PDA

View Full Version : WWE Releasing a Chris Benoit DVD

Paki Crippler
03-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Chris Benoit fans will be happy to know that WWE is releasing a Chris Benoit DVD title on 7/19. Here's to hoping they including the Owen Hart tribute bout he worked against Bret Hart in WCW

credit: PWInsider.com

So who's gonna buy this? :wtf:

John la Rock
03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Should be hot :y:

The CyNick
03-17-2004, 12:07 AM
WOW!

When I read this it occured to me that there has never been a Chris Benoit video/DVD, so this one is a must have for everyone.

When you think of all the great matches he's had in ECW and WCW and of course in the WWE, like I said, WOW!

Hopefully they put in a feature on the Best of 7, the match with Bret would make sense, also I wouldn't mind seeing his match with Regal from OVW.

Good idea to put it out now, because they can finish off the DVD with him winning the title, and perhaps defending it in Edmonton, which would kinda cap off his whole career. Should be a great piece.

Nowhere Man
03-17-2004, 01:26 AM
*hopes they mention the Sabu match where he got the nickname "The Crippler"*

Anyways, that sounds frickin awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Kane Knight
03-17-2004, 01:33 AM
I thought this said they were releasing benoit...I almost killed someone...

Joe Kerr
03-17-2004, 01:36 AM
*hopes they mention the Sabu match where he got the nickname "The Crippler"*

Anyways, that sounds frickin awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
I just watched that match...I added it in one of my wrestling videos..the slam that broke Sabu's neck.

www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/joe6

Mr. JL
03-17-2004, 01:43 AM
I actually hoping that they put the ECW match Benoit versus Al Snow on. It was a really good match in my opinion. Has anyone else seen it and have an opinion on it?

push_booker_t
03-17-2004, 03:46 AM
yeah, i've seen it. Really good match. Shame what WWE has done to al snow since then (Coach)

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 07:23 AM
I just watched that match...I added it in one of my wrestling videos..the slam that broke Sabu's neck.

www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/joe6
More of a modified standing back body drop IMO

Loose Cannon
03-18-2004, 01:11 PM
They should put his days with The Horsemen on there and his battles with Kevin Sullivan.

Excellance of Execution
03-18-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll definately buy it.

FearedSanctity
03-18-2004, 01:18 PM
I thought this said they were releasing benoit

Same here, I saw "WWE Releasing" and "Chris Benoit" got scared

Rob
03-18-2004, 01:42 PM
How many matches with Triple-H will be on it? :p

Seriously, they should at least have the match where he tore his quad on it though. Best tag team match I have ever seen.

Loose Cannon
03-18-2004, 01:53 PM
How many matches with Triple-H will be on it? :p

Seriously, they should at least have the match where he tore his quad on it though. Best tag team match I have ever seen.

Oh yeah, that was an awesome match. I love how the fans popped huge when HHH missed with the sledge and hit Austin.

Funky Fly
03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I will buy this.

SuperSlim
03-18-2004, 02:15 PM
that DVD is as good as mine as soon as it hit the shelves

Rob
03-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah, that was an awesome match. I love how the fans popped huge when HHH missed with the sledge and hit Austin.

Fans were sizzling hot that night. Example of why I love Cali crowds. Hopefully they'll make Mania next year unlike how the bad night they had at Mania 12 when people were leaving during the main event.

Loose Cannon
03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Fans were sizzling hot that night. Example of why I love Cali crowds. Hopefully they'll make Mania next year unlike how the bad night they had at Mania 12 when people were leaving during the main event.

Wait, why did they leave during thr iron man? That was one of the greatest matches ever.

The CyNick
03-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Wait, why did they leave during thr iron man? That was one of the greatest matches ever.

I mean nobody knows forsure, but I think it was a combination of having a crowd that wasn't educated to seeing an hour match, and also because everyone knew HBK was going to win, so why not try to beat the traffic?

Rob
03-18-2004, 03:38 PM
I can't read minds yet so I dunno. I would never have left and I knew Michaels would probably win so it's beats me.

Loose Cannon
03-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Wow, I never heard that before. What a shame. Back then I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes so I had no clue Michaels was going to win. I was pissed as hell though when they restarted the match.

Rob
03-18-2004, 04:08 PM
So was I but I thought Michaels was winning it going in.

Rob
03-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Hopefully they put in a feature on the Best of 7, the match with Bret would make sense, also I wouldn't mind seeing his match with Regal from OVW.

The Regal match wasn't in OVW. It was at the Pillman 2000 Memorial.

I'd wanna see all you mentioned anyways, plus the San Diego tag title match, the Rumble matches against Jericho and Angle, the 8 man TLC, some of his WCW stuff I'm forgetting and his two WWF try out matches against Owen Hart.

Mister Sinister
03-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Here would be my List of Matches I would like to see on there

Finals Of The WCW World Heavyweight Title Tournament, At WCW MAyhem 2000
Bret "Hitman" Hart v. Chris Beniot

Owen Hart Memorial Show
Chris Beniot v. Bret "Hitman" Hart

Ladder Match For The WWF Intercontinental Title (Royal Rumble 2001)
Chris Jericho v. Chris Beniot

Pegarus Kid v. Jushin "Thunder" Lyger

Raven v. Chris Beniot (Souled Out 98)

WWE Title Match From Smackdown
Brock Lesnar v. Chris Beniot

World Heavyweight Title Match
Chris Beniot v. Triple H v. Shawn Michaels

Ultimate Submission Match
Kurt Angle v. Chris Beniot

WWE Title Match (Royal Rumble 2003)
Chris Beniot v. Kurt Angle

That's all I can think of at the moment, I never got to see his ECW Work, but I think theses matches should make it on there

The CyNick
03-18-2004, 04:53 PM
The Regal match wasn't in OVW. It was at the Pillman 2000 Memorial.

oops

who says I'm always right?

MVP
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
At first, I thought the article meant that Chris Benoit was being released too.

That's going to be a sweet DVD though. :y:

Loose Cannon
03-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Here would be my List of Matches I would like to see on there

Finals Of The WCW World Heavyweight Title Tournament, At WCW MAyhem 2000
Bret "Hitman" Hart v. Chris Beniot

Owen Hart Memorial Show
Chris Beniot v. Bret "Hitman" Hart

Ladder Match For The WWF Intercontinental Title (Royal Rumble 2001)
Chris Jericho v. Chris Beniot

Pegarus Kid v. Jushin "Thunder" Lyger

Raven v. Chris Beniot (Souled Out 98)

WWE Title Match From Smackdown
Brock Lesnar v. Chris Beniot

World Heavyweight Title Match
Chris Beniot v. Triple H v. Shawn Michaels

Ultimate Submission Match
Kurt Angle v. Chris Beniot

WWE Title Match (Royal Rumble 2003)
Chris Beniot v. Kurt Angle

That's all I can think of at the moment, I never got to see his ECW Work, but I think theses matches should make it on there

That's a nice list with a couple of more matches others mentioned. I would also put in his days as part of the Horsemen, the Radicals, backround about him in ECW, the stuff he did with Shane a while back when he was a heel. I remember Angle, Show and himself were in a sort of stable. And whatever else for the story part of the DVD.

Rob
03-18-2004, 05:10 PM
oops

who says I'm always right?

Me usually. That's why I was like :eek:

Helmsphere - WWE doesn't own the New Japan tapes so that's a no go.

Evil Vito
03-18-2004, 05:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'd like to see:

Match from ECW: vs. Sabu (He got the name "The Crippler" this way)

Owen Hart Memorial Match - WCW Nitro: vs. Bret Hart

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match - Souled Out 2000: vs. Sid (for historical reasons)

WWE Intercontinental Title Triple Threat Match - WrestleMania 16: vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Intercontinental Title Ladder Match - Royal Rumble 2001: vs. Chris Jericho

Wrestlemania 17: vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Title Match - Monday Night Raw: with Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold and Triple H

WWE Tag Team Title TLC Match - Smackdown: with Chris Jericho vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge and Christian

WWE Title - Royal Rumble 2003: vs. Kurt Angle

The 2004 Royal Rumble Match

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat Match - WrestleMania 20: vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

It should be a 3-disc set like the Flair DVD, possibly even called "The Ultimate Chris Benoit Collection"

If all of these matches are on it then it could very well be the 2nd best wrestling DVD ever made</font>

DaveWadding
03-18-2004, 06:08 PM
behind the Flair DVD of course...

Boondock Saint
03-18-2004, 06:12 PM
That's a nice list with a couple of more matches others mentioned. I would also put in his days as part of the Horsemen, the Radicals, backround about him in ECW, the stuff he did with Shane a while back when he was a heel. I remember Angle, Show and himself were in a sort of stable. And whatever else for the story part of the DVD.

I remember that. Shane, Benoit, Show and Angle I believe. But then Show was sent to OVW or was injured or something, and it just ended. I think.

Anyways, this will be a sweet DVD I'm definitely gonna get.

Loose Cannon
03-18-2004, 06:14 PM
I remember that. Shane, Benoit, Show and Angle I believe. But then Show was sent to OVW or was injured or something, and it just ended. I think.

Anyways, this will be a sweet DVD I'm definitely gonna get.

Yeah, they were called "The Conspiricy" or something like that. That was awesome when they attacked Taker backstage and took out his knee with a cinder block.

The Duck
03-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Benoit vs. Austin from Edmonton on Smackdown for WWF title should hopefully be on there. It was about May 2001-time and was an awesome match (I remember he did 10 consecutive Germans at one point).

Boondock Saint
03-18-2004, 07:06 PM
(I remember he did 10 consecutive Germans at one point).

That was so awesome.

Mikey
03-18-2004, 07:06 PM
I remember that too. that was awesome

Wondermouse
03-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Hell, I'd take one DVD of Benoit vs. Booker Best of 7 and all the segments surrounding it.

push_booker_t
03-19-2004, 06:48 AM
What about Benoit v Austin for the title on Smackdown in Canada?

10 German Suplexes?!!!

thuganomicalcrippler
03-20-2004, 11:40 AM
\Here's to hoping they including the Owen Hart tribute bout he worked against Bret Hart in WCW

So who's gonna buy this? :wtf:

OMG!! Benoit and Hart! Does someone have that match online? I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out. :)

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-20-2004, 11:54 AM
That match with Regal was mad intense.

HHHsucks929
03-20-2004, 01:39 PM
I guess everyone agrees that this is awesome. I agree with all the matches proposed to be added. Might I suggest something from the Benoit-Booker T rivalry in WCW, that was classic. And what about the Chris Benoit-Kurt Angle steel cage match on Raw in August 2000, that match was sick.

John la Rock
03-20-2004, 03:15 PM
They should also come out with a Eddie Guerrero DVD

tucsonspeed6
03-20-2004, 03:19 PM
They should also come out with a Eddie Guerrero DVD

They come out with so many DVD's these days that it's almost a sure bet that they'll give him one, since he is the champ and all. My guess is that they're waiting until the Benoit DVD is out for a while before they introduce the Guerrero DVD...to prevent any competition between the sales of each.

Paki Crippler
03-20-2004, 04:03 PM
WOW. i didnt knew that there were sooo many benoit fans on this board.

Boss007
03-20-2004, 04:26 PM
thanx for the info guys.what exactly are the matches going to be in this dvd?does anyone know?if u do know then why arent u posting that damnit :rant: