PDA

View Full Version : Things you mark out for but keep to yourself.

D Mac
05-11-2008, 05:11 AM
Until now.

Virgil winning the Million Dollar Belt at Summerslam. Every time I watch that a tear rolls down my eye.

Juan
05-11-2008, 05:23 AM
The Ultimate Warrior returning at WM12.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WpbH_sJ25kQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WpbH_sJ25kQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBBIYsJeKA&NR=1

Mooияakeя™
05-11-2008, 06:38 AM
lol. I mark out for Warrior's promos, but I have to admit, stemming from childhood as soon as Warrior's music hits it still gives me goosebumps now.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELC0vAbBVvI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELC0vAbBVvI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It's so pathetic how Hogan can "barely" scoop slam Sid, though it's done day in day out now. Yeah the crowd are nuts for it. Then the Warrior's music hits!

Mooияakeя™
05-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Loads from the old days.

But to answer the post modern wise... these days not much! - Probably big spots (what else is there to???) - ummmm. really trying to think here. Oh jeez, I dunno.

Dorkchop
05-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I think I heard that Papa Shango was really late getting to the ring and that's why Harvey Whippleman got in the ring.

NeanderCarl
05-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, the finish was Papa Shango interfering and breaking up the pinfall after the legdrop. Because Shango was given his cue too late, Sid had to kick out (could have been a mini-screwjob aimed at Hogan, though... remember Sid was the guy who was supposed to be sticking around, whereas Hogan was leaving for an indefinite amount of time. McMahon didn't want Sid looking weak as the company was to be built around him and Warrior from this point forward, so maybe Shango's "mistimed cue" was purposeful?)

NeanderCarl
05-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Why does every thread with "shit" in the title lead to a discussion about Sid?

Xero
05-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Even more ironic, look who started the topic.

Mr. "He Didn't Release The Bowels" himself.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't keep my mark outs to myself about anything, so I'm not really sure I get the question.

Slow
05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I just plain marked out anytime i heard Raven's music hit. Awesome wrestler, awesome themesong(s)

The One
05-11-2008, 03:22 PM
My most "embarrassing" mark out is for Waltman. Which I'm not really all that embarrassed about.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2008, 03:52 PM
During Edge and Lita's wedding when Matt Hardy's music hit, I went apeshit, not gonna lie.

D Mac
05-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Even more ironic, look who started the topic.

Mr. "He Didn't Release The Bowels" himself.

:mad: This had nothing to do with Sid in mind. :foc:

D Mac
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
THERE

thedamndest
05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Man, a Sid/Warrior feud would have been epic.

James Steele
05-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Steve Blackman returning at the RAW XV show.

DarKCentaur
05-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I wish Blackman would come back.

Theo Dious
05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
My most "embarrassing" mark out is for Waltman. Which I'm not really all that embarrassed about.

Honestly, the only time I really marked out for Waltman was when he returned to attack Hogan during the WWE nWo run. Mostly because I though that the nWo angle was losing steam with Hogan gone, and it seemed like Pac's arrival meant that they might be building to something as important as what it has been in WCW.

Boy was I wrong. :nono:

The One
05-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Man, they just dropped the nWo on it's head.

"Let's do a second invasion 4 months after the WCW Invasion from hell!"

"Great idea! But, let's build up Hogan as an ICON before we let them wrestle."

"Awesome booking man!"

Then of course Nash falling on a banana peel didn't help, Hall being a raging drunk is always rough, and Waltman could only draw me and like 2 other people in the world. I guess bringing back Michaels was kind of a good move, you know, until he didn't wrestle. Basically 2 or 3 months after the nWo showed up it was Pac, Show and Booker T as working stars.

Terrible.

:nono:

D Mac
05-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I wish Blackman would come back.

The One
05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I never understood the love people had for Blackman. To my knowledge his gimmick was that he was boring. Only unlike when Lance Storm did it, he actually was boring.

Kane Knight
05-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Considering I'm an admitted fan of Val Venis and Scotty 2 Hotty, I don't think there's much I could say I've kept secret.

D Mac
05-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I never understood the love people had for Blackman. To my knowledge his gimmick was that he was boring. Only unlike when Lance Storm did it, he actually was boring.

He just kicked ass.

The Optimist
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, when Lance was boring he was still Lance in the ring. When Blackman was boring he was Chuck Norris in the ring.

BigDaddyCool
05-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I would say boogen, but I hardly keep it to myself.

Theo Dious
05-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Man, they just dropped the nWo on it's head.

"Let's do a second invasion 4 months after the WCW Invasion from hell!"

"Great idea! But, let's build up Hogan as an ICON before we let them wrestle."

"Awesome booking man!"

Then of course Nash falling on a banana peel didn't help, Hall being a raging drunk is always rough, and Waltman could only draw me and like 2 other people in the world. I guess bringing back Michaels was kind of a good move, you know, until he didn't wrestle. Basically 2 or 3 months after the nWo showed up it was Pac, Show and Booker T as working stars.

Terrible.

:nono:

Probably divine intervention.

Imagine if you will a perfect conclusion to that angle. AKA, Hall stays sober and Nash stays uninjured. Basically, the nWo runs Hogan out of WWE (which would have happened, since Hogan did indeed leave by the end of the year.) Hall and Nash are joined by X-Pac, the Big Show, Booker T, and HBK. Even if you follow through on kicking out Booker, the "luring HHH" angle still plays, and the finally united Kliq proceeds to tear ass all over WWE. It ends up being the single greatest thing in all wrestling, anywhere, ever, to the point where, when it finally ends, nobody ever watches WWE again, and Vince McMahon ends up selling used cars in Massachusetts somewhere.

God knows that the total union of the Kliq as established main eventers would cause a rift in the wrestling universe that would destroy it, and since wrestling is the single factor that keeps the universe running, he can never allow that. And so he has to occasionally lash out at Nash's and HHH's quads, Hall's sobriety, and HBK's smile.

Theo Dious
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I would say boogen, but I hardly keep it to myself.

I'm pretty sure HE knows about it.

Gertner
05-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Sid's powerbomb on hogan during that match was worse

Kane Knight
05-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I agree with the Blackman fans. He pulled it off because he was brutal in the ring, and it was fucking awesome. He could have the personality of a carrot (and he damn near did), and I'd still love him.

Granted, he probably works best when paired with someone who could pull off personality. I loved "Head Cheese," And then the shit he pulled as Hardcore Champion when you had people trying to ambush him like previous champs.

NoRoolz
05-12-2008, 11:23 AM
When DX returned in 2006.

And I don't keep this to myself really but anything Elijah Burke does :love:

Kane Knight
05-12-2008, 11:39 AM
When DX returned in 2006.

And I don't keep this to myself really but anything Elijah Burke does :love:

I marked out for DX and lamented the return at the same time. I kept neither secret, though. I mean, DX was still the best thing getting TV time at that point, even if it was a watered-down, shitty DX-Lite. It's defnitely not a good thing when the best thing on TV is lame "Vince Likes Cocks" jokes.

NoRoolz
05-12-2008, 12:07 PM
I mean, DX was still the best thing getting TV time at that point, even if it was a watered-down, shitty DX-Lite. It's defnitely not a good thing when the best thing on TV is lame "Vince Likes Cocks" jokes.

Agree with that totally :y: