PDA

View Full Version : Steiner is always good for a laugh

BigDaddyCool
05-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Steiner Calls Flair A 'Piece Of Garbage', Slams HHH & HBK
By Ryan Clark on May 28, 2008 at 1:57 PM EST

Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun has conducted another interview with TNA star Scott Steiner. Steiner put over Hulk Hogan as "the main guy you have to respect" but had some really harsh words for Ric Flair, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Some highlights:

Steiner on Ric Flair: I always knew he was a piece of garbage. Flair never drew when I was in the NWA and WCW. Flair had all of his friends booking him on top and we were not drawing. People can say what they want, but I was there and we did not draw nothing. They may have papered the crowd to make it look good for a Clash or a pay-per-view, but we did not draw. I can say for a fact that Flair at that time did not draw a dime. And they say he was the greatest? If you want an honest opinion, you ask somebody who they would rather be on the card with – Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair. If they don’t say Hulk Hogan, they’re out of their minds.

Steiner on Triple H: Look at Triple H’s career before he started (having sex with) the boss’ daughter: He lost to Ultimate Warrior in 30 seconds; he was losing to guys like Alex Wright in WCW; he lost to one of the Godwins in a pig slop match. And then all of a sudden he’s [having sex with] the boss’ daughter and he’s the toughest guy in the world. I’m not the only guy who thinks that.

Steiner on HBK: Shawn Michaels is one of those wise-cracking guys who would say a smart comment to you, but then if you face him, he would run and cry somewhere. That’s exactly what happened one time when he was cutting down the Harris Brothers – I think it was Don Harris. Finally, he had enough. He waited until Shawn Michaels got in the room, kicked everybody out of the room, shut the door, grabbed him by the neck and was going to pound the [heck] out of him. A tear came down his eye. He turned around, started laughing and walked out. That is Shawn Michaels in a nutshell.

lol. Yeah, Stiener, Flair never drew, HHH wasn't pushed to the top until after he started fucking Steph, and Shawn...well no the part about Shawn is probably right. And Hogan is the greatest. Gotta ya Steiner.

BigDaddyCool
05-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm surprised Stiener didn't start mentioning how they weren't high school/college athletes.

thedamndest
05-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Steiner probably has the mathematical theorems to prove all of this so don't question him.

Xero
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
HUH?

Destor
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Steiner probably has the mathematical theorems to prove all of this so don't question him.

thedamndest
05-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Destor
05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, you're probably right.

Vastardikai
05-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Here's the only mathematical Theorm necessary:

Too many bumps + too much roids/drugs = insanity.

Xero
05-28-2008, 03:35 PM
You forgot to divide the number of bumps by the weight of his chainmail.

Theo Dious
05-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm surprised Stiener didn't start mentioning how they weren't high school/college athletes.

I'm surprised he didn't call them drug addicted freaks while pointing out that he is totally natural.

Addtionally, yeah, I'm pretty sure Hunter was at least King of the Ring before Stephanie had any Game in her.

KingofKings
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I love steiner because he's funny when he doesnt even mean to be, his interview sounds abit bitter, but it is fuuny! lol

Bad Company
05-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Steiner is right, and is the man.
Triple H does suck shit.

BigDaddyCool
05-28-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm surprised he didn't call them drug addicted freaks while pointing out that he is totally natural.

Addtionally, yeah, I'm pretty sure Hunter was at least King of the Ring before Stephanie had any Game in her.

HHH first won a WWF world title 8/23/99, at the time he was still dating Chyna.

DrA
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
That Steiner, always good for a laugh.

Fox
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I agree that Triple H's position on the card has A LOT to do with his marriage to Steph. He might be right about Flair not being that big of a draw, but he's wrong about Flair not being one of the best in the business of all time. As far as Shawn goes, that story is probably true about the old Shawn Michaels, but not necessarily this new one.

Destor
05-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Flair was a huge draw.

Theo Dious
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
HHH first won a WWF world title 8/23/99, at the time he was still dating Chyna.

I rather thought so, but I didn't have any solid remembrances to the point, and the Penguins were coming on. :y:

Theo Dious
05-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Steiner on HBK: Shawn Michaels is one of those wise-cracking guys who would say a smart comment to you, but then if you face him, he would run and cry somewhere. That’s exactly what happened one time when he was cutting down the Harris Brothers – I think it was Don Harris. Finally, he had enough. He waited until Shawn Michaels got in the room, kicked everybody out of the room, shut the door, grabbed him by the neck and was going to pound the [heck] out of him. A tear came down his eye. He turned around, started laughing and walked out. That is Shawn Michaels in a nutshell.

Ok, if he kicked EVERYBODY out of the room, how does Steiner know what happened? :wtf:

Theo Dious
05-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Flair was a huge draw.

Apparently Steiner never heard the "we want Flair" chants that dominated WCW programming when Flair was with the WWF.

NYDon
05-29-2008, 01:14 AM
He buries Flair way more than that in the interview at Baltimore sun.He keeps it pretty tame with the Kliq but he goes pretty far with Flair.

FourFifty
05-29-2008, 01:34 AM
........Is this man giving an honest to god interview or cutting an anti WWE TNA style promo?

Rammsteinmad
05-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Steiner in his prime > Triple H in his prime.

Triple H now > Scott Steiner now.

BigDaddyCool
05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Why do people always bring up HHH's marriage as the reason for his position in WWE. His position in WWE is because of the kliq and politiking. The marriage was mostly after the fact and keeps him where he is at.

The One
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Steiner in his prime > Triple H in his prime.

Triple H now > Scott Steiner now.

:rofl: Seriously, I don't know when you'd consider Steiner in his prime, but in no way does he even begin to compare to Hunter in his prime.

Why do people always bring up HHH's marriage as the reason for his position in WWE. His position in WWE is because of the kliq and politiking. The marriage was mostly after the fact and keeps him where he is at.

Even there...I get the feeling that the only reason Stephanie remains to active in WWE is because of HHH, and not the other way around. I mean look at Shane, he's more or less gone. Plus, consider that the general feeling backstage is that if anything ever happened between Stephanie and Hunter that Vince would almost certainly side with Hunter.

Loose Cannon
05-29-2008, 11:41 AM
yea, Steiner's prime isn't even close to HHH's. Steiner's prime was in the late 80's/early 90's. They tried to make him a star at one point, even putting him one on one with Flair for the Title at a Clash, but it just never clicked.

He did a great job of redeveloping himself though both in character and with steroids (lol) and I will admit was great in 99/2000

The One
05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh no doubt he was awesome once he roided up and started doing his nWo thing. One of the best things to come from the black and white. BUT to even begin to compare him to Hunter is laughable. Hunter's prime (99-01) was some of the best work done by an in ring performer that we've ever seen, not to mention he was a top notch heel. Granted he had Austin and Rock to play off of, but it does take a special kind of guy to stand at the other side of the ring from those two and bring the other half of a "big match" feel to it.

BigDaddyCool
05-29-2008, 12:02 PM
HHH now > Steiner in his prime. Steiner now > HHH in 2002/2003 when he was getting boring, but that is only because Steiner is hilarious. But anyhow, HHH in his prime >>>> than Steiner any point in his career.

Vastardikai
05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Scott was fucked over royally by his brother. During the Steiners run in the WWE, they were starting the seeds of a split. Rick vetoed it and they left. It was close to 5 years before it eventually happened in WCW, when Scott was relatively sane and 100x more mobile.

What could have been...

Rob
05-29-2008, 01:34 PM
lol. Yeah, Stiener, Flair never drew, HHH wasn't pushed to the top until after he started fucking Steph, and Shawn...well no the part about Shawn is probably right. And Hogan is the greatest. Gotta ya Steiner.

Flair didn't draw in the period Steiner was talking about. HHH was fucking Steph on the side when he first got the WWF title (Steph admitted the timeline in previous interviews).

Steiner also never said HHH was a bad worker either.

BigDaddyCool
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Your mother.

Johnny Vegas
05-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok, if he kicked EVERYBODY out of the room, how does Steiner know what happened? :wtf:

lol

Y2Ant
05-31-2008, 12:28 PM
I wanna hear him say how Edge and Christian were holding down his brother.