PDA

View Full Version : Batista talks about retirement

Destor
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Batista discussed his eventual retirement and life after wrestling in an interview with Slam Wrestling. "I hope to always have a job within WWE," he said. "I'm thinking about hanging up my boots in the next couple of years. I'm almost 40; turn 39 this year, so I hope there's going to be a spot for me within the company.

"Really love to be in the developmental program working with some of the younger kids. It really makes me sad. I think a lot of the art form of wrestling has been lost. Nowadays it's about these guys that want to do these fancy spots. Ric Flair always said to me our business is selling, what we do is sell and we tell stories. And that's what I feel is the art form of wrestling and I really feel that's been lost."
I cringe at the thought of Batista training people.

RP
06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
he's not that bad in the ring at all. I think he puts good matches on.

Xero
06-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Dancing With The Stars, here comes your new champion!

Dorkchop
06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Batista will train new people will syringes.

GD
06-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I guess we are all over shadowing Big Dave's in ring abilities with his dancing skills.

Kane Knight
06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow. People are harsh on Bats.

Theo Dious
06-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm thinking about hanging up my boots in the next couple of years. I'm almost 40.

Pussy!

Hanso Amore
06-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I dont think he is as bad as people make him out to be. The guy isnt Kurt Angle, but he does a good job of playing his part....a big fucking dude that thrashes peeps.

However, I think its BS that a guy that has been in the Business for like 8 or 9 years and never worked a territory is talking about how the art is gone. He is still a young pup in ring years.

Theo Dious
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't mind Batista too much, but I do hate his "endless title shots" crap, plus I think he was pushed too fast and needed more midcard time. I have to say though that his first title run was pretty solid, and his second wasn't terrible. Batista vs Cena might not be totally unwatchable.

Kane Knight
06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't mind Batista too much, but I do hate his "endless title shots" crap, plus I think he was pushed too fast and needed more midcard time. I have to say though that his first title run was pretty solid, and his second wasn't terrible. Batista vs Cena might not be totally unwatchable.

Well, the Endless Title Shot would happen to someone, whether Bats was there or not. They just don't have enough main eventers, and so they're relying on what little they have. Without Bats, they'd probably push some other midcarder up. And at least Bats is over with the crowd and stuff.

FourFifty
06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Gotta spread some rep for the Pidget.

The Optimist
06-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Batista's cool. Honestly, I'm a bit dissappointed that he's talking about retirement so early.

Mr. Nerfect
06-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Batista can have good matches when he wants to, and he does have an understanding of the business, I am sure, but as a trainer I don't know how successful he would be. Some kind of authority figure role would be much better, I think. Maybe work as a producer behind the scenes. That way he can throw his two cents in, without being responsible for how the talent turns out.

Kane Knight
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Batista's cool. Honestly, I'm a bit dissappointed that he's talking about retirement so early.

Should he wait until he's completely crippled?

You know, next month?

The guy's fairly old for a "newcomer." He's also injury prone. He probably should consider retirement before he cripples himself.

BigDaddyCool
06-25-2008, 09:50 AM
How does Bat's age keep jumping around? Plus he is a grandpa, he should retire.

NeanderCarl
06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Batista can have good matches when he <strike>wants to</strike> is carried

It's a joke, Batista talking like a wizened old veteran. "The art form is lost", well fucking let us know when you find it Batista. Where did you see it last? Because I'm prrrrrretty sure I never saw you with it.

Nah, I don't mind the guy, but seriously, he has to be kidding. Batista wants to train people when he is an unfinished article himself?? THAT is what is accelarating the loss of the art form that he is bitching about... clueless trainers = clueless students = clueless wrestlers. Probably how Batista came into being in the first place. Oh, wait, no... Afa trained him right? :roll:

Mr. JL
06-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Batista has got to be doing something right since he's inked a 6 figure contract and probably has made a few million or so.

Kane Knight
06-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Batista has got to be doing something right since he's inked a 6 figure contract or more.

Funny how little weight that carries.

addy2hotty
06-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Wish he'd retire now, there's not much more for him to achieve and he's about as exciting as a trip to the dentist.

Rob
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
One more bicep tear and he is done regardless.