PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler came to my hometown in a rare appearance

Crazy Nick
06-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Yeah I just got back from a wrestling show a couple of hours that was in my hometown, which is Crossville, Tennessee. Jerry Lawler made a rare appearance here, and considering I never have watched a major wrestling show live, it was pretty amazing to see(in my opinion) one of the all time greats make an appearance here. I was able to meet him, shake his hand and get his autograph . In his match he got the win over Matt Boyce, when the ref noticed after the match was over that Boyce had been using a chain to choke Lawler behind his back. Overall it was just really cool seeing someone you see every week on RAW come to this town. My friend took some pictures and I hope to have them up soon.

-This is from the local newspaper here
After a long absence, professional wrestling is returning to the Crossville National Guard Armory on Thursday, June 5 with a star-studded lineup including Jerry Lawler.

Lawler is one of Tennessee's greatest wrestling legends in the league of Tojo Yamamoto and Jackie Fargo. He is also viewed by millions each week on USA Network's #1 program, Monday Night RAW!

"I am really excited about the opportunity of coming to Crossville and seeing the great wrestling fans in that area again. It has been really a long time," Lawler said in an interview from home his home in Memphis.

"My opponent has the reputation for being wrestling's next big thing. I know Matt Boyce very well, and if he thinks he is going to try to slip a win over me in Crossville so he can use it to help catapult him to one of the major companies, he has another thing coming," Lawler said.

The six-bout card also features former NWA World Tag Team champions, the Naturals, taking on the top-rated Shepard Brothers.

When asked about Boyce's chances for an upset win, Lawler answered, "Well, you can never say never and he has a manager who has been a thorn in my side since 1989, Christopher Love, who managed Tully Blanchard to many championships. He has also managed everyone from Bret and Owen Hart to Lex Luger. So, I really have to be aware of him, as he is one of the dirtiest players I've ever been around; but, that is okay, I have a special piledriver waiting for both of them."

The box office at the Armory will open at 4 p.m. the day of the show. Belltime is at 8 p.m. Lawler will be available for pictures and autographs during the event. Adult admission is $9, with students $7 and children under 5 are free.

DaveWadding
06-06-2008, 04:30 AM
I met Lawler a few years ago...really great guy.

Bad Company
06-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Lawler just seems like a slimeball, perhaps he's just great with his gimmick.

Dave Youell
06-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Met him on my Birthday in Seattle, seemed nice enough, but then I had a copy of his book to sign, so chances are he saw me as a dollar sign

Xero
06-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey,
I just wanted to thank you for being concerned. Thanks for being a fan and for coming out to the show.

Jerry Lawler

James Steele
06-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Jerry Lawler > RoH

Theo Dious
06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Jerry Lawler came to my hometown in a rare appearance
Huh. I would have figured he'd come in a car or something.

nailz
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
wow thats super great