PDA

View Full Version : Batista demands another title shot *Full Smackdown Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
06-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Credit: Prowrestling.com

Dark Match

1) MVP defeats Jamie Nobel with a running kick in the corner.

SmackDown

~The WWE Production Crew is currently changing the set from ECW to SmackDown.

~Lots of champagne and ice being set up in the ring for the opening segment.

Show Opens

~La Familia is in the ring. Vickie is getting a ton of heat as usual. She introduces "The man who banished the Undertaker from WWE forever, Edge!". Edge comes out and dedicates his win to La Familia. He says that Vickie completes him. Edge says Taker should thank Edge for allowing him to leave with dignity. Edge toasts to the deadman saying he can now "rest in peace".

The lights go out teasing a Taker appearance, but it was a Matt Hardy style swerve by Edge. Vickie announces her and Edge's wedding for July 11th. Batista's music then hits. Batista asks why he wasn't invited to the party. Then in classic Batista fashion, he congratulates the two and says he hopes they're happy ... then says he DOESN'T MEAN IT! He challenges Edge for the belt but Vickie says NO! For Batista to get a shot he must win in an eight man tag tonight where Vickie chooses his three partners. If Edge wins the match, Batista gets no more title shots EVER!

1) Finlay defeats Chuck Palumbo in a Belfast Brawl. They battled outside for a bit. Chuck removes a turnbuckle pad and goes for his chain but gets a low blow from Hornswoggle. Finlay hits Chuck with the chain for the pin.

~MVP is shown sitting in the back by himself.

~Big Show is out for a promo.

~Big Show comes out for a promo. He talks briefly about becoming #1 contender to the ECW Championship and shows some clips. Mark Henry interrupts and says all Big Show did was get put in a match with sticks to become #1 contender. Henry challenges Show ... then retreats again.

~Backstage Piper is warming up with Cousin Sal.

2) The Great Khali squashes Deuce & Domino in a handicap match. Khali was getting a face reaction throughout.

~Vickie Guerrero is backstage with the Divas. She brags about having absolute power and compares herself to Fabulous Moolah. Vickie says she's going to crown a Diva Champion on Smackdown soon.

3) Cousin Sal defeated Santino. Jimmy tripped Santino and Sal won with a roll up.

~John Morrison and Miz are backstage and run in to Hornswoggle. They torment him for a minute before Finlay arrives. Hornswoggle blasts them both with a super soaker. This will not be stood for in the Palace of Wisdom.

~Edge pulls Chavo aside backstage, says he'll soon be his "uncle Edge", and asks him to be best man at he and Vickie's wedding.

4) Natalya defeats Cherry, Maryse, Victoria, Layle El, and Michelle McCool to advance to Night of Champions.

5) Vladimir Kozlov defeats Jimmy Yang with a belly to belly suplex. Kozlov continues the assault until Shannon Moore makes the save.

Batista's partners for the 8 man are Nunzio, Funaki, and Colin Delaney!

6) Batista, Funaki, Nunzio, and Colin Delaney defeats Hawkins, Ryder, Edge, and Chavo when Batista pins Ryder with the Batista Bomb. Edge will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Batista at Night of Champions.
---------

This will be updated as they come in.

Juan
06-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Dammit :mad:

KingofOldSchool
06-04-2008, 12:02 AM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll96/MDB913/album%202/batistacode.jpg

Juan
06-04-2008, 12:05 AM
:rofl:

KingofOldSchool
06-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Well looks like they are making a belt for Natalya and McTaker to feud over.

KingofOldSchool
06-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Uncle Edge!

KingofOldSchool
06-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Full spoilers are up.

Vastardikai
06-04-2008, 01:41 AM

You know, a one-off feud between Edge and Matt Hardy might, I don't know... DRAW!

Because:

A. Matt is always over.
B. There's a built in thing...
C. It wouldn't be the Same Old Shit.

I'm not saying that as a Matt Hardy mark. I'm just saying that as someone who would desire something different.

Then again, who gives a shit about different? This is WWE...

Lux
06-04-2008, 01:47 AM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll96/MDB913/album%202/batistacode.jpg

*sigh* sadly its true

RGWhat316
06-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Damn, why is Khali back already???? This is not a good week of wrestling for me.

Jura
06-04-2008, 02:12 AM
It doesn't say anything about Matt Hardy being on the show. Only something about a "Matt Hardy style swerve by Edge". What the hell is a Matty Hardy style swerve anyways? And Shannon saving Jimmy from a big guy like Kozlov? ok. I would like to see the look on Batista's face when his partners are announced though.

Vastardikai
06-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Only something about a "Matt Hardy style swerve by Edge". What the hell is a Matty Hardy style swerve anyways?

From the Edge-Lita wedding, when the preacher asks for objections, there are none. Then he continues...

"Ohhh Yeah"

MASSIVE pop.

But it was just a joke on the fans played by Edge. Hence, "Matt Hardy style swerve."

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2008, 04:28 AM
The best thing about this show is FUNAKI and NUNZIO winning a FUCKING MAIN EVENT! Actually, Nunzio recently won another main event when he was part of the ECW team that defeated Triple H and Mr. Kennedy. Nunzio should get some kind of "I win main event matches" gimmick. It would have been more glorious if Batista had Bombed someone, and then put Funaki on top for the pin. The WWE needs to do shit like this occasionally.

Also, no US Champion heading into Night of Champions? Is that wise? Looks like we're building towards Finlay & Hornswoggle challenging John Morrison & The Miz, which could actually be pretty cool.

The Great Khali is not someone I am happy to see back, but I'd prefer him as a face, to be honest. He really needs to get himself a "little buddy" and a WWE Tag Team Championship run. I could actually get into Khali if he was teaming with Funaki, for example. Gives a deserving talent a credible way to get some air-time and a championship reign.

The Diva Championship is something that's been coming for a while. They'll probably need to get some more women workers on SmackDown!, though. Or just fucking re-hire Molly Holly and Jazz.

If Chavo Guerrero ruins the wedding between Vickie Guerrero and "Uncle Edge," for whatever reason, I will mark out. I like Chavo as a face.

D Mac
06-04-2008, 05:49 AM
If Batista loses at Night of Champions he's out of title contention right?

:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2008, 05:51 AM
He'll go to RAW and demand title shots, claiming to be a three-time WWE Champion. You know, because specific World Title belts are interchangeable.

Londoner
06-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Hey wtf nunzio won a match?!?!?!?!!?!? Guess they saw the thread on tpww about that...

edit: 9,000 posts!

Evil Vito
06-04-2008, 08:43 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Ugh...Bats again. :-\

Khali back kinda pisses me off...should be interesting to see him as a face though. I'm a little miffed they had him squash DnD, because I thought they were about to be receiving a push...then again I'm pretty sure they will always be a jobber team just because of their gimmick, even though that's what makes me like them.

Divas title should be somewhat interesting, though I wouldn't be shocked if the new title lasts all of a week before the Divas champ gets drafted to Raw. That could be mildly entertaining having Natalya claim SHE is the real Women's champ and feuding with Mickie.

MVP is definitely going to Raw. Kennedy was pretty much not used before the draft in the same manner MVP is going now...that is to say, not at all. He shouldn't be moved, but he will be.

Also for some reason I see Vladimir Kozlov squashing Hardy and winning the US Title while staying undefeated. Just seems like a WWE move.</font> :-\

Londoner
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
So we got cena and batista competing once again for the titles..great eh..

Xero
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
How about instead of booking a new title in a division that most people use as the piss break they focus on something like, I don't know, the tag division?

Jura
06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
From the Edge-Lita wedding, when the preacher asks for objections, there are none. Then he continues...

"Ohhh Yeah"

MASSIVE pop.

But it was just a joke on the fans played by Edge. Hence, "Matt Hardy style swerve."
I see. I wasn't watching wrestling when that happened but the swerve I'm most familiar with is Shawn Michaels playing Bret Hart's music to fake out the crowd.

Kane Knight
06-04-2008, 11:39 AM

You know, a one-off feud between Edge and Matt Hardy might, I don't know... DRAW!

Because:

A. Matt is always over.
B. There's a built in thing...
C. It wouldn't be the Same Old Shit.

I'm not saying that as a Matt Hardy mark. I'm just saying that as someone who would desire something different.

Then again, who gives a shit about different? This is WWE...

Hey, Edge might even get some heat out of it...Until two weeks after the feud ends.

DarKCentaur
06-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Remember when Batista lost a Last Chance against Edge, stating that he'd never get another title shot as long as Edge held the belt?

KingofOldSchool
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Remember when Batista lost a Last Chance against Edge, stating that he'd never get another title shot as long as Edge held the belt?

Batista lost?

Lux
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM

Congrats :)

ClockShot
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Jesus. Dancing Dave again? Smackdown better fucking loot the rosters and get some talent at the draft.

Kenny
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I like Batista, I really do. However, he's lost almost all of his credibility.

Batista is a MONSTER, defeating Triple H for the WWE Title and smashing his way through the competition. An injury forces him to surrender the title. Cool!

Batista comes back and loses to Booker T like 3 times, before finally regaining the title. He then loses to The Undertaker and after several failed attempts at regaining the title, Taker loses the belt to Edge.

Batista unsuccessfully tries to regain the title 3 times, and loses his right to compete for the title. Then Edge gets hurt.

So, Khali wins the title... and Batista unsuccessfully tries to get the title from Khali. He finally does win it again in a triple threat match with Rey Mysterio.

Okay, back on track!

Not long after, he loses it to Edge in a Triple threat with Taker.

Back where we started.

Batista will NOT win the title at Night of Champions. If he does, it will be because of some kind of Undertaker lights dimming come back tease or something. Other than that, Batista will lose and we'll be stuck with Edge as champion until he gets hurt again.

Gertner
06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey wtf nunzio won a match?!?!?!?!!?!? Guess they saw the thread on tpww about that...

WWE reads my threads.

Lux
06-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I like Batista, I really do. However, he's lost almost all of his credibility.

Batista is a MONSTER, defeating Triple H for the WWE Title and smashing his way through the competition. An injury forces him to surrender the title. Cool!

Batista comes back and loses to Booker T like 3 times, before finally regaining the title. He then loses to The Undertaker and after several failed attempts at regaining the title, Taker loses the belt to Edge.

Batista unsuccessfully tries to regain the title 3 times, and loses his right to compete for the title. Then Edge gets hurt.

So, Khali wins the title... and Batista unsuccessfully tries to get the title from Khali. He finally does win it again in a triple threat match with Rey Mysterio.

Okay, back on track!

Not long after, he loses it to Edge in a Triple threat with Taker.

Back where we started.

Batista will NOT win the title at Night of Champions. If he does, it will be because of some kind of Undertaker lights dimming come back tease or something. Other than that, Batista will lose and we'll be stuck with Edge as champion until he gets hurt again.

Edge as champion rocks

Volare
06-05-2008, 03:07 AM
IMO, the only 3 I'll see in the "Divas Title" are....Natalya, Michelle McCool and Victoria....cause come on now, that's the 3 on Smackdown! that again IMO know their stuff.

Lux
06-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Michelle McCool knows her stuff??? not only will Natalya wipe the floor with her but Victoria will come in to clean up scraps, in honesty Natalya will own her ass though

NoRoolz
06-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I despise the Edge/Taker/Bats rotation system. Now we get probably 3 PPV's of Batista/Edge. I really, reallly hope the draft changes all this.

Smackdown is appalling. I like Edge, I like 'La Familia' and I like a few workers, but seriously Smackdown is fucking terrible.

Although I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Lux
06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I despise the Edge/Taker/Bats rotation system. Now we get probably 3 PPV's of Batista/Edge. I really, reallly hope the draft changes all this.

Edge is better then batista and you know it

Kane Knight
06-05-2008, 09:31 PM

Bats>Edge. That's all.

The Show Off
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Bats>Edge. That's all.

If by Bats>Edge you mean...

Winged nocturnal animals are better than The Edge from U2 that...

Well you're still wrong in that case.

Lux
06-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Bats>Edge. That's all.

In which ways, between the two you already know that Edge has ten times more charisma then Bats and he's more entertaining :p

Xerzes
06-06-2008, 04:54 AM
If by Bats>Edge you mean...

Winged nocturnal animals are better than The Edge from U2 that...

Well you're still wrong in that case.

No, he'd be right, then. Fuck U2.

But yeah, fuck Batista.

NoRoolz
06-06-2008, 10:30 AM

I didn't say he wasn't?

I do prefer Edge though, yeah. I don't dislike Batista either it's just the whole rotation system I despise.

Bats>Edge from U2 is a closer call though.

U2 have legendary status, which the Edge had had a part in, but Bats, I dunno they hang upside down for hours on end which is pretty cool, and do all their thangs whilst blind.

To conclude:

Edge from Smackdown > Batista from Smackdown
Bats > Edge U2

Kane Knight
06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
In which ways, between the two you already know that Edge has ten times more charisma then Bats and he's more entertaining :p

Which is why Edge got a monster reaction on our own, while Batista was shoved down our throats and failed first to get a response as a face, and then as a heel.

Oh, wait, no...That was Batista getting natural monster pops, and Edge who not only couldn't get a response as a face, but then couldn't as a heel, either.

Yeah, I guess Edge does have more Charisma. Dead Air and "Boring" chants are a better sign of charisma than monster pops.

I mean, I know I'm going to be outnumbered here. The IWC has a huge chubby for Edge, but claims of Edge having more charisma are objectively false. And honestly, I can't believe anyone here would actually believe otherwise.

Lux
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm not saying Bats doesn't have good quailties about him, he does but if find Edge more real, probably because during the E&C, Dudley and Hardy fueds during the attitude era he and christain just sold it to me, now as the Rated R superstar he's blazing a trail. His match at wrestlemania with Taker was pretty damn good

BigDaddyCool
06-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Which is why Edge got a monster reaction on our own, while Batista was shoved down our throats and failed first to get a response as a face, and then as a heel.

Oh, wait, no...That was Batista getting natural monster pops, and Edge who not only couldn't get a response as a face, but then couldn't as a heel, either.

Yeah, I guess Edge does have more Charisma. Dead Air and "Boring" chants are a better sign of charisma than monster pops.

I mean, I know I'm going to be outnumbered here. The IWC has a huge chubby for Edge, but claims of Edge having more charisma are objectively false. And honestly, I can't believe anyone here would actually believe otherwise.

You know Edge can hold down Scott Stiener while working in a different company.

Jura
06-06-2008, 03:39 PM
IMO Batista is a better face than Edge is a heel. And Batista as a heel is better than Edge as a heel. If Edge can be a good heel without sleeping with someone's wife or gf, storyline or real and without always having help from a bunch of other guys then I will acknowledge that he is good. And btw, Batista's entrance has more charisma than Edge.

Lux
06-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Are you for serious, Edge goes from one girl to the next, all the while being a jackass, grabbing world titles, basically running the place and getting heat the minute his name or music hits, are you seriously suggesting that bats is a better heel then Edge????

Bats only heel moves during his heel run was to cheap shot, get a few bats bombs in cheaply and stealing victorys, compared to Edge in that aspect he is not a better heel

Lux
06-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Need be i remind you of...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLhnZSwRRtw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLhnZSwRRtw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fox
06-06-2008, 04:04 PM
That is awful.

Kane Knight
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm not saying Bats doesn't have good quailties about him, he does but if find Edge more real, probably because during the E&C, Dudley and Hardy fueds during the attitude era he and christain just sold it to me, now as the Rated R superstar he's blazing a trail. His match at wrestlemania with Taker was pretty damn good

So basically, you were making shit up when you were talking Charisma because you are nostalgic for him. k.

Kane Knight
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Are you for serious, Edge goes from one girl to the next, all the while being a jackass, grabbing world titles, basically running the place and getting heat the minute his name or music hits, are you seriously suggesting that bats is a better heel then Edge????

Bats only heel moves during his heel run was to cheap shot, get a few bats bombs in cheaply and stealing victorys, compared to Edge in that aspect he is not a better heel

LOL. Are you high or just retarded?

#1-norm-fan
06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I actually really like Edge as a heel.

At the same time though, I would love to see WWE SUCCESSFULLY push another monster heel and I think Batista is one of the few guys out there who is capable of pulling it off.

Jura
06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
"Just so you know. I don't love you. And I am NOT sorry."

http://i27.tinypic.com/315n1u1.gif

BATISTA BOMB!!

Kane Knight
06-06-2008, 05:53 PM
God, that looked great.

Porcupine
06-07-2008, 06:08 PM

Wait wait wait, Stuck with Edge as champion? As a bad thing? Thats not a bad thing, thats a good thing. Edge makes an awesome champion.

Now if only he can get some refreshing opponents...

Kane Knight
06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Yes, it's a bad thing. Edge is a shitty draw and sucks as a heel. Sorry to stomp on your hardon.

Afterlife
06-08-2008, 10:14 AM
You know what? SD's main event was the first time in about a year that I was actually interested in a Batista match, and it was due to his partners.

Kane Knight
06-08-2008, 10:16 AM
It's not his fault that the ME scene is stale. It is his fault that he sucks. He didn't draw last year, and no matter how many competent wrestlers carry him to fresh main events, he won't draw in any foreseeable future.

Listen, I'm sorry that the IWC loves guys who don't draw. I'm sorry you guys get all stiff for JBL and Triple H, too. The problem is, you guys frequently claim you want wrestling to get better, then rally behind guys who either flat out suck ass or just can't draw for shit. I'm sorry you delude yourselves into arguments like Edge has great charisma, or is anything better than a solid worker who can be carried to a great match if he's in the ring with someone who can make him look good. These are earkmarks of average, not greatness.

Edge was a competent midcarder who got pushed more because management likes him and because of Attitude Era nostalgia than anything else. It didn't work with JBL, but at least they depushed him when they realized it. Of course, there's also the fact that most of the ME scene sucks right now anyway, so in an era of average, Edge looks somewhat better by default.

Bats is a great ME by comparison. On top of actually getting a reaction from the fans, one of the biggest in the business, he does have charisma. Shitty mic skills, but charisma. He delivers some of the sickest power moves in the business, and he looks damned well impressive.

He's not the Rock. He's not Michaels or Austin or even the Undertaker, but by way of comparison to Edge, he might as well be.

Afterlife
06-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Every now and then, Batista makes his powebomb look brutal. Other than that...He's John Cena with a tan and normal dialect. I see no greatness therein.

Kane Knight
06-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Every now and then, Batista makes his powebomb look brutal. Other than that...He's John Cena with a tan and normal dialect. I see no greatness therein.

And fans.

Lux
06-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Edge was a competent midcarder who got pushed more because management likes him and because of Attitude Era nostalgia than anything else. It didn't work with JBL, but at least they depushed him when they realized it. Of course, there's also the fact that most of the ME scene sucks right now anyway, so in an era of average, Edge looks somewhat better by default.

Don't you think that if this were true, management pushing Edge because they feel nostalgia for the Attitude Era, Matt Hardy would of been pushed long ago.

Mayo
06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
I think Edge cuts some great promos, he's naturally funny, and he can pull out some great matches sometimes. He's obviously no Angle or HBK in the ring, but I think he gets the job done.

Same goes for Batista I think, although they are both obviously different types of personas. I have to agree that the lack of competition on Smackdown has hurt both of them, and hopefully the draft shakes things up so that we can see what these guys can really do.

Kane Knight
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Don't you think that if this were true, management pushing Edge because they feel nostalgia for the Attitude Era, Matt Hardy would of been pushed long ago.

I must have missed the point at which management liked Matt Hardy. Since that was the other element I mentioned. You know, in the same breath. And placed before it.