PDA

View Full Version : So let's worship our king

Mr. Nerfect
04-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I marked out in my pants a little when I read that William Regal was the 2008 King of the Ring. I'm hoping this means a credible push as a singles wrestler is on the way for King William.

Fuck, I'd mark out for Regal declaring he can get a title shot whenever he wants, and being a transitional WWE Champion between Randy Orton and CM Punk. I doubt we'll get to see Regal climb that high. It's OK to dream, though.

I have a feeling that Regal will be relinquishing his position as RAW General Manager, and that Regal may end up going to ECW to help the guys there.

Afterlife
04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I knew Regal was winning it all the minute he entered the tourny. I hope he finally gets the heel champ run for which he's been asking.

Innovator
04-21-2008, 11:53 PM
He has a friend in a high place, he can work & talk, so let's see what he can do finally in a top spot...I mean jesus the two top heels on RAW are Randy Orton and Jiggletits.

Afterlife
04-21-2008, 11:57 PM
He has a friend in a high place, he can work & talk, so let's see what he can do finally in a top spot...I mean jesus the two top heels on RAW are Randy Orton and Jiggletits.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 12:00 AM
lol jiggletits.

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I vote "Jiggletits" as JBL's new official TPDub Moniker.

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 12:13 AM
I didn't even see the above comment till after I posted. I think you should start a thread with poll, afterlife (just make sure Mike Adamle is a choice).

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
I dunno. I got the dreaded "Neg Rep" for promotong Shakes humor. I'd hate to continue in such a fashion, lest all my green turn red. :roll:

Dorkchop
04-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Regal is too willing to job out to younger guys to give them momentum. I doubt he'll get a title run. He certainly has every quality to have a great title run and make the belt mean something.

I'm shocked he won the KOTR. I'm just disappointed every match in it were pretty lackluster.

Lock Jaw
04-22-2008, 12:26 AM
This will only work if they continue to actually have him wrestle. Tonight he was great. All business and ruthless. Yeah, he faced guys who he had an advantage over going in... but he didn't play around with Hornswoggle, he didn't cheat at all in his matches with Finlay and Punk. He won by submission, breaking out the Regal Stretch... I don't remember the last time he used that (unless I just haven't been paying attention).

If they don't have him wrestle though, it is massive failure.

Also, if they have him wrestle and give him a big serious heel push just so they have a heel to job to Cena that is also massive failure.

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, it wasn't a ppv. And KOTR is pretty sporadic anymore. It was about what I expected in terms of match quality, though I definitely would have put a normal wrestler in place of Hornswoggle.

Heros Welcome
04-22-2008, 12:43 AM
I really hope something becomes of this. Regal says that he is ready for a push for the gold. Relinquishes his title as GM. Eneter Shane as the GM for RAW, and Regal goes on raking up some wins as the 2 heel (Jiggletits can go blow) and gets a world title program.

Will it happen? Probably not, but I can dream just as much as 'Noid can.

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 12:50 AM
ok so do you think Regal is gonna get a main event push now or simply a upper midcard push?

I think if he goes after the main event slot and comes up a little short perhaps then maybe wins the IC title down the line (survivor series) and tries again sometime near backlash next year and gets a title run going into summerslam that'd be cool.

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 12:52 AM
We're all allowed to dream.

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 12:58 AM
ok so do you think Regal is gonna get a main event push now or simply a upper midcard push?

I think if he goes after the main event slot and comes up a little short perhaps then maybe wins the IC title down the line (survivor series) and tries again sometime near backlash next year and gets a title run going into summerslam that'd be cool.

Fuck the wait. JBL didn't earn his elevation. It was handed to him. I say Regal's done enough; let him have his run.

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh wait.

What if he's drafted to SD and becomes a main event heel over there.

Undertaker/ Regal :drool:

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Let's not go crazy.

St. Jimmy
04-22-2008, 01:57 AM
ALL HAIL KING JABBA!

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Like I said: John Candy. Also, why do you have this agenda?

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2008, 03:55 AM
The current main event for Backlash currently does very little for me. Throw in Regal and make it a Five-Way. Give me someone to mark out for.

My guess, however, is that Regal isn't going to go to the top. He'll hover around upper mid-card status. I expect him to feud with either Finlay or CM Punk coming out of this (probably in that order), and for him to go over Finlay, but probably do the job to Punk. Then, who knows where he goes.

I think Regal should be stripped of his position as RAW General Manager now that he's won the 2008 King of the Ring Tournament. The winner of that tournament should have in-ring duties that take priority over being an office guy. Vince can put someone else in the role of General Manager. The first two names who put into my head are Joey Styles (who will be at TV tapings, and is a pretty good talker and could be of use being kept on TV) or Theodore Long (with the apparently African American initiative going on).

Part of me is expecting Regal to win the IC Title as early as next week. Something seems off about the IC Champion being a Special Guest Referee at Backlash.

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 04:24 AM
Joey as GM? Pardon me while I hump your leg.

FourFifty
04-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Ya know, I thought Punk was going to go all the way. Well, I thought this after Punk beat Jericho in a match that could be described as "botchy." Seeing Jericho and Punk I KNEW it was going to be the winner of that match.
And it was set up great for Regal to lose. He beat a midget and put the nail in a casket. So from a marks standpoint we have Regal, the fresh man in the ring with CM Punk who just had two brutal matches. CM Punk would have to pull a Cena and overcome the odds. I had mild flashbacks of WM 4 when Savage beat The Million Dollar Man. Savage had three matches and then Ted, who only had one or two. Well, this time the heel won, and I'm happy.

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2008, 06:00 AM
William Regal's hair alone deserves to be King of the Ring.

KingofOldSchool
04-22-2008, 07:19 AM
I still think it is pretty stupid to make an almost inactive wrestler KOTR.

Verbose Minch
04-22-2008, 09:15 AM
This is an excellent time for Foley to be GM.

weather vane
04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
LORD William Regal

BigDaddyCool
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
ALL HAIL KING JABBA!

BDC is king of the wrestling forum. :mad:

Avenger
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Foley is so annoying.

BigDaddyCool
04-22-2008, 09:30 AM
What about Mick Foley being annoying? I agree, I don't like him anymore and hate when he comes out, but what brings this up Avenger?

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM

Principal Skinner: Well <s>there wouldn't be any ponies</s> he wouldn't be inactive.

St. Jimmy
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM

I thought it was pretty stupid to even bother with KOTR at this point in the year, so you know nothing will come of it.

Giving it to someone inactive just makes it a moot point.

Stickman
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
It was a damn boring tournament.

DarKCentaur
04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
The top half of the brackets was booked brilliantly. The bottom half was just a waste of time, although the prospect of Regal winning intrigues me now.

Afterlife
04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
He's not just GM, he's now King of Raw, and he's going to start abusing his authority left and right. Eventually, after drastic manipulationsw under his "reign", he will find himself dethroned and probably sent to another brand as a regular wrestler and replaced by a new non-wrestler GM on Raw.

Xero
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Unless he gets a big enough push (in the ring) to warrant going over Punk it was one of the biggest wastes in KOTR history.

Had Regal been an active wrestler it would have been fine. Now they're probably just going to play up the King of RAW bullshit for a while and then drop it. KoTR is supposed to be for pushes, not just to give someone a gimmick.

MVP, Hardy or Punk could have used that WAY more than an inactive wrestler.

The jobbing of Punk is getting pretty ridiculous considering he's Mr. MITB.

Innovator
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
The jobbing of Punk? He just beat Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho, CLEAN

They aren't giving Punk a superman push, it's a slow build

Cmon the guy was losing to Chavo clean 8 weeks ago

Xero
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Losing to an inactive wrestler isn't exactly a "good" thing.

Punk never should have been in the tournament in the first place.

Jeritron
04-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Yea unless they planned on having him win, or lose in a hardfought contest to an established main eventer.. they should have protected him.

It's def not a good thing.

Should have lost to Colin Mochery

Vastardikai
04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Regal may be more or less inactive, but I think he should get one more title reign as kind of a thank you before he retires for good.

He is the best wrestler in the WWE to NEVER win a Heavyweight Title. They should rectify that, even if it's for a two week transition reign.

BigDaddyCool
04-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Regal has had matches the past 2 raws. He is hardly inactive. Plus punk is overrated.

Kane Knight
04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh look. Punk lost once. He's totally being buried.

Jeritron
04-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Yea it's hardly a burial either. He went over Matt Hardy and Jericho, who went over MVP

Fox
04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
This is like when King Booker won it. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Regal hold the World or WWE Title just once. Then again, I'd rather see Jericho hold it than Regal, and there lies the problem. Regal makes a fine King; there's just others who deserve it more.

Kane Knight
04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Yea it's hardly a burial either. He went over Matt Hardy and Jericho, who went over MVP

But it's Punk. Anything short of an undefeated streak is a burial.

Kane Knight
04-22-2008, 03:09 PM
This is like when King Booker won it. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Regal hold the World or WWE Title just once. Then again, I'd rather see Jericho hold it than Regal, and there lies the problem. Regal makes a fine King; there's just others who deserve it more.

I dunno, I'm hardly gonna lose any sleep over this or anything, but considering how hort the build was, and how it was totally non PPV, I don't really see this being that big a deal. Then again, I'm not going to be the one watching it regularly and subject to any possible after effect.

I just have trouble seeing it as anything worth much, so I'm fine with Lord Regal. Plus, I think Jericho's really phoned it in since his return, whereas at least Regal's been a solid character.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
It just seems like Punk is going to be the first person to lose with his MITB shot.

Or maybe, despite being a complete junky, maybe the WWE is just letting Punk keep it warm for Jeff Hardy. It would be stupid with his reliability to be honest, but who knows, they might push him to the moon again when he returns.

Jeff Hardy Vs. CM Punk in a ladder match for the MITB contract would be pretty entertaining for me.

St. Jimmy
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
SHOOP DA WHOOOP

Kane Knight
04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
It just seems like Punk is going to be the first person to lose with his MITB shot.

Good. I was trying to think of a less deserving World Champion than Edge, and I couldn't think of one until that came up.

Yeah, yeah, but KK, you're just hating on him because he's popular, even though your opinion was the same before the bandwagon started and will be the same long after the IWC has hopped on to a different one....

Inadequacy
04-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Good. I was trying to think of a less deserving World Champion than Edge, and I couldn't think of one until that came up.

Yeah, yeah, but KK, you're just hating on him because he's popular, even though your opinion was the same before the bandwagon started and will be the same long after the IWC has hopped on to a different one....

But you sure do look silly for talking to yourself

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
He's finally lost it.

Who's jamaican him crazy?

Inadequacy
04-22-2008, 05:38 PM
The Deuce? The Taz? Mike "the Mike" Mizanin? Some sort of elevated dick?

Mooияakeя™
04-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Regal is good for RAW.

If he's on the mic, it's more listenable
If he's on TV, it's more watchable
If he's in the ring, it's more believable

He could be shitting on Snitsky's head and it'd still be the best segment from the show.

The Heenan Family
04-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Having the King knock off the MITB who beat Jericho who beat MVP, gives him status right below the Champ...

Sorry Jeritron didn't see we had the same point until now....

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
But it's Punk. Anything short of an undefeated streak is a burial.

You said it, no one else.

But, Noid, don't you understand that if people disagree with a booking decision the WWE makes, it means that they want said person in question to unify the World Championships and main event WrestleMania undefeated? Aren't you the guy who argues that critiquing something individual is not critiquing the group? Take your own advice. This is what I mean when I say you do pretty much all the shit you call other people on.

I'm happy Regal one, because as Moonraker (sorry, man, can't get the backwards letters) said, the WWE is just better when Regal is on. He is a fantastic talker, he is a legitimately tough guy and a damn good wrestler, he's got the best hair in professional wrestling today, and he's one of the few guys in the WWE who can pull off comedy. Regal dancing with Cryme Tyme was money. Also, Regal has the best expressions in the WWE, bar none. I see Vince McMahon thrown out there, but Regal's are way better, in my opinion.

I really want to see Regal take a more face stance (don't have him play to the crowd, or anything, just have him beat the shit out of heels), because Regal is one of those few guys who can legitimately make me mark out as a face, but I guess they are pushing him as a ruthless heel, which makes my dream unlikely.

Lock Jaw
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I love the look on Regal's face after he won. Just sitting on the throne with like no emotion on his face, just staring as if saying "I just won King of the Ring, got a problem?". He just looks like he would break you in half if you touched him.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Regal is so fucking great. Like seriously, if were in charge, I'd have him abuse his power at Backlash. Have him book the winner of the Fatal Four Way against him in the main event of the evening. Regal then beats whoever he faces with the Regal Stretch to become only the fourth true WWE Grand Slam Champion. The only question is who he beats. It would make sense for it to be a face he beats, with them being a transitional champion. Triple H likes Regal, and is probably the guy behind his push (the best thing Triple H has done in ages), and it would make a delicious storyline for Triple H to make it to #12, but to have it robbed from him again.

John Cena is not on my list of favourite performers, but a few matches with Regal would really help him grow as a wrestler. It certainly wouldn't make him worse. Cena has a new movie coming out, and is a guy the WWE wants to main event, so adding another (albeit very short) title reign to his resume, even if it's nothing but fluff, ultimately makes him look better.

William Regal should just be the WWE Champion. I would not be opposed to him just declaring himself WWE Champion to open Backlash, and have the Fatal Four Way designed to pick a #1 Contender for Regal to obliterate in the main event. He's William fucking Regal. He makes the rules, he can do whatever he wants.

Kane Knight
04-23-2008, 07:03 AM
You said it, no one else.

Untrue. But I'm coming to notice that's your MO. Lie and then back it up with more lies.

Afterlife
04-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Untrue. But I'm coming to notice that's your MO. Lie and then back it up with more lies.

Or, he was talking about this thread in particular. Hooray for context, and whatnot.

Kane Knight
04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Or, he was talking about this thread in particular. Hooray for context, and whatnot.

If we're talking context, you should probably read the thread a little closer. :)

Though since the circle jerk is surely about to begin, I'll instead bid you adieu and let you and Noid enjoy the taste of each others' semen.

Afterlife
04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
So, instead of clarifying what you meant in response to his comment, you attack his reputation as an honest man. Yeah...that makes you look superior.

Afterlife
04-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Really, how hard is it to say "No, I was being sarcastic."? Doesn't seem too difficult. And yet, you prefer to instigate hard feelings. I just don't see the productivity.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM

Yeah, and you continue to just accuse me of lying instead of making a case? Firstly, I am an honest person. You don't know me at all, do not know of what I am aware (no offence, man, but I hardly ever read half the posts where you "provide facts," so don't assume that when you say something, the world knows it) and it's obvious you don't know how to read context.

No one in here has said "CM Punk should be undefeated," in such a black and white tone. When you do interpret it as such, you are often taking things way out of context. If you're referring to the past, then CM Punk should not have jobbed to Hardcore Holly back in 2006 (fuck, that was ages ago), and he shouldn't have been the first elimination from the Elimination Chamber at December to Dismember. Voicing dissatisfaction with such is not the same as saying "Punk should unify the titles" in a serious manner.

So follow your alleged "things dumb people do" list for a change, and take note of how to avoid falling into those traps.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
So, instead of clarifying what you meant in response to his comment, you attack his reputation as an honest man. Yeah...that makes you look superior.

KK doesn't know what he means half the time. He argues for the sake of arguing because his life is so empty.

See, anyone can play that game, KK.

Pardeep 619
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
How the fuck is Regal an inactive wrestler?? Granted he isn't booked to wrestle on PPV's and his character deals with booking matches and isn't in high profile feuds, but he still wrestles on Raw quite often.

Afterlife
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Noid: He's got you locked in as an enemy. Any further attempts made to joke and/or be friendly with him will be treated as calls to arms. Argue with him when he's wrong, but otherwise let him be. If you try to interact with him in a civil manner, he will suck you into misery.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
How the fuck is Regal an inactive wrestler?? Granted he isn't booked to wrestle on PPV's and his character deals with booking matches and isn't in high profile feuds, but he still wrestles on Raw quite often.

I get what you mean, but at the same time, I can see where others are coming from. As General Manager, in storylines, Regal is not a wrestler primarily. However, I think people are overlooking the evolution this character is bound to take.

If Regal never steps into the ring again, then I might agree with it being a waste.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Noid: He's got you locked in as an enemy. Any further attempts made to joke and/or be friendly with him will be treated as calls to arms. Argue with him when he's wrong, but otherwise let him be. If you try to interact with him in a civil manner, he will suck you into misery.

Oh, no doubt about it. Well, he'll try to suck me into misery. I prefer to be sucked into misery by guys who actually matter, though. Arguing with KK when he's wrong is even pointless, because then he just makes up the rules as he goes.

Now wait for him to accuse me of lying, or accuse us of playing victims because we feel singled out like we're observing his behaviour exclusively to us, and not to people in general.

Ah well.

Afterlife
04-24-2008, 03:39 AM
I know, I know. But you seem especially susceptible to his whims. I hate to see you distracted over a waste of time like him.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Haha, thank you for your concern, Afterlife. :kiss:

The Mackem
04-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Do you guys have to constantly argue in every wrestling thread?

Anyway hope this leads to even better things for Regal.

Afterlife
04-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Haha, thank you for your concern, Afterlife. :kiss:

Now, now; don't gimme kisses unless you reeeeally mean it. ;)

Afterlife
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Do you guys have to constantly argue in every wrestling thread?

Anyway hope this leads to even better things for Regal.

1. Yes, but I'd hope not.

2. 1, vice versa.

addy2hotty
04-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm more interested in the fact that Punk got outpopped by everyone he faced. Hardly the super-face they really want. He beats Hardy and Jericho, two big faces and still gets silence on his entrance to the final and the HEEL gets cheers when he wins.

Plus, I really enjoyed Raw this week, but I was on holiday in the States so that maybe why.

Finally, Regal was beyond awesome this week. The best I've ever seen from him. IMO.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm more interested in the fact that Punk got outpopped by everyone he faced. Hardly the super-face they really want. He beats Hardy and Jericho, two big faces and still gets silence on his entrance to the final and the HEEL gets cheers when he wins.

Plus, I really enjoyed Raw this week, but I was on holiday in the States so that maybe why.

Finally, Regal was beyond awesome this week. The best I've ever seen from him. IMO.

The WWE were in the south. Not exactly Punk's preferred locale. But hang on, should we be debating whether or not Punk actually got out-popped? You know, seeing as some people around here can't seem to accept when it happens in reverse?

Seriously, though, Regal was awesome. His hair alone makes him the coolest wrestler working for the company. I don't think I'd go as far as to call it the best I've seen from him, but it was certainly great to see Regal sitting on the throne like a rabid dog. Especially considering he is still technically the boss.

Regal should be WWE Champion.

Afterlife
04-28-2008, 12:18 AM
I also thought it was noteworthy that he defeated all of his opponents with the same finish.

TerranRich
04-28-2008, 03:02 AM
Noid, you're a liar. That's your MO. My MO is staying glued to TPWW for hours on end and never jobbing to the bath tub or shower.

St. Jimmy
04-28-2008, 03:09 AM
How long til Regal gets Buried by Triple H? START COUNT... NOW.

The Optimist
04-28-2008, 07:17 AM
I also thought it was noteworthy that he defeated all of his opponents with the same finish.
You mean, his signature move? Did I miss how that's noteworthy? And even at that, one was on a midget and the Finlay finish was more sick looking than the Punk finish.

Skull316
04-28-2008, 08:58 AM
How long til Regal gets Buried by Triple H? START COUNT... NOW.

Well, he IS the king of kings :D

Afterlife
04-28-2008, 11:52 AM
You mean, his signature move? Did I miss how that's noteworthy? And even at that, one was on a midget and the Finlay finish was more sick looking than the Punk finish.

For people to be griping that he's inactive and worthless, I think it bears poiting out that he used one of his most notorious holds in eliminating all three of his opponents. No roll-ups, no tight grabs, no brass knucks, no ref bumps; clean, heelish victories via the same finish, thrice in one night. If you don't think that's the beginning of something to watch for, then yes, you did miss how that's noteworthy.

TerranRich
04-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Knowing WWE, nothing noteworthy will come of that fact, Afterlife. :(

Afterlife
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I just noticed this post. Name Rep as soon as I can. :y:

TerranRich
05-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Afterlife, Afterlife,
I just got rep for life

\o/

TerranRich
05-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey, your name and the word "life" rhyme. Huh huh.