PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Network Problems

Penner
07-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Anybody else having some trouble?

For some reason I can't get my NAT Type to reach Type 2. It is always on Type 3. I have put my PS3 in a DMZ, opened up ports etc but nothing seems to work.

COD4 didn't work for the longest time until I disabled uPnP. My PES 2008 doesn't let me connect for some reason.

Anybody have some solution that they know works for sure?

darkpower
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
If you tried to connect last night, you may have had issue because everyone and their mother was downloading 2.4

Not sure if you tried earlier or later.

Pegasus Crawford
07-07-2008, 03:31 AM
I'll just assume your PS3 is connected via wireless router. Changing your NAT to type 2 may require knowledge of getting around your PS3 and wireless router settings, so don't try it unless you know what you're doing (not assuming that you don't know anything, but just a standard disclaimer). Furthermore, I got it working with a Linksys Router. Anyways...

In order to open up your NAT on your PS3 you will need to make an adjustment on your PS3 and on your router. First you will want to set up your PS3 for a static IP address. This means turning off DHCP and assigning your PS3 a single, static IP address. Before you start this process head over to the network tab on the XMB and choose "Internet Connection Status." From here note your current IP address, your subnet mask, your default router and primary and secondary DNS settings. Write these down, you will need them in the following steps.

1-Visit the Internet Connection Settings tab on the XMB.
2-From here most of the settings can simply be passed through with default settings. There are two areas, however, that you have to change. The first is choosing a Custom address setting (instead of Easy).
3-From here, you will want to choose Manual IP Address Setting.
4-Remember the settings you wrote down from your status page? You will need them here. You will have to enter in the static IP Address you want to assign to your PS3, the Subnet Mask (which is usually 255.255.255.0), the default router (the IP address of your router, most often 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.100.1), and the Primary and Secondary DNS settings. You will have to input all of these numbers. This is made much easier with a DVD Remote or keyboard.

Please NOTE - You will want to set the last number of your IP address high enough that other wireless or wired items on your network will not be assigned the same number through DHCP.

5-Once you have all of the settings input, press X to save them. Your settings will change and the PS3 will offer to perform an Internet Connection Test for you. If you let it do the test now chances are you will still get a Type 3 NAT connection. Don't fret little bear, we still have one more step.

In addition to making the necessary changes on your PS3, you will also have to open up some ports on your router. The ports you need to open are:

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658

6-Once you have forwarded these ports and saved your settings its a good idea to unplug and plug back in your router. This will refresh everything on your network connected to your router. Once done head back to your PS3 and perform an Internet Connection Test.

Hopefully after all that you'll achieve NAT type 2!

*but if you are still getting NAT Type 3 after all that, then I can't be of any further help. :(

Penner
07-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah dude. Thanks for typing that all out and stuff but I've tried all that.

I have a DLink router and its being mad ghey.

I even tried to put my router in a DMZ (so it would be outside of the router and all ports would be forwarded) but it still says type 3.

If I just reset the router from the router address (e.g. 192.168.0.1) is that the same as plugging and unplugging? Because the internet turns off an on, so I assume its resetting in the same way.

Anyways yeah I've forwarded all those ports and tried it without DMZ, tried it with DMZ and with ports, etc

I've tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. It must be my router.

Certain games don't work for some reason. COD4 only works if I disable uPnP.

Sepholio
07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Linksys routers work well for me. You can just do easy set-up and scan and everything works masterfully. I have a wrt54gs if you end up going to spring for one. You'l be glad you did.

DS
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
WRT54GL is better. That with Tomato or DD-WRT...unbeatable.

Penner
07-07-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm not buying another router. I just bought one.
I'll figure it out.

Penner
07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Yo but shouldn't putting your PS3 in a DMZ take care of all this shit