PDA

View Full Version : E3 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2008, 12:52 AM
The biggest event in the gaming industry gets busy July 14th (to 17th). This is one of the few occasions I look forward to each year (with the Fall videogame season). Hope we get some cool surprises and announcements.

Can't wait to see:

Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fable 2
Soulcalibur IV
Resistance 2
Nintendo's press conference

Watching with mild interest:

Naruto: Clash of The Ninja Revolution 2
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Left 4 Dead
Sony's press conference

LoDownM
06-12-2008, 12:58 AM
More NHL 2009 info.
Even tho I don't play WoW anymore. Wrath of the Lich King info

All i'm really looking foward too.

LoDownM
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh yeah, and more Far Cry 2 stuff.

Blitz
06-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Info on Call of Duty 5 and a new Suikoden is needed.

LoDownM
06-12-2008, 01:07 AM
A next-gen Suikoden would be sweet, but lately my attention span on games has been short. Can't even play Suikoden 2 for 15 minutes before I feel like doing something else :(

Crazy Nick
06-12-2008, 02:55 AM
I would like to know more info about how Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe is going to end up like.

MCEazy
06-12-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm hopin to see some more footage of RE5 and maybe a new Zelda (if we're lucky)

Mr Regal
06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I wanna see more on Fable2, it will complete me.

RoXer
06-18-2008, 10:17 AM
LEFT 4 DEAD

PapaGeorgio
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
The Big E3 List 2008
Confirmed games from the biggest US game show of the year.
by IGN Editorial Staff

June 11, 2008 - The always-popular Electronic Entertainment Expo has returned to its roots this year, with the annual game show moving back to the Los Angeles Convention Center after a solo season on the sunny beaches of Santa Monica. Kicking off on July 14 and running through July 17, E3 2008 showcases several of the year's biggest software titles from the industry's biggest publishers. In addition, special tie-in events like Gamecock's BE-3 Initiative and Activision's offsite press conference will spotlight new software as well.

To help celebrate the festivities, we're starting our E3 coverage right here and now. Listed below is every videogame that has been "officially confirmed" to appear at the show and concurrent events happening at the same. Just remember not to go crazy if your most anticipated title isn't on the list -- after all, E3 is known for its surprises and secrets, not every company is going to let us know everything ahead of time. That means that our list will by no means be complete until the show starts. Regardless, this page will continue to be updated immediately whenever we can confirm additional titles.

For your easy navigation, we've provided links to every game listed should you want to use our watch-list system to keep and eye on your favorite titles, and we've even included a handy countdown clock so you know exactly how much time is left before the show happens. Titles added in the last 48 hours are marked with a handy-dandy "New" icon as well.

Oh, and before we forget. If you're a publisher and want us to add games to your list, send us a complete description to this email address and we'll take care of the rest.

LAST UPDATE: June 18, 2008 06:03 PDT

Akella
Postal III (PC, X360) NEW

Bethesda Softworks
Fallout 3 (PC, PS3, X360)

Capcom
Bionic Commando (PC, PS3, X360)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (PC, PS3, X360)
Capcom Project #1 [untitled] (other)
Capcom Project #2 [untitled] (other)
Dark Void (PC, PS3, X360)
MotoGP 08 (other)
Neopets Puzzle Adventure (PC, Wii)
Plunder (PC, PS3, X360)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3, X360)
Spyborgs (Wii)
Street Fighter IV (PC, PS3, X360)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3, X360)

Codemasters
Damnation (PC, PS3, X360)
Dragonology (DS, Wii)
Jumpgate Evolution (PC)
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (PC, PS3, X360)
Rise of the Argonauts (PC, PS3, X360)
Wizardology (DS, Wii)

Crave Entertainment
Defendin' de Penguin (DS, Wii) NEW
Ford Racing Off Road (PS2, PSP, Wii) NEW
King of Clubs (Wii) NEW
PBR: Out of the Chute (PS2, Wii) NEW
Purr Pals (Wii) NEW
Solitaire & Mahjong (Wii) NEW

D3 Publisher
Bangai-O Spirits (DS)
Ben 10: Alien Force -- The Game (DS, PS2, PSP, Wii)
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 (Wii)
Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2 (DS)
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS, PC, X360)

Deep Silver
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (PC)

Disney Interactive Studios
Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell (DS) NEW
High School Musical 3: Senior Year (DS) NEW
High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance (PC, PS2, Wii, X360) NEW
Pure (PC, PS3, X360)
Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals (DS)
Ultimate Band (DS, Wii) NEW

Electronic Arts
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC, X360)
Crysis Warhead (PC)
Dead Space (PC, PS3, X360)
FaceBreaker (PS3, X360) NEW
FaceBreaker K.O. Party (Wii) NEW
Madden NFL 09 (PS3, X360) NEW
Madden NFL 09 All-Play (Wii) NEW
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PC, PS3, X360)
Mirror's Edge (PC, PS3, X360)
NBA Live 09 (PS3, X360) NEW
NCAA Football 09 (PS3, X360) NEW
Skate It (Wii)
Spore (PC)
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (PC, PS3, X360)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (PS3, PSP, X360) NEW
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play (Wii) NEW
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (PC)

Gamecock
Dungeon Hero (PC, X360) NEW
Legendary (PC, PS3, X360) NEW
Velvet Assassin (PC, X360) NEW

Microsoft
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (X360)
Fable 2 (X360)
Gears of War 2 (X360)
Halo Wars (X360)
Too Human (X360)
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (X360)

Midway Games
Blitz: The League II (PS3, X360)
Game Party 2 (Wii)
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3, X360)
TNA iMPACT! (PS2, PS3, Wii, X360)
This is Vegas (PC, PS3, X360)
Touchmaster 2 (DS)
Unreal Tournament III (X360)
Wheelman (PC, PS3, X360)

Namco Bandai
Soulcalibur IV (PS3, X360)

Natsume
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (DS)
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Wii)

Sony Computer Entertainment
Killzone 2 (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3)
Resistance 2 (PS3)
SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 [PSN] (PS3)
SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)

SouthPeak Interactive
B-Boy (PS2, PSP)
Big Bang Mini (DS)
Edge of Twilight (PC, PS3, X360)
Mister Slime (DS)
Monster Madness: Grave Danger (PS3)
Ninjatown (DS)
Two Worlds: The Temptation (PC, X360)

THQ
All-Star Cheer Squad (DS, Wii) NEW
Baja: Edge of Control (PS3, X360) NEW
Darksiders: Wrath of War (PS3, X360) NEW
Deadly Creatures (Wii) NEW
Red Faction: Guerrilla (PC, PS3, X360) NEW
Saints Row 2 (PC, PS3, X360) NEW
Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise (DS) NEW
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (DS, PS3, Wii, X360) NEW
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (PC) NEW
de Blob (Wii) NEW

Valve
Left 4 Dead (PC, X360)

Warner Bros. Interactive
LEGO Batman: The Videogame (DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, X360)
Project Origin (PC, PS3, X360)

XSEED Games
Little King's Story (Wii)
Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)

Kalyx triaD
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Nintendo is being rather silent about their reveals...

PapaGeorgio
06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Nintendo is being rather silent about their reveals...

Nintendo to Unveil 'Core' Titles at E3
Traditional fan base to be honored with new games.
by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

UK, June 17, 2008 - Nintendo could be unveiling several games for the Wii that will appear to its core fan base at this year's E3, according to comments from a company spokesperson.

Marc Franklin, director of public relations at Nintendo, told GamePro "…we will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3."

Sure to whip the flames of internet speculation into a veritable inferno, there are no precise details on what the titles may be, though a return to a classic franchise could possibly take the shape of the much rumoured Kid Icarus retread or a truly bespoke new Zelda adventure for the Wii - but don't shoot us if it's neither.

Franklin alluded to the console's fan base, telling GamePro that "The clear majority of people waiting in line outside retailers on Sunday mornings to buy their Wii consoles are core gamers."

The recent release of Okami for the Wii, as well as the unveiling of the Frank Miller tinged Mad World from Sega and Platinum Games also suggest a shift in publisher's attitudes to the system, with Franklin noting that "They realize that Wii is the current platform of choice in this generation, and their bottom lines depend on appealing to the largest base."

Kalyx triaD
06-18-2008, 08:09 PM
PR Loop Comments:
When the PR branch of a company issues an utterly non-point comment to the press that says absolutely nothing in regard to their company's agenda, though it often sounds as if they gave information. Carefully read, one could find that they actually said nothing at all.

EA and other 'annual developers' tend to do this alot. Nintendo not so much, but that's what I just read.

PapaGeorgio
06-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Pretty much yeah, but was just giving you the info that is out there.

Kalyx triaD
06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking a new Zelda for a 2010 release. TP was a GCN game ported over to Wii, a true Wii Zelda would own E3.

ClockShot
06-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Nice find on that list, Papa.

Only things I have/had my eye and are looking forward to are:

Darksiders: Wrath of War
SOCOM: Confrontation
Nintendo to say Zelda is in the works.

Pity that some of the "big boys" in the gaming world have backed out this year.

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Released Schedule for Press Conferences:

Monday
10:30 a.m. Microsoft
12:30 p.m. Square Enix
3 p.m. Electronic Arts

Tuesday
9 a.m. Nintendo
11:30 a.m. Sony
2: 30 p.m. Ubisoft
4:30 p.m. Capcom
7 p.m. Activision (Not part of E3)

Wednesday
10:45 a.m. Take Two
1 p.m. Entertainment Software Association
2:30 p.m. Konami

I recommend G4 and (oddly enough) Gamepro.com if you wanna get as up to date as possible. Other than that most respectable net-mags will have your fix within hours of major anouncements. I will continue my coverage of all things geektacular as I do in other threads with a fair amount links, copy-pastes, and whathaveyou in this very thread.

PapaGeorgio
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
ign.com is airing some of the press conferences live I think.

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
For insiders.

Damned if I gotta pay for news.

PapaGeorgio
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
hmm, my friend has an insiders account, may just borrow his. Otherwise they usually host the press conference after it is done. I enjoy watching Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony p.c.

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2008, 03:33 PM
That's where the industry shaking news happen.

PapaGeorgio
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I imagine the others will be mad boring. GO REGGIE!

PapaGeorgio
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
They all usually have some rofl moments in them though, like not purposefully funny but they will do something so stupid it is funny. Like when they announced Halo 3 edition of the 360 last year I think and like people were going all crazy for it, all it was was a different skin. UGH

Mike the Metal Ed
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Working during Nintendo's conference. :(

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Can't imagine what people expected.

The biggest news will come from Nintendo I think. They've been quiet...

I'd kill myself if they drop a Zelda MMO bomb, solving all of Nintendo's network issues in one attempt with a loved franchise to carry it through.

Then the world would end.

PapaGeorgio
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, Nintendo usually has the better conference mainly because they are so secretive about everything they do. Rumors are Kid Icarus, new Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Animal Crossing WII. All of which I am excited for, albeit different levels of excitement.

Hopefully they have some good news with like online shit, such as voice chat. Or maybe Virtual Boy 2.

Would be badass if Dreamcast 2 got announced.

Dorkchop
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I wonder if Nintendo will announce a completely new franchise. I'm thinking they'll announce established franchises like Animal Crossing, Zelda, and even Pikmin. Doubtful, but I'd love for them to announce a solution for their lack of Wii memory.

LoDownM
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Would be badass if Dreamcast 2 got announced.

Not unless someone throws a shitton of money at Sega to do it.

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I think Sega's comfortable where they are.

ClockShot
07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Ah. Ubisoft is gonna show up. I wanna hear their state of the state address of Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Mike the Metal Ed
07-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I wonder if Nintendo will announce a completely new franchise.
They announced two in 2006... One got cancelled, the other still hasn't materialised.

Boomer
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't have much hope for these anymore. Diablo III basically tides me over for anything I'd really want in the future.

Drakul
07-09-2008, 02:21 AM
Damn, I was in the middle of making an E3 2008 thread earlier but had to go out at the last minute. Thought "I'll do it again when I get back", Then Kalyx did it...you do that with a lot of the threads I plan to make in the VGForum. It's odd.

Anyway, a new Zelda has supposedly been in the works since TP was released so if it's being made, we'll see it this year. Since that Futuristic Zelda April Fools gag, everyone's been wanting a Zelda set in the future. I wouldn't like that at all. It would be like having Samus run around in a medieval suit of armour and equipped with a cross bow. A Zelda in any other setting than an old fasioned fantasy world is so unlikely that it's not worth hoping for in my opinion but Miyamoto has said that TP is the last Zelda of it's kind, whatever that means.
If it's a sequel to TP like a few people think it will be, it could finally explain the flood. Almost every Link has had two games
Loz + LoZ2:AoL
OoT + MM
WW + PH
So I can see it being another game set with TP Link. I hope that *TP spoilers warning still needed?*Midna returns though.

AC Wii is another thing that has apparantly been worked on since the Wii was launched so that could be another thing shown. I can't see them having more than one big announcement so if Zelda is there then I doubt we'll see Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Pikmin and the other games Nintendo fans are wetting themselves in hope for. I'm sure we'll get at least one Wii*verb* game though.

MCEazy
07-09-2008, 02:50 AM
but Miyamoto has said that TP is the last Zelda of it's kind, whatever that means.

I certainly hope it is, the series is in drastic need of an overhaul of sorts, at least when it comes to the console version. I've always loved the portable zelda's (especially LTTP and LA) and find no problem with them, but when it comes to the console zelda's, its become quite stale in some areas:

1. Same gameplay formula (exploring land, finding a dungeon, solving puzzles in that dungeon to obtain an item, using that item to solve more puzzles in the dungeon, and then using that item in a boss battle to defeat them. Earning some unique artifact of sorts for defeating the boss, and need to collect various numbers of those artifacts ranging from 3-8 in count in order to reach the next major segment of the game.

2. No voice acting of any kind (link doesn't have to speak but every other character should, Final Fantasy's been doing this for years so I don't see why Nintendo can't follow suit.)

3. Practically similar story storyline elements (A random boy chosen as a hero to save princess zelda/Tetra from ganondorf/*insert villian name here*, only real exceptions I can think off the top of my head to this are LA, OoA/OoS, MM and MC)

4. Underdeveloped supporting cast (aside from Lineback and Midna, there really hasn't been any new original characters or evolution for current character types ie. Gorons and zoras.

Only problem is you fix some or all of these issues and theres bound to have countless fanboys raving (just look at what happened w/ WW), not to mention Nintendo seems to be going on the "casual" side what with Phantom Hour Glass.

Now don't get me wrong, I love zelda and its been my favorite gaming series since I was little, but the series is in need of some changes in order to stay fresh.

Drakul
07-09-2008, 03:11 AM
I'm all for evolution but no to voices. I don't want everyone having an American accent, it just wouldn't sound right plus there is the chance the actors will be terrible. If they did voices, I'm sure it would be a safe bet that everyone will have an American accent except Ganondorf who will have a deep booming English accent and possibley Zelda would have an English accent as well purely because she's a princess.

I think the major issue with items is most become useless outside the dungeon you found them in. Yeah there are one or two spots in Hyrule Feild or the next dungeon you'll use the item but other than that, items become pointless after defeating the boss of the dungeon you found them in.

I loved what they did with Midna, really got attached to her through the game (well, as attached as you can get to a character in a game) which is why I really hope she returns. If Midna is a no show then I hope the next "side kick" character is just as cool and gets the same development.

Random thought. Kalyx said a Zelda MMO would be good. What if they did the MMO but you create a character and can't play as Link and you try and save the day. This could explain why the Hero never returned in the WW intro. That would mean you'd be playing a game that you would never win, though.

MCEazy
07-09-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm all for evolution but no to voices. I don't want everyone having an American accent, it just wouldn't sound right plus there is the chance the actors will be terrible. If they did voices, I'm sure it would be a safe bet that everyone will have an American accent except Ganondorf who will have a deep booming English accent and possibley Zelda would have an English accent as well purely because she's a princess.

I think the major issue with items is most become useless outside the dungeon you found them in. Yeah there are one or two spots in Hyrule Feild or the next dungeon you'll use the item but other than that, items become pointless after defeating the boss of the dungeon you found them in.

I loved what they did with Midna, really got attached to her through the game (well, as attached as you can get to a character in a game) which is why I really hope she returns. If Midna is a no show then I hope the next "side kick" character is just as cool and gets the same development.

Random thought. Kalyx said a Zelda MMO would be good. What if they did the MMO but you create a character and can't play as Link and you try and save the day. This could explain why the Hero never returned in the WW intro. That would mean you'd be playing a game that you would never win, though.

Yeah it would get annoying if everyone had an american VA, but if they were english it would work (or an option to have jap voice w/ subtitles maybe).

If there was a zelda MMO, theres no way it should be connected to the overall timeline, its too confusing as is.

Drakul
07-09-2008, 05:41 AM
That's why I wouldn't like voices. It'll be American or some upper class English accent. I think it's best left to the players imagination because I read the text with a Scottish accent because I see lots of Celtic inspiration while someone else might imagin another accent for another reason.

I guess an MMO would confuse things a bit but with no Link and no connection to the story, what would make it an LoZ MMO?

Destor
07-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Gorons/Zora/the word "Hyrule."

PapaGeorgio
07-09-2008, 09:26 AM
AC Wii is another thing that has apparantly been worked on since the Wii was launched so that could be another thing shown. I can't see them having more than one big announcement so if Zelda is there then I doubt we'll see Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Pikmin and the other games Nintendo fans are wetting themselves in hope for. I'm sure we'll get at least one Wii*verb* game though.

I would expect 2-3 announced. Nintendo doesn't really have any big games planned for right now. I would expect Kid Icarus/Animal Crossing to come out around the Holiday season. If Zelda is announced, the game won't come out for a while, probably next years holiday season at the earliest. I could see Pikmin coming out next summer or so when they need something to hold people over. No idea on Star Fox though. And you also have the Wario Land game to fit in there somewhere.

Like I know the Wii is basically all Nintendo games, but for awhile like every month there was a new Nintendo game that came out and they all were pretty decent. It is amazing how quick they went through their normal games for a system in almost a year, year and a half we saw all the big ones (even if some were semi-ports) of Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Wario Warez, Metroid, etc.

Drakul
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Well, there are still a few they have yet to use.

Star Fox, Pikmin, AC, F-Zero, Chibi-Robo, Doshin the Giant, Mario Tennis/Golf and maybe a new series or a reinvetion of an old series like Kid Icarus or Ice Climbers and even (rumoured) Duck Hunt 2 coming to WiiWare.
If they spread them out, it could last the Wiis life span

PapaGeorgio
07-09-2008, 12:49 PM
But even then none of those titles are big name titles that will move more systems. Mario Sports games aren't anything all that great. AC, Pikmin, Star Fox, F-Zero are semi good titles but not nearly as big as the big 3 (Zelda, Mario, Metroid). Dunno, should be interesting, hopefully they have some surprise bigger than Wii Music or some shit.

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I have no idea how to explain the coincidence in our threads, but I know we're the best entertainment journalist in TPWW.

Creating your own character in a Zelda MMO would be ideal. Plus we could still get Link's interaction in Hyrule from a third person perspective, building his legend (similar to Snake in MGS2). I imagine a huge rebuilt hub-world making up Hyrule with plenty of time wasting activities and monsters to slay. There shouldn't be a level system, I'd see the game as being more light hearted than other MMOs.

As for E3; bring on some Earthbound Nintendo!

PapaGeorgio
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I don't know about a Zelda MMO, would be mad crazy. Although thinking bout it I guess parts could work with all the different species within the Hyrule world. Would just be weird, dunno. But doubt Nintendo would fuck up Zelda these days.

Animal Crossing Wii will be amazing. Should be MMO like, it has to be based around online play though. I want to be RDD's neighbor in it.

Drakul
07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you a game that is supposedly leaked and to be officially revealed at E3.
A game for the Wii and made by the people that brought you Chibi-Robo.
I present to you...
Captain Rainbow!
<iframe src="http://www.wipido.com/main/video/external/1722" style="border:none; width:486px;height:472px;overflow:hidden;" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Scan can be found here. (http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/84980_viploader695606_122_170lo.jpg)

Info:
Captain Rainbow is an upcoming game for the Nintendo Wii, made by skip Ltd., the creators of Chibi Robo. The main character "Nick" is able to transform into the "Captain Rainbow" who dresses like a superhero wielding a yo-yo. The game features a stylized cartoon look. The trailer for Captain Rainbow is narrated by the Nintendo character Birdo and the game will feature cameos from past minor Nintendo characters.
Thoughts?

Kalyx triaD
07-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Easily the most homosexual game in history.

Expressive, though.

Extreme Angle
07-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Looks pretty good tbh

Drakul
07-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Some Captain Rainbow info, no source was given.
The Captain Rainbow of the title is the alter ego of Nick, a typical geeky guy with a penchant for loud, flower-themed clothing. As the eponymous captain, he's a super-studly hero with a bunch of crazy fighting moves and a magic yo-yo to finish the bad guys off with, but his popularity with the kids just isn't there -- in fact, the ratings for his TV show are just about in the dumps. So Nick takes a trip to Mimin Island, a fabled land where it's said your wishes can come true -- but thanks to an unexpected turn of events, it's actually Captain Rainbow who has to help out all the island's inhabitants with their own wishes.

While it sounds interesting after reading that, I'm not going to judge one way or the other yet but with the name and slightly camp looking main character, I'm bracing myself for a whole bunch of gay parodies to appear on the internet soon.
Why does Birdo freak out every few seconds though and who wants to bet when it's redone in English Birdo will either have a female voice or just make those strange noises she usually makes?

Drakul
07-13-2008, 01:50 PM
More Nintendo games leaked before E3...

Taken from: http://gonintendo.com/?p=49268

NGamer snippet…

“And if all goes to plan (and our sources haven’t played a mean trick on us), that hands-on coverage will be of Animal Crossing and Punch-Out!! Wii, aka Nintendo’s great hopes for 2008.”

Animal Crossing Wii

- game has been finished for awhile
- not an MMO
- heavy use of WFC

Punch-Out!! Wii

- balance board support for dodging/weaving
- Wiimote/Nunchuk boxing ala Wii Sports Boxing

Now I need to go buy the Balance Board...

PapaGeorgio
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Very excited about Animal Crossing, look forward to hearing more about it. You all think Punch Out will be WiiWare game or what?

Drakul
07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Well it could be a "regular" game on a disc if they have enough modes and content.

Also, I've heard mention of Capcom working on a new F-Zero for the Wii but I haven't read anything from a decent source. Just on forums.

Jura
07-14-2008, 08:35 AM
There's gonna be an Xbox with 60 GB for the old price of a 20GB ($349.99)

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
MS conference in an hour and a half and the Too Human demo is out on Live :D

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
10:10 am PT: Nearby the entrance, a few cameras are aimed at some whiteboards, with attendees scribbling personalized messages to be transmitted to the central screen. "Wii sucks!" is the best some immature attendee could come up with. We quickly rub it out and draw an enormous and somewhat crooked penis.

lol

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
10:14 am PT: "Xbox 360 street talk" plays on the screen, a brief montage of people (on the street) talking up their Xbox 360 experiences.

10:15 am PT: The people are quizzed on gaming lingo -- "newb," "pwned" and "melee." That last one's a place in Asia, apparently. "RPG?" "Road performance System." Weep for America.

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I heard Kid Icarus for the Wii is all but confirmed to be revealed at E3.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
10:32 am PT: Please welcome, Don Mattrick, senior vice president of the entertainment biz. He welcomes us to the home of "fun and entertainment for everyone" "Good morning everyone, it's my privilege to welcome all of you to E3. Welcome to Xbox 360 -- home to the biggest blockbusters... the biggest sellers on 360: GTA4, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed... we proved without a doubt that 360 delivers the biggest and best hits for gamers."

10:33 am PT: "Franchises like Rock Band, Guitar Hero... the success of these titles proves that Xbox can deliver to EVERYONE. The question we get every day is: can we deliver to our fiercely loyal fans while continuing to transform the industry? The answer is yes, and today we'll prove how."

Idiot, bar one game, the rest are all on PS3 as well

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
FALLOUT

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
MMMM I want Fallout like NOW

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Hell yeah shit loads of DLC!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
RE 5!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
lol nice teamwork

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
0:37 am PT: "You just saw the first half of a trailer that will debut online in just a few hours and on Xbox Live... when we did Oblivion on the 360, we took a lot of risks and learned a lot. We've taken all that learning and applied it to Fallout 3...." Demoing the game, controller disconnected. "I'm good..." A ruined Washington DC is our first sight, with a third-person camera switching to first person as a floating robot whizzes by The PIPboy 3000 is shown (it's on your wrist!) and Todd examines his stats and his "ridiculously violent" weapons

10:39 am PT: You can play stealthily, aggressively and... oh, Todd has gone for the aggressive route. He pulls out a rifle, and targets the body parts of a nearby enemy. He fires a shot, with a slow-mo shaky cam shot showing limbs exploding violently. We're going to like this game. Some cute marching band music plays in the background, rendering a truly surreally violent encounter. Todd switches to a laser rifle and targets the torso of another enemy. Pow, splatter, smile.

10:40 am PT: The world's scale is enormous, with dilapidated strcutures and roads covering the entire field of view. Todd whips out a rocket launcher and wreaks havoc, followed by an EMP grenade which shuts down a robotic baddie.

10:41 am PT: "You can be a good person, a bad person and anyone in-between. A helicopter lands, kicking up dust. The "fatman," a mini nuclear bomb catapult is the response. The camera follows the warhead in slow-mo all the way to its destination. "It's a pretty effective weapon."

10:42 am PT: "I just wanted to say how much we love XBLM... we'll be doing substantial exclusive 360 and Games For Windows downloadable content. Thank you!" Jun Takeuchi, producer of RE5 is up. He's sporting an awesome Umbrella sweater. The world's first playable demo is about to be shown

PLEASE LET THAT RE5 DEMO BE ON LIVE!

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM
lol nice teamwork

lol, sure was

10:44 am PT: The game's director takes the controller, guiding Chris through a grimy abandoned building. He takes out a couple of enemies, with each shot sending them recoiling in a fairly believable way. The graphics are looking sharp -- and bright. Thanks, African sun.

10:45 am PT: The online co-op mode is confirmed, with another player taking control of Sheva, Chris' female companion. She collects some healing items, leaps down into a building and takes out those pesky not-zombies with a well-placed shot to -- of course -- an exploding barrel. While she has her hands full, Chris snipes from a distance, reducing enemy heads to clouds of red mush. Now that's teamwork!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Fable II now

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
10:46 am PT: (By the way, leaked news)

* Portal: Still Alive, Lips, Uno Rush, Galaga Legions to be announced at Microsoft Press Conference
* Microsoft's Lips supports motion-sensitive wireless mics
* Portal: Still Alive heading to Xbox Live Arcade
* Galaga: Legions goes to XBLA, from Pac-Man CE team

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Aww how cute a dog.

Now Co-Op on Live. :eek:

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
10:49 am PT: Peter Molyneux is up from Lionhead to talk Fable II. "Fable II is finished! All that innovation and drama has come together, and I'm going to share with you a few moments. ... we tried to put a lot of creativity and invention into the RPG." Demo video time.

10:51 am PT: His lugubrious voice confirms it: Fable 2 is finished. The opening moments begin to play. A bird soars through a winter-gripped forest, with castles looming in the distance. The bird flies across a sprawling town, with people walking about doing... well, fantasy world type things. The bird lands on a tower and promptly poops on a character down below. You're the little kid who just got an unpleasant surprise from the sky. We're shown the world of Albion. The hero and his doggy companion stand in a thick forest. Online co-op is here, with a new "twist."

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Yay I can get drunk in Fable! WOOOO

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
So Fable II is actually a Sims RPG?

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Gears of War II

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Fable II this October

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:53 PM
10: 52 am PT: "I want to show you the ability to play in coop mode over Xbox live..." there are orbs that wander around the scenery, Fable II players in single-player mode, can invite them to the game. "Why? Your hero, your world is unique to you... we've got a dynamic landscape that changes, you want to invite people in!" Little orbs represent your friends playing their single-player games -- inviting them into the game is a matter of walking up to the orbs and pulling them into your game. Just like that, no lobbies.

10:53 am PT: Your world and character is unique to your game, so friends can hang out (or fight) in each other's worlds. Peter is taking his friend to his house to meet his wife and son. "It's the things that other games don't do... hang out in the bar and get drunk, chat people up, there' a whole wealth of things you can do. One of the things you can do is get married. ... I'm not a rich adventurer, but I've got a lovely family life, there's my son, and my coop buddy can interact with them. (My wife actually likes belching, by the way.)"

10:54 am PT: They stand in a quaint room, one soon filled with burping characters. The friend can even chat up Peter's wife, he notes. Oh, and one last bit of news: It's out in October (this year!)

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
10:55 am PT: A new clip plays. It's Gears of War 2, and we see Marcus and Dom in a bad place. Bad place referring to an underground cavern overrun with locust of all shapes and sizes. Marcus, with Locust shield in hand, runs straight into the madness.

10:56 am PT: Oh, it's Cliff Bleszinski. He's excited about the locust's return, and he's about to show off the 2-player co-op mode. Time to mow down some locust

Another co-op mode? I SEE A THEME

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
10:57 am PT: Marcus walks towards an enormous (huge!) sinkhole, one that's swallowed chunks of an entire city. Yeah, these graphics aare impressive. A great sense of scale and... uh oh. Marcus is fighting a gladiatorial, mace-swinging creep. Once he's gone, the hammer of dawn takes out a couple of reavers

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
10:58 am PT: A locust attackes with a flamethrower, which Marcus promptly scoops up and uses to raost enemies to a crisp

11:00 am PT: More grappling hooks show up, and a stream of locusts launches an attack. Dust and rubble is everywhere. A Brumak shows up, with its shots from down below making the entire building break apart and shake

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
GOW II a few weeks before Thanksgiving

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
11:01 am PT: Marcus and dom escape the collapsing building in a busted elevator. On the other side of the door is a brumak. The entire building is sideways, and Marcus and Dom make their way through several windows and doors, trying to get around the Brumak

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
11:02 am PT: "If they can ride them, so can we." Brumak riding? Sign us up. The demo ends. A new mode is called "Horde," a five-player co-op mode taking on waves and waves of locust. "Also, another announcement I have today -- a new mode. It's called horde, up to 5 players can take on wave after wave of increasingly difficult locust. It will be available November 7th worldwide exclusively on Xbox 360."

Fable 2: October
GOW2: November

Fuck me that's a couple of good months.

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:03 PM
FABLE

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't care about all of this since I don't download movies or shows.

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:07 PM
FABLE II

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Video chat = YAY CYBER SEX

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Mii-Box!

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
The old look was better

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Totally ripping off the Wii there

Destor
(boo)

KingofOldSchool
"Yes, you can make yourself to look like an even bigger geek than you are in real life!"

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Did I mention Fable 2?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't care about all of this since I don't download movies or shows.

Same, thats what blu-ray/HD-DVD is/was for

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
11:12 am PT: A brand new interface for the dashboard, complete with 3D slides and.. yes, that's probably one of those Avatars. It's coming this Fall. "When people turn on their Xbox 360s this fall, they'll get an entirely new interface and dashboard, an entirely new Xbox through the magic of software."

Looks hot

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Coming to the X-Box 360 this Christmas, MySims 360!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Have an Avatar Orgy Party! WOOOOO

KingofOldSchool
1 vs. 100!

YES!

#BROKEN Hasney
That avatars thing is just Miis and, to a lesser extent, PS3s home characters.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Dashboard:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/msft-e308-keynote-9-8.jpg

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
No Bob Saget = FAIL

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
New Uno game, nice

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:17 PM
uno looks cool

Hey, did I mention Fable II is coming out this fall?

#BROKEN Hasney
"XBL primetime combines the best of TV and of games to provide an entirely new gaming experience... and the best part, you'll all be able to win real prizes. This is opening the next frontier in entertainment. Developers are flocking to XBL Primetime asking how can we play? Instead of checking what's on TV this fall, you'll turn on Xbox and ask what's on Live. Now, let's go to the games channel..."

KingofOldSchool
lol Galaga yes

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Portal

:cool:

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
PORTAL! YES!!!

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
11:19 am PT: The Live party jumps from phot sharing into a new Uno game. The avatars are all represented on screen. A new Geometry Wars game is (finally) shown, depicting a frenzy of colors, explosions and all-around wrecking of 'tangles

11:20 am PT: A true sequel to the original Galaga is coming, Galaga Legion. It looks insanely colorful, bordering on the edge of seizure-inducing signals. We think we like it.

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Portal 2 this fall, NICE!

SOUTH PARK YES!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
I better get to play as Butters, dammit!

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
11:21 am PT: A special guest speaker arrives over audio. It's GLADOS from Portal -- she's announcing a "2008 exclusive" for Xbox 360, Portal: Still Alive. Portal: Still Alive, new levels and achievements coming this fall We'd never think we'd be so happy to hear her voice again, even though she's probably just going to try to kill us again.

KingofOldSchool
LOL Netflix

#BROKEN Hasney
Honset to fucking god, MS are whooping ass this year.

KingofOldSchool
Wow that's pretty cool.

LoDownM
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I only caught the Fallout and RE5 parts of the Microsoft thing, gonna watch the whole thing later, but holy shit I want them 2 games now.

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Banjo

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Banjo :love:

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Viva Pinata 2

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:26 PM
11:26 am PT: Popular games are on the 360, he says. GTA IV's exlcusive DLC will be a "huge event," and over 1000 games will be available on the system by the end of 2008. Rare's games (for everybody, remember) are to be shown next.

11:27 am PT: We see Banjo assembling a flying contraption and busting out of his house (that seems like an expensive way to leave your home every time.) It's their greatest adventure yet (it says), with the bear and bird piloting all manner of vehicles and crashing into huge dominoes (naturally.)

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Viva Pinata Troube in Paradise?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Kofi_Kingston_Rosemont_IL_031108.jpg/200px-Kofi_Kingston_Rosemont_IL_031108.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
11:28 am PT: A Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise clip plays, playing on our "Awww, how cute" reactions with pinata piggies, birdies and other chocolate-filled creatures. We just want to eat them up.

KingofOldSchool
New Scene It, I still need the 1st one.

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Viva Pinata Troube in Paradise?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Kofi_Kingston_Rosemont_IL_031108.jpg/200px-Kofi_Kingston_Rosemont_IL_031108.jpg
lol

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:29 PM
11:29 am PT: ""Xbox 360 brings everyone together for fun... this morning I have two new games that do that. Let's take al ook..." Banjo -- the original classic -- will be released on Xbox Live Arcade this holiday

YESSSSSSSS

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
lol film your own movies, that's kinda cool...I don't think it will be any good though.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
11:29 am PT: ""Xbox 360 brings everyone together for fun... this morning I have two new games that do that. Let's take a look..."Two new games are meant to ensnare the casual crowd. The first: a movie quiz game (which also supports the big button controller and avatars it seems), Scene It: Box Office Smash.

11:32 am PT: It'll be the first retail game to utilize the avatars. Codemasters and Zoe mode also provide an 360 exclusive: You're in the Movies.

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:31 PM
lol what a goon

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
She need's encouragement because she's fat and has low self-esteem.

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
gay

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL really?

SERIOUSLY?

What?

AHAHAHAHA

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
lol the are included the vision cam with the game

#BROKEN Hasney
11:36 am PT: "Dance to the boogie! Strike a Pose!" You know what, no. This is just getting weird, watching Microsoft execs making fools of themselves. Do we laugh? Do we applaud? Do we quietly slink into our seats and pray for it to be over?

KingofOldSchool
Lips is set to be introduced

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
"Make your own instrumentals! YAY!"

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
And some Red Octane guy on stage about Guitar Hero

KingofOldSchool
LOL look at the goon talking about Metallica

KingofOldSchool
R.E.M. > Metallica

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Wait if you can import songs to this game via an MP3 player, consider me SOLD.

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
The question is, how the freak can the game know the lyrics to a song that is obscure or something?

Who the fuck is this horrible bitch?

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
*presses MUTE frantically*

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:46 PM
She's a FEATURED artist?

Really?

REALLY?

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Time for Rock Band 2

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I WANT TO SEE SOME PEARL JAM

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:49 PM
BOB DYLAN!!!!!!!!

Destor
that was awful

Boomer
Well they already announced the set list earlier today. You may have already known that.

KingofOldSchool
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Well they already announced the set list earlier today. You may have already known that.

It's news to me.

Boomer
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
IGN posted it. All are masters.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:52 PM
AC/DC!

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Almost all of RB1's tracks?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Also, what was the deal with all the errrring

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
YOU CAN GO YOUR OWN WWWAAAAYYY

GO YOUR OWN WAAAAYYY

Destor
07-14-2008, 02:56 PM
looked cool

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:56 PM
And there's more. Harmonix actually wanted to toss in 100 tracks total for the disk, but couldn't get them all in one time to ship for Xbox 360 by September. So this fall, MTV is releasing an additional 20 downloadable master tracks... for free. By year's end this will mean RB fans will have access to more than 500 songs.

:drool:

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, and he said they would be available to download before the game comes out :D

P.S. Can anyone understand this SquarEnix guy?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I thought he just said it was a pretty shit movie, but he said short movie.

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Final Fantasy?

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Final Fantasy XIII

Boomer
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
No fucking way did they just pull that shit. XIII on the 360....

Destor
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
HOLY CRAP! If they can get FFXIII then there's a small chance I might not have to buy a PS3 for Kingdom Hearts 3!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
No fucking way did they just pull that shit. XIII on the 360....

Next year...Uncharted 2 on the 360.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Yup, 13 on 360...

Shits about to hit the fan.

Boomer
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I retract my previous statement about E3 not being anything exciting anymore.

Gametrailers spent like 10 minutes discussing the (possible) game of the show yesterday and not once did they mention FFXIII.

Destor
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM
HOLY CRAP! If they can get FFXIII then there's a small chance I might not have to buy a PS3 for Kingdom Hearts 3!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111!!!!!111!!!!!!1one!!!

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm surprised they didn't pimp Halo Wars.

Boomer
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Gamespot had a rumor about a new Halo game, but meh.

Rarely check or believe Gamespot anymore.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I was most looking forward to Nintendos conference as they said there would be some big announcements for "core" gamers, but I just don't see how they can keep up with this.

Kudos MS, kudos.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Gamespot had a rumor about a new Halo game, but meh.

Rarely check or believe Gamespot anymore.

It appeared in a list of games at either Wal-Mart or Best Buy, called Halo "Blue".

There could still be hope, there's a countdown on bungie.net with about 2 days to go.

http://www.bungie.net/defaultsi.aspx

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
RIP Sony.

Final Fantasy 13 on XB360.

I thought I'd be doing most of the covering, nice to see I can sit back and read the news.

MCEazy
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
How did microsoft possibly manage to get FF13?! its all sony had left realistically (unless you count that bigplanet game)

Drakul
07-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Nintendo has revealed Wii MotionPlus, an attachment for the Wii Remote that offers true one-to-one movement for upcoming Wii games.

The Wii MotionPlus attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer inside it and the sensor bar on the top of your TV, gives what Nintendo is calling "more comprehensive tracking of a player's arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion."

According to Nintendo, "every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play".

What could this mean in terms of games to be revealed at Nintendo's conference tomorrow? All will be revealed here...

http://medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/screenshot_10766.jpg

Could it be used for a new Zelda? Swing the Remote and have it actually mimic your swing?

I thought I'd be doing most of the covering, nice to see I can sit back and read the news.
Yeah, I thought the same. No doubt I'll be watching the Nintendo conference live tomorrow.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
How did microsoft possibly manage to get FF13?! its all sony had left realistically (unless you count that bigplanet game)

I don't know, but I think 'souls' were a part of the transaction somewhere in the contract.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 03:40 PM
XBox 360's interface is getting an overhaul; sweet stuff described.

This is already a damn good E3.

MCEazy
07-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't know, but I think 'souls' were a part of the transaction somewhere in the contract.

I think so, no amount of money could be used as a bargaining tool in this case.

I hope nintendo can come at least close to the magnitude of MS's conference.

Vietnamese Crippler
07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Sadly, the only way Nintendo can top this is if they announced Metroid, Mario, and Zelda all at once :(

I'm more curious to see what Sony does.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Sadly, the only way Nintendo can top this is if they announced Metroid, Mario, and Zelda all at once :(

Come out on stage, say "So MS has FF13?..... Fudge has been made"

Vietnamese Crippler
07-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Distinct possibility, yes.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow, Square/Microsoft just royally fucked up Sony.

OssMan
07-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh my goodness I want to kiss babies rn. Seriously amazing news.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Odd.... Apparently it's only coming out in the West on the 360. No planned Japanese release on the 360... I mean, it makes sense since the 360 is doing shit in Japan, but you'd think Microsoft would want it there too.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Microsoft had a kick-ass press conference.

- New Dashboard Interface coming this Fall.
- New Mii-like avatar system, will integrate in some games as well as new XBLive features.
- Netflix integrated into Live.
- New social interactions, watch movies with friends, participate in out-of-game lobbies (Live Parties).
- XBLive Primetime brings gameshows to Live, with dedicated hosts. 1 vs 100 will be the first.

- Fable 2 is finished.
- Drop in and out co-op play, no lobbies (though a minor set-up screen).
- Get your virtual family a puppy.
- Drops this October.

- Fallout 3 boasts "100 hours of gameplay".

- Resident Evil 5 has co-op play, with special team moves.
- No friend, there seems to be a hot-swap system (-RE 0?)
- Game drops March 13.

- Gears of War 2 features a 5 plyr co-op mode called Horde.
- Drops this November.

- Appearently, Microsoft and Square-Enix are BFF now. We've gotten clues of this with Star Ocean (Spring), The Last Remnant (Holidays), and Infinate Undiscovery (Sept); but I didn't think they were gonna drop the FFXIII bomb.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Sony has something big planned too, to at least do damage control.

Shaggy
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Microsoft had a kick ass showing this year. I was sitting watching with a smile on my face the whole time.

And the coolest thing is that shit is already hitting xbox live as we speak.

Just downloaded that Star Ocean trailer along with a new Halo Wars. Also the Demo for Too Human popped up.

The overhaul caught me a little off guard but I think im gonna really enjoy the avatar thing. I now for sure I will enjoy the Netflix thing. Now only does Netflix now have their own TV stream box thing but they also have streaming over the 360. Netflix is taking over the world....

KingofOldSchool
07-14-2008, 05:09 PM

"....Home is coming out. When? Soon...thank you and goodnight"

Vietnamese Crippler
07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
"... Oh, and the PS3 40GB is now $249. GOOD NIGHT!"

:shifty:

MCEazy
07-14-2008, 06:05 PM
"... Oh, and the PS3 40GB is now $149. GOOD NIGHT!"

:shifty:

*Editors note: Considering the circumstances (being ass-raped by the FF announcement) $149 seems more appropriate.*

Blitz
07-14-2008, 06:05 PM
So fucking happy I have a 360. FF XIII :love:

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Eating crow... with vitamines... and saying my prayers...

WWE Legends is infact a Legends only wrestler, not some off-shooter fighter like I thought.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/888/888860/wwe-legends-of-wrestlemania-20080714095530332.jpg

Lookin good.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 07:51 PM
G4 has Ghostbusters (PS3 ver.) footage and it looks sweet. All the original cast are BACK. You play a rookie fifth member. The Ghostbuster's lore fits nicely in gameplay form.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='article_ID=889228&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/889/889228/newxboxlive_071408_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
*Whew*

EA is going to publish id's newest IP, Rage - the next PC shooter to make your comp die trying to run its super visuals and wacky detail. Rage is not a follow up to Doom, and the departure extends to vehicle usage.

Sepholio
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, SE has fucked over their loyal Sony fanbase and made me finally get a 360. However, in the long run, I see this really fucking them over in Japan. Their Japanese fanbase, which is WAY more massive than their American fanbase, is going to be fucking livid pretty soon considering they all worship Sony still. The only plus side to Sony fans out of this is they did say they may port the 360 exclusives to PS3 the way they are doing FFXIII the other way. The better announce SO4 coming to PS3 tomorrow; I could care less about IU.

If Sony doesn't pull something amazing out of their asses tomorrow, I am finally going to lose my faith in them.

I still want to know what MS did to get SE on their side. I mean the obvious answer is money but I never saw this one coming. The only other reason I can think of is the fact that 360 development is easier than PS3 development and when considering SE games already take a dickyear to make, the extra time spent on PS3 development probably hurts them to much in the long run for it to make sense.

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm rooting for Sony this year, but they'll need more than God of War 3 to counter Microsoft's show. And they better toss another few millions at Konami to keep MGS4 exclusive for another 100 years... just cause.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah, Sony needs something big, just to keep their system moving in sales. I don't regret my Ps3, as the games I want are still on it, but if there system sales come to a hault, that'd obviously hurt things in the future.

They really need a fricking like FF7 or Chrono Trigger remake. That would move systems IF it was exclusive. God of War 3 and Tekken 6 will be badass, but they aren't really system sellers. Hopefully Sony can get in on the Dead Rising sequel (doubtful) as that would help them too.

Ultimately though, it looks like 3rd party exclusives are dying. While Sony does have great 1st party games, none of them are really huge system sellers either. I mean, Uncharted 2 will undoubtly be great, but it won't move half the systems FF 13 would.

U-Warrior
07-15-2008, 01:03 AM
The God of War series isn't a system seller? Really?

I thought that was one of sony's best sellers. More so than final fantasy, in america at least.

And even though they wouldn't be a major profit, because people are stupid, Shadow of the Colossus 2 and Psi-Ops 2 would be awesometacular.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Nah, God of War won't sell more systems than Final Fantasy. It'll sell systems, but not in the same quantity. Sony is going to need a good handful of system sellers to make up for losing FF13 as an exclusive.

Extreme Angle
07-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Xbox has won. Just watched all of the videos, best start saving if I want all these immense games.

Destor
07-15-2008, 03:06 AM
My stance on buying PS3:

There are three games I want in the future on PS3. MGS4, GOW3, and KH 3. The only one that will make me buy it is KH3. I want to play the opther two really bad, but I don't have to. I GOW is an awesome series, but a 10 hour game isn't going to sell me system, like wise MGS4 is great but not enough to put me over the top. The only franchise that will make me buy it is KH. Dunno. If XBox gets KH fuck a PS3.

Requiem
07-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Oh shit.. I forgot about KH3. If I had the money, I'd probably buy a PS3 for that and GoW3 alone. MGS4 and Little Big Planet would just be a bonus.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Mirror's Edge looks pretty slick, but we'll see if it ends up being any good.

My big concern for Sony is that they won't have anything major this E3, and won't recover with something decent until the Tokyo Game Show. I'm betting E3 will be like "Hey, look... Killzone 2... Little Big Planet... Ummm... new Pain level coming soon... FF 13.... "

GoW 3 would be nice, but we'll see... I'm thinking Kingdom Hearts 3 will probably be at TGS.... Hopefully another Suikoden by then too.

Destor
07-15-2008, 04:13 AM
On the subject of GOW with Jafee not working for Sony anymore I have doubts in how good the story will be I so I dunno about.

As far as KH3 goes I don't think it's coming sround until next year, we might get a new trailer but thats it.

Drakul
07-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Matt Casamassina - no Kid Icarus at E3 tomorrow

Uh-oh. Looks like we’re going to have to wait a little longer than E3 to see the kid fly again. Not too long, though, hopefully. - Matt Casamassina

A lot of us were expecting this game as a lock for tomorrow. Now, with Nintendo’s new MotionPlus announcement, I have no idea what to expect from Nintendo tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that sent this in.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=49497

Oh well, no Kid Icarus then...unless it's some kind of swerve :shifty:

I still think it's likely a new Zelda could be announced. With Kid Icarus being confirmed as not being at E3 and with the new Wii MotionPlus which does 1:1 movement (great for swordplay) I think it's looking very likely. They could package the MotionPlus with a new Zelda.

Outsider
07-15-2008, 06:32 AM
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

I won't have to pay several hundred pounds (that I don't have) to play Final Fantasy XIII.

My g/f is gonna be pissed.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Disturbed316
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Awesome year for Microsoft. Sony are gonna need something huge to combat this.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Nintendos up in about 10 minutes, followed straight after by Sony.

MS have set the bar really high now though. I don't think Nintendo has anything :( Then again, I thought the same about MS and then TWO HOURS LATER I was blown away.

Halo 4 coming to Wii??!!?? :shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
The very first image we were bombarded with upon entry was that of totally old people playing Wii. Confidence ... failing.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh look, people of all ages enjoying Nintendo

*yawn*

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Shaun White Snowboarding game using balance board revealed. (watching on G4 TV)

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
"We promise to keep the world smiling". Gay.

And Reggies not opening the conference :(

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Shaun White Snowboarding game using balance board revealed. (watching on G4 TV)

gay

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Like man dude, like it's so cool, like dude man i can't describe it.

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Host Cammy Dunaway tests out the game herself, manages to play better than the gold medalist lol.

#BROKEN Hasney
He's too stoned to care. Fucking carrot top.

KingofOldSchool
Awww no Mii for this guy?

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Iwata's up now, speaking of 'common sense' curiously...

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
wooo, Iwata. Reggie and Shiggsy better be there :mad:

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Booorrrriiing

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
lol, "wividly"

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, how can the creator of something like Kirby be so boring.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
lol "No Signal"

Even the G4 feed thinks this is boring

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe boring, but he's spitting real.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM
He feels and sounds like one of those really REALLY boring college professors

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Maybe boring, but he's spitting real.

This is a showcase of upcoming products not a verbal self blowjob of past accomplishments.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Animal Corssing

#BROKEN Hasney
No, "real" is some fucking games. I don't give a shit as to their approach. GIVE ME SOME NEW FUCKING GAMES. My Wiis not been on for ages :(

KingofOldSchool
lol "City Folk"

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
lol no objectives?

#BROKEN Hasney
Yeah, that's the Wii AC on screen. Not updated the GFX, but it's still a fun little game.

Kalyx triaD
Animal Crossing Wii shown, new 'City' areas included.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
lol no objectives?

When has it ever had an objective? The online features sound pretty cool.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
lol a WiiMic

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
WiiSpeak, a "community microphone" announced.

Kalyx triaD
VOICE CHAT

KingofOldSchool
When has it ever had an objective? The online features sound pretty cool.

At least the Gamecube one you had to deliver stuff to people and such.

#BROKEN Hasney
FFS, you'll just here kids mum yelling tidy your room you little shit and stuff

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
At least the Gamecube one you had to deliver stuff to people and such.

Oh, it'll have that. Just no main objective for the game.

Wow, they just said you could make new friends. Nintendo are going to allow you to talk to people outside your friend list?

REGGIE!!!! <3

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Reggie's up.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
lol I can't wait to see people try to have Wii Cyber Sex with the Wi-Fi mail thing via Animal Crossing.

"Hey, sexy what r u wearing??"

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
At least ACs out this year.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:29 PM
POKEMON...Poke with the Poke and the mon

Kane Knight
07-15-2008, 12:29 PM
LOL. A new innovative Wii sensor add on that will be compatible with the THREE new games they'll put out before moving on to the Nintendo Wang, their new 64 bit video game system.

And a microphone. Umm...Yay.

So...Anything GOOD announced for Nintendo?

There's a ton of good stuff for the other consoles.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Or the horny males thought that by buying a DS, they will have a connection with one of those chicks.

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Powerpoint talk...

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Too bad most of those games suck.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Are they counting VC and WiiWare in those titles?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:34 PM
3 new Wii games on this conference only

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Star Wars, The Clone Wars.

Yes, we get it. Lightsaber+Wii controller = greatness

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Hmmm Clone Wars...not bad, probably will be a quick play game though.

#BROKEN Hasney
ANOTHER FUCKING RAVING RABBIDS GAME

TV PARTY

FUCK OFF YOU STEAMING PILE OF DOG SHITE

LoDownM
HOLY SHIT CLONE WARS :love:

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
CoD: WaW 360 & PS3 > Wii

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Call of Duty: World At War.

I've heard people that have played early builds say it's awesome, but I'd prefer a 360/PS3 one TBH.

When they said 3 new games, I think they meant 3rd party games. At least I hope so, or NIntendo have bombed :(

#BROKEN Hasney
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
FUCK OFF YOU COKED UP BITCH

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
lol back to Powerpoints.

CoD's co-op is poorly implemented.