PDA

View Full Version : Strangers with Candy

PapaGeorgio
05-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Watching my dvds of it and always forget how much I really love this show and the movie. Just so hilarious and different. Kind of surprised how long it lasted, but yeah a lot of great lines from this show.

Anyone else like this show, watch it? Discuss the greatness of it.

Here are some quotes from the show, maybe if you are lucky I'll search youtube for you. But yeah Amy Sedaris is one of my favorite female comedians.

Select quotations from Strangers With Candy:

"I cried when I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. And then I laughed REALLY hard. "

"Dear Diary, I'm sorry for all those hateful racist things I said about you. Everything's changed; I'm in love... something you would never understand you dirty, dirty, dirty Jew diary. Just kidding, just kidding. Jerri Blank."

"It's unthinkable, the atrocities that the Native Aamericans committed against the buffalo. No one is certain what exactly the Native Americans did to the poor creatures, but whatever it was, it caused the buffalo to become so depressed, that when the white men came, the buffalo committed suicide by jumping in front of the white men's muskets. "

"Sadly one half of all marriages end in divorce, that's over 75%. The other 25% end in drunk driving accidents. The choice is up to you, don't get married and then drink & drive. It's a recipe for disaster."

"I stole the T.V., did some more time."

"Double headed baby born to single breasted mother...the heads must fight to feed."