PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Murders may have competition for most badass current stable.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Who could be more badass than Voodoo Murders?

Motherfucking Real Hazard, that's who.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/UltimoTG/Dragon%20Gate/080515_17.jpg

I'm sure a whole 5 people care, but still, that's an awesome stable.

IC Champion
05-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Why are they all 4 feet tall?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Oh, and while they don't have a name yet, it looks like the other new stable will be...

Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki, and M.C. KZ

IC Champion
05-18-2008, 05:34 AM
That has to be Dragon Gate.

IC Champion
05-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Unless everyone in Japan is 4 feet tall.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 05:35 AM
The smallest one is GAMMA, who, I believe is about 5'7 - 5'8

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Yeah, it's Dragon Gate.

IC Champion
05-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Now is that their billed height?

IC Champion
05-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Because Tazz was billed at 5'9 lol.

Destor
05-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Very nice, when did this happen?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 05:42 AM
That's the height off of DGUSA, so it's probably accurate (the site has no affiliation with DG.)

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Very nice, when did this happen?

About 4 days ago.

Destor
05-18-2008, 05:46 AM
That logo is pretty sweet btw.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2008, 06:29 AM
BxB Hulk is someone that I want to see as part of "Team Japan" for TNA's World X Cup. Just so I can see him with his dancers on my TV.

I must confess to not being up to date with my Dragon Gate stables, nor being really interested in them storyline-wise. A lot of the guys in Dragon Gate are incredible, though.

KingofOldSchool
05-18-2008, 07:41 AM
lol @ the random WCW Monday Nitro shirt

owenbrown
05-18-2008, 08:15 AM
lol

Jura
05-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Is that Tatanka?

U-Warrior
05-18-2008, 10:29 AM

lol come on now.

Shuji Kondo alone, makes all of them look about as badass as Stalker Ichikawa.

Hanso Amore
05-18-2008, 10:50 AM
The two on the left look cool, the rest look like aids patients.

I like Japaneses strong men.....they are usually pretty entertaining.

Short guys that are thick and powerful like that can usually toss fuckers around (I.E. Tazz) because of their low center of gravity and strong compact base.

Who is he? Is he wearing an abyss mask?

U-Warrior
05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Shingo Takagi, the guy on the far right is actually the second strongest guy there, next to Cyber Kong, the guy who painted muscles on himself. Even tho Kong is stronger, Takagi is way more fun to watch, as he throws around suplexes and actually knows how to wrestle, ala Taz.

Which is why I hate this new faction. Because he'll probably play second fiddle to "AIDs patients" GAMMA, instead of leading his own stable, like he was doing.

Rammsteinmad
05-18-2008, 10:59 AM
The guy on the left has a cool costume.

Hanso Amore
05-18-2008, 11:05 AM
What is that stick the guy on the left has? new Age kendo stick?

Blitz
05-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh, and while they don't have a name yet, it looks like the other new stable will be...

Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki, and M.C. KZ
Awesome.

BigDaddyCool
05-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Why is the guy with outline muscle pointing towards his penis?

U-Warrior
05-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Why wouldn't he?

BigDaddyCool
05-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Follow up question, is his penis outlined with makeup?

Indifferent Clox
05-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Can't wait for an american promotion to rip them off.

Indifferent Clox
05-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Those guys look badass can you tell us more about them?

I know stories don't exactly exist in puresero but can you talk about their formation or post videos of their matches?

Rollermacka
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/UltimoTG/Dragon%20Gate/080515_17.jpg

I'm sure a whole 5 people care, but still, that's an awesome stable.

I wish I had painted on muscles like that :'(

Mr. Monday Morning
05-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Shingo Takagi, the guy on the far right is actually the second strongest guy there, next to Cyber Kong, the guy who painted muscles on himself. Even tho Kong is stronger, Takagi is way more fun to watch, as he throws around suplexes and actually knows how to wrestle, ala Taz.

He also has a fine mullet

BigDaddyCool
05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Tell them that I hate them next time you see them.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Alright, starting from the right, because, why not?

Shingo Takagi (aka SHINGO) is pretty much a huge part of DG's future. The man has been on the rise since 2005, and is only getting better. He was part of Blood Generation ( CIMA, Don Fuji, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Shingo, and Magnitude Kishiwada), and not too long after Blood Gen died, he spent a year in ROH. When he returned to Dragon Gate, he started New Hazard (Shingo, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong, and Yamato.)

On a bit of a sidenote, GAMMA was in Blood Gen near the end, and he clashed with CIMA constantly. This ultimately lead to Doi, Yoshino, and GAMMA leaving (and Magnitude joined them later.) They beat CIMA, and a few others (I want to say SHINGO and Jack Evans, but don't quote me), to win the rights to the Blood Generation name, at which point they trashed it, and created the Muscle Outlawz stable.

Second from the right is Yamato, who is the rookie of the group, but a damn good rookie he is. He entered New Hazard very early into his DG career and just blossomed. Not too long ago, he betrayed New Hazard and joined the Muscle Outlawz. He has an interesting persona, as he sort of plays this wild, almost psycho type of wrestler, who looks crazed half the time, seems a little off, and will pretty much fight anyone. While it's a huge stretch, the closest thing I can relate the persona to is that of Brian Pillman's Loose Cannon gimmick.

Geniki Horiguchi is next. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of the guy until he turned on Ryo Saito, left Do Fixer, and joined Muscle Outlawz... Hell, he went from looking like a lame wannabe surfer, to amazing badass. I mean, check it out.

Before

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Gallery/RingOfHonor/2006/04/07/dragongate5sm.jpg

AFTER

http://dgusa.puroresufan.com/genki.jpg
Unfortunately I couldn't find a better pic, so you can't see the bizarro blonde hair he has in the back with blue weave... Still, he's pretty slick now.

Anyway, Genki is incredibly solid in the ring, and he plays the heel great. Plus, any guy who can make a backslide legit, is okay in my book ( As a face, he did a backslide that was called "Backslide from Heaven" which was his near inescapable backslide. When he turned heel, they started calling it the Backslide from Hell, and it was usually preceded by a low blow.

Next is Yashushi Kanda, who I don't know a whole lot about. He career was cut short early on, and he ultimately retired, and became a ref. He was a heel ref, helping out his old stable. Eventually, after many assaults from the Muscle Outlawz, he returned to the ring in 2006. Ultimately though, he joined Muscle Outlawz. In 08, he was key in the downfall of the group though, as he was a major player in the strife between the group and Doi/Yoshino.

Now we have Cyber Kong (yes, the guy with the muscles painted on.) Honestly, he hasn't done much, but he's decent in the ring, and plays the powerhouse very well. Plus, in good powerhouse fashion, he has a tendency to lose to quick pins out of nowhere.

Finally, there's GAMMA... Fucking GAMMA. Probably the best heel in Dragon Gate right now. Charisma wise, he's pretty much the second coming of CIMA. The guy is easy to hate, and it makes it easy when he does things like stand on the top rope and drink water, and then spit it down onto a fallen opponent, or spit in his hands and rub it into his opponents face/ hair before pummeling them in a corner. Plus, he does a crucifix powerbomb setup into a facebuster, which is just badass. He was also key in Muscle Outlawz ending, and the whole thing started when he assumed leadership of the group while Naruki Doi was out injured.

That's the rundown on the wrestlers. Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino basically left the group/ were betrayed on the last show. There had been a lot of infighting between them and the ret of the group, and it boiled over at the last big show, where Genki and Kanda basically turned on Yoshino. With the help of Doi, Yoshino came out of it okay, and Kanda ended up getting his head shaved.

As far as who's leading the group, most people believe it will be GAMMA and Shingo leading the group together. I really don't see Shingo going into a second fiddle role, mainly because he's grown so much, it won't work... Although unfortunately for him, GAMMA has enough natural charisma where, overtime, he'll probably be the perceived leader.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Here's a little music video from last October... It was during a tag team league, where GAMMA and Genki took on Doi and Yoshino... Go in fighting. Fun match, video quality could be a lot better...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1DqZqjKfXE&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1DqZqjKfXE&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

redoneja
05-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't follow Dragon Gate too much, I used to really only follow NJPW, AJPW, and NOAH. I've just recently gotten into the lucharesu and junior sort of style though, so I've been looking into DG and Michinoku Pro and tracking down older matches from Best of Super Junior Tournaments etc.

Anyway, I've been wondering why there are always so many stables in Dragon Gate? Seems like almost every wrestler in the promotion is in a stable.

BigDaddyCool
05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Here's a little music video from last October... It was during a tag team league, where GAMMA and Genki took on Doi and Yoshino... Go in fighting. Fun match, video quality could be a lot better...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1DqZqjKfXE&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1DqZqjKfXE&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

After watching this, I have deterimined that japs shouldn't be allowed to wrestle as the make it retarded.

Indifferent Clox
05-19-2008, 12:02 AM
After watching this, I have deterimined that japs shouldn't be allowed to wrestle as the make it retarded.

after reading that i have determined that BDC shouldn't be allowed to post as he makes it look retarded

What Would Kevin Do?
05-19-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't follow Dragon Gate too much, I used to really only follow NJPW, AJPW, and NOAH. I've just recently gotten into the lucharesu and junior sort of style though, so I've been looking into DG and Michinoku Pro and tracking down older matches from Best of Super Junior Tournaments etc.

Anyway, I've been wondering why there are always so many stables in Dragon Gate? Seems like almost every wrestler in the promotion is in a stable.

Dragon Gate has always been really group based. There are usually 2 to 4 big stables at a time. There's a large chunk of the roster that isn't in a stable though. It makes sense though, since DG focuses a lot on tag team matches, have a 3 man tag title as well, etc.

Indifferent Clox
05-19-2008, 01:07 AM
So what's up with that blue kendo stick?

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Tell them that I hate them next time you see them.

Cyber Kong looked into the future, and knew you'd say that, which is why he was pointing at his penis, to answer your earlier question.

Or he just wants us to know it matches Real Hazard's color-theme (which looks pretty awesome, to be honest).

Don't ask me why, but I see a split eventually happening within the group, with Shingo eventually getting jealous that GAMMA takes center stage over him, and maybe finding support from Genki Horiguchi, while GAMMA stays with Yashushi Kanda backing him, and Cyber Kong sticking around. YAMATO I can see going off and joining another stable, or taking either guy's side (probably Shingo's).

I don't know much about Dragon Gate, but I can just see this becoming GAMMA vs. Shingo down the line.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-19-2008, 02:27 AM
So what's up with that blue kendo stick?

It's a blue kendo stick? It just matches their color theme.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-19-2008, 02:34 AM
Cyber Kong looked into the future, and knew you'd say that, which is why he was pointing at his penis, to answer your earlier question.

Or he just wants us to know it matches Real Hazard's color-theme (which looks pretty awesome, to be honest).

Don't ask me why, but I see a split eventually happening within the group, with Shingo eventually getting jealous that GAMMA takes center stage over him, and maybe finding support from Genki Horiguchi, while GAMMA stays with Yashushi Kanda backing him, and Cyber Kong sticking around. YAMATO I can see going off and joining another stable, or taking either guy's side (probably Shingo's).

I don't know much about Dragon Gate, but I can just see this becoming GAMMA vs. Shingo down the line.

Eh, without a major overhaul, I don't see GAMMA and Genki separating. They both play heels so well, they belong together.

If anything, I'm thinking GAMMA will eventually turn on Shingo when SHingo becomes a threat to him, exiling Shingo, which will lead to him truly coming into his own.

As far as the stables go, I have no idea how this will work out... Real Hazard is a hella strong heel stable, but in reality, it's just MO, but replacing Doi and Yoshino with Kong and Shingo, and while Shingo is amazing, losing Doi and Yoshino is a bigger blow. I just don't see that stable running rough shot, especially when their opposistion is Doi, Yoshino, Hulk, the newly returned and on a hot streak Tanisaki, and a popular rookie in m.c. KZ. On the other end, Typhoon is still insanely over powered, with CIMA, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokusuka, Anthony W. Mori, and Pac. Although with CIMA injured, we may see a mixup there soon...

Anyway, I'm still waiting on the eventual Blood Gen reunion. I don't know when it'll happen, but I'm assuming CIMA, Doi, Yoshino, Fuji, and Shingo will reunite to battle some super group... That supergroup doesn't really exist right now though... Not unless Saito or Dragon Kid (or both) jump to Real Hazard... Or the unthinkable happens and Magnum Tokyo returns to the company...

What Would Kevin Do?
06-02-2008, 02:04 AM
And the opposition is...

WORLD-1

http://spora.jp/juran/file/672/RFNDMDQ2ODThBg.JPG

http://spora.jp/juran/file/671/RFNDMDQ2ODThBg.JPG

What Would Kevin Do?
06-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Apparently they're going to be like a younger Typhoon group. The color scheme is pretty slick though. Gold, white, black, silver.

U-Warrior
06-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Fuck's sake, I have to edit outfits and factions in FPWR like every week with these guys.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Fuck's sake, I have to edit outfits and factions in FPWR like every week with these guys.

Basically, Dragon Gate more or less has a faction mixup every spring or so it seems.

I think in 06 Blood Gen split into Muscle Outlawz and Typhoon
In 07, Shingo returned from ROH, BxB Hulk and Cyber Kong left Typhoon/MO respectively and create New Hazed.
08 Muscle Outlawz and New Hazard die and we get this.

Then there's the stuff with Tozawajuku, which I haven't followed too much, but I can tell you, they're amazing.