PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho's book

Rob
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah it's better than Mick Foley's and Bret Hart's. Best wrestling book ever and I'm saying this and I'm only about half way through. Never laughed so much at a book in my life.

Londoner
04-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Cool,do you know where i can get it from here in the UK? Or did you get it online?

Evil Vito
04-23-2008, 11:30 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I agree 100%, same exact thing. The book has me in stitches I'm only about halfway through and I find myself trying to squeeze a chapter in whenever I'm not bogged down with school reading/essays.</font>

Rob
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Cool,do you know where i can get it from here in the UK? Or did you get it online?

I got his book and Bret's for about £17 all in from Amazon.ca before Xmas. God bless the shitty North American exchange rates. Oh and this was including like a 3 day delivery from fucking CANADA :D

SammyG
04-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree, it is an amazing read.

Jeritron
04-23-2008, 11:42 AM
read this back in the winter. fuckin amazing

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I've heard good things about it. I never pick up wrestling books, but it's Chris fucking Jericho. He's got another one coming out, doesn't he?

Can someone give me a little taste of what it's like?

Jeritron
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Its an autobiography that starts with a little about his adolescent years and then his first 10 or so years, from training, all around the world, and finally to ecw,wcw and his signing with the WWF. It ends when he debuts on Raw.

But mostly it tells a story that is remarkable. Way more impressive and eventful than Foley's or anyone elses that's written a book. I never had any idea how unreal his journey was, and naturally it's very well told and filled with plenty of rofl moments and comments.
Lots of interesting stuff too.

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Jericho strikes me as a guy who has plenty of stories to tell, given how far across the world he's been, and the companies he's worked for.

Jeritron
I read there's going to be a sequel, coming out next year I believe, which will naturally focus on his WWF career. Probably his first run, his time off, and his recent return. Won't be as great as the first, but it should be interesting and given his talent as a storyteller it should be great

Jeritron
Jericho strikes me as a guy who has plenty of stories to tell, given how far across the world he's been, and the companies he's worked for.

He's got plenty of stories. I particularly enjoyed the portion about his time in Mexico

Jeritron
04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
From what I remember he talks about his time spent in stampede in canada, smokey mountain, mexico, germany, japan and then back to America for ECW. The WCW portion was really interesting

Mr. Nerfect
04-23-2008, 12:18 PM
He's got plenty of stories. I particularly enjoyed the portion about his time in Mexico

That's a part of his career I knew existed, but was probably least interested in from a wrestling standpoint. However, from a reading standpoint, I'm sure it would naturally lend itself to some hilarious stories.

Jeritron
04-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I guess Vampiro thought he was a big shot in Mexico

BigDaddyCool
04-23-2008, 01:03 PM
I have been thinking about getting it. I would have gotten it when it first came out, but I got Batista's book. I still stand by that choice. Batista's book is the best wrestling book ever.

Innovator
04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I find myself re-reading Jericho's book sometimes, great book.

I loved the part about him losing his virginity in 20 seconds and the girl laughing and patting him on the back

NeanderCarl
04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
I read A Lion's Tale: Around The World In Spandex all in about a day and a half. Very good, but not as detailed or exhaustive as Foley's. Definitely a recommended read, but to me it's still second fiddle to Mick's first book. Haven't read Bret's yet, so can't compare.

I think one of the shortfalls compared to Mick's book is that he mainly only documents events that took place around the world and in small indy promotions. I know Foley has that element too, but he also greatly documented his WCW days and WWF days, which means he told you the backstage elements of moments and events you saw unfold on your TV screen. As you read the book, you knew what he was talking about.

Jericho doesn't go into as much detail about WCW as I thought he would, and as amusing and entertaining as his tales are, it's not the definitive companion to his career like Mick's autobiography is, as a lot of the book discusses events that even an avid tape-trading wrestling fan would not have ever seen.

Not knocking it, great book, just saying why I don't believe it's quite as good as Have A Nice Day.

If Jericho keeps his amiable writing style and is honest and extensive in the sequel which discusses his original WWE run (and hopefully he will fill in some of the blanks from his WCW run too) then the upcoming sequel Undisputed Attitude may well be a rival to Foley's.

Dorkchop
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Jericho's book is more about the story/journey making to the WWF than anything else. I was a little disappointed when I got to the end of the book, but looking back it made perfect sense why it ended where it did (at that point in his career). It's the second best wrestling biography I've read (Foley's first one is still the greatest).

Hopefully he'll write another book when his wrestling days are over. I'm sure he has near limitless stories working for WWE.

NeanderCarl
04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
He's already signed a deal for a sequel picking up from his debut night in WWE, through then either to present day or to the 'You're Fired' match against John Cena.

Indifferent Clox
04-24-2008, 01:57 AM
I'm gonna try to find an audio version. If it's read by Jericho I'll link it here.

NeanderCarl
04-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Yeah, good luck with that. :roll:

Jeritron
04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
He talks about WCW and ECW plenty

Rob
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I have been thinking about getting it. I would have gotten it when it first came out, but I got Batista's book. I still stand by that choice. Batista's book is the best wrestling book ever.

Did it come with crayons?

Tornado
04-24-2008, 12:33 PM
My copy is missing like, 5 chapters in the second half. Really should get round to returning it.

Y2Ant
04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I got his book and Bret's for about £17 all in from Amazon.ca before Xmas. God bless the shitty North American exchange rates. Oh and this was including like a 3 day delivery from fucking CANADA :D

Did the exact same thing myself :cool:

Pardeep 619
04-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I bought Jericho's book for £9.99 off play.com. Still not read it though...

Disturbed316
04-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Same here. Got Wrestlecrap: The Lists aswell for stupidly cheap money.

Zen v.W.o.
04-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Nah, Brets book was better. Better written, his career was far more interesting and he had way more to fall back upon. Jericho is like a little comedian but besides that, he and his book werent as intriguing.

Also, Canada loves Hart more than Jericho.

CSL
04-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I bought Jericho's book for £9.99 off play.com. Still not read it though...