PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO MAN UP AGAIN BOY ITS ON MAN UP

Innovator
04-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Briscoes once again are ROH Tag Team Champions, beating Rocky Romero and Davey Richards tonight in Edison, NJ

El Fangel
04-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Inno-Vader!

Innovator
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
IT'S TIME

IT'S TIME

IT'S INNO TIME

Juan
04-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Who?

Halbowsky
04-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Briscoes once again are ROH Tag Team Champions, beating Rocky Romero and Davey Richards tonight in Edison, NJ

Oh, thank f'n goodness! Don't get me wrong, I love Richards & Romero, but The Briscoes are just the best damn tag team in wrestling today

What Would Kevin Do?
04-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't see this reign being nearly as long as their last... Still, they are amazing at what they do. They aren't for everybody, but if you like that style, they are one of the best teams going today.

Halbowsky
04-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Looks like we might also be getting Claudio vs Nigel for the title at The Hammerstein. I hope so, since I'm going and I love Claudio's work

Mr. Pierre
04-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I just got back from another great Edison show :y:

Definitely didn't see the title change coming, but I'm glad it happened. Steen/Nigel was a lot of fun with a good finish I thought, and I cannot wait for Claudio/Nigel at the Hammerstein (even though it's not official yet). My MOTN though has to go to Claudio/Ibushi. The match was just AWESOME

Heros Welcome
04-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Yes Mr. Pierre the show was indeed great, as always. Loved Claudio Ibushi and Nigel Steen. ALSO! Everyones Hero, including mine of course is now going to be more serious and booted Dempsey from SNS INC. Finally get to see Hero actually wrestle without the antics. Granted they are great, but I've been wanting to see him wrestle serious for a while now.

On to the Briscoes....I too didn't see the title change coming. Though I was very excited and went nuts like the whole place did I just don't get why it happened. They were building towards a NRC/Steenerico match and now it looks like thats out the window.

MCMG now challenge the Briscoes in Chicago, and I just don't see MCMG losing again which brings up a lot of questions. Would the briscoes lose to MCMG? Then leading to a potential MCMG/Steenerico match in NYC? OR Do we get one last time Steenerico/Briscoes and they finally take the straps off them and go on to have a much well deserved run?

Great time to be an ROH fan, can't wait till HAMMERSTEIN! Nigel Claudio will be sick!

What Would Kevin Do?
04-13-2008, 03:01 AM
MCMG are challenging in Chicago.

Detroit gets MCMG Vs AotF, which I can't wait for. I've got second row tickets to the show. Good times. They're going to tear the building down.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-13-2008, 03:02 AM
I think in Detroit the Briscoes are fighting Ibushi and a partner TBA, so that should be great too... They need to stick Go into that match.

Heros Welcome
04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Ahh yes you're right, my bad

RGWhat316
04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
MCMG are challenging in Chicago.

Detroit gets MCMG Vs AotF, which I can't wait for. I've got second row tickets to the show. Good times. They're going to tear the building down.

I'll be there too Friday in Detroit. Been to the last 3 shows that were there. Me and my buddies got GA tickets, but we usually just sit by the entrance or on the rail.

RP
04-13-2008, 04:32 PM
what

Mooияakeя™
04-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, being the UK and having VM, I don't get to see anything than TNA and WWE. And even TNA is like a week behind or something, probably more.

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2008, 03:35 AM
I want to see a tag team division consisting of The Briscoes, Kevin Steen & El Generico, The Motor City Machine Guns, The LAX, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, The World's Greatest Tag Team, John Morrison & The Miz and Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore. I mean, it'd probably make me cum.

When they announced that The Briscoes wanted to main event the show because they wanted to send the fans home happy with a title change (completely dismissing Kevin Steen's chances against Nigel McGuinness, or the fans' investment in him) I immediately thought that ROH was planting the seeds for another Briscoes vs. Steen & Generico feud. Given how awesome their battles last year were, I would not mind seeing it.

They said they would never do another one again, but I would mark out if ROH just said "fuck it, we lied" and they did another Ladder War in the Hammerstein.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Few matches have been announced for the Hammerstein show. Including Necro-Morishima :love: and Danielson-Marafuji :drool: Wasn't a fan of their first match in 05 but they've both gotten exponentially better since then, Marafuji especially. Can't wait to see both those.

Heros Welcome
04-17-2008, 10:59 AM
The show is taking form, and I must say I am very excited. Though I do wish that GO was in a singles match rather than a 3 way, but the chops he is going to throw matched up with Roddy's is going to be fuckin nuts

What Would Kevin Do?
04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
I love the little Jimmy Jacobs promo on ageofthefall.com .

I seriously love his character, and it'd depth. It's "real." Ala, he's all about his "revolution", but even when talking about Shelly, talking from the point of his AofF "revolution" the jealously and bitterness seeps through, showing that despite his growth, and how he tries to hide it, he's still very bitter...

And then the Lacey comment... Dear god. After all the Aotf talk, after everything, at the possibility of Lacey being with someone else, he still shows his emo, lovestruck side... " The key to a good revolution is communication. SO Lacey, I know you're watching this... So... ugh.. *sheepish* Just send me a text... or gimme a call... Email me..."

Heros Welcome
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Jacobs owns. That promo kicked ass. Their match with MCMG is going to tear the house down.

RGWhat316
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
My buddy is pissed that he won't get to see Danielson live again. I got a chance to see him back in September for the first time. But it looks as if he won't be there this Friday.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, he's touring in NOAH. We don't get Danielson or GO, but we get Ibushi and MCMGs, so I'm not complaining.

thecc
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMprES7tBKA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMprES7tBKA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

WWKD I highly recommend you get the most recent IWA-MS show when it comes out. It has, from what the sounds of it, is a tremendous Barbwire match between Jacobs and Whitmer.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-18-2008, 12:45 AM
So I heard... I'm torn, because I'm a huge Jacobs fan, and I loved his feud with WHitmer, but in general, I'm not a fan of barbwire matches... I don't know, they just seem unneeded to me... The ending does sound sick though, and I must admit, Jimmy has balls.

thecc
04-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Also from the IWA-MS 500th show there was a sick i quit match between them.

Mr. Nerfect
04-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Jacobs owns. That promo kicked ass. Their match with MCMG is going to tear the house down.

Both The MCMG's matches are going to be fantastic. Tyler Black has had some breakout performances recently, and this will most likely be another. Jimmy Jacobs is probably looking to get the spotlight back on him, too. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley are just mesmerising to watch. Oh, and The Briscoes are perhaps just purely the best tag team out there right now.

As for the Hammerstein shows, I'm hoping that Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli and The Briscoes vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico maybe get added to the already great looking card. I think it's going to be a great show for Ring of Honor. Bryan Danielson vs. Naomichi Marufuji will just be a great wrestling match, which I predict Danielson will win. Takeshi Morishima will get to kill Necro Butcher, who dies and kills things well. The 3-Way for the FIP World Heavyweight Title doesn't have me captivated, but it should be a good match, with some solid shit.

I'm still holding out the bizarre hope that Gabe and Cary will somehow get Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn to work a match on the show. If all that shit goes down, put that DVD on shelves.

ron the dial
04-18-2008, 01:02 AM
god i am so out of the roh loop :(

Heros Welcome
04-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Well Noid we do have the BIG announcement for Sunday. Could be Lynn and Van Dam. Could be PPV extended, with Hammerstein being the 7th PPV. I'll be refreshing the site to se what it is because no matter what its good news.

Another match I though about adding to the Hammerstein. With this whole Jacobs Lacey and Aries angle going on. What if Lacey returns in Detroit and Chicago, which I'm sure she will. She tells Jimmy that she did what she had to do for AoTF, but that she has fallen for Aries. Jimmy snaps finds Aries and pummels him till his is bleeding pretty bad. Lacey then decides that it would be best for her if she just stood back and stayed with Jimmy. All this leading to the beginning of a blood feud between Aries and Jimmy.

I know it sounds pretty much like the Whitmer Jacobs feud to start off, but I thought I would just throw it out there. Plus I'd like to see a nice long Aries Jacobs feud.

Mr. Nerfect
04-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Well Noid we do have the BIG announcement for Sunday. Could be Lynn and Van Dam. Could be PPV extended, with Hammerstein being the 7th PPV. I'll be refreshing the site to se what it is because no matter what its good news.

Another match I though about adding to the Hammerstein. With this whole Jacobs Lacey and Aries angle going on. What if Lacey returns in Detroit and Chicago, which I'm sure she will. She tells Jimmy that she did what she had to do for AoTF, but that she has fallen for Aries. Jimmy snaps finds Aries and pummels him till his is bleeding pretty bad. Lacey then decides that it would be best for her if she just stood back and stayed with Jimmy. All this leading to the beginning of a blood feud between Aries and Jimmy.

I know it sounds pretty much like the Whitmer Jacobs feud to start off, but I thought I would just throw it out there. Plus I'd like to see a nice long Aries Jacobs feud.

That is absolutely brilliant. I actually wouldn't mind Aries stealing The Age of the Fall away from Jimmy Jacobs, either. He comes in, starts banging Lacey (like they apparently are behind the scenes), Necro Butcher & Tyler Black love having a former ROH World Champion in their ranks, and Jacobs basically quits the group and goes after Aries while Black & Butcher are like "kwtf, man?"

Aries vs. Jacobs anyway it happens would be greatness.

Oh, and I'm also hoping for a Chris Hero vs. Brent Albright match in the Hammerstein. Or at least something building towards it. Albright just joined Sweet N' Sour, but I have a feeling we are heading towards a face turn and a feud with Chris Hero and Larry Sweeney. If Albright changed Bobby Dempsey in the ways of being a bad ass, you might get some entertaining skits out of Albright, which would be somethin diverse for his usual "no-nonsense" image.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-18-2008, 04:14 AM
Aries taking over AotF would be a bit close to what happened with GeNext IMHO. But him and they feuding seems like the next logical step.

Last thing I read Danielson was undefeated on his latest tour, tapping people out left & right. I *think* there's an upcoming tag with KENTAfuji vs Dragon & Go, which should be awesome if it's taped.

RGWhat316
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm still holding out the bizarre hope that Gabe and Cary will somehow get Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn to work a match on the show. If all that shit goes down, put that DVD on shelves.

Not just the shelves, if they can get Lynn and RVD, that should be a live ppv.

Indifferent Clox
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I'd order it

FourFifty
04-18-2008, 09:19 PM
It's pretty cool that even though they're in the WWE Hall of Fame they can still become champions!

...Wait, wrong Briscoes? :shifty:

RGWhat316
04-19-2008, 01:26 AM
HAHA, the Machine Guns even jobbed in ROH tonight. The Age of the Fall win! I was actually one of the only people wanting AoTF to win. And they just killed the crowd. People started throwing stuff in the ring afterwards.

I had a fun time at the show. Even got Kota Ibushi's autograph afterwards. Kota is definitely wild in the ring, saw some moves I had never seen before. Voice is almost gone from yelling during most of the show. Shocked to see Joey Mercury(Matthews) actually job to Jigsaw. Almost didn't recognize Joey at first, he looks alot different.

Impact!
04-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Results?

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2008, 02:13 AM
It's pretty cool that even though they're in the WWE Hall of Fame they can still become champions!

...Wait, wrong Briscoes? :shifty:

They are The Brisco Brothers. We are talking about the Briscoe Brothers. ;)

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2008, 02:16 AM
HAHA, the Machine Guns even jobbed in ROH tonight. The Age of the Fall win! I was actually one of the only people wanting AoTF to win. And they just killed the crowd. People started throwing stuff in the ring afterwards.

I had a fun time at the show. Even got Kota Ibushi's autograph afterwards. Kota is definitely wild in the ring, saw some moves I had never seen before. Voice is almost gone from yelling during most of the show. Shocked to see Joey Mercury(Matthews) actually job to Jigsaw. Almost didn't recognize Joey at first, he looks alot different.

Putting DIFH was the only way to go. I mean, putting over TNA guys making guest appearances should not be priority. It's not a slap in the face to TNA, either, because TNA is punishing them, anyways.

Thought Jigsaw vs. Joey Matthews could have gone either way, but my money would have been on Jigsaw, because he's got the new look and Matthews seems to be jobbing at every corner. To switch things up here wouldn't have meant much. I hope that The Age of the Fall goes over The Vulture Squad in their six-man tag team match at their next show, to make up for the loss, though.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Damn... Good show all around... Claudio busted out an amazing spot in the end of his tag match. Generico reversed the Recola Bomb, grabs Claudio's arm, and goes for his little move where he runs to the top rope, jumps off, and nails a DDT (Imagine Undertaker's old school, but jumping to the rope, and ending in a swinging DDT.)

Anyway, Claudio, right as Generico swings his legs in and is about to DDT him, stops Generico's momentum, holds him in place, then lifts him a bit almost like a suplex, tosses him in the air, and blasts him with a Euro uppercut on the way down... Recola bomb follows for the win.

And the AotF/MCMG match... WOW! A little spotty, but dear god. The ending was great... The entire arena chanting "Please don't tap!" (my girlfriend and I, and a few stragglers in the crowd chanting tap), and Shelley taps. The air was sucked out of the crowd... It was dead quite for a few seconds before the shouting and booing began, and then people started throwing things as Jacobs and Black egged them on... Good times.

And Ibushi busted out his double moonsault, and I marked the fuck out. For the people who don't know, he goes for top rope moonsault, but his opponent rolls out of the way, at which point Ibushi lands on his feet and immediately hits a second, standing moonsault.

Anyway, here are the results for both nights... and, if you can't tell... Poor poor Aries... Jimmy's going to kill him...

Pre-Show Results:

1) Nate Mattson vs "Sugarfoot" Alex Payne. Mattson gets the victory.

Main Show Results:

1) "Unreal" Mike Elgin, Danny Daniels, Mike Nakazawa vs Mitch Franklin, Pelle Primeau, Ernie Osiris. Pelle pins Elgin to get his team the win.

2) Rhett Titus vs Silas Young. Adam Pearce is not in the building. Young beats Titus.

3) "Shatterd Rockstar" Joey Matthews vs Jigsaw. Jigsaw d. Matthews.

4) Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico. Claudio pins Generico after Ricola Bomb. Claudio holds up ROH title afterwards and a staredown ensues between Nigel and Claudio.

5) Necro Butcher vs. Delirious - Falls Count Anywhere. Necro defeats Delirious!

6) Jack Evans & Ruckus vs. Brent Albright & Chris Hero. Hero has new theme. Ruckus pins Hero after hitting a top rope twisty move. Sweeney argued with Albright after the match, Brent threatened to hit him but pulls back and leaves.

7) Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Kota Ibushi & Austin Aries. Awesome tag match. Briscoes win after spike jaydriller on Ibushi. Place went nuts. Ibushi is awesome.

- Prazak comes out to ask Aries about what happened with Lacey. Austin doesn't answer as Lacey comes out. They make out then leave.

8) Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin. Good match so far. Shelley way over, has broken out the skullf*ck. Brawling in the crowd. Shelley taps to Jacobs' End Times.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preshow:
Danny Daniels and Rhett Titus v Trik Davis and Ernie Osiris
-winners: Daniels and Titus

Main Show
Silas Young v Austin Aries
-Aries wins with Horns of Aries in about 8min. Elongated Squash.
Post match, Jacobs comes out and congradulates Aries on joining AotF. He's pround opf Laceys recruting. He dosnt want others touching his "things", meaning Lacey. Aries responds by saying its hard to be 2nd in command, and implied they had sex all night. He said Jimmy is "a lot of wht he ate that night, p****". He's not joining, and Lacey has left the AotF. He tells Jimmy not to get in his or Lacey buisness

Sugarfoot v Mitch Franklin
Match went for a min, and Jimmy came back out. He's pissed and sends Necro out to destroy the students. Its a hardcore handicap match. Necro beat the sh!t outta them! Double pin. Necro wins in less than 2 mins. Continues beatdown after match

Claudio Castagnoli & Pelle Primeau vs. Brent Albright & Adam Pearce
-Pelle gets beaten down, makes tag, CC cleans house, Pearce hits Brent with his case, CC hits Ricola bomb, and wins

Shimmer 4 way:
-A "Marijuana" chant breaks out for Daziee. And a "Hot Topic" chant for MsChif. Lacey tries to start a "silicone" chant directed at Ashley, fails. Good match, Mschif wins while Lacey and Daizee are fighting outside the ring. Post match, Jimmy back out, asks Lacey why. She wants to talk, but not in public. She leaves. Aries out to walks to get Lacey, they make out. Jimmy collapses in tears. Crowd throws streamers at Jimmy while he's crying. Its damn funny. AotF out to help, Jimmy refuses.

Delirous vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney
-decent match, a little boring. Hero wins with a roaring elbow. Possible Delirous heel turn

The Rematch One Year In The Making- Non Title:
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin
-the opening 10 mins are better than the opening 20 last year. Amazing so far. Shelly skullf*cked Jay!!! Awesome move live, and a "you got skullf*cked" chant. So many great spots to list. Lots of near near falls. MCMG win after top rope slice bread #2 from alex to mark. I think better than last year. Shelley pointed out they tied as all posed together. MCMG leave, AotF come out, Jimmy, Necro, Tyler, Gowen, Matthews, and Allison. They bloody the Briscoes. Jimmy spkies himself in anger. Aotf looks concerned as they leave

Intermission

El Generico v Kota Ibushi
-the match was amazing as you would have thought. Ibushi deserves to come back. Ibushi hit a reverse rana off the top rope, then the phoenix splash for the win. Amazing!!!

Six Man Tag Team Match:
Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Joey Matthews
-Zack Gowen replaced Jimmy. The crowd is pissed! Someone yelled at Tyler "you got 2 guys that Vince fired! Your F*cked!" and Tyler laughed. It was hilarious. AotF win after Black pins Jack with Small Package Driver. Post Match, Jimmy comes out and sends AotF to the back. He says he needs to do this alone. He tells Aries he broke his heart, and calls out Aries. Aries attacks, but Aotf come back out, minus Necro, and attack. The beat him down, and are setting up to spike him. Lacey out and begs him to stop, think macho, liz, and honkey tonk. Jimmy grabs Lacey and sets to spike her, but collapses and cries. AotF leave.

ROH World Title Match:
Nigel McGuinness vs. Kevin Steen
Steen kicks Nigel in the dick during the entrance, Nigel puts Steen through a table with a lariat, retains with the rebound, Steen complains Nigel held his tights.

Not sure what happened in the Nigel/Steen match... I just copied that from a separate post on the message board... Also, some people are saying that Lacey told Jimmy she was pregnant... That's... interesting... Not good persay, but interesting if it's true... reminds me of Raven/Beulah/Dreamer

Mr. Monday Morning
04-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Equal number of people are saying there was no mention of pregnancy. I can't imagine they'd go down that road tbh. Besides wouldn't that make it Jimmys'? :-\

Supposedly Nigel did the kick to the back/lariat combo that he normally does in the corner but on the apron, hence putting Steen through the table with it.

Mr. Nerfect
04-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Austin Aries and Jimmy Jacobs are now feuding. We can be happy.

There were apparently some great matches over the weekend. If Aries vs. Jacobs becomes an intense feud, then they could enter another high peak.

Impact!
04-20-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm likin it

RGWhat316
04-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Interesting during my show Friday night, the crowd broke out a "This is Wrestling" chant during the AoTF v MCMG match. There was also a flyer saying ROH would come back to Detroit in July on a Saturday night. Since the only time I know of the D getting a Saturday show was last year before WM. So there must be something special planned.

Just checking the results from night 2, and wow sounds like Jimmy takeover night. Strange of how alot of it sounds like Jericho/Christian/Trish. So Aries and Lacey are pulling the same things that Christian and Trish were doing, yet they are supposed to be face? That's the only thing I don't really get.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-20-2008, 03:30 PM
It's not really like that at all :-\ Aries and Jimmy weren't friends, they had no interaction prior to this. It's a lot more along the lines of Raven/Dreamer/Beulah.

Also supposedly Jimmy stabbed Mark Briscoe in the wrist and he's out indefinitely. It's more than likely a cover for an injury he picked up but it's still awful timing after they just got the belts back. Tag title tourney?

Heros Welcome
04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm with you that MMM. I can see a tag title tourney starting in VA, winners going on to NYC with Steenerico going over the NRC in the final.

As for this whole Jacobs/Lacey/Aries angle. I would agree that it does have a Raven/Dreamer/Beulah feel to it. I'm actually very excited for this like I said in previous posts, I would like to see a Aries Jacobs blood feud, and it looks like we are on our way down that road. Great stuff.

ALSO Generico/Ibushi sounded SICK, can't wait to see it on DVD.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I gave in and bought front row tickets to the next show in Detroit. It seems silly to pay an extra ten bucks a ticket to move up a 2 feet, but hey.

What I'm wondering, is if Jimmy does have an extended feud with Aries, how long until he's in the world title picture.

Anyway, as far as Aries being the "face" the problem is, it's hard to be a face against Jacobs. If anything, he'll be a tweener. A lot of wrestling fans won't cheer Jimmy because of the entire "emo" part of his character. Hell, you should of heard the shit he was getting in Detroit when he tagged out after getting skull fucked by Shelley.

Jimmy does play the underdog role great though, so chances are, by the end of the feud, he'll have a big following again because people want to see him overcome the odds.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2008, 01:28 AM
I'd love to see a ROH World Tag Team Title Tournament. That shit would be pretty fucking cool. Just trying to piece eight teams together in my head:

1. Tyler Black & Joey Matthews (Jimmy Jacobs should be focused on Aries)
2. Davey Richards & Rocky Romero
3. Kevin Steen & El Generico
4. Chris Hero & Eddie Edwards (seems they want to use Edwards more as a heel)
5. Claudio Castagnoli & Pelle Primeau (they seem buddy-buddy)
6. Ruckus & Jigsaw (I don't like leaders being in the tag teams)
7. Joker & Sabian (they would be a fair representation of BLKOUT wouldn't they?)
8. Jay Briscoe and a partner of his choosing (Bryan Danielson?)

Something like that could be incredible. Maybe even open the thing up, include 16 tag teams, and bring in a Japanese team or two for an appearance, and have some teams like The Young Bucks or The Heartbreak Express get a chance in ROH. Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway and Doug Basham & Damaja could put over some guys in some solid performances.

I think the team to take this is Kevin Steen & El Generico.

redoneja
04-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Whoa, just realized RoH is debuting in VA about a half hour from my hometown. Now I just need to figure out if I can fit this in my schedule.

redoneja
04-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Just got tickets :cool:

redoneja
04-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Manassas, VA- May 9th
Friday, May 09, 2008

Ring Of Honor
Sports Network and Fitness Inc.
May 9th, 2008- 7:00pm belltime
8320 Quarry Road
Manassas, VA 20110

Tickets are on sale at www.rohwrestling.com (http://www.rohwrestling.com/), www.tickets.com (http://www.tickets.com/), or by calling (215) 781-2500.

Six Man Main Event
FIP World Champion Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero & Davey Richards vs. GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji & Go Shiozaki

Rematch From "Breakout"
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black

Scheduled to appear:
-ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness
-SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey
-Austin Aries
-The Age Of The Fall of Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher
-Jay & Mark Briscoe
-Claudio Castagoli
-Erick Stevens
-Plus many more to be added!!!

Should be sweet. Pretty awesome that I'm actually going to get to see Morishima, Go, and Marifuji

What Would Kevin Do?
04-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Enjoy it. Maru is awesome live.

Indifferent Clox
04-21-2008, 04:55 AM
so how long has AOTF been around what's the whole story behind them? I know little parts but only saw them on undeniable.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-21-2008, 05:20 AM
www.ageofthefall.com (http://www.ageofthefall.com)

It's sort of hard to explain. Essentially, its Tyler Black's and Jimmy Jacob's social movement. You could read the blog on the site if you're real ambitious to try to get their "message."

More importantly, it's the evolution of Jimmy Jacobs, who has went from a mini-berserker, to a love struck kid, to an horribly emo kid, to a damn near psycho, to a "revolutionary" society hater of sorts, and apparently now to a psycho/emo/torn revolutionary society hater of sorts.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-21-2008, 05:22 AM
When you look at it altogether, Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher, Joey Mathews, Zach Gowen, and Alison Wonderland ( no more Lacey though:( supposedly), do make up a pretty badass stable. It's very Raven's Flock like actually.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-21-2008, 07:34 AM
8. Jay Briscoe and a partner of his choosing (Bryan Danielson?)

Jay should team with GO, and they shall be known as the BRISGOS

Yeah

If they're going to open it up the YRR will almost certainly be in. Might finally give a reason to put Incoherence together as well.

Also, re AOTF, read this somewhere else and it chimed with me - it's not really Jimmy's movement, it's Tyler's. Jimmy created it, and got it up and running and everything, but he basically did it all for Lacey, at the end of the day. He doesn't really seem to believe it all. Whereas Tyler writes the blogs, etc etc, and has seemingly actually bought into the message for real. So it probably won't be that long before Jimmy is on his own.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm wondering if we may see some kind of "Year of the Rise" stable to counteract The Age of the Fall. You know, obviously with a better name, and all that.

Austin Aries and Jimmy Jacobs now want to get at each other's throats. Jay Briscoe now has reason to despite Jacobs, as does Mark Briscoe. There is perfectly logical cause for Aries and The Briscoes to now associate themselves with each other. Who could make up other members of the group? Well, Aries seems to have a bit of a partnership going with Bryan Danielson. It wouldn't be hard to work him in, given that he has had his fair share of problems with The AOTF and that he even has an upcoming match with Black at their VA debut.

Maybe throw in a random ROH student into the group. I'm not sure if any brilliant wrestlers have come from the ROH Wrestling Academy, or anything, but they could do something interesting with it, I'm sure. This ROH student obviously loves ROH enough to train with them, and the AOTF is all about destroying ROH. Austin Aries also apparently works very closely with the students, and it appears they are touching reality-based points with his character (his relationship with Lacey now being acknowledged, for example). A personal student of Aries would make an interesting ally for him. You can have Joey Matthews try and lure this kid away from the anti-AOTF camp, and offer him training of his own, which could spark some Aries vs. Matthews matches, and some Matthews vs. student matches, and even some Matthews' student vs. student matches.

I don't know who to suggest for the group, but I wouldn't make it Pelle Primeau, as he seems closer to Claudio Castagnoli in the storylines now. Bobby Dempsey is also over enough as it is, and Shane Hagadorn should be a part of Sweet N' Sour International. I'd go with Mitch Franklin, because while he has a bland name, and is probably not example a barrel of charisma, I have heard that he is one of the more promising students the ROH Wrestling Academy has had to offer.

I would not mind a "super group" formed to battle The Age of the Fall. I think it would actually be a pretty good storyline, actually.

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Manassas, VA- May 9th
Friday, May 09, 2008

Ring Of Honor
Sports Network and Fitness Inc.
May 9th, 2008- 7:00pm belltime
8320 Quarry Road
Manassas, VA 20110

Tickets are on sale at www.rohwrestling.com (http://www.rohwrestling.com/), www.tickets.com (http://www.tickets.com/), or by calling (215) 781-2500.

Six Man Main Event
FIP World Champion Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero & Davey Richards vs. GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji & Go Shiozaki

Rematch From "Breakout"
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black

Scheduled to appear:
-ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness
-SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey
-Austin Aries
-The Age Of The Fall of Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher
-Jay & Mark Briscoe
-Claudio Castagoli
-Erick Stevens
-Plus many more to be added!!!

Should be sweet. Pretty awesome that I'm actually going to get to see Morishima, Go, and Marifuji

Austin Aries vs. Erick Stevens and Jay Briscoe vs. Jimmy Jacobs have been added to this show, as well. Aries and Stevens are having a rematch based on their issues stemming from Resilience breaking up, and Jay Briscoe is out for revenge against Jacobs for stabbing Mark Briscoe.

Impact!
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Jay should team with GO, and they shall be known as the BRISGOS
I disagree. Jay should find a jewish wrestler and form the Brisscoe's

Impact!
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
:shifty:

Impact!
04-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I feel terrible about that one

RGWhat316
04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
To even up the odds, Jimmy should bring in one of Lacey's friends to go against her and Aries, and who better than Rain?

Indifferent Clox
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
AOTF's blog is actually really good.