PDA

View Full Version : When will you get the fucking message Vincent?!

Renaissance man
06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
We are tired of john Cena! For Michael's sake, is there no other wrestler that you can give a push to?! Anybody but hhh,cena and orton! Don't you hear the people chanting for Jeff Hardy?

We should start a group: ABC (anyone but cena)

rant over

Mr. JL
06-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Jeff Hardy failed two Wellness Policy Tests within 8 months. Jeff would probablly be the Champion if he didn't. Its really his own damn fault.

You can't blame Vince for not wanting to push the guy to the title right away after being suspended for 60 Days.

Renaissance man
06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I know I know but do we really need superasshole cena in the main event *again*?!

Xero
06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Can you get the fucking message that Cena is a merchandise powerhouse and he isn't going anywhere?

As long as the ratings don't dramtically fall or he stops selling merchandise, I don't think he'll be changing much.

As for Jeff, they need to wait AT LEAST a year before considering letting him run with the belt.

Xero
06-03-2008, 02:35 PM
And besides, he actually OPENED for the last PPV (before ONS). Clearly he got a depush for a bit.

But really, it should be ABE: Anything But "Entertainment". They just need to tweak Cena a bit and he could be a huge draw. But with the current Entertainment before Pro Wrestling bullshit it will not stop. Stop making movies and start booking wrestling.

Renaissance man
06-03-2008, 02:36 PM
pfff

The Optimist
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
If they don't realize that no one in the real world cares anymore, that they don't have Austin vs. McMahon or Goldberg or any real phenomenon on their hands then they should at least recognize how bad their storytelling is with Cena overcoming all the odds every two months.

Renaissance man
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I personally think Vince is on cruise control to a casket. He just doesnt care anymore.

RVDmark
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I agree. If Jeff couldn't go over Cena (for obvious reasons). Then Jeff shouldn't be in a match with him. Of course now Cena is with Mickie James it'll all be different and fresh this time round.[Somuchfuckingsarcasmyouwouldn'tbelieve]

The only thing I wat to see on TV involving Cena is the Rock returning and saying "Thanks for holding my place, you may go now". And Cena is never seen again. It really is a shame Cena's not a heel.

But it all comes down to Vince. Vince must be the most paranoid man in the world. I mean anyone who has to show that they are THE BOSS 24/7 really does come off as insecure, paranoid, possibly schizophrenic, and his grapefruits are probably more like prunes after all the roids he has done. And he has done them, just look at him.

I recently read an issue of PowerSlam magazine round a mates house. It had an interview with an ex wwe creative writer. He was saying that when you are tired, homesick and miss your family how can you tell your boss [Vince] who works twice as hard that you need a break.

Somehow I think Vince mustn't realise that he has his family with him for most of the time. Vince having all that money really is a waste, what does he do with it? To me Vince needs to spend som time in reality and get a grip on what people ant from a wrestling show. Yeah I know its called Sports Entertainment now, but the attitude era had loads of wrestling and was still entertaining. Now its just a soap opera with badly written scripts and poorly choreographed fights. JBL / Cena at ONS bored the hell out of me. Neither man can wrestle, or if they can they choose not to on a far too regular basis.

Long live wrestling, fuck Sports Etertainment, Get The F Back in!!!

Renaissance man
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Well said RVDmark!

SammyG
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Shut the fuck up Renaissance Man.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-03-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm telling you, Cena shoulda date-raped Mickie. THEN challenge for the WWE Title.

My thoughts last night were that Jeff would win and Cena would lose a few title shots/title matches in a row, blame it on Mickie, and then Orton her,

Renaissance man
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Shut the fuck up Renaissance Man.

Ah sweety, why so angry hmm snuckums?

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Well said, indeed, RVDmark. You bring up some points I never thought of, myself. Definite food for thought, sir. :y:

BigDaddyCool
06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I think Cena is going heel.

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Jeff Hardy failed two Wellness Policy Tests within 8 months. Jeff would probablly be the Champion if he didn't. Its really his own damn fault.

You can't blame Vince for not wanting to push the guy to the title right away after being suspended for 60 Days.

Vince keeps pushing him anyway. While I agree, it'd be a dumb idea to give Hardy the strap, consider what we're talking here.

Mooияakeя™
06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Big mash up. get some gangs on the go. Not dX, but some new stables. Cena, Orton and Ted DeeBee jr. Money inc. and get Ted sr. to manage them. fuck whack Cody in there too. Ted & Cody can tag team and the other two can each do whatever. Just mash it up. Uber TV, funny and entertaining and something to care about.

Fox
06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Can you get the fucking message that Cena is a merchandise powerhouse and he isn't going anywhere?

As long as the ratings don't dramtically fall or he stops selling merchandise, I don't think he'll be changing much.

As for Jeff, they need to wait AT LEAST a year before considering letting him run with the belt.

But, if I'm not mistaken, Jeff Hardy has sold more merchandise than Cena over his WWE career, and continues to be one of the highest selling superstars on the roster. You go to shopzone.com and Jeff has 3 items in the Top 10 list; Cena has 1. Jeff and Matt's DVD has been #1 for a few weeks now - how long was Cena's at #1?

So it begs to question, do you push Cena, who the male fans absolutely hate, or Jeff Hardy, who has had issues with drug policies in the past but is inarguably more over? Which is the lesser of two evils?

In my opinion, you push Jeff. I mean, unless you want to keep getting 2.9 ratings.

Russenmafia
06-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Im delighted that Super Cena is back in the title picture. I can't wait to see him overcome the odds by beating HHH at the next PPV.:rofl:

Xero
06-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Cena is still one of, if not THE hottest seller overall currently.

What if the ratings stay the same with Hardy as champion?

Honestly, without a drastic change in direction, there will be a slight spike for a few weeks. Then they'll realize that nothing has changed except the druggie got some bling, Triple H is still the center of the show, and Cena is still superman.

One title push isn't going to change much for the positive.

On the other hand, one title push put on someone who is a known drug addict with a second strike and possibly gets fired during the run? Yeah, not a positive. In fact, it's a big public negative, and since WWE is a publicly traded company (probably one of Vince's biggest mistakes in hindsight) shareholders are going to wonder why Hardy, only after a few months from returning from a suspension and with known drug problems, is getting a title push and being pushed as the face of the company. They're going to start wondering (if they aren't already) if the Wellness policy is just to cover Vince's ass and if he really cares or not for the talents' well being.

I don't think they should rule out Jeff as a title holder, but they need to wait it out again, let the heat die down and see if he stays clean. If he's clean for a year, they can consider it.

MCEazy
06-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I'd be all for hardy winning the title, however i can't shake the scary thought of the whole RVD situation happening all over again... That being said HHH vs. Cena is really old fuken news that nobody cares about but aside from hardy, who else could possible be in the main event at this point?

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Anybody could be in the main event. Bradshaw didn't make a transition from Some Guy to Main Eventer. He just suddenly switched. If Jiggletits can do it, so can anybody else.

Xero
06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Are we talking anybody to main event or main event to title?

Both are pretty different...

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Either or. In all seriousness, Bradshaw moved up for no real reason, except to add a new face to the main event and show a little love for a mediocre vet. Along those lines, have Richards win a battle royal of sorts, a la ONS, for a #1 contenders match. He wins the match, under whatever styipulation, but the champ he faces gives him the business, calling him a joke and waste of a ppv match. Richards kicks him, in the way that JBL clotheslined Eddie to make his initial statement, and Richards starts winning in notable ways, just as it worked for JBL. Not so long and prominent, perhaps, but winning as a champ.

And no, it doesn't have to be Richards, he's just an example. But if they want to bring back the element of surprise, then you've got to start surprising people. After all...anything can happen in the WWE.

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Cena is still one of, if not THE hottest seller overall currently.

What if the ratings stay the same with Hardy as champion?

Honestly, without a drastic change in direction, there will be a slight spike for a few weeks. Then they'll realize that nothing has changed except the druggie got some bling, Triple H is still the center of the show, and Cena is still superman.

One title push isn't going to change much for the positive.

On the other hand, one title push put on someone who is a known drug addict with a second strike and possibly gets fired during the run? Yeah, not a positive. In fact, it's a big public negative, and since WWE is a publicly traded company (probably one of Vince's biggest mistakes in hindsight) shareholders are going to wonder why Hardy, only after a few months from returning from a suspension and with known drug problems, is getting a title push and being pushed as the face of the company. They're going to start wondering (if they aren't already) if the Wellness policy is just to cover Vince's ass and if he really cares or not for the talents' well being.

I don't think they should rule out Jeff as a title holder, but they need to wait it out again, let the heat die down and see if he stays clean. If he's clean for a year, they can consider it.

I've got ot say, if Hardy was on top, his merch would sell very well. Maybe not Cena level, but it's really hard to say.

By the way, being a publically traded company has made Vince fucking rich. If that's a mistake, I'm not sure I want to be right.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Quick Q. With the Wellness policy, do strikes ever drop off? Like can Hardy, if he stays clean for a length of time, be back at square 1?

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I would think so. Probably takes at least a year, tho.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
That's not to say I"m in the know. But it makes sense.

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Quick Q. With the Wellness policy, do strikes ever drop off? Like can Hardy, if he stays clean for a length of time, be back at square 1?

They have not made it clear.

Nark Order
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Anybody could be in the main event. Bradshaw didn't make a transition from Some Guy to Main Eventer. He just suddenly switched. If Jiggletits can do it, so can anybody else.

It probably helps that JBL is one of the, if not THE best mic worker in the company though...

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Hollering at a microphone doesn't make you that great. He's just abbrasive and loud.

KingofKings
06-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I dont think its just cena, its just the way the WWE is being handled now. Its more about entertainment than por wrestling. Cena is actually a pretty good wrestler if u watch him in his earlier days, but the WWE doesnt want that now, they dont want to risk injury to their top stars so they cap what kind of moves they do!

To vince, its all about entertainment, and while ever its about that, you will always get a gimmick rising above someone witha actual wrestling talent but not much charisma! This is why TNA needs to take advantage of this and go back to the old fashioned way of pro wrestling and actually concntrate on wrestling instead of gimmicks! get a core set of fans and watch it grow from there!

Theo Dious
06-03-2008, 08:41 PM
JBL DOES have that sense of exactly how to condescend to a crowd, and exactly how to get a real heel reaction. It's not all being loud and obnoxious, he has the rare talent to be able to grab heat just by enjoying being hated.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
That may be. But Bradshaw was not known for his public speaking skills when he got his push. And Jeff is no big talker, but his feud with Orton was the hottest thing going since the DX reunion. It takes New to be Exciting. That's my point.

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
It probably helps that JBL is one of the, if not THE best mic worker in the company though...

And yet, he didn't draw for shit.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
He will once he gets his damn torch back, though.

FourFifty
06-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Here's my theory on this: Strike 3 is getting canned, right?
But who says they can't get re-hired after a 90 days of not going in the ring?
Hardy slips up, he's gone for three months, resigns, and he can win the title in time for Survivor Series.

And don't tell me Vince wouldn't do it. He resigned the Warrior and had 583.58 "last matches" for Hogan. If Vince thinks it's a draw (and hasn't slept with Steph) he'll book it.

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2008, 05:36 AM
I think we'd be getting Triple H vs. William Regal if it weren't for the King's suspension. It's a shame. To be honest, though, given everything that's gone down, Triple H vs. John Cena makes the most sense heading into Night of Champions. I am of the mind that Triple H should win, but I would mark out if John Cena turned heel, started being an asshole to Mickie James, and won the WWE Title. Just throwing it out there.

Also, as far as JBL goes, while he has always been a good talker, he was not considered "one of the best" until way into his run as "John Bradshaw Layfield." It's something that became apparent once he had been WWE Champion for several months. It also wasn't enough to make people think he deserved to be champion.

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2008, 05:37 AM
And, by the way, I think we'd have seen William Regal actually win the WWE Championship, too. Not cleanly, I'm sure, but I think we would have got Regal as WWE Champion, King of the Ring and RAW General Manager.

Kane Knight
06-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Here's my theory on this: Strike 3 is getting canned, right?
But who says they can't get re-hired after a 90 days of not going in the ring?
Hardy slips up, he's gone for three months, resigns, and he can win the title in time for Survivor Series.

And don't tell me Vince wouldn't do it. He resigned the Warrior and had 583.58 "last matches" for Hogan. If Vince thinks it's a draw (and hasn't slept with Steph) he'll book it.

Did Warrior violate the Wellness Policy in a public company?

McLegend
06-04-2008, 12:55 PM
I think Vincent got the message when no one showed up at his table.