PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we will get a William Regal WWE Championship reign?

Mr. Nerfect
05-17-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm hoping yes. This heel push is awesome, Regal is awesome, his hair has more charisma than John Cena, and everything he touches becomes awesome. He ios definitely getting a massive push, but am I too hopeful thinking that it's possible Lord Regal will soon hold the WWE Championship?

Boondock Saint
05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
I'd like to see it. It'd be different.

Destor
05-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Gotta say no brother, but I have to point out I thought Jericho, Eddie and Benoit would NEVER hold a world championship. I would have put money on it, so I dunno. Can't see it happening though.

Impeccable
05-17-2008, 03:28 AM
Do I think he will...no.

Do we deserve to see it and does he deserve it? Hell yes.

Bad Company
05-17-2008, 03:58 AM
let's hope not.
I think people need to be realistic, regal is a mid carder, upper mid carder at best.

Indifferent Clox
05-17-2008, 04:36 AM
I think you need to be realistic and shut up.

Idk what.

The Optimist
05-17-2008, 05:13 AM
let's hope not.
I think people need to be realistic, regal is a mid carder, upper mid carder at best.Evidence?

Rob
05-17-2008, 05:35 AM
I think there is a very good chance he'll get a month or two with the world title.

Bad Company
05-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Evidence?
While he's tight in the ring, and has a great character, I just don't see him as the kind of guy to be the champion. I see him as the guy holding the mid card together. If you guys had your way Dean Malenko and Fit Finlay would be WWE Champs.

addy2hotty
05-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Could you imagine it though.

Regal stands in the ring the Raw after winning the title with the belt on his shoulder in his suit and says:-

'I am William Regal, your King Of The Ring, your General Manager and now, your WWE Champion'.

That'd be my mark out moment of all time, right there.

It won't happen though. Which is sad.

GD
05-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I would not mind Regal becoming a Brand Champion but then it would be Eddie Guerrero all over again.

RP
05-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Regal makes more sense being champion then CM Punk does. Thats for sure.

RP
05-17-2008, 08:08 AM
CM Punk is horrible. He's like RVD. Who was also horrible. His move set is based around kicks, knees, punches and forearms. Which are hard to sell without hurting someone , so he always looks like he's going real soft on his opponents. He looks like a turd. He's got a weird body shape. He couldnt keep Maria satisfied. Fuck this guy. Get rid of him. I hope Punk goes to TNA and sucks balls there.

BigDaddyCool
05-17-2008, 10:15 AM
RP has a point. It is called wrestling not kicking, CM Punk does way too much striking.

I wouldn't be surprised if Regal managed to get a 3 month reign. Regal is one of those guys that has been inserted into a number of main event feuds believably. I'm not counting on Regal becoming champion, but I could see it happening.

NeanderCarl
05-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Regal becoming champion is a more likely scenario today than Bradshaw becoming champion in 2004, yet look what happened.

BigDaddyCool
05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I would say besides the usual 6 or 7 guys in the mainevent (HHH, Cena, HBK, Orton, Undertaker, Batista, and Edge) Regal has the best chance of becoming a top level champion.

CM Punk - keeps losing and needs a nice streak before looking strong

Jericho - looks like crap and is unfocused

Jeff Hardy - needs to keep off drugs

Kennedy - suck

MVP - Seems a little to focused on the US title right now.

Finlay - not sure if he was ever an option.

thedamndest
05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
In terms of character, Regal is way past the upper mid-card. He's KOTR, General Manager, and arguably top heel on Raw right now. In terms of who he's beaten lately or ever, he's definitely got to make up some ground to get to championship level. That's sort of a comparison I would make with how it was with Bradshaw, he just kind of came from no where and Regal is a lot more substantial than Bradshaw so hopefully this is what this is leading to.

Hanso Amore
05-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I was about to say the same thing about bradshaw and Regal.

Regal is the new JBL

A guys reinvents himself and is a great stop gap main eventer.

If he starts to abuse his power to make himself champ, then this works.

I dont buy him as champ winning clean....but he can be the Evil GM/King/Champ that stacks the deck to keep himself on top, and eventually, when someone does beat him, it will be a big deal. Could work.

KingofKings
05-17-2008, 10:55 AM
This is the problem with the wwe though, i have seen some people saying that regal is a mid-carder at most nothing else so he can never win the title, this is the problem, everythin is too predictable!

Why could a mid-carder not hold the title for 2 months or so, hell it would be different than going into every ppv knowing either trips, cena or orton r gonna walk out the champion, this is why wrestling is gettin stale IMO, everyone knows the position of every wrestler and every1 knows only certain things are possible. I can remeber nitro going live for the first time, n eric bishcoff sayin 'anythin is possible', and it made wrestling great IMO. i wish we could see this again.

Rob
05-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Regal becoming champion is a more likely scenario today than Bradshaw becoming champion in 2004, yet look what happened.

Nah it wasn't. Vince McMahon was all the way behind the JBL character change since it somewhat looked like him. He doesn't like Regal's in ring work but Triple-H loves it so who knows.

Rammsteinmad
05-17-2008, 12:44 PM
This is the problem with the wwe though, i have seen some people saying that regal is a mid-carder at most nothing else so he can never win the title, this is the problem, everythin is too predictable!

Why could a mid-carder not hold the title for 2 months or so, hell it would be different than going into every ppv knowing either trips, cena or orton r gonna walk out the champion, this is why wrestling is gettin stale IMO, everyone knows the position of every wrestler and every1 knows only certain things are possible. I can remeber nitro going live for the first time, n eric bishcoff sayin 'anythin is possible', and it made wrestling great IMO. i wish we could see this again.

:y:

NeanderCarl
05-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Regal's in ring work is absolutely out of place in the WWE but so what? It furthers a storyline, and Regal as the power crazed champion gone slightly mad stacking the deck in his own favour to retain his title could get him Honky Tonk heat, would make interesting TV and lead to an interesting title chase for a babyface champion over the summer (probably Trips or Cena, but who knows? Maybe even Punk or Jericho... or HBK. The man to unseat Regal could even become an instant babyface hit, like Warrior in 1988)

Porcupine
05-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I hope so. If JBL did it, Regal can and SHOULD do it. And it has potential to be 10x better. Regal rules.

Vastardikai
05-17-2008, 06:26 PM
I've been saying it since RVD won the WWE Title:

Regal is the best wrestler on the current WWE Roster NEVER to have held a top title.

Kane Knight
05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
I'd actually like to see it, but I'm not sure it'd be a good idea for WWE to do it.

The Optimist
05-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Hm. The point about JBL got me thinking. (I know, shocker.) What they might do is give Regal the suspected four or five month title reign job him to a face, who'll then get mad pops. Then ship him to Smackdown to a very competent heel in the main event off and on.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2008, 04:26 AM
While he's tight in the ring, and has a great character, I just don't see him as the kind of guy to be the champion. I see him as the guy holding the mid card together. If you guys had your way Dean Malenko and Fit Finlay would be WWE Champs.

So because you don't see it, it isn't realistic?

William Regal is, top to bottom, one of the best performers in the WWE right now. He's great on the mic, great in the ring, a great character and he's over. Also, I could make a case for Finlay to be World Champion. Dean Malenko would be a stretch, but there is no reason he couldn't have done it, luck provided.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2008, 04:30 AM
Could you imagine it though.

Regal stands in the ring the Raw after winning the title with the belt on his shoulder in his suit and says:-

'I am William Regal, your King Of The Ring, your General Manager and now, your WWE Champion'.

That'd be my mark out moment of all time, right there.

It won't happen though. Which is sad.

Then William Regal fires the entire RAW roster, and hosts a "Best of William Regal" two-hour broadcast in place of RAW. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2008, 04:33 AM
Nah it wasn't. Vince McMahon was all the way behind the JBL character change since it somewhat looked like him. He doesn't like Regal's in ring work but Triple-H loves it so who knows.

Triple H lobbying for Regal to get a singles push is by far the best thing he has done recently. I think he might actually respect Regal enough to drop the WWE Title to him, too. Here's hoping.

Kane Knight
05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
So because you don't see it, it isn't realistic?

Aren't we merely making projections and estimations based on how we see things? I mean, is there really any other way to answer this question in the first place? And aren't you just using another variation of "That's your opinion" in a field where there is only opinion, and it should be understood?

Being the best performer top to bottom doesn't make him a realistic choice for Main Eventer. You could make a case for Finlay, yes, who's also awesome. Doesn't mean he'd work out in the Main Event. People made a case for JBL, who couldn't draw with Eddie Guerrero as an opponent. Sure, you can make a case for someone. You can probably make a case for a lot of people, but in the end, that means sweet fuck all.

Wrestling is like Politics. And in America, it doesn't matter who the best choice is, this is who you get:

http://img147.echo.cx/img147/5263/bush7wk.jpg

Porcupine
05-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Triple H lobbying for Regal to get a singles push is by far the best thing he has done recently. I think he might actually respect Regal enough to drop the WWE Title to him, too. Here's hoping.

H : Hai guys can u give Regal a push so he can job to me? K thx bai!

TerranRich
05-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Would anybody here about 7 years ago, have seen Rey Mysterio as a possible world champion?

Stranger things have happened, is all I'm saying.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Aren't we merely making projections and estimations based on how we see things? I mean, is there really any other way to answer this question in the first place? And aren't you just using another variation of "That's your opinion" in a field where there is only opinion, and it should be understood?

Being the best performer top to bottom doesn't make him a realistic choice for Main Eventer. You could make a case for Finlay, yes, who's also awesome. Doesn't mean he'd work out in the Main Event. People made a case for JBL, who couldn't draw with Eddie Guerrero as an opponent. Sure, you can make a case for someone. You can probably make a case for a lot of people, but in the end, that means sweet fuck all.

Wrestling is like Politics. And in America, it doesn't matter who the best choice is, this is who you get:

http://img147.echo.cx/img147/5263/bush7wk.jpg

So what you're saying is "all we have is opinion" and then throwing out mine because it's not founded on anything? Look, I wasn't being hostile to Bad Company. On the contrary, I quite like him. I just think that Regal's current slot in storylines makes him higher than a upper mid-carder. thedamndest summed up his current position really well.

It was also you who made a comment to The CyNick about Matt Hardy in another thread, where you said (and I paraphrase) "whether you like it or not, Matt Hardy could have been something." Very similar to what I meant when I said what I did to Company.

Also, the points you made about JBL and George Bush support exactly what I'm saying: if they can become WWE Champion and President of the United States, respectively (JBL was WWE Champion, Bush was President, just so people know), then why is it unrealistic to assume William Regal could be WWE Champion? Why is it unrealistic to assume that Finlay, with things properly aligned, could not be a World Champion?

We aren't really talking opinions here. Opinions on Regal, of all kinds, are welcome. That can be part of the discussion. What I'm asking is whether or not people can see Regal as WWE Champion. Company said no, but I disagree with his criteria for assessing this possibility based on his out-dated view of Regal's position on the roster. Regal definitely got an upgrade when he won the 2008 King of the Ring, and in the recent weeks he has been abusing his power.

Saying "no, I think Triple H has a lock on the WWE Championship for a while" or "no, I think the WWE will still keep Regal away from the WWE Championship because he is too different from the usual style of main eventer" is fair enough. I think limiting Regal to the mid-card is a bit extreme and not so much an "opinion" as an unreasonable evaluation of the man.

Destor
05-19-2008, 02:06 AM
At the risk of kissing your ass I gotta say, I have no idea why people give you shit.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I think it's because I make myself an easy target because I come off as overly passionate about wrestling in my writing. I write lots and lots about it, and I value the under-card more than I apparently should, because "no one gives a shit about those guys," and I have high hopes for lots of guys, and aren't critical of guys that haven't blossomed yet.

But you know, God forbid anyone do that on a wrestling forum.

Impact!
05-19-2008, 02:29 AM
Noid :y:

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Impact!, you are aware of my love for you right? Same goes, Destor.

05-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Cena chasing Regal is money and could almost have an Austin/McMahon edge to it. :y:

Edit: If only there was someone who could wrestle that had Cena's drawing power. :(

Kane Knight
05-19-2008, 06:58 AM
So what you're saying is "all we have is opinion" and then throwing out mine because it's not founded on anything?

No. Stop making shit up.

05-19-2008, 07:05 AM
What's happened with Regal is, WWE has given a heel a monster push out of nowhere...a la JBL and shoving it down our throats.

LUCKILY, Regal actually DOES have mic skills, and is one of the best wrestlers in the company. (And doesn't have Texas BBQ Man Breasts) He also happens to be one of those guys that pop up on forums such as these while being mentioned in the same breath as 'Underused,' 'Wasted,' and 'Underrated.'

When things like this happen it honestly makes me wonder if we smarks can never, ever be satisfied.

Bad Company
05-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Out-dated view of Regal's position on the roster? They guy who was tag teaming with Dave Taylor a few months back, and had a feud with Eugene?

He won KOTR out of nowhere, which was a pleasant surprise. And he's getting a nice push, But why does he have to be WWE Champ? You don't have to be champ to help carry the show, and he's great in that position to do that.

Why does everyone have to be WWE Champ with you? Does it really matter?
Just because you're getting a push doesn't mean you have to go all the way to the top. And Regal is the kind of guy who doesn't need the rub of the WWE title.

Kane Knight
05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
By the way:

Also, the points you made about JBL and George Bush support exactly what I'm saying: if they can become WWE Champion and President of the United States, respectively (JBL was WWE Champion, Bush was President, just so people know), then why is it unrealistic to assume William Regal could be WWE Champion? Why is it unrealistic to assume that Finlay, with things properly aligned, could not be a World Champion?

If you think that what I said supports what you are saying, you are completely missing it. As in, 100% off the mark. Here is the pulse. Here is your finger, far from the pulse...

I guess what I'm saying is "Say...Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

Let's continue the metaphor, since you missed it entirely.

Okay, in 2000, there were several Republican candidates who were more qualified, competent, and intelligent than Bush. Same goes for the Democrats. In fact, we had better Democratic choices, too. We ended up with Gush and Bore.

2004, Bush was unopposed in the Republican party because he was the current President. We got Bush and Kerry, another weak candidate.

And all it takes is a little to take you out of the running. Howard Dean, who has been right almost 100% of the time when speaking about the war in Iraq, was disqualified because of a single "Yeeeehaw!" Gore lost a lot simply because they decided to say he claimed he invented the internet. He's still ridiculed for it, though what he said was quite different, not to mention true.

Clinton and Obama have outlasted more qualified candidates because Clinton's got the family name, and Obama's a Rock Star.

Where is this all going? The candidate pool starts with a dozen people, and gets weeded down to Bush and Gore. Or Bush and Kerry. You may have the best and the brightest, but that doesn't mean they will ever see the top rung.

Regal may be great, and so may Finlay. They're more the "Howard Dean" or "John Edwards" type than the "John Kerry" type.

Or, to answer your question: If Bush and JBL can do it, why not Regal or Finlay?

Because, like the Presidency, title reigns are not based on qualification.

Kane Knight
05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
When things like this happen it honestly makes me wonder if we smarks can never, ever be satisfied.

Things like what? Isn't there room for Regal having been underused, and still not being a draw as Heavyweight champ? I mean, the guy was tagging with Eugene, jobbing on the undercard shows, etc. Clearly, that's underused.

And just because you like Regal doesn't mean you can feasibly see him getting over with the mainstream crowd, which is important. It also doesn't mean people will pay to see him.

Then again, Smarks suck and probably won't be satisfied, ever.

Jeritron
05-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Well, if I had to bet I'd still pick no just because it's safer odds. But it's a possibility. Like Destor said, Jericho Eddie and Benoit all did it. Even Rey did it. Booker, RVD and Edge did it too. Jeff would have done it if he wasn't a fuck up, and still may.

It's not as hard to become WWE champ as it once was, due to brand extension and constant attempts at creating new main event stars.
There was once a time where there'd only be 1 new first-time champ every 2 or 3 years, and at a given time only 2 or 3 former champs would be on the active roster and in the picture. Now you have more new champs in a shorter period of time, and on the current roster there has to be at least 10-15 former champs active and "in the hunt".
(thought of making this a topic for discussion once actually)

Look at JBL. That's gotta be the most out of left field world champ of all time and he held it for nearly a year. I never would have thought Bradshaw would win a world title, and Regal's current push is similar in many ways, as well as timing and randomness.

The Optimist
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I . . . really don't care at this point if he draws well. Lol.

Regal getting a push is like a really hot chick I know is out of my league hitting on me while drunk, stoned, sleep-walking and hallucinating. I'm just going to roll with it and take it as far as it will go. What's best for the company is usually not entertaining to me. Doing something that I enjoy and doesn't make sense financially is better than doing something I hate that doesn't make sense financially, which they do fairly often.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Cena chasing Regal is money and could almost have an Austin/McMahon edge to it. :y:

Edit: If only there was someone who could wrestle that had Cena's drawing power. :(

Maybe it could be used for someone who could wrestle, who could gain drawing power through the storyline? CM Punk comes to mind. They could even work some teacher vs. student angles into it. Then there is that Coke vs. Pepsi storyline. :shifty:

05-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Things like what? Isn't there room for Regal having been underused, and still not being a draw as Heavyweight champ? I mean, the guy was tagging with Eugene, jobbing on the undercard shows, etc. Clearly, that's underused.

And just because you like Regal doesn't mean you can feasibly see him getting over with the mainstream crowd, which is important. It also doesn't mean people will pay to see him.

Then again, Smarks suck and probably won't be satisfied, ever.

Fair point, sir. However, my hope that WWE would actually push/utilize talents in a more effective way went out the window a long time ago, so, I suppose you could say I gave up caring a long time ago. It's pretty obvious Regal isn't a long term choice, but selfishly, giving him a month or two with the belt would amuse me. Who gives a damn, WWE will make money anyway.

05-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe it could be used for someone who could wrestle, who could gain drawing power through the storyline? CM Punk comes to mind. They could even work some teacher vs. student angles into it. Then there is that Coke vs. Pepsi storyline. :shifty:

As stupid as it was at the time, I actually kind of liked when CM Punk was screwing with Chavo, the mariachi thing was lame, but it did have kind of an Austin-like vibe to it, and I admit, I kind of marked out just a little for the sheer WWE classic cheese factor. Could work I suppose, but I can't see pushing CM Punk to the moon right now...they barely let him talk, and there is a ton of other talent right now that he would have to get passed. Jeff Hardy might come to mind as a possibility...he already has the whole daredevil/rebel image.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Out-dated view of Regal's position on the roster? They guy who was tag teaming with Dave Taylor a few months back, and had a feud with Eugene?

He won KOTR out of nowhere, which was a pleasant surprise. And he's getting a nice push, But why does he have to be WWE Champ? You don't have to be champ to help carry the show, and he's great in that position to do that.

Why does everyone have to be WWE Champ with you? Does it really matter?
Just because you're getting a push doesn't mean you have to go all the way to the top. And Regal is the kind of guy who doesn't need the rub of the WWE title.

Cool it, I wasn't dismissing your opinion. You're allowed to think what you want to think, but I'll answer your questions anyway:

Out-dated view of Regal's position on the roster?
Yes, given that you brought up the point of Dave Taylor and Eugene. Regal is past teaming with Taylor, and is way past feuding with Eugene. That stuff is pretty out-dated.

He won KOTR out of nowhere, which was a pleasant surprise. And he's getting a nice push, But why does he have to be WWE Champ?
I didn't say he had to be. I think it would be nice if he was, because he is, as I have said, a fantastic entertainer, a fantastic wrestler, and someone I think that deserves to have a run with the belt, and is in a position to.

Why does everyone have to be WWE Champ with you?
They don't. For example: I am a fan of Jamie Noble. He is probably not going to be WWE Champ, and he really doesn't have to be from where I am sitting.

Does it really matter?
Yes and no -- no being from the standpoint that it won't really effect my life, personally speaking. Yes in that if I am to watch professional wrestling and be entertained, I'd like a better WWE Champion than John Cena, Triple H or Randy Orton from time-to-time.

You don't think Regal should be WWE Champion? That is fine. I'm just saying that the way you made it sound, William Regal is a mid-carder based solely on your opinion of the guy. That's not a critique of your opinion, but it's just not evidence of he will never be WWE Champion. Especially when, as others pointed out, stranger things have happened.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
By the way:

If you think that what I said supports what you are saying, you are completely missing it. As in, 100% off the mark. Here is the pulse. Here is your finger, far from the pulse...

I guess what I'm saying is "Say...Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

Let's continue the metaphor, since you missed it entirely.

Okay, in 2000, there were several Republican candidates who were more qualified, competent, and intelligent than Bush. Same goes for the Democrats. In fact, we had better Democratic choices, too. We ended up with Gush and Bore.

2004, Bush was unopposed in the Republican party because he was the current President. We got Bush and Kerry, another weak candidate.

And all it takes is a little to take you out of the running. Howard Dean, who has been right almost 100% of the time when speaking about the war in Iraq, was disqualified because of a single "Yeeeehaw!" Gore lost a lot simply because they decided to say he claimed he invented the internet. He's still ridiculed for it, though what he said was quite different, not to mention true.

Clinton and Obama have outlasted more qualified candidates because Clinton's got the family name, and Obama's a Rock Star.

Where is this all going? The candidate pool starts with a dozen people, and gets weeded down to Bush and Gore. Or Bush and Kerry. You may have the best and the brightest, but that doesn't mean they will ever see the top rung.

Regal may be great, and so may Finlay. They're more the "Howard Dean" or "John Edwards" type than the "John Kerry" type.

Or, to answer your question: If Bush and JBL can do it, why not Regal or Finlay?

Because, like the Presidency, title reigns are not based on qualification.

LOL. And you completely missed what I was saying, Jon Stewart:

If anyone can become WWE Champion, and they can be, why does that disqualify Regal? Also, the metaphor "wrestling is like politics" is a pretty crappy one, and seems really forced to me. You might have a point with it all, I stopped reading when I got the impression you knew your politics were "right."

Also:

I'll give this the treatment I gave Bad Company:

Aren't we merely making projections and estimations based on how we see things?
In a way. Not in the creative sense, more in the sense of the patterns and trends one can deduct from what is happening on the screen.

I mean, is there really any other way to answer this question in the first place?
Given the breadth of what you seem to be saying, yes, yes there is. There is simply making a wild statement: "William Regal will never be WWE Champion, because I say so," and making one based off evidence: "William Regal is getting a push, and Triple H is reportedly a fan of the guy."

And aren't you just using another variation of "That's your opinion" in a field where there is only opinion, and it should be understood?
Crappy, vague writing here. What I gathered from this is that you only think there is opinion in this field (which is what you blatantly said), and then you denied mine. Granted, you tried used what you thought was an "on the pulse" metaphor, but going by what you said...

KK: No. Stop making shit up.

Kane Knight
05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Fair point, sir. However, my hope that WWE would actually push/utilize talents in a more effective way went out the window a long time ago, so, I suppose you could say I gave up caring a long time ago. It's pretty obvious Regal isn't a long term choice, but selfishly, giving him a month or two with the belt would amuse me. Who gives a damn, WWE will make money anyway.

I gave up caring, too. I mean, I'll probably be happy if Regal gets the title, but I've given up being really arsed by this shit.

And no, Noid, you said that what I said dovetailed with what you were saying. It doesn't. You really did miss the point and have now moved on to name calling (And a lot of things you bitch about me doing...Sounds like hypocrisy, but as long as you think you're above your own standards...). Bravo.

The wrestling politics metaphor works. Just because you don't particularly get it doesn't change anything. After all, you thought my point backed you up, when I'm not saying what you want me to be saying. You're replacing logic with wishful thinking. On two counts in this thread at least.

Kane Knight
05-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Crappy, vague writing here. What I gathered from this is that you only think there is opinion in this field (which is what you blatantly said), and then you denied mine.

Except nothing I said actually dismissed your opinion. You're trying to force this notion like a square peg into a round hole. You call it vague, but again, that's not really the case. The problem really isn't me. When I said "I hope Jericho's coming back, but you guys are jumping the gun," You turned that into "Jericho's not coming back and you're all morons for thinking it."

"What you gather" from this has no actual bearing on what was written.

But when your argument's dead, you try and change the subject. Just like when you said that my point supported your point. When I pointed out that what I said did not such thing, you changed the argument.

Inadequacy
05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I think that if you two (kk and noid) ever meet in real life, you're gonna argue for a couple minutes and then just start making out.

Kind of like Sam and Diane from cheers.

thedamndest
05-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Update based on Raw (Spoilers): I take back my dreams of this reign.

U-Warrior
05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I hate WWE now and forever.

Bad Company
05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Indifferent Clox
05-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Kane Knight, You neg rep me constantly, yet I find myself enjoying your posts. I hate this about myself and you. One day you will go far in the world of whatever it is you do all day. Perhaps writing.

Noid you write quite a bit of fan fiction and one day you could be a writer at TNA or some other thing that no one will ever see. Good luck.

Uwarrior, you probably won't read this but would you like to grab a pizza sometime and smoke a bowl and talk about japanese wrestling? I would. Thank you.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Except nothing I said actually dismissed your opinion. You're trying to force this notion like a square peg into a round hole. You call it vague, but again, that's not really the case. The problem really isn't me. When I said "I hope Jericho's coming back, but you guys are jumping the gun," You turned that into "Jericho's not coming back and you're all morons for thinking it."

"What you gather" from this has no actual bearing on what was written.

But when your argument's dead, you try and change the subject. Just like when you said that my point supported your point. When I pointed out that what I said did not such thing, you changed the argument.

Your metaphor is really shitty. If you take your meaning from it, you get "you don't always get the best choice for WWE Champion," to which I must ask why being qualified automatically disqualifies you as a realistic choice for WWE Champion, despite getting a push? Then there was my interpretation of what you meant, which is that anyone can be WWE Champion. How does that eliminate Regal, either?

If the point was not to eliminate Regal as a realistic pick for a future WWE Champion, I don't see why you are arguing against me. If it is, you should really think of better metaphors that actually make that point, instead of leaving them so open you can drive a train through them.

Maybe I did take liberties with your original post in this thread, but I find it very hypocritical that you make a statement to The CyNick like "Whether you like it or not, Matt Hardy could have been huge," (which I agree with), and then contest my post pretty much saying "Whether you like it or not, William Regal could be huge." As I said, we aren't talking opinions, you are wrong, we are reading the WWE's programming, and making predictions. These could be called opinions like someone savvy about cars might form an "opinion" on whether it can be made road worthy for a reasonable price.

I disagreed with Bad Company's review of Regal, and you contested my review of Company's review by saying that "well, everything's an orange here." Not true.

Also, I don't recall reading "I hope Jericho's coming back, but you guys are jumping the gun," I recall "*Poster's name* *condescending remark about how it's obvious Jericho isn't coming back yet*" You completely missed the point that most people knew that, and were being hopeful for the sake of entertaining themselves, and that speculation was part of the game. But I don't want to dig up that old argument again. No point arguing with a cinderblock.

Maybe you honestly meant to not be condescending to a lot of the posters who were half-seriously discussing return ideas for Chris Jericho, but that's how you come off most of the time -- an arrogant dick-weed. It's why I'm convinced that you're not going to become the successful writer you want to be. You're not smart enough for the intellectual crowd that will sit and pick apart your workings; they will see right through you and know that you are like the kid in high school who thought that the bigger and more exotic sounding synonym was always the better choice for his work. You're unfortunately too condescending to appeal to mainstream audiences, either. You come off as the textbook "person with above average intelligence trying to sound like a prodigy." Maybe in your real writing, you are not that arrogant, but I doubt it, seeing as you still seem convinced that what you mean is what everyone in the world hears.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2008, 01:13 AM
As for Regal, I can see him returning to the ring full-time now (well, in storylines, I'm sure he'll continue to go weeks without wrestling, and may not work as many house shows), or maybe heading to SmackDown! to win the vacated World Heavyweight Championship.

Bad Company
05-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Maybe they'll make him Champion of Heat.

The Optimist
05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Hilarious. I like Bad Company wallowing around happily in Raw's shitty failure.

The Optimist
05-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Either way, it was fun while it lasted. I really can't get the direction here, so I won't even try.

Bad Company
05-20-2008, 03:29 AM
I dunno what the fuck they are doing, but it's gonna be stupid.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2008, 05:34 AM
There is some hope for it, I guess. I really don't get the idea behind having Regal supported as General Manager by Vince one week, and then fired two weeks later, or so. I admit that I think I'll like Theodore Long as RAW General Manager (it seems to be what they hinted), as he has been wasted on SmackDown! for quite a while, pushing Vickie Guerrero around. Why was he even demoted to Assistant General Manager in the first place?

William Regal really should go to SmackDown! and win the vacant World Heavyweight Championship. The Undertaker winning it is not something Vince seems keen on, and Edge as World Heavyweight Champion has been done quite thoroughly. Regal with the belt could be...interesting.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2008, 05:36 AM
Maybe they'll make him Champion of Heat.

I honestly don't know why they haven't revived the European Championship and established it as the unofficial championship of Heat. Val Venis and Charlie Haas could have traded the belt back and forth a few times in some good matches, and it'd create the illusion of depth on their resumes.

The Optimist
05-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Teddy Long wasn't demoted so much as he was indisposed while he was in the hospital for the stroke or heart attack he had during the Wedding. Or whatever. Vickie was the replacement, and since WWE doesn't remember that it doesn't make sense he immediately became her errand boy when he was healthy.

addy2hotty
05-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Fuck the WWE, fuck Vince and fuck the writers.

The BEST thing they had going, they've nipped in the bud completely, for no apparent reason. Regal was getting more heat than I can remember in recent times, just for standing in the ring.

I'm not bothering to watch now, if the spoilers/results spring something up decent with Regal, then maybe I'll bother. I can't for the life of me see how they think this is good. They had it great, carry this on into ONS and then begin the Regal/HHH feud they teased the other week.

I guess Vince wants his spot back or something, fuck knows.

Outsider
05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Fuck the WWE, fuck Vince and fuck the writers.

The BEST thing they had going, they've nipped in the bud completely, for no apparent reason. Regal was getting more heat than I can remember in recent times, just for standing in the ring.

I'm not bothering to watch now, if the spoilers/results spring something up decent with Regal, then maybe I'll bother. I can't for the life of me see how they think this is good. They had it great, carry this on into ONS and then begin the Regal/HHH feud they teased the other week.

I guess Vince wants his spot back or something, fuck knows.

Well at least we have the answer to this now.

Mooияakeя™
05-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, tbh, I think all the people who slated WWE's booking, whilst they have no faith, u should at least give them a week to see if something crops up or to see where the next RAW would take it.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, I guess we have a new reason to answer "no" to this question now. I still think we may see it, we'll just see it take a bit longer.

BigDaddyCool
05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Not anymore. How has Bob Tista not been caught with drugs yet?

Kane Knight
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I think that if you two (kk and noid) ever meet in real life, you're gonna argue for a couple minutes and then just start making out.

Kind of like Sam and Diane from cheers.

Nah. I'd be more likely to make out with BDC. He has the benefit of not being mentally handicapped or Australian.

No offense to KYR.

Kane Knight, You neg rep me constantly, yet I find myself enjoying your posts. I hate this about myself and you. One day you will go far in the world of whatever it is you do all day. Perhaps writing.

I'd recommend not going so far out of your way to annoy people or take shots at me. Might change the perspective.

Kane Knight
05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Your metaphor is really shitty. If you take your meaning from it, you get "you don't always get the best choice for WWE Champion," to which I must ask why being qualified automatically disqualifies you as a realistic choice for WWE Champion, despite getting a push? Then there was my interpretation of what you meant, which is that anyone can be WWE Champion. How does that eliminate Regal, either?

If the point was not to eliminate Regal as a realistic pick for a future WWE Champion, I don't see why you are arguing against me. If it is, you should really think of better metaphors that actually make that point, instead of leaving them so open you can drive a train through them.

Maybe I did take liberties with your original post in this thread, but I find it very hypocritical that you make a statement to The CyNick like "Whether you like it or not, Matt Hardy could have been huge," (which I agree with), and then contest my post pretty much saying "Whether you like it or not, William Regal could be huge." As I said, we aren't talking opinions, you are wrong, we are reading the WWE's programming, and making predictions. These could be called opinions like someone savvy about cars might form an "opinion" on whether it can be made road worthy for a reasonable price.

I disagreed with Bad Company's review of Regal, and you contested my review of Company's review by saying that "well, everything's an orange here." Not true.

Also, I don't recall reading "I hope Jericho's coming back, but you guys are jumping the gun," I recall "*Poster's name* *condescending remark about how it's obvious Jericho isn't coming back yet*" You completely missed the point that most people knew that, and were being hopeful for the sake of entertaining themselves, and that speculation was part of the game. But I don't want to dig up that old argument again. No point arguing with a cinderblock.

Maybe you honestly meant to not be condescending to a lot of the posters who were half-seriously discussing return ideas for Chris Jericho, but that's how you come off most of the time -- an arrogant dick-weed. It's why I'm convinced that you're not going to become the successful writer you want to be. You're not smart enough for the intellectual crowd that will sit and pick apart your workings; they will see right through you and know that you are like the kid in high school who thought that the bigger and more exotic sounding synonym was always the better choice for his work. You're unfortunately too condescending to appeal to mainstream audiences, either. You come off as the textbook "person with above average intelligence trying to sound like a prodigy." Maybe in your real writing, you are not that arrogant, but I doubt it, seeing as you still seem convinced that what you mean is what everyone in the world hears.

So you're back to making things up. Of course, if you completely redefine the argument, then you can conveniently decide nothing I say makes sense.

Also, if you don't recall what I said, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Why? Because you continued to assert that wasn't what I was saying even after the Critic/44 Mag pointed it out explicitly.

Let me make things easy for you:

I am not responsible for what you forget.
I am not responsible for what you infer.
I am not responsible for what you put in my mouth.

Don't blame me because you can't remember, can't read can't reason, and can't tell the truth.

Kane Knight
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh, and by the way, people were bitching and pissed at WWE for something that was never promised with Jericho. That's a pretty different story from the one you're trying to paint.