PDA

View Full Version : Another Hulk movie!?

YOUR Hero
05-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Are they following up from the 1st or are they completely ignoring it ever happened?

What's the word on it?

PapaGeorgio
05-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Pretty much a relaunch. Although from what I recall it does not deal with the origin, so in that sense a follow up. But besides the origin it pretty much ignores the other one.

ClockShot
05-31-2008, 10:10 PM
By the looks of previews and what I can tell, Betty Ross is by his side, but Thad Ross is taking a backseat. Tim Roth is the villian.

But yeah, PapaGeorgio is right. It's really a do-over after Ang Lee's misfire back in '03.

Savio
05-31-2008, 10:11 PM
what happened in the last movie?

YOUR Hero
05-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I heard no buzz about this movie at all. Now I see the trailer and I'm caught by surprise. Has there been any build up or buzz about it? LOL if it flops again. *another relaunch?*

McLegend
05-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Apparently Ed Norton was pissed that the movie wasn't 10 mintues longer.

PapaGeorgio
05-31-2008, 10:21 PM
It has had some good buzz, surprised you haven't heard about it till now. Although they have been keeping a lot of it hush hush for awhile. I hear good things, hopefully it'll be good. Ed Norton is behind it more than just starring in it, so it should be good.

YOUR Hero
05-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Apparently Ed Norton was pissed that the movie wasn't 10 mintues longer.

to make it a blockbuster?

McLegend
05-31-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't know exactly.

U-Warrior
05-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, there's been hype, but no trailers or screen shots til about a couple months ago.

Funky Fly
05-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Me want Hulk movie

U-Warrior
06-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Dunno why, but I'm totally uninterested in this. Maybe because of the awesomeness of Iron man, and how inevitably awesome dark knight will be, there is just no way this can measure up, in my mind.

road doggy dogg
06-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah I have no idea what the deal is. Saw a commercial the other day and was like "what, they just made this 3 years ago". What the fuck?
crossrine

Skippord
06-01-2008, 02:36 AM
This movie will be awesome

because Edward Norton is the man

Blitz
06-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Dunno why, but I'm totally uninterested in this. Maybe because of the awesomeness of Iron man, and how inevitably awesome dark knight will be, there is just no way this can measure up, in my mind.
Yeah pretty much my thoughts. Ed Norton is the man, but I am just not that interested in The Hulk.

Requiem
06-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Honestly, Ed Norton is the only reason I'm interested in The Hulk.

Jon Kano
06-01-2008, 08:52 AM
lol I can't get over how this is 'new news' to some of you. You live in shanty towns or something?, this has been huge news for over a year.

Ed Norton doesn't/won't/can't suit this film, although he'll be acceptable in it, I really think they coulda chose someone better.

I'm more looking forward to my countryman Tim 'fuckin' Roth. Think he's farken awesome if I'm being stark bollock honest. Which I am.

mitchables
06-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Kano, WTF. Norton is perfect to play Banner. Have you ever read a Hulk comic in your life?

Hero, also WTF. Kano is right, this movie has been news for well over a year.

And they're retelling the origin story. Or at least, "flashing back" to it in such a way to bring it more in line with the TV show than what happened in the other movie. So yes, there will be a new origin for the same character less than a decade after the previous film. Awesome planning, Marvel.

U-Warrior
06-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't think marvel could have planned that the first one would suck so hard.

YOUR Hero
06-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Gamma Rays!

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2008, 01:36 PM
The Ang Lee film was good for me, and I'm betting it'll be an overall better film than this one. This one does look fun, and then there's the connection to the new generation Marvel movies.

Jon Kano
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Kano, WTF. Norton is perfect to play Banner. Have you ever read a Hulk comic in your life?

OK, please let me contextualize my answer before you cak yourself again....

I am pretty sick and tired of people questioning people's personal opinion/preferences to these kinds of things. No, I have not read a Hulk comic, not once. Buy why does that matter? why does that make my opinion less? sure they are the source/foundation/roots of what an old-school, loyal, hardcore fan sees as being vital for adaptations of their beloved interests - But I mean, me watching Hulk cartoons are the first things I remember watching, my first T shirt that I wore everyday as a kid was a Hulk one, my fave superhero of all time.

Just because I have not the same affiliation with the Hulk saga as you, so what?

I like Edward Norton, I really do, he's a good lad. Awesome actor, just I really don't think I will dig him in this role.

I liked HULK. Granted it had faults, but I liked it. And I thought Bana was awesome for the most part, he did a good job, I liked how he would channel the fear of the Hulk kind of thing.

I dunno, I just don't think he looks like the Bruce Banner I would envision when I watched the cartoons or thought about it.

I don't doubt he'll do a good job, I just think there is a better person to do the job.

Kano is right

Safe

thedamndest
06-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Was hoping this was a Suburban Commando 2 thread.

U-Warrior
06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
OK, please let me contextualize my answer before you cak yourself again....

I am pretty sick and tired of people questioning people's personal opinion/preferences to these kinds of things. No, I have not read a Hulk comic, not once. Buy why does that matter? why does that make my opinion less? sure they are the source/foundation/roots of what an old-school, loyal, hardcore fan sees as being vital for adaptations of their beloved interests - But I mean, me watching Hulk cartoons are the first things I remember watching, my first T shirt that I wore everyday as a kid was a Hulk one, my fave superhero of all time.

Just because I have not the same affiliation with the Hulk saga as you, so what?

I like Edward Norton, I really do, he's a good lad. Awesome actor, just I really don't think I will dig him in this role.

I liked HULK. Granted it had faults, but I liked it. And I thought Bana was awesome for the most part, he did a good job, I liked how he would channel the fear of the Hulk kind of thing.

I dunno, I just don't think he looks like the Bruce Banner I would envision when I watched the cartoons or thought about it.

I don't doubt he'll do a good job, I just think there is a better person to do the job.

Safe

If you would have just said, that you were only going off the cartoon in your original post, mitch wouldn't have questioned your opinion at all.

And anyone who would choose the role for a character based on a failed 2 season(if that) cartoon, rather than an almost 5 decade mythology is legally retarded. So you will excuse me, if I disagree with you.

Jon Kano
06-03-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm not basing it on just the cartoon, the cartoon was merely a launching pad for my love of the Hulk and earliest memories of what I watched as a youngster. As I aged, still watching the cartoon, I then saw the TV series, picture books, the film and overtime, I gained my own personal idea of what Bruce Banner would look like If I were to see him as a real person, and most recently in a new film.

I just think Norton isn't the best choice out there for the role. Why is that so hard to believe, are you telling me is his the 100%, no doubt, perfect choice. Think carefully since you aint seen fuck all of the film yet. And also note that I have already said he will prob do a good job, just that he's not the best choice.

Lock Jaw
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Norton is an incredible actor and will do good in the role. However, that said, part of me wishes it was more of an unknown/actor that I don't care about. Because seeing the commercials all I do is go "HEY! It's Ed Norton!", but again, I am sure he will draw me in with his performance in the movie.

Mr Regal
06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
After viewing both trailers on numerous occasions i have come to the conclusion that this film is going to be as fucking awesome as Iron Man is.

Danny Electric
06-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Norton had a massive role in the screenplay.

The Mackem
06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I liked the first one, Bana was the man.

I don't get why they are ignoring something done just recently.

U-Warrior
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I liked the first one, Bana was the man.

I don't get why they are ignoring something done just recently.

Because you are in the minority, and the general populace believes that it was a travesty that is better left forgotten.

Personnaly, I didn't think it was great, but I didn't think it was bad either. It simply wasn't what I was expecting. A lot less action than I thought there'd be. Practicaly every action scene outside of the final battle, was shown in the previews. I think it tried to be more like the TV show than the comic.

The Mackem
06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Maybe it would be a let down if you had months of hype and then saw in at the cinema expecting some action fest. I only saw it on DVD and found it gripping and it had a good story behind it. Don't get me wrong it's no Batman Begins comparing it to other comic book films but I didn't find it awful unlike that Hellboy film.

I found it completely different to the TV show but I can't compare it to the comic because I've never read it.

Reavant
06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
just as long as they dont try and do the split screen shots that they did in the first one this movie will be fine.... thy tried to have the screen look like a comic book and it gave me a headache.

Lock Jaw
06-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I kinda liked all the split screen stuff in the first movie. Made it vaguely interesting. Though at times it was overused.

Shaggy
06-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Two new TV spots popped up today...

One of them featuring the cameo of Tony Stark in the film...

and the other of Hulk Screaming...."HULK SMASH!"

Reavant
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
links?

Heros Welcome
06-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Saw it today and thought it kicked all kinds of ass!

HULK SMASH!!!!!!

ClockShot
06-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, the film critics are giving it an average B right now. I assume the die hard fanboys are happy too?

Shaggy
06-13-2008, 11:52 PM
just saw it and felt the same way after it that i felt when seeing iron man...

The last 2 minutes is my favorite part. When the credits hit I looked at my younger cousin and we both just said "FUCK YES"

Reavant
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
what a fucking sweet movie

Fox
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Entertaining film. Not a great story though.

Mr Regal
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
It's the Hulk....it's about a big green monster smashing stuff...what exactly were you expecting?...hamlet.

Reavant
06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
shrek

Champion of Europa
06-18-2008, 07:44 PM
It was good. Not great, though. Iron Man was great.

MTH15
06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
This movie was great especially at the end. Not even gonna spoil it for some people

Skippord
06-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Sick movie

YOUR Hero
06-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Found myself in the theater watching this a few days ago. It was pretty good.

ClockShot
06-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Got back a little while ago. It was pretty good. Iron Man was the better film, however.

mitchables
06-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I enjoyed this immensely. As I said to my friend the other day, "it was no Iron Man. It was better than Spider-Man 2, and probably about as good as X-Men 2". I thought Norton was great, and the visuals were fantastic. Tim Roth made a pretty good Blonsky too, I enjoyed what they did with his character. And I'm glad they never really called him (the) "Abomination".

Stark's cameo = win. Plain and simple. It was like the icing on the cake.

Also I'm not putting spoiler in front of that, since there were references to it above and nobody minded, so whatever.

But yes. The fanboy is happy.