PDA

View Full Version : Muse

BCWWF
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I've heard lots of good things but of the songs I downloaded the only one I really like is "Supermassive Black Hole." I've only got four other ones, so tell me which ones to get.

Requiem
04-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Download the entire Absolution CD, and Origin of Symmetry. They are the best albums, IMO. The newest, Black Holes and Revelations (with Supermassive Black Hole) is a good album, but definitely not the best IMO. Same with their first CD, Showbiz. Good in its own way but not the best.

Origin of Symmetry is by far my favorite, but Absolution was the one that got me hooked. It is epic.

BCWWF
04-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Also, while we're at it: Bloc Party. I like "The Prayer" "She's Hearing Voices" and "Banquet." What else do you have for me?

MVP
04-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Stockholm Syndrome is a pretty sweet song. I only know a few others though.

Downunder
04-15-2008, 06:32 AM
They are terribly overrated - although they are not terrible.

FakeLaser
04-15-2008, 03:09 PM
New Born
Space Dementia
Knights of Cydonia
Apocalypse Please
Stockholm Syndrome
Sunburn

BCWWF
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I downloaded some of the older songs (mainly looked at Wikipedia and figured whichever singles climbed the highest on the charts were probably the best) and they are a little too heavy for me. I'll try Stockholm Syndrome, I think that's the one I didn't get yet.

Requiem
04-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm telling you, download Absolution. It has a good mix of styles that they've done, and the entire album from start to finish is EPIC.

Tornado
04-15-2008, 05:33 PM
God, don't get me started on this band, I fucking LOVE them. They are, IMO opinion the best live act on the planet that are active today. I've seen them a total of 9 times now, and each time has just got better and better, the lastest being this last weekend at The Royal Albert Hall, which was the most epic gig ever, so if you ever have the chance to see them live, do.

If you're not into heavy stuff, steer away from Stockholm Syndrome, it's by far their heaviest song.

Heres some suggestions from each album:

Showbiz
Muscle Museum
Uno
Unintended
Sunburn
Overdue

Origin of Symmetry
New Born
Bliss
Plug in Baby
Feeling Good
Darkshines
Micro Cuts
Space Dementia
Megalomania

Absolution
Apocalypse Please
Hysteria
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
Blackout
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Fury (on the japanese edition)

Black Holes and Revelations
Take a Bow
Starlight
Map of the Problematique
Invincible
City of Delusion
Knights of Cydonia

B-Sides
In Your World
Deadstar
The Groove

Requiem
04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Tornado knows what's up.

Downunder
04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
If you're into heavy stuff steer away from Muse

Tornado
04-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Also, if it's been released near you yet, try to get hold of the H.A.A.R.P DVD (stupid fucking name). It's a DVD of their two night residency at Wembley Stadium, and it's them at their live best.

Requiem
04-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, HAARP is fucking awesome. Been listening to the CD a lot lately. Knowing how into conspiracies Matt Bellamy is, it is likely that the DVD/CD was named after the HAARP project in alaska.

Tornado
04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah it's named after the project, as they used elements of it in their set design.
And HAARP is awesome, I was at both nights, stunning.

Requiem
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I hate you Tornado. :'( I would kill to see them live even once.

Tornado
04-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I hate you Tornado. :'( I would kill to see them live even once.

Best live act i've ever seen. I see them live whenever I have the opportunity. Spent three nights in London in 2006 when they did a 3-night stint at Wembley Arena.

Kane Knight
04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
They are terribly overrated - although they are not terrible.

I agree, though my agreement will no doubt enter into the same argument the last time Muse came up.

Requiem
04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Nah. Not gonna argue about it this time. I think they are the greatest fucking thing since sliced bread. Absolutely no amount of arguing is going to change my mind on that, and it's obvious nothing will change your mind about them being overrated.

They're not. But that's just my opinion obviously.

Kane Knight
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Nah. Not gonna argue about it this time. I think they are the greatest fucking thing since sliced bread. Absolutely no amount of arguing is going to change my mind on that, and it's obvious nothing will change your mind about them being overrated.

They're not. But that's just my opinion obviously.

Your opinion is exactly why they're overrated.

Requiem
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
lol.. you realize that could work with -any- band you don't like as much as someone else, right?

Any single band that you do not think is as good as someone says they are, then becomes overrated in your eyes. It doesn't matter if you think they're good or bad. They're simply rated higher by another person than they are by you, so that makes them suddenly 'overrated'.

It's not even really possible to offer an argument as to why, except that the level at which someone likes them is different than your own. I could easily turn around and say the exact same thing about a band that you think is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since I don't think they are that good, they are overrated.

So the term overrated is overused, as Fignuts said in another thread here. Any band is overrated as long as someone likes them less than another person. :roll: