View Full Version : Smackdown ***Spoilers for 3/18/04**

Boondock Saint
03-17-2004, 12:44 AM
www.wrestlezone.com Smackdown SPOILERS
Dark Matches:

- Horshu defeated Funaki

- Orlando Jordan defeated The FBI's Johnny Stamboli

Velocity Taping:

- Paul London & Billy Kidman defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri & Akio when London scored the pin with a 450 splash.

- Chuck Palumbo of the FBI defeated Hardcore Holly.

- WWE Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Ultimo Dragon.

-Smackdown opens with WWE United States Heavyweight champion John Cena coming to the ring. Cena tells the crowd that he is from Boston and notes he is the new United States champion. Cena rips on the FCC as well. Paul Heyman comes out and announces that Brock Lesnar has left the WWE, blaming it on the Smackdown roster abandoning him last week when Steve Austin showed up in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Heyman talks about the lottery next week on Raw and gets in Cena's face, slapping him. Cena goes after Heyman but Rhyno comes out....

-WWE United States Heavyweight champion John Cena pinned Rhyno with the F-U.

-They play the Edge video pushing his return.

-After showing a replay of the Cena-Heyman situation, they go backstage to where Heyman is walking past the APA. The APA mock Heyman and he notes that last week they promised loyalty to the Smackdown roster but abandoned Brock Lesnar. He tells them that tonight, they will get a WWE Tag Team championship match against Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty, and if they don't win, they are fired.

-WWE Tag Team champions Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty defeated The APA.

-Backstage, The APA challenge Paul Heyman to fire them. Heyman says that he never claimed he would fire the APA, he would fire Farooq. They start to argue and Heyman tells Bradshaw that he has a successful book and appears on talk shows about giving financial advice and doesn't need to keep carrying Farooq. Farooq walks out while Bradshaw stands there. Farooq questions him, then walks off, leaving Bradshaw alone.

-They air a clip of Vince McMahon announcing the lottery on Raw at the Meadowlands,

-Backstage, Dawn Marie tells Billy Gunn, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, and Rey Mysterio that Paul Heyman will be with them in a moment. Heyman comes in and informs them there will be a gauntlet match tonight on Smackdown and the winner will challenge WWE champion Eddie Guerrero later on in the show. Haas and Benjamin warn Heyman that unlike the APA, he can't play divide and conquer with them. Heyman tells them that they will be the first two in the gauntlet then, so they'll be wrestling each other.

- In the Gauntlet, Shelton Benjamin defeated Charlie Haas

-Backstage, Bradshaw stopped Farooq as he was leaving and tried to explain that it was business and he still wanted to be friends. Farooq walked out on him.

-In the Gauntlet, Shelton Benjamin defeated Billy Gunn

-The Big Show comes out and tells Benjamin he has something to say. He says that he may have lost the United States championship but tonight he will be the last man in the Gauntlet match,

-In the Gauntlet, Rey Mysterio defeated Shelton Benjamin

-In the Gauntlet, Rey Mysterio defeated The Big Show by countout after John Cena came down and struck him with the title belt outside the ring.

-Rey Mysterio will challenge Eddie Guerrero tonight for the WWE championship.

WWE is currently taping Smackdown at the Fleet Center in Boston, MA. Billy Krotchsen is calling in reports from the show:

-WWE champion Eddie Guerrero defeated Rey Mysterio in what was said to have been a really great match.

-Paul Heyman came out and said that he hopes on Raw's lottery that Guerrero and Mysterio are gone forever from Smackdown, and made a crack about English being the second language on Smackdown. Heyman said that he will do what he wants and he doesn't care who tries to stop him.

-The Undertaker's gong was heard and he came to the ring with Paul Bearer. Rey and Guerrero shove Heyman into UT, who grabs him and tombstones him to end the show.

Boondock Saint
03-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Sounds like a decent show to me. I don't really care about the APA so that stuff doesn't interest me.

I don't normally read spoilers, but my girlfriend was there ( :rant: ) and so I wanted to know how it was.

rottednation
03-17-2004, 02:36 AM
I am just wondering if the UT came out the same way as he did at WMXX...

The Icon of Elisim
03-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Damn, thought they were going to give Bejamin a main event push out of no where after he got those two straight wins. That would've been crazy.

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Eddie Vs Rey?

Sweet!

That should be enough to make me want to watch smackdown, if it's anything like there WCW matches we should be in for a treat.

APA? meh who cares?

I'm guessing/hoping that Ryhno is starting to get used better now we have Hayman booking, he's been making more appearances recently

Nice to see that the edge vignette is being played on both promotions, sort of keeps you second guessing, even though we know he's going to raw

oh and WTF @ Billy Gunn getting a potentail title shot?!?!?!

it really makes you see the overall lack of current main eventers on Smackdown when a crusier weight a tag team and billy gunn are the top 4 for the title. I can only see positives from the lottery next week

Eunos
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Ha Ha..

About 2 Months ago Hardcore Holly was main eventing with Brock Lesner.

Now his jobbing to Chuck palumbo on Velocity :lol:

SuperSlim
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I was hopin it would be Shelton vs. Eddie again... but Rey winnin it... :meh:

sounds aight... don't really care bout APA but hopin Taker looked decent

Mikey
03-17-2004, 10:11 AM
WTF is all that with the APA?

Sephiroth
03-17-2004, 10:39 AM
APA :nono: but a good show overall.

HHHsucks929
03-17-2004, 10:39 AM
I guess APA is the scapegoat for Paul Heyman's anger at the locker room for walking away from Brock Lesnar last week.

Sounds like a good show, now I'm disappointed I didn't go (I'm from the Boston area). Eddie vs. Rey Mysterio should be sick. I'm also wondering how the Undertaker looks. Doesn't sound like he cuts a promo. Maybe the next Smackdown! he and Paul Bearer can cut a good one.

Azriel
03-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Is Farooq retiring or are they splitting up again?

Fryza
03-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Nice cover-up for Brock leaving.

BTW- Haas should have won. :mad:

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 11:42 AM
I was hopin it would be Shelton vs. Eddie again... but Rey winnin it... :meh:

sounds aight... don't really care bout APA but hopin Taker looked decent
Meh? you say MEH!

Eddie/Ray at halloween havoc was IMO one of the best WCW matches ever and you say meh!!!!!!

Hang your head in shame

Loose Cannon
03-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Awesome at the APA segment. I love tag breakups like that when one partner puts business over friendship and doesn't go all out to back his long time friend. Good Stuff.

gotmilkfunb
03-17-2004, 12:49 PM
I was there at the Fleet Center for Smackdown!, and let me tell you, that was one of the most BORING shows I have ever been to. Eddie is NOT championship material, neither is Rey. WGTT should never, ever wrestle as singles competitors again. The Gauntlet was f**king boring. WWE NEEDS TO SHAKE THINGS UP! The ENTIRE crowd was all over WGTT during their match-up, boring chants everywhere. 'Taker, for the five minutes he came out, was the highlight of the night, and probibly the biggest pop, rivaled only by Cena. 'Taker's entrance was the same as 'maina's, only the Druids were not there and he has a titontron video now(Almost identical to the Promos of him returning) He still is a hybred of Deadman/Badass, with same coat and hat (Which i was repulsed over at first, but the more I see it, the more I like it) He cut no promo at all, only Tombstoned Heyman.

Fryza
03-17-2004, 12:51 PM
LOL

Dude, you're going to get burned here...

gotmilkfunb
03-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Trust me HHHsucks, you really didn't miss anything special. Although you should ALWAYS go when they have events around here, no matter what the show is like, the atmosphere just makes it so damn awesome!

gotmilkfunb
03-17-2004, 12:52 PM
What am I going to get burned for? I'm just telling you like it was

Rock Bottom
03-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Why is everyone complaining? If the APA break up...

NO MORE APA.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Eddie is very much Championship material considering everywhere he goes (aside from maybe lastnight) there are Eddie chants. Shutup.

ColdwaVer
03-17-2004, 01:31 PM
What am I going to get burned for? I'm just telling you like it was

Because you're intentionally talking sh</>it to get a rise out of people who can't really say how the show was because they won't see it till tomorrow. Once they do see it, if the show is actually good you're going to have your anus handed to you.

Loose Cannon
03-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Eddie is NOT championship material, neither is Rey. WGTT should never, ever wrestle as singles competitors again.

WOW

gotmilkfunb
03-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Im sorry if you guys mistook me for trying to get a rise out of people, I really don't mind if you guys have other opinions then mine. It's just my personal feeling that Eddie just doesn't have what it takes to be a champ, at least when compared to other champions. Who knows, maybe Eddie will prove me wrong and become one of the best champs in WWE history? And as for the show, I just felt it will really play off as boring on television. I just don't think Smackdown! has what it takes to compete with Raw right now. Im sorry to anyone I may have offended in the last posts that I made

Corkscrewed
03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Well, if he's a troll, he's a good one, but I'll take your word and assume that you were just expressing your opinion.

And didn't I call how they'd explain Lesnar's absence? He was abandoned. Me = da man. :cool: :D

As long as UT came out, I'm happy. :)

AareDub
03-17-2004, 05:20 PM
I didn't think the comments were meant to get a rise out of anybody, they sounded legit to me. In all honesty it sounds like a really boring show to me too.

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Why would someone who isn't a troll signon to a website and claim they have been to a show and completly contradict everythign that is being said in thread?

Plus the guy hasn't given any details about himself in his Bio, not that's unusual, but trolls dont do that.

If your not a troll then i'm sorry, but so far your very troll like

MVP
03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Im sorry if you guys mistook me for trying to get a rise out of people, I really don't mind if you guys have other opinions then mine. It's just my personal feeling that Eddie just doesn't have what it takes to be a champ, at least when compared to other champions. Who knows, maybe Eddie will prove me wrong and become one of the best champs in WWE history? And as for the show, I just felt it will really play off as boring on television. I just don't think Smackdown! has what it takes to compete with Raw right now. Im sorry to anyone I may have offended in the last posts that I madeYou're not allowed to have your own opinions here.

gotmilkfunb
03-17-2004, 07:33 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't even know what a troll is, but I can assure you that I am not one. I only signed up so I could get in on the discussion and share my story of Smackdown!. I just wanted to let everyone know what I thought about the show and what went down, what the live crowd was like, Etc. Once again, i reiterate the fact that I am sorry to have offended anyone with the comments that I made, I just felt that the WWE could do so much better with the product then what was displayed to me live.

The CyNick
03-17-2004, 08:04 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't even know what a troll is, but I can assure you that I am not one. I only signed up so I could get in on the discussion and share my story of Smackdown!. I just wanted to let everyone know what I thought about the show and what went down, what the live crowd was like, Etc. Once again, i reiterate the fact that I am sorry to have offended anyone with the comments that I made, I just felt that the WWE could do so much better with the product then what was displayed to me live.

Keep in mind, the Smackdown show last night was a lame duck show. We all know they are doing the restart on Monday, so they couldn't really shoot any big angles on Tuesday, because guys could be on different shows next week,a nd I highly doubt they've worked out who will be where. I mean I'm sure they know where the top guys will end up, but I'd say half the roster will be literally pulled from a hat.

In terms of Eddie, hey I repsect anyone who can post an opinion that has decent spelling and grammer and isn't filled with lame insults. I totally disagree with your opinion if Eddie, but hey some people like Kevin Nash, I dont understadn why, but they do. Different strokes I guess.

Ive heard several reports that put Rey-eddie near the 4 star level, and frankly, I dont see how it could be a bad match. APA stuff sounded interesting, and is a good way to get rid of Faarooq. But I fear this means Bradshaw is getting a push.

jasonvoorhees
03-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Maybe Farook is going to Raw.

MVP
03-17-2004, 09:26 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't even know what a troll is, but I can assure you that I am not one. I only signed up so I could get in on the discussion and share my story of Smackdown!. I just wanted to let everyone know what I thought about the show and what went down, what the live crowd was like, Etc. Once again, i reiterate the fact that I am sorry to have offended anyone with the comments that I made, I just felt that the WWE could do so much better with the product then what was displayed to me live.Relax I was only joking.

OssMan
03-18-2004, 10:11 PM
What the hell??? Why was taker wearing the biker bandana???

loopydate
03-18-2004, 11:25 PM
What the hell??? Why was taker wearing the biker bandana???

Because Vince hates us.

c4g2
03-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Well I don't see why Undertaker should appear on Smackdown! ... as far I know, he came out after Heyman said 'no one alive could stop me', and this may have been a crack at the 'Deadman' gimmick. From what I have seen, this was just a cheap try to liven up a boring show.

*dons an anti-flame suit and waits*

Boondock Saint
03-19-2004, 02:03 AM
Maybe Heyman will refuse to have Cena and Undertaker on his show because they attacked him or something.

He did say that each show's representitive chooses the lottery things...so I guess the GMs are staying put then?

#1-norm-fan
03-19-2004, 02:09 AM
Wow, Smackdown was really good tonight. The best in quite some time. I heart Shelton Benjamin. :D

John la Rock
03-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I like Taker's look, looks like I'm the only one :(

#1-norm-fan
03-19-2004, 02:20 AM
You aren't the only one. I think it's a good 2004 version of the old gimmick. Plus Taker's facial expressions help.

Corkscrewed
03-19-2004, 03:24 AM
I say he needs to change a few things. I still maintain he needs the sleeveless collared "undertaker shirt" and not a tank top. His hat makes him look ridiculous, but I can life with that. The belt buckle is debatable with me. And for goodness sakes, use the original Graveyard Symphony, not this remixed grap where you can heardly hear the music!

Other than that I'm cool. :D

Mr. JL
03-19-2004, 03:33 AM
OMG!

That was one of the greatest WRESTLING shows I've ever seen from the WWE and SD! Hass/Benjamin match was great! Benjamin/Gunn was pretty good as well. Benjamin/Rey was another good match. Show/Rey was another good match. Guerrero/Rey was MOTY quality! I wanna see these two headline a PPV this year, heres to wishing.

Oh yeah! I saw the Undertaker for the first time (I didn't watch Mania) and I marked the **** out. In hindsight I believe it is better for Taker to come back as this hybrid... but I know if I would have ordered Mania his return would have been anti-climatic. BUT after seeing the undertaker with Paul Bearer... I marked out like crazy.

P.S. I'm also a little drunk...

Mr. JL
03-19-2004, 03:35 AM
Now I'm actually kind of pissed off that they are re-doing the brand extension stuff. There are a couple guys on SD that could really step it up if given a chance. However they're not going to be given this chance.

It would be better if they just moved a few stars from one show to the other... like RVD to SD or something like that...

Azriel
03-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Loved SD! I agree about the Rey/Eddie match being MOTY quality, and I like Taker's new look.

Loose Cannon
03-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Benjamin really was great tonight. I swear by his second match I wanted him to go all the way and fight Eddie. That would of been great.

Azriel
03-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Maybe in the future. We can only hope.

The Mackem
03-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Just watched Smackdown tonight and not only was the show quite good but so was the format with the gauntlet thing. Near the end though I was thinking that Sm,ackdown was lacking star power and out walks The Undertaker...which was the coolest thing I've seen in ages.