PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its just me but I think Joey Mercury wouldve been the 'HBK' of MNM...

Johnny Vegas
05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I just watched a couple of matches/segments involving MNM and I think Mercury had more charisma and just had ''it'' more than Nitro. I think nitro got picked either bc of his looks or he's been with the company longer.I still say Nitro should be playing a young, college-grad, humurous, jock type guy who like wears college sports attire that rivals where the shows are (BC at a Michigan city). I'm just not buying his persona right now..Mercury's charisma just made me like him better.I guess its too late now.

Theo Dious
05-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't see it. Nitro has a connection with the fans. Mercury doesn't play as well to the crowd, plus he looks like he suffers from some mental disability or another.

The One
05-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Melina's tits and the fact that she could do the splits is about the only thing from MNM that connected with the fans.

Theo Dious
05-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Do we at least agree that Mercury is butt-ugly?

Johnny Vegas
05-10-2008, 06:19 PM
lol @ connection with fans. Only connections are fans and his paycheck

HeartBreakMan2k
05-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Nitro was picked because Joey has a hardcore drug problem from what i remember.

The Genius
05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
i always preferred mercury to nitro too. damn shame he had his problems and was released.

KingofOldSchool
05-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Nitro was picked because Joey has a hardcore drug problem from what i remember.

And they also need one Tough Enough guy to succeed.

Porcupine
05-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I dunno, I liked Nitro better out of the two since day one that the tag team is formed. Mercury was blah to me.

GD
05-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Nah, I beg to differ. Both are amazing talents. Mercury was responsible for his acts and suffered. BTW, hope vince still believes in 2nd chances.

BigDaddyCool
05-11-2008, 09:59 AM
I completely disagree. Nitro's abs were the HBK of MNM

NeanderCarl
05-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Mercury is, in so many senses, the Jannetty of that group.

NeanderCarl
05-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Anyway, if Mercury can get cleaned up, I'm sure WWE will have him back for a ready made babyface run against Morrison down the line. Maybe when Morrison is in possesion of the Intercontinental or United States championship.

Maybe he can even jump out of the crowd and smash a mirror over The Miz's head.

Mooияakeя™
05-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Nitro is good for WWE. Dunno wtf to think of Mercury. Get rid of the drugglets and then see what ya got to offer. Whether Vincoi will give him a chance is well, questionable.

Rob
05-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Mercury is too small anyway. Nitro has insane star potential.

The Optimist
05-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Mercury is, in so many senses, the Jannetty of that group.

The Optimist
05-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Man, a match between Johnny Nitorisson and Jushin Thunder Liger would rule.

Theo Dious
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Man, a match between Johnny Nitorisson and Jushin Thunder Liger would rule.

Stop making up fake wrestlers for Morrison to wrestle. :shifty:

Theo Dious
05-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Additionally, Johnny Nitroson would have sounded cooler.

Theo Dious
05-11-2008, 08:42 PM
And I'd like to see a Morrison/either Hardy feud. I know he went against Jeff, but that was just "you have IC title, I want IC title." I'd like to see some psychology go into it. If nothing else than "I'm John Morrison, a sharp, handsome fellow with the admiration of respectable folk, you're Jeff Hardy, who is a total freak with fruit-loop looking hair who doesn't deserve the admiration of the fans."

Hardy/Morrison for the ECW title would be awesome.

The One
05-11-2008, 10:06 PM
I'll give Morrison this much, I thought he was a complete waste, clear up to his ECW Title reign. During the reign he won me over enough to say that I wasn't upset he was holding the belt. Now, to be fair I hold the ECW belt in more or less the same light I use to hold the European Championship, but still...I guess he's good enough for me to enjoy him as an undercard worker.

Mercury could have more potential, I remember back when he was teaming with some York guy on the indies and there was a minor buzz about them, but, whatever. Another lost "could have be" amoung the other thousands.

Hanso Amore
05-11-2008, 10:13 PM
had Morrison vs punk ECW Title feud been for like the US title, it would have been tits.

I think he really came around as champ, but lost steam due to suspension the cut and run title drop. Not much has been good since he was back.

he alwaso suffered because he just appeared and became ECW Champ.....We all know why, but its hard to pull something like that off, and they failed, add in a random name change, and its amazing he was over at all (the little he was)

mercury was goods. I loved him back in old ECW with York.

Had Nitro never hit it big singles while he was in rehab, I think he would still be around. But he came back, got his face fucked up, and was just kind of an extra since Nitro was the only mid card heel on raw. So he got lost in the shuffle.

bring him back as a face, go After Morrison for leaving him during his hard times with a smashed face, and we have something.

BigDaddyCool
05-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm fairly sure that in a match, Mercury would jump through a window like a coward to escape Nitro.

Crossrine
05-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm fairly sure that in a match, Mercury would jump through a window like a coward to escape Nitro.

Highly doubt that, back in his ECW days he took a shit load of nasty bumps and spots against some of the biggest guys they had.

NeanderCarl
05-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Way to miss the Jannetty reference, Crossrine.