PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice...

dablackguy
06-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I've actually been meaning to put this up for a couple of days, but....

Anyone else notice Triple H being a lot more dickish on the mic lately? Which is to say that he's made remarks that have blatantly cut down other guys with no real attempt to hide it? Like on RAW, the comments to Cena about it being past the bedtime of all of his fans? Or him mocking Jericho; the "ever since you came back to 'save us'" remark.

Hell even as far back as the night after mania, the comment he made to Orton. Something along the lines of "What big move was it that you hit to keep the belt" or something like that? Like just cutthroat remarks like that. Or am I imagining it? It seems to me like stuff most of the other guys wouldn't say and he comes off like I know I can say this on the air and ain't shit gonna happen to me.

Real or imagined? Discuss.

Afterlife
06-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I've noticed this, as well. Personally, I was applauding in my living room when he made the bedtime remark. That was beautiful. I really think if everybody started making actual remarks like that, the crowd would get much more wprked up. Making things personal again would defiiterly help the intrigue.

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
He's a face? What more do you want, if you want to be heard, sometimes you have to say some over-the-top stuff.

BTW...That Cena remark was hilarious, and true.

dablackguy
06-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I totally agree that the remark was hilarious. My only issue is cutting down a main eventer on a show that really only has 2 legit ones right now

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I totally agree that the remark was hilarious. My only issue is cutting down a main eventer on a show that really only has 2 legit ones right now

I recall pretty much all of Cena's past opponents cutting him down. However, at the end of the day, who were those little 5th Graders and ladies cheering for?

John Cena

Yes, Triple H said an outrageous remark, but it fired Cena up and they had a good 1 on 1 Mic Fight, best I have seen in a while. The way I see it, Triple H wants Cena's best in the ring and out of the ring, along with Jericho's. They are good workers but their in-ring ability hasn't been the best lately...These are desperate times that are calling for desperate measures.

Kane Knight
06-20-2008, 07:22 PM
This is why I suggested moving "raw" to 7. So his fans could stay up to see him.

Triple H is still phoning it in, he's just substituting catty remarks for intensity. Still, it's something.

I loved how Cena looked like he was going to cry at a couple of points.

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 07:34 PM
This is why I suggested moving "raw" to 7. So his fans could stay up to see him.

Triple H is still phoning it in, he's just substituting catty remarks for intensity. Still, it's something.

I loved how Cena looked like he was going to cry at a couple of points.

I wish he would have. Cena's tears can heal the world...:)

Afterlife
06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Raw's Got plenty of ME talent. They're just holding them down under the guys in the ME.

NeanderCarl
06-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I have noticed, and I think it's deliberate. I think WWE might be *gasp* exercising subtlety in order to build towards a Hunter heel turn.

Vastardikai
06-21-2008, 12:48 AM
I have noticed, and I think it's deliberate. I think WWE might be *gasp* exercising subtlety in order to build towards a Hunter heel turn.

WWE wouldn't know subtlety if it bit them in the ass.

Legend Killer
06-21-2008, 08:36 PM
WWE wouldn't know subtlety if it bit them in the ass.

They know when they're bitten in the ass?

Outsider
06-21-2008, 10:48 PM
It's just an easy way to make Hunter look slightly anti-authority. He says things that everyone knows but just don't normally get mentioned. It's just a way to put HHH over that no-one else could get away with.

Theo Dious
06-21-2008, 11:14 PM
HHH is obviously pandering to the IWC at this point. You know, the people who have been saying for months that Cena only appeals to kids and that Jericho's return was totally gaytarded.

Afterlife
06-22-2008, 12:36 AM
It's just an easy way to make Hunter look slightly anti-authority. He says things that everyone knows but just don't normally get mentioned. It's just a way to put HHH over that no-one else could get away with.

Anybody could get away with it. It's just that nobody bothers.

Vastardikai
06-22-2008, 01:17 AM
well, a year or so ago, he made a remark about Masters' visible weight loss.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Anybody could get away with it. It's just that nobody <s>bothers</s> is allowed to shoot on the company's golden boy.

I loved the comment on RAW, as I'm not particularly fond of Cena's character, and it was great to hear the women/children thing finally addressed in a somewhat honest manner (none of that "controversial" shit). That being said, I don't know if I like it being a regular thing of Triple H's or not. He'd be a fun guy to have drinks with, I'm sure (if he liked you), but I don't think he's a funny guy on-screen. His DX shit makes me groan more than smile. That being said, it worked with Cena.

I agree with Carl, sort of, about the Triple H heel turn. Not because of the line, but because Triple H seems to be more of an antagonist playing against John Cena, mainly because of the characters they play. But it does seem like he is getting darker and darker edges to his character. I don't think we will see too much foreshadowing before a heel turn, but Triple H will throw hints out.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Also, I liked hearing "King of Kings" on RAW. I'm not sure if he has been using it for a while, or what, but I like that song better than his classic Motorhead one. King of Kings just feels like better face music, to me. "The Game" is more slow and methodical -- heel stuff.

DarKCentaur
06-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Also, I liked hearing "King of Kings" on RAW. I'm not sure if he has been using it for a while, or what, but I like that song better than his classic Motorhead one. King of Kings just feels like better face music, to me. "The Game" is more slow and methodical -- heel stuff.

If only we had My Time back... easily his best theme

Theo Dious
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
The My Time instrumental version was good, the vocal version just blows ass.

Anyways, Noid, I dunno if you noticed, HHH used "King of Kings" for his promo with Cena, but when he was actually introduced for his match "The Game" was back. I found that odd.