PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Iron Man (no spoilers, please)

FourFifty
05-25-2008, 09:47 PM
A friend of mine is thinking about taking her three year old kid to Iron Man. She asked me (the biggest geek she knows) about it, and I had nothing but I told her I'd ask other people who have seen it.
Would you take a three year old kid to see Iron Man? Too much action? How much useage of various 4 letter words, etc etc. If someone can give me a quick rundown to see if it's family friendly that'd be awesome.

Blitz
05-25-2008, 09:49 PM
It's no worse than any other PG-13 superhero flick that's come out.

Jeritron
05-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Theres no nudity or sexuality, and from what I remember no harsh language. There's a couple adult jokes, but it'd be beyond impossible for the kid to pick up on any of it.

Violence is to a minimum and no different than a cartoon. None of it's brutal, just iron man punching some people a baddy.

Technically, it could have gotten a PG. Years ago it would have. 5 out of 6 star wars movies are rated PG and they include severed limbs, decapitated heads, tons of people getting shot and war.

Jaws was rated PG in all it's horrific glory. So was Raiders of the Lost Ark and that features someone getting chopped up in a propeller and multiple head shots with a regular gun

ratings mean nothing.

road doggy dogg
05-26-2008, 01:20 AM
HE WEARS A SUIT OF IRON!!!!!
crossrine

Xerzes
05-26-2008, 02:09 AM
A couple uses of "damn" and/or "hell." Can't recall profanity beyond that. Might've been a "son of a bitch" once. Comic book-style violence. Doubt there's anything in it that wouldn't fly in any comic book currently available outside of Archie.

Skippord
05-26-2008, 02:33 AM
I think there is one "shit"

Downunder
05-26-2008, 02:37 AM
I would not take my three year old to Iron Man

Impact!
05-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Children under the age of 6 should not be taken to any movies other than childrens movies (Horton Hears A Who, etc)

Champion of Europa
05-26-2008, 03:14 AM
There's a relatively tame implied sex scene.

The Mask
05-26-2008, 08:07 AM
i would totally take my 3 year old to iron man. i don't want them ending up gay.

:shifty:

FourFifty
05-26-2008, 08:24 AM
HE WEARS A SUIT OF IRON!!!!!
crossrine
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Iron Man, thank you for ruining what would have been my only comic book movie moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know the iron suit is confirmed, iron is my favourite metal, seeing his damn suit hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Iron Man major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking movies/tv forum besides for tipsters until Iron Man is on DVD, see you all when I get home from work today.

Destor
05-26-2008, 09:44 AM
There's a sex scene...well pretty much.

El Vaquero de Infierno
05-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Children under the age of 6 should not be taken to any movies other than childrens movies (Horton Hears A Who, etc)

Damn right.:y:

Kane Knight
05-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Spoiler:

He was turned to steel in the great magnetic field, when he traveled time for the future of mankind...

From IMDB...

Sex & Nudity

http://www.imdb.com/images/swiki/spin.gif <button id="b.2.1.edit" class="b_edit first" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.tab','edit',{layout:'.2.1',path:'.2.1'})">Edit</button><button id="b.2.1.history" class="b_history last" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.tab','history',{layout:'.2.1',path:'.2.1'})">History</button>

Stark and a reporter are seen in bed having sex at the beginning of the movie.

Violence & Gore

http://www.imdb.com/images/swiki/spin.gif <button id="b.2.2.edit" class="b_edit first" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.2.tab','edit',{layout:'.2.2',path:'.2.2'})">Edit</button><button id="b.2.2.history" class="b_history last" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.2.tab','history',{layout:'.2.2',path:'.2.2'})">History</button>

- There are a couple torture scenes. In one, Stark's head is repeatedly forced underwater. In another, a man narrowly escapes being forced to eat a hot coal.

- A scene involving the operation on Tony Stark maybe gory for some.

- After some fights there are men who have pretty nasty scars. One of the enemies can be seen with half his face mutilated from a flame thrower.

- There is a device that paralyzes people that causes veins to appear in the face as well as some blood to come out of the ears.

- There is a scene where several men are killed off-screen (we see them down on their knees, then hear gunshots)

- A scene also shows Tony Stark targeting onto several terrorists and killing them on screen.

- There is a scene where men with guns separate a man from his family. Both he and his son are roughly handled and an order is given to shoot him in front of his family but Iron man intervenes.

- There are several scenes of modern combat in Afghanistan, one involving the ambush of an American convoy.

-A man is shown with a bloody shoulder and chest which means he was obviously shot.

Profanity

http://www.imdb.com/images/swiki/spin.gif <button id="b.2.3.edit" class="b_edit first" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.3.tab','edit',{layout:'.2.3',path:'.2.3'})">Edit</button><button id="b.2.3.history" class="b_history last" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.3.tab','history',{layout:'.2.3',path:'.2.3'})">History</button>

Low level coarse language, but no offensive language. Some mild terms have been used as times. 3 B-words.

Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking

http://www.imdb.com/images/swiki/spin.gif <button id="b.2.4.edit" class="b_edit first" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.4.tab','edit',{layout:'.2.4',path:'.2.4'})">Edit</button><button id="b.2.4.history" class="b_history last" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.4.tab','history',{layout:'.2.4',path:'.2.4'})">History</button>

Obadiah is seen with a cigar in many scenes. Tony Starks can be seen throughout the film drinking. There is no alcoholism or drunkenness suggested. It also isn't glamorized in any sense.

Frightening/Intense Scenes

http://www.imdb.com/images/swiki/spin.gif <button id="b.2.5.edit" class="b_edit first" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.5.tab','edit',{layout:'.2.5',path:'.2.5'})">Edit</button><button id="b.2.5.history" class="b_history last" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.5.tab','history',{layout:'.2.5',path:'.2.5'})">History</button>

A paralysis device which is used by hurting the eardrums, therefore rendering them unmovable. This sight could be disturbing to some viewers.

This device is used twice in the entirety of the film.

A scene where Tony Stark's assistant is seen reaching into Tony's chest region in order to replace a device that keeps him alive may disturb some.

Iron man has a glowing disc on his chest even when he is not in his suit. This is called his heart by his assistant. Later the bad guy removes this disc from his chest and leaves him to die.

One of the military vehicles in a convoy that Stark is traveling in is blown up. A gun battle ensues and it is apparent that American soldiers are killed.

In the beginning of the movie they show Stark after removing a bag from his head,he is surrounded by Middle eastern looking men holding automatic weapons towards Stark. My 11 year old son was terrified by the images.

There is a scene where they are waterboarding Stark(aka sticking his head in water as if to drown him to get answers)

I want to make a general overall statement about the film. I took my 11 year old son based on the trailers we saw. There is nothing to suggest that there would be anything remotely suggesting terrorism and all that it entails. I left it up to him weather we should leave or not. We left right before the waterboarding scene(I watched it as I was leaving the theater.) Great adult movie,but should definately be rated R, not PG13. Too many disturbing images and too many things that would require covering his eyes to prevent nightmares.

Impact!
05-26-2008, 11:43 AM
lol whoever wrote that can die in a fire

Kane Knight
05-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I only skimmed that, but I don't think any of the mentions really count as spoilers.

Fox
05-26-2008, 12:29 PM
3 years old? He's going to be like that little fish eyed kid that kept standing on his seat and turning around and looking at me after the climax and the movie got "slow" toward the end.

Well behaved 3 year olds can go see this movie. I mean, I saw RoboCop when I was 5, and it didn't fuck me up THAT bad.