PDA

View Full Version : Should they change the old WWF videos?

Rollermacka
04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
I reciently bought the entire WWE Royal Rumble DVDs and I noticed that they changed the old WWF dvds by blurring out the F and "censoring" the wrestlers when they said WWF. I was wonderin do you think they should have to do this to there archives?

Xero
04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
No, they shouldn't, and I'm POSITIVE that Vince could have worked something out with the Panda Police to allow them to use the archive uncensored and unedited but he's too stubborned.

Xero
04-13-2008, 12:33 AM
The again, the thought that people would get a wrestling company mixed up with an animal preservation company is absurd. Were there really people going to WWF rallies expecting to see Steve Austin and instead saw some hippie ranting about how the tit pecker is an endangered species and how there are only two tits to every boobie out there?

Lock Jaw
04-13-2008, 12:49 AM
With the level of intelligence of some fans, I wouldn't doubt it.

Mike the Metal Ed
04-13-2008, 01:10 AM
There's obviously no problem with it in the UK, since our exclusive "Tagged Classics" series DVDs are completely blur-free.

Xero
04-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Which is ironic, since I believe the WWFund's action was directly related to UK advertising. I suppose copyright/archive laws are different there.

Mike the Metal Ed
04-13-2008, 01:15 AM
The court case was held in this country too. It's strange, but I'm not complaining. :D

Kane Knight
04-13-2008, 11:53 AM
No, they shouldn't, and I'm POSITIVE that Vince could have worked something out with the Panda Police to allow them to use the archive uncensored and unedited but he's too stubborned.

not to mention Vince told them to fuck off in the first place. In order to come to any agreement, he'd have to swallow his pride, which will never happen.

Then again, also keep in mind it was a non-monetary arrangement initially.

The again, the thought that people would get a wrestling company mixed up with an animal preservation company is absurd. Were there really people going to WWF rallies expecting to see Steve Austin and instead saw some hippie ranting about how the tit pecker is an endangered species and how there are only two tits to every boobie out there?

Almost as absurd as the situation used to demonstrate it.

But still, people did demonstrably cross and associate the two, so it's not horribly hard to see why WWF wouldn't want to be associated with the crude shit that was going on on TV. I'm not saying people who can't tell the pandas from the carnies are intelligent, but trademark and copyright laws aren't exactly written with the most intelligent or discerning people in mind....And let's face it, wrestling fans kind of are the people who need that kind of protection, by and large...

TerranRich
04-13-2008, 03:21 PM
You know, when I was 10 or so, I saw a "WWF" sticker with a panda on it. Even at 10 years old, I figured it was a different WWF that had to do with animals or endangered species.

Kenny
04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm not much of a wrestling DVD collector, but if I was I'd get as many as I could now while they're still allowed to call Batista "The Animal."

TerranRich
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't quite get it.

Also, have you noticed, Rollermacka, that they usually dub over some of the themes as well? It's more apparent on the older WrestleManias, etc. released recently.

What I can't figure out is why Slick's "Jive Soul Bro" and Boss Man's "Hard Time" were dubbed over. Were they not strictly WWF-produced?

Xero
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Well, I understand themes being modified because they don't want to re-pay for them. Obviously anything they edit out wasn't WWE/F-produced.

Back to the WWF logos, I have to wonder if the man-hours it takes to do all the dubbing and blurring is cheaper than some kind of settlement.

Kane Knight
04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I doubt there would be much money involved. Well, maybe now.

Mooияakeя™
04-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Get the "F" out!

Hmm, I remember they were recruiting for people to do the blurring out!