PDA

View Full Version : What do you think to a Team UK???...

KingofKings
06-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Regal as GM, Burchill, his sister and maybe finlay as a heel stable, like team canada.

Maybe its just me, but i think it could work. Obviously Regal has been suspended and he might not return as GM, but if soo....

Do you think it could work?...

Volare
06-07-2008, 07:31 AM
The thing is...I know this is sort of a reference to Hart Foundation stable...but the thing that sold was Canada is just north of the U.S. and it's easy to sell out a stadium to cheer on your country's "boys" so to say.

The WWE dosen't have that many shows in the U.K. so it would be kinda hard to get over a bunch of mid-carders. Where in Canada Owen Hart could have wrestled a broom and the crowd would pop like The Rock just came back to WWE.

KingofKings
06-07-2008, 07:34 AM
The thing is...I know this is sort of a reference to Hart Foundation stable...but the thing that sold was Canada is just north of the U.S. and it's easy to sell out a stadium to cheer on your country's "boys" so to say.

The WWE dosen't have that many shows in the U.K. so it would be kinda hard to get over a bunch of mid-carders. Where in Canada Owen Hart could have wrestled a broom and the crowd would pop like The Rock just came back to WWE.

yeaa i suppose your right TBH...

I was just thinking at the minute though that a stable could be ideal on raw, but i hate the stables that are thrown together for no real reason, i thought Team UK could work, but i totally get what your saying about not having many shows in the UK.

It looks like Regal and Burchill will be together when Regal comes back anyway with the storyline of Burchill and Mr Kennedy feuding, so i suppose we can see how that goes.

Pardeep 619
06-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Team UK is not that bad a concept, but I think it would be poorly executed.

NoRoolz
06-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I can understand the idea but realistically it wouldn't work really 'cos like Volare said, the WWE isn't in the UK enough.

Plus, Finlay is one of them Northern Irish people who, despite being 'officially' British, prefers to be labelled as Irish. Like the announcers even say from Belfast, Ireland. When really, Belfast is Northern Ireland.

However, the UK guys could always team with Canadians like the British Bulldog used to, DH Smith obviously would, and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a reason (kayfabe), to introduce Burchill and Katie-Lea to the group.

KingofKings
06-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I can understand the idea but realistically it wouldn't work really 'cos like Volare said, the WWE isn't in the UK enough.

Plus, Finlay is one of them Northern Irish people who, despite being 'officially' British, prefers to be labelled as Irish. Like the announcers even say from Belfast, Ireland. When really, Belfast is Northern Ireland.

However, the UK guys could always team with Canadians like the British Bulldog used to, DH Smith obviously would, and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a reason (kayfabe), to introduce Burchill and Katie-Lea to the group.

Yeaa thats why i thought of finlay because northern Ireland is still the UK (obvs Ireland isnt) and needed another member.

Who is Canadian on the raw roster???? could start like an anti-america stable is they joined with the canadians.

NoRoolz
06-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Err, DH Smith, Jericho, Val Venis...

Noid will be loving this.

Anti-America in general has been done a shit load though, if it's going to be done again it needs to be properly done Hart Foundation style or not at all.

KingofOldSchool
06-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Blah I hate those stupid "Team Canada", "Team Foreign", "Team Zimbabwe" groups.

NoRoolz
06-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, needs to be a new Hart Foundation-style group or nothing at all. Otherwise it's just cheap heel-heat.

KingofKings
06-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Err, DH Smith, Jericho, Val Venis...

Noid will be loving this.

Anti-America in general has been done a shit load though, if it's going to be done again it needs to be properly done Hart Foundation style or not at all.

i could see DH Smith working, i wouldnt want 'the ultimate jobber' val venis in it lol and Jericho would outshine Regal, who i think would need to be the leader.

I understand the anti-america thing has been done a load of times before, but if its pulled off properly it really can work, and creates a very good heel stable. Thats originally why i thought of Team UK, because that in itself hasnt been done before. And also it would be abit different if Regal was in a position of power. DH Smith and Burchill as tag team champs? they could work well together lol. I think a stable like this would add to the mid-card anyway, so its not always focused on the main event feuds all the time!

Theo Dious
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Yeah, seriously. If they wanna take a bunch of the UK guys and be like "we're all friends because we're from the UK" that might be alright, but if they insist of waving the damn flags around and singing "God Shave the Queen" all the time, it's gonna piss me off.

Anybody Thrilla
06-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Hey, Team Zimbabwe had a lot of potential!

Kane Knight
06-07-2008, 03:06 PM

WWE are touring more and more overseas to make up for dwindling ticket sales in the US. It might be in their financial interests to do something like this, to help draw in other countries.

On the flipside, nationality stables generally suck, so I'm not sure it's actually a good idea.

Kane Knight
06-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, seriously. If they wanna take a bunch of the UK guys and be like "we're all friends because we're from the UK" that might be alright, but if they insist of waving the damn flags around and singing "God Shave the Queen" all the time, it's gonna piss me off.

LOL. Wouldn't it be awesome if they got together because they were drinking buddies or some shit?

NoRoolz
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
A football hooligan gang running riot in the WWE.

Kane Knight
06-07-2008, 04:32 PM
"We're the Manchester United Fanclub...From Ohio..."

thedamndest
06-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Sounds like my team right there.

Pardeep 619
06-07-2008, 07:49 PM
"We're the Manchester United Fanclub...From Ohio..."

Probably more Man Utd fans in Ohio than in Manchester

Mooияakeя™
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM

There are more fans of United in Poland than in Manchester, cos been as all the Polish are in England anyway, leaving the population of Poland to 239 (not including gypsies), this is of course true.

Jura
06-07-2008, 10:46 PM
USA! USA! USA!

Zen v.W.o.
06-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah, needs to be a new Hart Foundation-style group or nothing at all. Otherwise it's just cheap heel-heat.

The reason they weren't just a "team canada" or whatever stable that never really took off, like the Storm, Test, Christian and Regal stable, was because the Hart Foundation made sense to unite at the time. They were also blood related, and one of them was like family to them. And they all had gripes with one man, Austin.

They had solid reasons for also bashing Americans. Just gathering a bunch of guys together to bash america without any solid reason to do so seems a bit lazy and slightly played out. Besides, nobody wants to see America constantly hyped about being the greatest country in the world, blah blah blah.

KingofKings
06-08-2008, 07:52 AM

Haha very truee!!

The reason they weren't just a "team canada" or whatever stable that never really took off, like the Storm, Test, Christian and Regal stable, was because the Hart Foundation made sense to unite at the time. They were also blood related, and one of them was like family to them. And they all had gripes with one man, Austin.

They had solid reasons for also bashing Americans. Just gathering a bunch of guys together to bash america without any solid reason to do so seems a bit lazy and slightly played out. Besides, nobody wants to see America constantly hyped about being the greatest country in the world, blah blah blah.

Yeaa i understand it wouldnt be good if it was thrown together for no reason, i did mention that in an earlier post, it would be up to the creative to find a good enough reason to put them together, string it out abit and start seperate feuds with the stable members before bringing them together, i just hate the lack of mid-card storylines (apart from - oh he's the IC/US champ and he is the contender shit). Personally i think the WWE would be alot better if it focused on other rivalries aswell as the main event ones.