PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody here played Arcana Heart?

My Final Heaven
04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
The other day I went to the Gamestop, and saw this game sitting on the shelf. I was feeling froggy, so I put down $30. All I can say is WOW. It's a 2d fighter, so I guess the closest approximation to it would be Guilty Gear, but there's a lot more to it than that. First you pick your little schoolgirl looking chick, then you pick what Arcana to use. The Arcana is kind of like her alignment, Like the -Isms in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Different ones give you completely different supers, but you also get an "Arcana Force" ability, which adds stuff like Poison to your attacks, health regeneration, and stopping the round timer. This is one of the most perfectly balanced fighters I've played too, there aren't any scrub characters that you can pick and just bash everybody. Well, is there anybody on here that's picked up this little gem?

Funky, I am looking in your direction. I know that you have an appreciation for old-school brawling :D

Funky Fly
04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Never heard of it. Sounds interesting, especially if it's really balanced. But the school girl ish... I dunno.

Ok, so after a quick stroll through wikipedia, it seems like this game came out just a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably end up getting it, but I guess it's gonna have a screwed nonsensical up story like any half-decent 2d fighter from Japan.

Taft
05-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Which console?

U-Warrior
05-01-2008, 02:49 AM
I'll probably end up getting it, but I guess it's gonna have a screwed nonsensical up story like any half-decent 2d fighter from Japan.

Like ANY fighter from Japan.

Funky Fly
05-01-2008, 04:36 AM
PS2

Kalyx triaD
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Played it a week ago. Very odd game, but the stages are huge. You don't get the scope until you do one of those super aerial raves.