PDA

View Full Version : Dooble Dooble Yee: Vladimir Kozlov

The Optimist
05-27-2008, 04:16 AM
So . . . has anyone seen this man wrestle? He is on the Smackdown brand so I doubt people have seen him beyond the few vignettes he had about a year ago on Raw. He comes out to no music and no video on the Titantron. I suppose he's being booked as a sort of monster heel, but generally he doesn't look the part. Generally, he's boring and I wonder what sort of positive think the executives thing he has going for him. Any thoughts?

The Genius
05-27-2008, 04:25 AM
i saw him on a raw house show over a year ago. he was wrestling scotty 2 hotty and botched a few moves and looked terrible in the ring. he had a decent finisher though, torture rack but then would drop to his knees into a backbreaker. i havent followed him on smackdown yet but i am sure he has had to improved since i saw him live.

Afterlife
05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Currently his finisher is a Lutherizer that doesn't spin; that is, basically, an inverted DDT. Other than that, he does a (usually) brutal zebra kick. And not much else to care about. He doesn't even love Dobble Dobble E anymore.

Rammsteinmad
05-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I hate how everytime someone new comes in they generally have the same finisher. :nono:

road doggy dogg
05-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I thought this thread was about a hockey player.
crossrine

Afterlife
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I hate how everytime someone new comes in they generally have the same finisher. :nono:

It's not a pumphandle slam or a normal DDT. In fact, he's the only guy to do it the way he does it. I just don't see anything special about the guy's moveset in general, save the zebra kick, as mentioned earlier. And that might just be a sloppy big boot.

Don't foget, this guy is the opposite of entertaining -- whoch is strange, since he used to lov dobble dobble ee. These days, he has no music, pyros, lights, attire, moves, or personality. Makes you wonder why he's even IN the dobble dobble ee.

Gertner
05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I really like Kozlov. Very oldschool style to him.

Destor
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I dig his in ring style, but it wont get over

Dorkchop
05-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Kozlov reeks of 80s mid card. I don't really care for squash matches, but I see why they're important for guys his size during their first few months.

I'll have to wait and see how he is in non squash matches.

I can already tell that he's going to be billed as a monster, take out jobbers at first, move onto mid carders, get put in some feud no one will care about, develop a comedic personality, become a jobber, then get released. It's just the WWE way.

I dig his entrance.

Funky Fly
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I dig the guy.

Too bad they're not using the theme he got in WWE The Music 7. Then again, the no music/lights thing is kinda cool too. Old school.

thedamndest
05-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Keeping with his old school theme as well as his Russian-ness, I would like to see him use a bear hug, but I don't think that's a flashy enough finish. Or does he already use a bear hug during a match?

Gertner
05-28-2008, 01:37 AM
I really like how he uses judo takedowns in his matches. Something different than the usual punch-kick crap.

Mr. Nerfect
05-28-2008, 03:38 AM
I heard he was absolutely awful, but watching him on SmackDown!, he seemed decent enough. He's actually somewhat crisp. I only saw him against Colin Delaney, though, so who knows. He did this cool spot in the match, where Colin was lying over the top turnbuckle, face-down (think Green Bay Plunge position), and Kozlov came up, kicked him in the gut, Delaney went flying up, Kozlov caught him, then gave him a fallaway slam. It looked even cooler than it sounds.

I like the no frills approach they are taking with him. He needs a program now, though. Personally, I'd like to see him wrestle Matt Hardy once or twice for the United States Championship. No need to put him over as a monster, just put him over as a Russian bad ass. It's a lot more interesting than the boring monster route.

He should also use the Torture Rack Backbreaker again.

Afterlife
05-28-2008, 05:23 AM
Eh. He's not my kinda guy.

TerranRich
05-29-2008, 08:34 AM
I love his current theme. It's damn catchy. It's the Theme of the Week on Xylot Themes (http://www.xylotthemes.com).

Anybody Thrilla
05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
He looks like he's beating some serious ass in the ring. I enjoy him for now. I just want to see how they handle him against an opponent worth his salt.