It's a classic case of "You can't please them all all of the time."
I cannot, under the current events, see Festus in the main event of any show. Yes, the booking is logical, but I think there's no point in putting Festus in the main event. MAYBE a handicap match Jesse, but... seriously.... Festus.... main event.... A gimmick who drools on himself VS An Iconic WWE Champion?

Maybe pushing Festus while helping push the Edge/Taker feud?

Come back when Festus pins Taker clean.

Volchok
04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
MVP is making Coach his bitch right now on commentary.

Impact!
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Actually I liked the match. Don't know what you're on about.

The Optimist
04-12-2008, 12:38 AM
You're taking this too hard.

Festus, other than the gimmick, is the goods. He's extremely quick and explosive, especially for a man as huge as him. He was Fake Kane, and easily adapted to Kane's old moveset and mannerisms, so he's got lots of room to improve or change if need be. And he's only 24.

If he would close his goddamned mouth and look like a respectable retarded he'd actually be going places. And it is a bit suspect that he's booked singles in a main event, but this is far far better than Kevin Federline wrestling Cena. I was more pissed about The Miz getting an ECW title shot than I am about this.

FourFifty
04-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Come back when Festus pins Taker clean.

:nono:

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2008, 06:21 AM
I honestly don't mind this. It makes perfect sense, and it's not the greatest leap ever. It's sort of refreshing to see guys like Festus occasionally main event. I mean, it's actually a main event that feels unique and not like we'll be seeing it next week.

We can further this into Jesse & Festus vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins, easily. This gets them some exposure before it happens, so it doesn't just look like opening filler.

Festus is also fantastic at playing a character. He stayed in character during Ric Flair's retirement, for crying out loud. He got Kane's mannerisms down, and he's great as the retard-schiz. He's not the best wrestler in the world, but his flying shoulder blocks at least look better than Cena's.

Hanso Amore
04-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Festus is 24 with that bald head? Ouch. he is my age!

Hanso Amore
04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
I do not enjoy Festus's ass slap and splash. Its weird.

I like this, it Puts Festus over as he gets to take on taker and fued with Edge and his crew.

This elevates Jesse and Festus as they are now fueding with the Main Event Heel faction. Soon they will be on the Taker's "side".

The Only question is why these 2 teams are fueding and somehow the Tag champs are barely even Openers.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
The Miz and John Morrison are far greater than being openers.

Y2Ant
04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Bluedust was awesome :foc:

Jordan
04-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Well you should have seen the match before you talked so much shit. It was a really good match, and made Festus look like a guy who can hang at the top.

Team Sheep
04-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah I loved the match, and as soon as I tuned in and saw the graphic come up for Taker vs Festus I was instantly intrigued. It's just something new and interesting, and as others have said it wasn't just pointless.

Rollermacka
04-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Festus is 24 with that bald head? Ouch. he is my age!

WOW He's only 24. I thought he was like 35 or something. That's crazy then again my bud was 18 and he went COMPLETELY BALD. He growns no facial hair or anything.

Gertner
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
ummm nobody has been able to stop Festus, so why not put him against The Undertaker instead of rehashing the same old shit week in and week out. I guess we coulcwatch batista vs taker for the 1 thousandth time.

Xero
04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Because Unstoppable Monster vs The Undertaker is so original.

Jordan
04-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Are you serious? Taker's been here forever, I challenge you to come up with an original idea.

Xero
04-13-2008, 06:39 PM
There aren't many, but Taker vs Monster is the most overused gimmick he does by a long shot. It'd be nice to go a year or two without one.

Anybody Thrilla
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
FourFifty, do yourself a favor and stop watching all together.

I really enjoyed Smackdown, and I have been enjoying all of the programming as of late. There's a different feel to it all more in the 'anything can happen' sense. This is the closest to Attitude Era booking as we've been sense.

Anywho, it was obviously played out as if Undertaker was going to destroy Festus the whole time, nobody looked weak, and the match was quite enjoyable. As far as it being a 'main event', sure it was a television main event (which really doesn't mean shit in terms of actual main eventing), but it wasn't the main event for the live show, which I'm sure was a higher profile match.

Anybody Thrilla
04-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I guess this means FourFifty won't be getting a Fake Kane mask tattoo.

FourFifty
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
I guess this means FourFifty won't be getting a Fake Kane mask tattoo.

It'll be a fake tattoo.

Testicle
04-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The Miz and John Morrison are far greater than being openers.

Morrison is a spot monkey.

Spot monkeys deserve to be curtain jerkers.

Jeritron
04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Opening the show is the second most important match on the card in a way. If you're picked to open a show it's actually an honor. John Morrison and The Miz are custom made for being openers