PDA

View Full Version : Joshua FUCKING Homme

Fabien Barthez
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYMJ1mGlObc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYMJ1mGlObc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Legend.

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
k

Vastardikai
06-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I like the little bit of Eagles of Death Metal I've heard.

PorkSoda
06-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Is that the singer of Queens of the Stone Age?

He seems like hes a bad ass, but IMO, QOTSA suck ass. Seriously. Songs for the Deaf is the absolute WORST album I've ever heard. Ever hear the opening track and Six Shooter? he screams like hes having a hissy fit. And his singing style is so laid back that he sounds intoxicated.

he may be badass, which is cool, but I think he'd get his ass kicked if he said something like that to Kerry King or someone like that. Hes picking on a 12 year old....

And the drummer looks like Sylvester stallone.

Fabien Barthez
06-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Erm. ok. Yes thats the QOTSA singer

He is a fucking bad ass. His roots are grunge and stoner, and I think the point in the screaming is that on SFTD, it is a concept, of a time when he and a friend were driving through the desert, all fucked up, and he finds all these random ass radio stations. Some were pretty crazy, some were christian talk and rock, and alot of spanish influneced ones as well. The diversity, and manic nature is like, the point of the album. As for the laid back singing. Whatever. it sounds cool. It is Desert rock. Like grunge, but more technical I guess, but with the psychedelic sound, to mirror the California music scene which he is a part of. SFTD is probably one of my top 5 albums.

Get the whole lot, every record is different.

That dude, wasn't 12 years old, and if I was on stage, feeling rough as fuck, and some little bastard threw something at me, then turned around and tried to hide like a pussy, I would throw a bottle in his face also. Don't do the crime if you can't face the time. He is married to Brody Dalle also, so if he doesn't kick fuck out of you, she probably would.

Ok.

PorkSoda
06-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Music is opinionated. Another mans trash another mans gold. I listened to the SFTD and thought it was absolutely horrible. Its just that I think there are some people who can scream and make it sound good (Killswitch Engage, Soilwork, Corey Taylor in 30/30-150) and people who can be laid back and sing good (sometimes Paige Hamilton). While others, like Josh, just suck at it. Bottom line, I'm not a fan of QOTSA. And Josh said it in the the video "You fucking 12 year old....."

:wave:

Cactus Sid
06-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Ever hear the opening track and Six Shooter? he screams like hes having a hissy fit.

Didn't Nick Oliveri sing those?

LK
06-17-2008, 08:17 AM
So basically the sequence of events are:

1) Man has something thrown at him
2) Man threatens person and moans about being sick
3) Man gets security guards drag him from crowd
4) Man throws something at him and then has his security guards remove him.

HARD.AS.NAILS

CSL
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Is that the singer of Queens of the Stone Age?

He seems like hes a bad ass, but IMO, QOTSA suck ass. Seriously. Songs for the Deaf is the absolute WORST album I've ever heard. Ever hear the opening track and Six Shooter? he screams like hes having a hissy fit. And his singing style is so laid back that he sounds intoxicated.

he may be badass, which is cool, but I think he'd get his ass kicked if he said something like that to Kerry King or someone like that. Hes picking on a 12 year old....

And the drummer looks like Sylvester stallone.

:foc:

You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire is fantastic

Also, fuck Kerry King. Bald head + tats do not automatically equal badass

Fabien Barthez
06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
"You fucking 12 year old....."

:wave:

Well, I don't think he was wearing his date of birth around his neck in neon light.....

Olivieri was Six Shooter I believe, but Millionaire was Josh.

Kane Knight
06-17-2008, 09:27 PM
LOL. That was just fucking sad. I hope you meant "legend" in some sort of sarcastic sense.

Fabien Barthez
06-18-2008, 07:08 AM
LOL. That was just fucking sad. I hope you meant "legend" in some sort of sarcastic sense.

Trust you to miss the point.

Mr Regal
06-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Didn't Nick Oliveri sing those?

yes.

Ninti the Mad
06-18-2008, 09:06 AM
QOTSA is a badass group.

FOREVER

Requiem
06-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Yeah, Josh Homme is a fucking badass. And yes, Oliveri sang those btw. Queens of the Stone Age is a fucking great band. Didn't used to like them, but within the last 6 months a friend got me into them and I am in love with the band.

At a show a friend of mine went to of theirs, some guys in the front were trying to mosh and were mashing this row of girls against the railing, and Homme just stopped and told them they were being complete inconsiderate pricks and told them to get the fuck out and let people enjoy the music. They tried to be all cool or whatever and Homme had everyone in the place start booing the guys, and he had security throw them out.