PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read the book 'death of WCW'??

KingofKings
05-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Just wondered if it was any good and worth ordering??

I was a WCW guy and iv watched the monday night wars video, but just wnated to know more about how WCW went down.

BigDaddyCool
05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I've read it twice. It is very good. Just keep in mind it is all second hand information.

BigDaddyCool
05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Also, you aren't k4l.

KingofKings
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeaa thanks for that, i heard it was okaay but misguided because its second hand information. i just wanted something that wasnted created by WWE.

BigDaddyCool
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
No, it comes from the Wrestlecrap guys.

Gertner
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
It was FANTASTIC.

KingofKings
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Okaay nice one, looks like im guna get it ordered then, hopefully it will tell me things i never knew about! have some rep both of you!!

Disturbed316
05-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah its awesome, get it. Also, get Jericho's, a must read.

PapaGeorgio
05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
It is a very great book. I read it all in one day, couldn't put it down. Great read, highly recommended. Just get it already.

BigDaddyCool
05-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Andy Kaufman sucks.

KingofKings
05-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Okaay thanks for your replies, much appreciated!!

Hanso Amore
05-30-2008, 02:10 PM
If this book was a Chick with a Dick, I would fuck it.

RGWhat316
05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
It's been a little while since I've read it, but it was a great read. You really find yourself laughing out loud at some of the stuff they put in there. Mainly cus it was true.

Xero
05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I rarely read books but this one I couldn't put down. Really great and well worth it.

I also recommend WrestleCrap.

Does anyone have the WC Book of Lists? I've been meaning to pick it up but never got around to. How is it?

rob11
05-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Death of WCW was very good, even though it is 2nd hand info. Some parts were just plain hilarious and got me laughing out loud, especially when they talk about 1999 and 2000.
WC Book of Lists was hilarious. Another one where you will find yourself laughing pretty hard. They kinda go after Nash in both books.
Both are worth getting for any longtime smarks.

Rob
05-30-2008, 05:24 PM
No, it comes from the Wrestlecrap guys.

Wrestlecrap GUY - RD Reynolds. Bryan Alvarez isn't a associated with them. And the "second hand info" all came from guys like Chris Benoit who worked in WCW. And there is a TON of FACTS in there that is far from second hand info.

Great book anyways. Highly recommended.

BigDaddyCool
05-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Wrestlecrap GUY - RD Reynolds. Bryan Alvarez isn't a associated with them. And the "second hand info" all came from guys like Chris Benoit who worked in WCW. And there is a TON of FACTS in there that is far from second hand info.

Great book anyways. Highly recommended.

Chris Benoit is a child murderer, info from him is unreliable.

Anyhow, I didn't say that it isn't fact, I'm just saying there is a lot of opinions in the book about why they did this or that.

Disturbed316
05-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I rarely read books but this one I couldn't put down. Really great and well worth it.

I also recommend WrestleCrap.

Does anyone have the WC Book of Lists? I've been meaning to pick it up but never got around to. How is it?

WC List is ok, gets abit boring towards the end as, obviously, its just lists after lists after lists.

Still worth getting though.

NeanderCarl
05-31-2008, 06:01 PM
WrestleCrap Book of Lists may come across as a lazy effort after the first two, and it does kinda cover the same ground. More a book to dip into for a chuckle now and again, not so great to read from start to finish in one day, like I did.

Death of WCW is an informative read which offers little in the way of brand new info but documents some of the mind bending and oftentimes hilarious on and off screen decisions the company made in its dying years. Many parts are seriously laugh out loud. I especially like the breakdown of Sid's nonsensical "undefeated streak" (which would grow by the hundreds from week to week, even after televised losses) and baffling promos ("I'm going to win the World title, and when I've done that, I'm going to shake all over"). Also enjoyed the legendary story of Jericho's empty Fed Ex package.

rob11
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
WrestleCrap Book of Lists may come across as a lazy effort after the first two, and it does kinda cover the same ground. More a book to dip into for a chuckle now and again, not so great to read from start to finish in one day, like I did.

Death of WCW is an informative read which offers little in the way of brand new info but documents some of the mind bending and oftentimes hilarious on and off screen decisions the company made in its dying years. Many parts are seriously laugh out loud. I especially like the breakdown of Sid's nonsensical "undefeated streak" (which would grow by the hundreds from week to week, even after televised losses) and baffling promos ("I'm going to win the World title, and when I've done that, I'm going to shake all over"). Also enjoyed the legendary story of Jericho's empty Fed Ex package.

How about in Death of WCW when he talked about people making run ins and somehow getting pinfalls :lol:

Rob
06-01-2008, 04:13 AM
Chris Benoit is a child murderer, info from him is unreliable.

Anyhow, I didn't say that it isn't fact, I'm just saying there is a lot of opinions in the book about why they did this or that.

Unreliable because Benoit is a murderer? Bollocks. Konnan was a source too so his info is unreliable because he is Latino?

What exactly was opinion in the book? Just out of interest since I don't have it to hand.

James Steele
06-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Great book. Buy it now.

Gertner
06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
lol a part that made me laugh was when they talked about WCW stating that no more matches were going to be decided by DQ and then the next 3 matches were dq'd

NeanderCarl
06-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I think BDC was joking about Benoit, Rob.

NeanderCarl
06-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Most of the belly laughs in that book came at the expense of Sid Vicious.

NeanderCarl
06-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Let's not forget that they built Scott Hall into the most over superstar in the company, despite the fact that they'd fired him months earlier.

BigDaddyCool
06-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Unreliable because Benoit is a murderer? Bollocks. Konnan was a source too so his info is unreliable because he is Latino?

What exactly was opinion in the book? Just out of interest since I don't have it to hand.

Whoa, look at who is being racist now. Konnan is an unreliable source because there isn't a bridge he doesn't burn. Konnan is willing to talk shit on any one, him being latino just means it is hard to understand what he is saying.

As for opinion, Reynold's claims that Warrior was just brought in to job to Hogan just to feed Hogan's ego. In the Warrior DVD, Eric Bischoff claims they were going to bring Warrior in for more than that and they had big plans, but Warrior started squabbling about his contract. Warrior has pulled that kind of shit in WWF before hand, and I seem to remember a story or 2 about him pulling that kind of shit in indies. I can't recall any other specific examples, but that is what I meant by opinions.

DarKCentaur
06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
What I liked most about Death of WCW was the whole ratings angle, and it was awesome to see numbers-wise how badly WCW was beating WWF at one point, and how quickly it all fell apart.

Rob
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Whoa, look at who is being racist now. Konnan is an unreliable source because there isn't a bridge he doesn't burn. Konnan is willing to talk shit on any one, him being latino just means it is hard to understand what he is saying.

As for opinion, Reynold's claims that Warrior was just brought in to job to Hogan just to feed Hogan's ego. In the Warrior DVD, Eric Bischoff claims they were going to bring Warrior in for more than that and they had big plans, but Warrior started squabbling about his contract. Warrior has pulled that kind of shit in WWF before hand, and I seem to remember a story or 2 about him pulling that kind of shit in indies. I can't recall any other specific examples, but that is what I meant by opinions.

The racist part - Gotta give you that one :y:

Bischoff is a fucking liar though. They brought Warrior in to lose to Hogan. He only had a 6 month deal. If they didn't, they would have giving him a longer deal or not made him lose in first match in. Even Warrior says they brought him in so Hogan could get his win back.

I wouldn't be shocked to see WWE bring him in so HHH can get his win back.