PDA

View Full Version : HAHAHAAHA @ TNA rating

KingofOldSchool
05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Gerweck:

TNA Impact on Thursday night scored a 0.9 cable rating, with 1.2 million viewers. I will be posting the quarter hour break downs shortly.
-----------

:lol:

Kane Knight
05-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't get why it's so funny.

KingofOldSchool
05-09-2008, 08:47 PM

Come on, with ECW's rating this week being a 1.1, they could have easily tied them so Kurt can claim "YAY we beat WWE in the ratings, we are gaining ground!"

And not to mention how they try to push these "new and innovative" matches on the viewers almost on a weekly basis expecting fans to flock to them.

Kane Knight
05-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Come on, with ECW's rating this week being a 1.1, they could have easily tied them so Kurt can claim "YAY we beat WWE in the ratings, we are gaining ground!"

And not to mention how they try to push these "new and innovative" matches on the viewers almost on a weekly basis expecting fans to flock to them.

I didn't know the ECW rating. To be honest, I don't pay attention to the ones I can't verify from NMR. How many viewers did it attract?

Indifferent Clox
05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
well it was the 100th episode

Suicidal Icon
05-09-2008, 09:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH etc.

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't think it's funny. More sad. TNA should be growing a lot more than they have been. So much talent in that promotion, and so much potential. All stunted because of Russonomics.

James Steele
05-09-2008, 10:14 PM
WOW.

Was this the Soma Joe/Kurt Analgesics rematch for the TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE IMPACT ZONE UNIVERSE (al) STUDIOS IN ORLANDO FLORIDA!?!?!?!

James Steele
05-09-2008, 10:15 PM
:lol:

I wonder if the name "Kurt Analgesics" will get over like Soma Joe...

Lux
05-10-2008, 01:05 AM

Because TNA sucks...

El Fangel
05-10-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't think it's funny. More sad. TNA should be growing a lot more than they have been. So much under-used talent in that promotion, and so much potential. All stunted because of WWE Throw-aways.

Slow
05-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Well TNA could be so much better if they just gave into temptation and gave Nash the title. All would be right in the world of wrestling.

Seriously, Joe just doesn't have what it takes to carry a promotion in its attempts to find a boom period. Nor does Kurt. Big name, but just doesn't have that charisma to have people like him whatever he does.

The best thing they can do is push James Storm to the top as the loveable rogue type. Putting him with Roode isn't helping.

Christian Cage is always a solid safe option

KingofOldSchool
05-10-2008, 05:35 AM
I didn't know the ECW rating. To be honest, I don't pay attention to the ones I can't verify from NMR. How many viewers did it attract?

ECW got a 1.1 which is right in line with the normal TNA viewership. TNA has generally gotten consistent ratings, I don't think they've gotten that low of a rating since their days in the 11pm time slot.

KingofKings
05-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Its a shame TNA isnt progressing more, personally i think people believe WWE is the only wrestling promotion that is worth watching, but IMO WWE programmes are no better than TNA ones, its just the fact that WWE hass all the superstars that everyone has heard of and have been around for a long time. TNA, bare some, doesnt have this.

I wish TNA could make a rival to WWE like WCW did, would be better for the whole of the wrestling industry!

Kane Knight
05-10-2008, 07:11 AM
ECW got a 1.1 which is right in line with the normal TNA viewership. TNA has generally gotten consistent ratings, I don't think they've gotten that low of a rating since their days in the 11pm time slot.

Except you're missing a crucial element. TNA's viewership didn't change; its share of the viewership on that night did. And since WWECW and TNAsshat are on different nights, simply that they drew a 1.1 doesn't mean they had more viewers, which is what I'd asked. Also, while it is a dip in ratings, their viewership is still stable, since 1.2 million fans is about what they draw on any given night.

Hanso Amore
05-10-2008, 02:05 PM
There are many ways to grow other than their TV shows ratings.

I would like to see how their PPV buyrates have been doing, as well as house shows. Having 1.2 million viewers isnt much, but if they increase the numbers of them who buy merchandise/tickets/PPVs, that is growth.

They are honestly on a shitty channel with little to no advertising in other mediums.

They are making money now though, and running house shows. They are doing pretty well.

FOr most of the 90s WCW was doing far worse than TNA, even the WWF was in worse condition.

TNA is actually doing it the right way, slowly growing, starting to make money and build up. It might take longer, but WCW blew up overnight, and died in the long run. If they can slowly grow it might help them build for a better future.

I think TNA is just a little bit of advertising/promo work/synergy away from increasing ratings. I think that when their Game comes out it will bring in some new viewers, they just need to find a way to keep them.

A morning weekend B show could also help. Just put a little more out there, do some recaps, get some low card guys over, and keep fans who miss Impact in the loop.

Hanso Amore
05-10-2008, 02:07 PM
tHURSDAY is also a horrible night to be on TV. There are so many tops shows that night, the Networks own Thursday.

Monday and Tuesday are more open, even wednesday.

But to contend with Scrubs/Office/Lost/Greys anatomy etc is rough.

McLegend
05-10-2008, 02:14 PM
TNA does anywhere from .9-1.2 on a consistent bases no matter what they have on their show.

So it's stupid to put some potential money making match on impact.

Kane Knight
05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
tHURSDAY is also a horrible night to be on TV. There are so many tops shows that night, the Networks own Thursday.

Monday and Tuesday are more open, even wednesday.

But to contend with Scrubs/Office/Lost/Greys anatomy etc is rough.

As opposed to Monday Night, which has Raw, House, Heroes (When it's on), etc. Or Tuesday with NCIS and American Idol...Hell, Half the Top Ten are on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. So no.

The One
05-10-2008, 03:55 PM
This is nobody's fault but TNA. They have the talent, they have establishes stars, they have young bucks who are ready to become the future, they have guys who could be huge right now...and people are aware of TNA. Talk to any wrestling fan, $10 says that they've all tried to watch TNA more than once. It's a problem with the company being so damn lazy about writing and figuring out what to do with their talent pool.

The fact that every 2 weeks they feel the need to invent a new gimmick match doesn't help, add on that the gimmick matches are usually more confusing than WCW's noodle scratchers and it's asking for people to say "Fuck this."

Still, TNA gets my support for no other reason than I feel like there are a lot of guys in TNA who still bust their ass to put on decent matches regardless of how fucked up the company on a whole is.

James Steele
05-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Damn it. I was hoping the nickname "Kurt Analgesics" was going to catch on. :'(

Kane Knight
05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Too clever of a wrestling crowd. "Kurt Anal," on the otherhand...

KingofOldSchool
05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Still, TNA gets my support for no other reason than I feel like there are a lot of guys in TNA who still bust their ass to put on decent matches regardless of how fucked up the company on a whole is.

And two of those guys are getting jobbed out because one of them does not blade.

Kane Knight
05-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Not to mention, you can say that about WWE.

The One
05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
And two of those guys are getting jobbed out because one of them does not blade.

I know, what the fuck is with them dragging the MCMG down in the dirt?! Their most popular team, probably one of the best merch shovelers in the entire promotion, INCREDIBLE in ring ability, very strong worldwide fanbase, and because they don't want to blade against 3D they get shit dumped on them. I am furious over the way they've treated those two.

By the way, a Christian Cage/Alex Shelley feud is like a dream match up. The other week when MCMG took on Cage and Rhino and Shelley started out with Christian was AMAZING!

The One
05-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Not to mention, you can say that about WWE.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but who in WWE consistently puts forth a strong effort in every match? Elijah Burke is probably their hardest worker in my opinion...

Slow
05-11-2008, 03:15 PM
TNA does kind of be too truthful/realistic at times, bringing up backdstage stuff that WWE wouldn't. Maybe its just me, but i like the whole over the top fakeness that wrestling is.

I can imagine TNA having the Undertaker character (pretend biker-taker didn't happen) and then having mike tenay say how the deadman likes to ride motorcycles and is an entrepenuer. It may be true, but ruins the character. Everything in wrestling should be kayfabe? I'm not sure i explained that well, but hopefully you get the idea

The One
05-11-2008, 03:18 PM
It's the whole Vince Russo hard on for "Cross The Line." The direction they're taking is to try and blur the line between real and fake. It's also why they don't have set in stone heels and faces...

Other than Sting, E.Y., Roode and Storm, everyone else is kind of fudgeable depending on who they're facing.