Destor
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Who's trying to win the money?

MCEazy
06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
considering canada's excluded annoyingly :(, i voted Crossine

Theo Dious
06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, like Vince is going to ship a million dollars out of the country.

Londoner
06-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Like i even have a chance of getting any of it.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't think anyone is "trying" to win. You're basically signing up for a raffle. There's no advantage to take, it's the luck of the draw. And yes, I want the money. With this economy, who wouldn't?

SammyG
06-03-2008, 06:26 PM
lol of course I want the money. I signed up during Raw, and I signed up this morning again, too. Might as well give it a shot. Do not know what I'd do if Vince Mcmahon called me, though. Would flip the fuck out.

Londoner
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
anyone got the link to it? or is the uk excluded like canada is?

Xero
06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Don't really care.

But it would be hilarious if some smark got it, and assuming the calls are aired, started to say some nasty shit, maybe in a non-obvious way.

Vince: Who's your favorite superstar?

Smark: Cena. Man, that man is so awesome. He has the Fuck You, the Shut The Fuck Up, the Five Knuckle Steph Fucker...... Hello?

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Have to be an American, mate.

Londoner
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Fuck that then.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I'll split it with you if I win.

Londoner
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Cool, i'll rep you forever if that happens!

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
You got it, bud. :y:

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah how is this rewarding the fans if it's only eligible to Americans.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Every game has it's rules. Hell, Nationwide Insurance is only available in, like, 30 states. Besides, for an American company to give out a chunk of cash to a foreign body when the economy is so shit -- well, it doesn't look all that great.

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
It just makes us feel like shit though :( Like I have to watch Vince come out every week and yap on about something I can't even be a part of.

I see your point though Afterlife.

Innovator
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Vince: You just won a 250k!

Me:....so how much of it do you want back to push Punk right?

ClockShot
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah. When 5th place is $51,998 and 6th is only $2.00, something is up.

Londoner
06-03-2008, 07:43 PM
lol thats pretty fucked up.

Xero
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Vince: You just won a 250k!

Me:....so how much of it do you want back to push Punk right?

Vince: All of it.

You: Ok, keep it and push him!

Vince: What I do is right! Thanks for saving me $250k!

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Every game has it's rules. Hell, Nationwide Insurance is only available in, like, 30 states. Besides, for an American company to give out a chunk of cash to a foreign body when the economy is so shit -- well, it doesn't look all that great.

Not only that, but there are a lot more hoops to jump through to make a contest work internationally, in a legal sense. It's usually not worth the hassle.

Also, I mean, WWE is trying to boost American viewership, their primary market. Why would they include foreign fans?

Londoner
06-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Cause foreign fans are important to perhaps?

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh well a million dollars is only worth like 500k over here anyway :p

Londoner
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Could do with that though!!

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Haha aye wouldn't say no...

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Cause foreign fans are important to perhaps?

You're never going to be as important, though. I'm not saying "Fuck off, ferners!" but let's be a little realistic. You market to your primary consumers. You market to the people who will buy the most T-Shirts, whose ratings matter most, etc. For an American company with a primarily American base and so on and so forth, you don't give a million to foreigners.

Of course, nobody's asking you to like it, but that's how it is.

Oh well a million dollars is only worth like 500k over here anyway :pAnd you still spend like 2 times what we do on entertainment and luxury items...:lol:

Anybody Thrilla
06-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Don't really care.

But it would be hilarious if some smark got it, and assuming the calls are aired, started to say some nasty shit, maybe in a non-obvious way.

Vince: Who's your favorite superstar?

Smark: Cena. Man, that man is so awesome. He has the Fuck You, the Shut The Fuck Up, the Five Knuckle Steph Fucker...... Hello?

If they were calling trying to give me money, I doubt I would be that much of a douche bag.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
:Vince calls on Live Tv.:

Me: Hello?

Vince: This is Vince McMahon!

Me: Get the fuck out!

Vince: In a related topic, your FCC fine will be covered by the exact ammount you just won.

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
And you still spend like 2 times what we do on entertainment and luxury items...:lol:

:'( Oh well, atleast I feel like a rich man whenever I come to the US :D

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
In all seriousness, it works out cheaper going on holiday to the US than it does going to Europe from the UK these days. Provided you can get a decently priced flight (which you often can these days as the number of routes across the pond keeps increasing) your accomodation and living prices once you're there are ridiculously cheap.

Team Sheep
06-03-2008, 09:40 PM
And when I say Europe I don't mean The Costa del Sol :lol:

NoRoolz
06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey, I used to live on the Costa del Sol :rant:

NoRoolz
06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Also, Crossrine.

The One
06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
The fraction of a chance to win is so small that it's not worth my time to sit and watch RAW. I'd rather spend a couple of dollars to play lotto than a couple of hours to play McMahon-Monaaayyy.

(P.S. I don't play lotto)

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
That's kind of ignorant.

The One
06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
And, what dear sir, is ignorant about that exactly?

Juan
06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah I signed up during Raw.

FourFifty
06-03-2008, 10:40 PM
If I get the call I'm going to whore out Crossrine.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 10:47 PM
And, what dear sir, is ignorant about that exactly?

First of all, Watching Raw is the point of the money thing. If you're not a fan, you wouldn't sign up.

Secondly, the more people that carry your attitude, the greater the odds of winning.

The One
06-03-2008, 10:53 PM
:nono: Uh, I don't watch RAW, I don't watch any WWE programming because I've found that I enjoy my life more without having 5 hours of stuff to bitch about clogging up my days. I still watch wrestling, but Vince & Co ain't it anymore. So, in order for me to enter would require that I change that stance and begin to watch, hence my original statement that it's not worth my time and I'd rather give a couple of bucks to the state lotto than a couple of hours to McMahon.

And if choosing not to watch WWE and partaking in their obvious attempt to garner even a few more steady viewers is ignorant, than we live in one fucking dumb world.

Actually, we do live in a world predominately run by idiots, but that's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with this contest. :p

Destor
06-03-2008, 10:54 PM
You don't have to watch TOVO, they'll call you, then you can just flick the TV over...:shifty:

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I was talking about the logic, not your life. No offense intended.

FourFifty
06-03-2008, 11:15 PM
:nono: Uh, I don't watch RAW, I don't watch any WWE programming because I've found that I enjoy my life more without having 5 hours of stuff to bitch about clogging up my days. I still watch wrestling, but Vince & Co ain't it anymore. So, in order for me to enter would require that I change that stance and begin to watch, hence my original statement that it's not worth my time and I'd rather give a couple of bucks to the state lotto than a couple of hours to McMahon.

And if choosing not to watch WWE and partaking in their obvious attempt to garner even a few more steady viewers is ignorant, than we live in one fucking dumb world.

Actually, we do live in a world predominately run by idiots, but that's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with this contest. :p

<strike>I think you can go to wwe.com to get the code also, but you have to do it during Raw sometime.</strike>
Sucks for you then. It looks like my chances of winning just improved by one person.

Team Sheep
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey, I used to live on the Costa del Sol :rant:

Ooops :$

Hehe Costa Del Street Crime.

NoRoolz
06-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Ooops :$

Hehe Costa Del Street Crime.

lol yeah that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

The amount of people who've been on that show that I know/have seen about is silly. Someone told me I was on it once, not doing anything illegal like, just watching these two skinheads brawl outside a bar at like 2pm.

Fun times.

Kane Knight
06-04-2008, 11:38 AM
In all seriousness, it works out cheaper going on holiday to the US than it does going to Europe from the UK these days. Provided you can get a decently priced flight (which you often can these days as the number of routes across the pond keeps increasing) your accomodation and living prices once you're there are ridiculously cheap.

Yet you can still do Europe on an American's bank roll...

The fraction of a chance to win is so small that it's not worth my time to sit and watch RAW. I'd rather spend a couple of dollars to play lotto than a couple of hours to play McMahon-Monaaayyy.

(P.S. I don't play lotto)

That's the thing. I was wondering what the catch was going to be, and it's two pronged. I mean, one, you can only win 250,000 dollars (still a nice lump of change, mind), not a full million. Two, and this is really no surprise, you've actually got to watch the show (Or visit WWE.com to find out how to get the code, but I don't know how many people NOTICED that). They want to buy your viewership, so it's no surprise. Still, I can't be arsed.

Also, I loved Vince's little rant on everyone who thinks they're too good to watch Raw.

Yes, Vince. Only about 5 million people in a country of over 3 million people aren't elitist snobs.

Or maybe they really are above you. I mean, I know it's a stump speech to pander to the people who still watch, but the nation's moved on. Even most of the trailer trash has moved on. You're moving back to Carnie entertainment--ableit still as a success.

Team Sheep
06-04-2008, 12:41 PM
lol yeah that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

The amount of people who've been on that show that I know/have seen about is silly. Someone told me I was on it once, not doing anything illegal like, just watching these two skinheads brawl outside a bar at like 2pm.

Fun times.

Haha. My brother watches it. He loves all that trashy stuff on Bravo. I've been there once. I was only like 13/14 though. Saw some pretty wild stuff at that age. I wonder what I'd see if I went back now! Every Brit and his dog seems to be found there every Summer. Lot of Irish too.