PDA

View Full Version : That awesome TNA world X cup preview match from last night

Dorkchop
06-13-2008, 01:19 PM
fsniouahsaiuhsai. I never cum my pants over x division matches (or pretty much any TNA match), but this match was awesome.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WuwyGtQSjlg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WuwyGtQSjlg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Monday Morning
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
SpeedMuscle probably best team in the world right now.

Try and find their match against Steen & Generico in ROH, 3/31 I think. Awesome stuff. Having said that I haven't seen MCMG vs Age of the Fall yet.

MCEazy
06-13-2008, 02:54 PM
holy shit, if tna had more crazy matches like that it might actually be worth watching

Rollermacka
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
holy shit, if tna had more crazy matches like that it might actually be worth watching

Yea, the X divison is one of the best reasons to watch TNA. That's one of reasons I liked WCW soo much is that they used there cruiserwieghts alot. Have they revealed any more about the other teams, ie who's the other captians, who's the other members of Team America, where are all the other teams comming from?

Dorkchop
06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Yea, the X divison is one of the best reasons to watch TNA. That's one of reasons I liked WCW soo much is that they used there cruiserwieghts alot. Have they revealed any more about the other teams, ie who's the other captians, who's the other members of Team America, where are all the other teams comming from?

Daivari is wrestling! From what little I've seen, he's a pretty good worker. I haven't seen enough to have a real opinion on his in ring work (Fucking WWE)

RajRocker
06-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, I might actually watch TNA for the X Division World Cup... too bad the X division is the only thing in TNA that really interests me. Although I do miss the days of Impact ending in a huge brawl and Kevin Nash walking down to the ring... but the show finishes before he does anything.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-13-2008, 04:32 PM
SpeedMuscle is amazing. I've been saying that for years.

Disturbed316
06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow, that really wasn't as awesome as you made out. TNA is just full of spot monkeys and way too many false finishes. SpeedMuscle did some interesting things, but nothing "cum in pants" worthy.

KingofOldSchool
06-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Have they revealed any more about the other teams, ie who's the other captians, who's the other members of Team America, where are all the other teams comming from?

Kaz and Black Machismo

Blitz
06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Don West comparing Masato Yoshino to Sonjay Dutt throws me into a rage the likes of which I've never experienced.

James Steele
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow, that really wasn't as awesome as you made out. TNA is just full of spot monkeys and way too many false finishes. SpeedMuscle did some interesting things, but nothing "cum in pants" worthy.

:y::y:

There is no fucking psychology or drama.

Super V
06-13-2008, 06:49 PM
But it's got Japanese wrestlers in it. Criticism becomes null and void.

Blitz
06-13-2008, 07:03 PM
What should have been the psychology of that match, pray tell.

The Optimist
06-13-2008, 07:15 PM
"No psychology or drama" Hilarious.
It wasn't the most deeply psychological match I've ever seen but it was far far from lacking charisma. I understand that the whole "no psychology" description can be thrown around for alot of the X-Division, especially back in the day, but this was a high-quality match.

KingofOldSchool
06-13-2008, 07:15 PM
What should have been the psychology of that match, pray tell.

Speed Muscle could have injured the Gun's hand that they point with.

The Guns could have taken out Speed Muscle's knees.

ANYTHING

Blitz
06-13-2008, 07:45 PM

ANYTHING
I think you might be looking for a little bit much in a 7 minute match.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Speed Muscle could've shoved their speed muscle up Sabin's ass.

Now, that's psychology.

Sting Fan
06-13-2008, 08:05 PM
For what it was which is a 7 Minute hype builder it was a nice match.

It did exactly what is was supposed too which was wet people appetites for the X Cup which SHOULD be a fast, high impact competition showcasing the best highflyers in the world. A job well done.

I cant help but think if TNA could stop fucking up the X Division and really harness that quick no holds barred highflying type of match they could really make some inroads in todays fan base. Especialy with this seeming need for instant fulfillment many have today.

KingofOldSchool
06-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I think you might be looking for a little bit much in a 7 minute match.

You don't have to wrestle 25 minutes to be able to tell a good story. If they managed to do 7 minutes worthy of spots, then they could have done 7 minutes of story telling.

loopydate
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM
It reminded me a lot of the old WCW clusterfucks. Granted, there was more psychology in those matches, but there was definitely something reminiscent of the old Rey/Juvi/Psicosis/Blitzkrieg/whoever flipping around the ring with no regard for their own bodies. Some of the X guys can tell a good story, but the X Division was sort of founded on the principle of "Hey! Here's some guys who can move really really fast! Watch them for a few minutes to be distracted until we get back to the story."

I miss when the X Division actually meant something (and I'm reaching WAY back for that, lol), but if they could turn this into sort of an X renaissance, I'd be all for it.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-13-2008, 09:15 PM
85% OF Dragongate matches, I swear, have no psychology at all. It doesn't mean they aren't fun though.

Fox
06-13-2008, 11:43 PM
This match > Randy Orton vs. Triple H part 1,000 or Undertaker vs. Edge part 56

Fox
06-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Also, the match was only 7 minutes long, man, how much fucking psychology do you think you're going to get out of that? And that's actually beside the point, because they DID have some psychology going. Speed Muscle were the new guys trying to pull out all the stops in their big American TV debut, which they did, and then the MCMG were there to show them that they run the X-Division in TNA, but not without a fight and a couple of close calls. It made a strong showing for Speed Muscle while keeping MCMG strong, and it did this well.

Compare this to your average RAW match; even one that goes 10-15 minutes long. WWE's current style is slow and plodding, with moves and counters we've seen a hundred times before, and far too many rest holds and "signature spots" that we can count along with by the numbers (HBK kip-up, Cena's 5 moves of doom, Undertaker's rope walk, etc, etc).

That match, while only 7 minutes long, was innovative with some moves I've never seen before and it had me saying "holy shit" a couple of times, not at the brutality or whatever, but at the creativity of the spots they came up with, and the fluidity with which they were performed. This isn't a style I would want to watch over and over again, but it's extremely entertaining and deserves a respectable spot on the card.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2008, 02:10 AM

ANYTHING

You mean the same story in every match? Look, for some guys it works, and there is a time and a place for it, but if every wrestler did the whole "wear down" shit, you wouldn't have a break.

I've been saying this for a while, and people tend to disagree with me, but I don't care: There is a rhyme and a reason behind "spotfest" matches. This was designed to get people's interests up. The actual characters wrestling, specifically Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino, were looking more to wow than to win. Get some fan support, before the matches start to count, and show off why they are different and have something obscure to offer that, say, Robert Roode can't.

The style both teams went with was all-in bluffing with their speed and agility. The match was also fairly short as a consequence. They weren't holding anything back, and were just unloading their best moves to see who ran out of gas first. In this case, it was Speed Muscle (storyline-wise), so maybe that can become Doi & Yoshino's motivation for getting more serious? Maybe we will see more ground work from them next time, as a result? Maybe they will vow to better themselves for the World X Cup now?

There are so many stories you can tell. Sometimes guys brawl because they want a fight, sometimes they isolate a guy so he can't make the tag, sometimes they use the environment to their advantage, and others they just want to put on a whirlwind of a show to get noticed, get sponsored and get supported. Especially when you're in there against another team you can "race" against.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Also, I'd rather watch that than any of the Randy Orton vs. Triple H matches. If I'm going to watch fake shit, I'd rather it hold my attention.

James Steele
06-15-2008, 02:24 AM
You'd rather watch a car wreck than a movie.

NeanderCarl
06-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Why is the "Japanese" Curry Man on Team USA anyway?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Why is the "Japanese" Curry Man on Team USA anyway?

It's "Team TNA", not USA.

Don West comparing Masato Yoshino to Sonjay Dutt throws me into a rage the likes of which I've never experienced.

That was the first SpeedMuscle match I've ever seen and that comment angered me as well.

SpeedMuscle were fucking awesome.

NeanderCarl
06-15-2008, 07:41 AM
It's "Team TNA", not USA.

So does that make TNA an international presence?

I suppose if kingdoms are run by kings, and sovereign states are run by a sovereignty... that must make TNA a country.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2008, 07:45 AM
ALL HAIL PRESIDENT JARRETT

RP
06-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Can they give the Motor City Machine Guns music thats any gayer? Honestly. Comon.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Can they give the Motor City Machine Guns music thats any gayer? Honestly. Comon.

I know, their old music was much better, which they had for all of 2 months.

RP
06-15-2008, 07:52 AM
I dont know what it is, but they need some more hardcore music.

RP
06-15-2008, 07:54 AM
I love the match tho. Needed to be longer. But i get that its a preview.

Love the double superkick at the end too.

Destor
06-15-2008, 08:07 AM
85% OF Dragongate matches, I swear, have no psychology at all. It doesn't mean they aren't fun though. The bold part totally true. The itallisized part has truth to it as well.

The Optimist
06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
To continue the analogy, you'd rather watch all of the entire ten seasons of Happy Days on repeat.

NeanderCarl
06-15-2008, 01:23 PM
'Eyyyyyyyy! :y: :y:

James Steele
06-15-2008, 02:33 PM
To continue the analogy, you'd rather watch all of the entire ten seasons of Happy Days on repeat.

Greatness never gets old, but planchas do.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2008, 06:05 AM

No, actually. I'm a big fan of auteurism and art house cinema. Car wrecks usually tend to bore me. Mainstream stuff gets caught up in formulas and boring repetitive stock scenes and cliches.

Hey! It's just like the WWE!

If Dragon Gate, for example, were a movie, it'd probably be something like Riki-Oh. The WWE is Jingle All the Way. You know, that is generalising both parties.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2008, 06:07 AM

I suppose if kingdoms are run by kings, and sovereign states are run by a sovereignty... that must make TNA a country.

I think the idea is that Team TNA consists of any X-Division performer under TNA contract outside of being showcased in the World X Cup. For example, Petey Williams would be on Team TNA over a hypothetical Team Canada this year.

Hanso Amore
06-16-2008, 07:12 AM
These matches are huge clusterfucks and they are right about the psychology. But they are a nice sideshow act, as long as there are only one or 2 a night, its a nice way to break up the night and put on a show.

My problem is that they dont even TRY to fake it sometimes. I mean, One Jap like grabbed shelleys hand and slapped his back, and he started sprinting across the ring. They didnt even bother to sell an irhs whip.

They also have too much shit planned. Like when they are going for the clothesline and the guy moves to soon then they stand there a sec and clothesline each other anyways? If you plan a match, when something goes wrong, they have to go with it. It leads to tiems where you can see a guy just stand there waiting for things.

NeanderCarl
06-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Alright, either nobody got this, or you all just completely no-sold it. :(

Impact!
06-16-2008, 08:07 AM
TNA is run by a count?

Impact!
06-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Sooooooooo Dracula?

Destor
06-16-2008, 08:08 AM
lol

What Would Kevin Do?
06-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Oh yeah, and I will never, ever ever, get sick of seeing Yoshino run the ropes.... Dear god that fucker can move. Seeing him wrestle live, it's almost mind boggling.

Destor
06-16-2008, 08:28 AM
These matches are huge clusterfucks and they are right about the psychology. But they are a nice sideshow act, as long as there are only one or 2 a night, its a nice way to break up the night and put on a show.

My problem is that they dont even TRY to fake it sometimes. I mean, One Jap like grabbed shelleys hand and slapped his back, and he started sprinting across the ring. They didnt even bother to sell an irhs whip.

They also have too much shit planned. Like when they are going for the clothesline and the guy moves to soon then they stand there a sec and clothesline each other anyways? If you plan a match, when something goes wrong, they have to go with it. It leads to tiems where you can see a guy just stand there waiting for things. You just described the problem with Lucha.

Hanso Amore
06-16-2008, 11:07 AM
You just described the problem with Lucha.

Yeah true. Pre Planning spots leads to a more entertainign match, but leads to mad botches.

This is why HBK and Angle are the best. They plan stuff out, but they dont choreograph the whole thing.

Also, that match sucked because there was negative selling. A Guy would take a major move, then be fine.

Shelley saves his partner by taking a clothesline (He go there too soon) and then gets hit, and instead of Sabin capitalizing, Shelley was just fine 1 second later to hit finishers. So why did he bother saving Sabin?

Also, Anyone notice the japs would just stay in the ring, and the refs just stood there, not even bothering to act like he was counting their 5 seconds of transistion time and kicking the odd man out. He did it some, then other times they were just in there for minutes.

Hanso Amore
06-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Alright, either nobody got this, or you all just completely no-sold it. :(

I missed it bad.

Now I see.

Good Stuff.

Gertner
06-16-2008, 12:13 PM
great match!

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Team TNA seems like it will consist of Kaz, Curry Man, Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley. Team International is lead by Shawn Daivari, and is pretty much confirmed as featuring Doug Williams, Tyson Dux and Alex Koslov. Team Japan only has Speed Muscle (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) confirmed, but Milano Collection AT and Taichi Ishikari have been rumoured.

I can't track down the rumours regarding Team Mexico, but if I remember correctly, Ultimo Guerrero was in there. I think Mistico was rumoured, but I'm not sure if he was one of the names his promotion put a stop on heading over (because they wanted him).

loopydate
06-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Whatever happened to Mistico and Perro Aguayo going to the 'E?

The Optimist
06-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Milano Collection, sweet.

Mr. Nerfect
06-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I got Team Mexico wrong. Ultimo Guerrero is meant to be in. I can't be bothered finding the other three.

Tornado
06-18-2008, 05:10 AM
So when do the X Cup Matches start? As I might actually watch TNA for once.

Impact!
06-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Next week (or this week) I believe

Tazz Dan
06-20-2008, 08:28 AM

Sorry bud I think you have it wrong. WWE is a country.

You see, a Kingdom is run by a King.
A Principality is run by a Prince.
And WWE (A Country) is run by a.... Vince McMahon.

Dorkchop
06-20-2008, 12:29 PM
The World X Cup matches from last night weren't that good. TNA should make the World X Cup a tournament.

The Optimist
06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Kaz vs. Kozlov was pretty cool.