PDA

View Full Version : HUSH

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 01:05 AM
OMGZ

I love this comic. Seriously everything in it is amazing. Batman at his best I think.

I repeat OMGz

Lock Jaw
04-22-2008, 01:07 AM
I didn't think that story was all too special, personally.

DaveWadding
04-22-2008, 03:10 AM
na nanana nanana nananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

U-Warrior
04-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Artwork is awesome.

Story is alright.

They kinda ruined it afterwards, by saying it really was jason todd, and that he switched places with clayface. Like they couldn't decide whether to actually bring him back at first.

Nowhere Man
04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I do enjoy Hush, but personally, I think The Long Halloween was Loeb's best Batman story.

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok so I don't want to start a new thread but umm random comic book question: so Superman and lois lane's son.. what's the story with that?

Also name some of your favorites that I should read.. keep it to a maximum of 5 but don't name one anyone else has named, this way I can pick them all up quicker.

Lock Jaw
04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Clark and Lois now have a foster son in the comics. He is known as Chris Kent. He is in fact the son of General Zod and Ursa, born in the Phantom Zone, and later escaped from the Phantom Zone. He has all the powers and crap, but now has a special watch made by Batman that takes away his powers when he wears it, so he can learn what its like to be human.

Incidentally, Batman now has two sons, one being the third Robin (legally adopted now), and the other being Damian (whose mother is Talia Al Ghul).

The Flash also has twins known as Iris and Jai who are genetically unstable and have superpowers as well.

DC is going through a phase of giving everybody young offspring.

U-Warrior
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
And they all suck, except for damian.

Boondock Saint
04-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Ok so I don't want to start a new thread but umm random comic book question: so Superman and lois lane's son.. what's the story with that?

Also name some of your favorites that I should read.. keep it to a maximum of 5 but don't name one anyone else has named, this way I can pick them all up quicker.

Batman specifically?

Good Ol JG
04-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I fuckin love Hush! You can't go wrong with Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee.

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
not just batman specifically anything really. I tried posting this earlier somethings up with my broser

Lock Jaw
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
And they all suck, except for damian.

I'd actually say Damian sucks the most out of them.

Rammsteinmad
04-23-2008, 03:10 AM
It was okay. The art work is vintage Jim Lee, but the story seems a bit packed at times.

For Batman, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with "War Games".

U-Warrior
04-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Yesssssss

Black Mask is the goods.

Indifferent Clox
04-24-2008, 02:02 AM
will check out war games thanks.

Long halloween omg yes.

Indifferent Clox
04-24-2008, 02:03 AM
are war crimes and war drums as good?

U-Warrior
04-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Best to get all three.

Rammsteinmad
04-24-2008, 03:05 AM
I dunno what War Drums is? Unless it's part of War Games?

But War Games is pound-for-pound one of the greatest comic storylines I've ever read. I pretty much read through it all in one go as I was totally hooked, and it was an awesome thrill ride from beginning to end.

:y:

Nowhere Man
04-24-2008, 04:23 AM

Superman: Birthright (my favorite version of the Superman origin)
Batman: The Killing Joke (2-in-1 with Joker's origin and one of his best showdowns with Batman)
Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals (pretty much the only good WW story)
Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War (awesome arc that puts together just about all of DC's cosmic stuff)
Kingdom Come (the single best series DC has ever released)

And as for non-DC or Marvel, you can't go wrong with Invincible. For my money it's the most fun comic out there today.

U-Warrior
04-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Superman:
Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War (awesome arc that puts together just about all of DC's cosmic stuff)
Kingdom Come (the single best series DC has ever released)

Dead-on with kingdom come. But make sure you read Green Lantern: Rebirth, before Sinestro Corps.

Indifferent Clox
04-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Sweet.

my top 5 I guess

Y: the Last Man
Wanted
Fables
Preacher
100 bullets