PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here into Downhill Mountain Biking?

Extreme Angle
05-24-2008, 04:48 AM
If so, please post here, need some ideas on what bike to get...

Bad Company
05-24-2008, 09:22 AM
how much do you wanna spend? Mountain bikes can get excessively expensive.

I have a few mates who are into it, I've been a few times, great fun, great way to break bones though. Just got a new bike myself, was cheap, and is nothing special, but is strong.

If you're wanting a bike you can ride normally, downhill and jump with, get a hard tail, way more practical, and you'll get more for your money.

Cable disk brakes are ok, you don't really need hydrolic, and just some front suspension with good travel, you don't probably need triple clamps or anything like that.
If you start with a bike that has a decent frame, you can always build on it from there, even if it has cheaper components.
I would suggest you look at second hand bikes, because they depreciate quite heavily, and you can get bikes people have poured alot of cash into for cheap.

Extreme Angle
05-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah i've got a bike already its full suspension with cable brakes. Its a giant...
I dunno i'm looking for a full suspension bike between £600-£700, yeah definately gonna go second hand, save hundreds that way... I was looking either at a demo 8 or a kona deluxe.....

Yeah went off a jump yesterday, couldn't turn in time and went crashing into a tree, not hurt just a big scrape down my arm