PDA

View Full Version : Triple H? That's not cool...

Fox
06-15-2008, 01:07 AM
At a press conference promoting the 7/2 Raw brand house in Santiago, Chile yesterday, Carlito took aim at Triple H and his marriage to Stephanie McMahon. Carlito spoke in Spanish, and there are two slightly different interpretations online from PWInsider.com and the Puerto Rican wrestling news site PRWrestling.com. Thanks to reader Nizzo, we were able to get a translation of what Carlito said according to the PRWrestling.com news post on the story.

When asked about Triple H's marriage, Carlito said (PWInsider.com): "I may get in trouble, but that's why I'm here. My opinion is that it was a smart move by [HHH]. I think that's why he's champion now and has been champion in the past, it's easier to him. We, the real wrestlers, don't depend on people in the business. We don't have that benefit. We have to deliver the maximum in the ring. Others are given championships in a plate of gold or platinum, I'm happy for him."

Same topic, but from PRWrestling.com: "Well I know I'll probably end up with problems but f--- it. It was a smart move on his part [to marry Stephanie McMahon]. That's why he's a champion now and has been for a couple of times. That makes your job a little easier, having people to help you backstage meanwhile us wrestlers break our asses off."

Carlito on Triple H never going overseas to promote WWE (PWInsider.com): "I don't see him coming to Chile or Paraguay, places like that. He's always comfortable."

Same topic (PRWrestling): "I've never seen Triple H making promos, traveling to Chile, Paraguay or any other place like that. He's always comfortable at home. That gives you an idea who's actually giving the 100% in this business."

He also talked about some of the fans not respecting John Cena (PRWrestling): "Well, some people might hate him but you people don't really know how much of a worker he is. He really loves his fans. I know you people are sick of him being feed even if you don't want to. But you have to respect the guy. He's always making promos worldwide, has little days off, spends time with fans, etc. As much as you hate him, you have to respect him."

During the press conference, Carlito also said that he has been discriminated against in WWE because of his Latin heritage, although he didn't specify anything. Carlito said his heritage makes things harder for him, but he doesn't regret being Latino.

I'm starting to wonder if Mr. Cool is trying to get himself fired after recently signing that new contract. Rumor has it that he's definitely not happy with how they're using him on TV, and who could blame him when they're teaming him up with a hack like Santino, and jobbing them out no less?

I think wrestling is in a place right now where a worked-shoot between Carlito and Triple H would work well, with Carlito using these exact things to start the feud off. I mean, Triple H as the WWE Champion and son in law of Vince McMahon is a far better character than his current "I'm a bad ass" water spitter character, who has no personality angle.

Of course, the key to a worked-shoot between them would be based on Triple H actually putting Carlito over in their matches, and I don't know if he would do that or not.

James Steele
06-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Carlito can go to hell. Triple H was and is a better worker than he can dream of being. Yes, Carlito can flip around like a fucking fish but Triple H was at one time the best worker in the world. He was champion several times before he actually starting dating Stephanie. Triple H has been a consisntant solid worker for over 10 years. Carlito needs to realize that the way to the top isn't to bitch about your position and bust your ass to prove to the company they need you. Triple H took the fall for the KLIQ and proved to Vince that his company needs him. Carlito has been given pushes and he didn't deliver. If he is so pissed about WWE, then he shouldn't have signed the contract and he should have gone back to WWC and work for his daddy.

Yes, Triple H was overbearing on TV back in 2003 (he was forced to carry Steiner, Goldberg, Bubba Ray Dudley, and Nash during this year which I think has a big part of it) but he was one of the best and most over workers on RAW. He made Batista, solidify Randy Orton (who couldn't hang in the ME, so Triple H was rightfully put back as champion), reestablished HBK (the best feud since Rock/Austin), helped put Benoit into wrestling immortality, and has busted his ass to make Cena look like a million bucks. People who stil bitch about Triple H need a reality check. Triple H is still a great worker. Yeah, he doesn't do fucking flips or the most revolutionary moves but he works the crowd and gets a reaction (despite what KK will tell you). Carlito has had chances and he was too worried about why he wasn't getting the uberpush he doesn't deserve than to play the cards he was dealt.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Some think that this may be a worked shoot, because Carlito's mic wasn't cut. Personally, I don't think the WWE is that clever. Also, it would mean a double-turn. And does Triple H turn for a guy like Carlito, just for the hell of it? I mean, even if the angle was priceless, I can't see it happening.

But what Carlito did took balls. I agree with what he says about Triple H. It's a nice little rebut from Triple H's statements about "some people" not working hard enough. I really can't blame Carlito for not being motivated with his work. He was being treated fantastically up until they decided to turn him face and make him a bland babyface. Then they realise their mistake, turn him heel again, and basically take away the character's cunning and reserves of natural talent, and make him out to be a goof. Genius.

Yeah, this probably will get Carlito some respect from guys on the inside, for speaking out like that. To be honest, there is the slight chance that Triple H might even be impressed he had the balls to do that. Of course, it's much more likely he will destroy Carlito, until his contract expires, he goes to TNA, and he gets an extra boost from guys that agree with him.

You'd think he'd have his brother in mind, though. Either Eddie is going to get a tough time for sticking by his brother, or he's going to have to separate himself from him. It's a sticky situation if it is real.

MCEazy
06-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I agree with Noid here, this could be leading up to something since i've heard Carlito hasn't been happy in WWE lately (as usual) and seeing as the company doesn't wanna lose his spanishness, he's getting an angle wit the champ, course carlito could just be trying to get himself fired i dunno.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Triple H was at one time the best worker in the world.

HAHAHHAHA! No.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2008, 01:44 AM
Alright, so Carlito wants to get fired? I go to Vince and say "Look, Mr. McMahon, I can't do this anymore. I'm burned out, I can't give the 100% you demand of all your employees. I don't think this business relationship is working out. I appreciate the opportunities and experiences you have given me, and I hope that if I can get my act together, and it fits your vision for your product, I can work for World Wrestling Entertainment again."

Then Vince might be a cunt and kick me out the door and tell me he'll never work with my lazy ass again, before he goes and snorts some coke off his desk and tries to dial his secretary, but that seems like a safer way to go about being fired. Or Carlito could have just chugged down some pain-killers, and left three samples of his urine at the facility where they test for "wellness." If your goal is to be fired from a professional wrestling company, you don't go insulting those with the power. It might boost interest in him, and his stock in other companies, but as a contracted employee, he is probably obligated to work more dates. It's not going to be a smooth few dates.

Also, JamesSteele, Triple H is a good worker, but you are overrating him just a little, don't you think? Especially given what Carlito said is essentially true. The only objections I'd have if he did use phrases like "real wrestlers."

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah, no way was Triple H ever the best worker in the world.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Don't take it wrong, I'm not saying HHH isn't good, but he was never the best in the world. He's good, he's damn good, but he's not that good.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2008, 01:48 AM
What Would Kevin Do? Kevin would do as Kevin just did. :y:

James Steele
06-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Don't take it wrong, I'm not saying HHH isn't good, but he was never the best in the world. He's good, he's damn good, but he's not that good.

Triple H in 1999 up to his quad injury was one of the best in the world. He wrestle the best match on the card, cut the best promo in the show, and get the best reaction of the night. Triple H is hardly what he was in 2000, but to say he is the shits is just clinging on to hatred for the sake of being a smark.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-15-2008, 03:21 AM
Nah, I'm not saying he's shit... And yeah, he was damn good, no questions asked. At that time, he probably was one of the best in the WWE, and the world... Definitely top ten. Best in the world though, nah, I don't see it.

Nowhere Man
06-15-2008, 03:35 AM
A shitty wrestler? Not at all. A shitty person, on the other hand, yeah, most likely. Trips has never really given any evidence that he's anything but an insecure prima dona behind the scenes.

Blitz
06-15-2008, 03:54 AM
You seriously believe this could be a worked shoot?

Londoner
06-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Nah, I'm not saying he's shit... And yeah, he was damn good, no questions asked. At that time, he probably was one of the best in the WWE, and the world... Definitely top ten. Best in the world though, nah, I don't see it.

Agreed. The fact that he's with the bosses daughter kinda takes away any chance he has of being the best in the world imo. Plus if he's not going on those tours that carlito mentioned, that adds to it and actually i don't respect him as much as i did, now. Even if this was a worked shoot, i bet Carlito really thinks all of what he said.

addy2hotty
06-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Oh come on, Carlito is right about everything apart from the race card thing.

Wait a minute, he's right about that too. Piss on a dead mans Latino grave anyone?

Fox
06-15-2008, 09:59 AM

I said it was a shoot that could be turned into a worked-shoot.

Reading comprehension score: 73/100. C-.

Rob
06-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Good for Carlito.

Rammsteinmad
06-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I gotta say I agree with Carlito. :y:

I can't comment on the whole overseas thing (it wouldn't surprise me if it is true though), but fair enough, Triple H can't do the flips and stuff... but whilst Carlito does do things like that and tries new and exciting things with his matches, Triple H has been doing the same match routine for the last 5/6 years. Not exactly "busting his ass" like someone such as Carlito is he?

If I recall there was a thread asking when was the last time Triple H came up with a new move, and wasn't it like that one leg lock he used at WM19?

Kane Knight
06-15-2008, 11:48 AM
LOL James.

thedamndest
06-15-2008, 11:50 AM
How are they holding Latinos back? They gave Lillian Garcia an album!

The Optimist
06-15-2008, 12:23 PM
And they gave Chavo the ECW title, which is exactly as important.

Anybody Thrilla
06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
And what about Super Crazy's victories over Chris Masters for those few Raws in a row a couple years ago?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Carlito will go to TNA, then announce that Jeff Jarret had to start his own company to win world championships again.

The Optimist
06-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Also that the sky is blue.

Theo Dious
06-15-2008, 12:42 PM
There is nobody, and has been nobody, that HHH cannot outwork.

When he wants to.

That's a pretty firm caveat there. I seriously doubt that there is anybody that HHH couldn't outwork if he put his mind to it. It's part of HHH's business smarts that he doesn't always give a 100% effort if his opponent isn't worth it. People point to 2003 as proof of his lack of workrate... but look at his opponents. Scott Steiner. There's a man who doesn't deserve a CHANCE to work, and it's nothing short of a waste of time to expend effort making someone like that look good. Booker T? It's not like the man is ever going to be more over than he was. His program with Nash was Kliq playtime. You don't work your hardest at playtime. Goldberg? Jesus Christ, the man had been put over by the Rock AND Chris Jericho earlier in the year, and went on to prove that without his little streak security blanket, the man is nothing.

Look at '99-'00. Your biggest solid workers at the time were HHH and Foley for fuck's sake. Don't whine to me about the Rock either. The Rock's natural charisma far overshines the fact the he was one of the lesser main event workers of the Attitude Era, definitely falling behind Austin, Foley, Taker, and HHH. Granted, a mediocre Rock is still in the top 10% of workers, but HHH and Foley could work circles around him today, let alone 8-10 years ago.

Bottom line: HHH can work with crap and make it look like gold, however, HHH has the sense to realize that maybe you don't always want to make crap look like gold.

Theo Dious
06-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Carlito will go to TNA, where he will be used properly.

:shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Bottom line: HHH can work with crap and make it look like gold, however, HHH has the sense to realize that maybe you don't always want to make crap look like gold.

No, no, no. If that's really how Triple H operates, then that is selfish and detrimental to everyone. Triple H isn't one of the 'greats' if this is the case. Think about what people say about guys like Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. They say that they could get a great match out of anybody (broom sticks, whomever). If Triple H is really that selfish and narrow-minded that he picks and chooses (which shouldn't be his discretion anyway as a mere worker) who he wants to make look good, then fuck him.

I'm not saying that Triple H sucks or anything, but I just really hope you're not right about that attitude.

The Optimist
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Great. "I can do that too, I just choose not to."

James Steele
06-15-2008, 01:17 PM
You all will be loving Triple H when he helps take over the show when Vince McMahon dies.

Anybody Thrilla
06-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Well isn't that morbid.

Loose Cannon
06-15-2008, 01:50 PM

When he wants to.

That's a pretty firm caveat there. I seriously doubt that there is anybody that HHH couldn't outwork if he put his mind to it. It's part of HHH's business smarts that he doesn't always give a 100% effort if his opponent isn't worth it. People point to 2003 as proof of his lack of workrate... but look at his opponents. Scott Steiner. There's a man who doesn't deserve a CHANCE to work, and it's nothing short of a waste of time to expend effort making someone like that look good. Booker T? It's not like the man is ever going to be more over than he was. His program with Nash was Kliq playtime. You don't work your hardest at playtime. Goldberg? Jesus Christ, the man had been put over by the Rock AND Chris Jericho earlier in the year, and went on to prove that without his little streak security blanket, the man is nothing.

Look at '99-'00. Your biggest solid workers at the time were HHH and Foley for fuck's sake. Don't whine to me about the Rock either. The Rock's natural charisma far overshines the fact the he was one of the lesser main event workers of the Attitude Era, definitely falling behind Austin, Foley, Taker, and HHH. Granted, a mediocre Rock is still in the top 10% of workers, but HHH and Foley could work circles around him today, let alone 8-10 years ago.

when you say work? what do you mean? cause I swear "worker" on this site is one dimensional to some of you

Kane Knight
06-15-2008, 01:59 PM
How are they holding Latinos back? They gave Lillian Garcia an album!

She's hispanic, dumbass!
Tagged for humor, in anticipation of dumbasses
:roll:

Kane Knight
06-15-2008, 02:02 PM
You all will be loving Triple H when he helps take over the show when Vince McMahon dies.LOOOOOOL

Zen v.W.o.
06-15-2008, 02:25 PM

That part is a total excuse. Good business sense means trying to make everyone on yuor roster lookmas good as possible. Any other move makes absolutely no sense.
The thing is, HHH has never been on eof the elite performers in the business, thus he has never been able to have great matches with guys at his level or worse. The best workers give shit wrestlers their best matches and carry those matches to classics. HHH has never been able to do that.

Mediocre wrestler at best.

IC Champion
06-15-2008, 03:15 PM
You all will be loving Triple H when he helps take over the show when Vince McMahon dies.

Like anyone will still be watching.

IC Champion
06-15-2008, 03:22 PM

When he wants to.

I'd take the Rock, and Foley any day over HHH. Because I know I'm going to be entertained.

And one could make the case that with numbers the way they are, you expect the best to go out and be the best everynight, not when the opponent warrents it.

Kane Knight
06-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I'd take the Rock, and Foley any day over HHH. Because I know I'm going to be entertained.

And one could make the case that with numbers the way they are, you expect the best to go out and be the best everynight, not when the oppennant warrents it.

Hell, if Foley had taken the "Not everyone deserves to be made to look good" approach, none of these poor sods would be fapping to Trips, anyway.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2008, 04:08 AM

That might be the case. Depending on what attitude he takes to doing business.

One thing that still bothers me about Triple H, is a few years ago on RAW when he was getting beat-down by a bunch of heels. I think it was Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch and...shit, someone Triple H was feuding with. Paul London & Brian Kendrick, who were feuding with Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch at the time, ran in, and cleaned house for Triple H. Instead of the H's being grateful, he gave London or Kendrick a Pedigree, while the other guy was instructed to stand there like a goof, before he takes a second Pedigree.

The logical development: Triple H thanks London & Kendrick, is a little surprised little shits like them can help out his roided up frame, and the next week there is a six-man tag team match, where Triple H gets some retribution, leads London & Kendrick to a big non-title victory, gets them over, and everybody looks good. Instead, Triple H makes the heels look bad, by having goofs clean house on them. Why are they goofs? Because Triple H buries them seemingly because he can.

If that's the attitude Triple H takes towards "developing" talent, the WWE is going to be a dark place.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2008, 04:09 AM

Doesn't seem likely, but with how desperate the WWE are, anything is possible. If it were English, I'd say it'd be very likely, but given that it happened in Chile, I doubt it.

The Mackem
06-16-2008, 04:34 AM
I do remember a time a few years back when Triple H was considered the best in the world. It sticks out because I remember when we all looked back at it and had a good laugh at how things were.

RP
06-16-2008, 07:19 AM
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLL

WELL ITS THE BIG SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

dablackguy
06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
But what Carlito did took balls. I agree with what he says about Triple H. It's a nice little rebut from Triple H's statements about "some people" not working hard enough.

If you worked at a job where no matter how hard you worked, you would never get to the top would you have any real interest in busting your ass? Is it professional? No. Its it the way most of America thinks? Yeah.

When he wants to.

That logic is the most retarded thing I've heard all day.

Let me highlight this so it stands out:
That logic is exactly why the company is in the shithole it is.

When you have a guy who decides not to make others look good and has the ability to get away with it, its insanely determental to the company. Am I saying that Booker T, Steiner, Goldberg, RVD, etc were going to be mega stars? No. But why does everyone have to be? Its the idioic fallacy of the IWC, if you're not a megastar, you're garbage. Just like in any other workplace you have 'cowboys' and 'indians' Booker and Goldberg could have absolutely been solid main eventers, not mega draws, but solid main eventers. Steiner fucked himself, but the influence of HHH has cut down a lot of guys who could have been into nothing. Dispute that? Well explain how mid carders on that are on Raw go to SD and become main event guys. I don't mean shit like Khali either. See Booker, Eddie, etc.

Hell, if Foley had taken the "Not everyone deserves to be made to look good" approach, none of these poor sods would be fapping to Trips, anyway.

Glad someone acknowledged the man who put Trips on the map as a main eventer

I still struggle to figure out how some of you can say how great a worker he is, when meanwhile he was never the best of his era. Talk all you want about title reigns and being in the ME and star quality matches, but really he's never been the best wrestler of his era, he's been known for cutting down guys that could have been greater stars and hasn't had a GREAT (note the word) feud with ANYONE in quite awhile.