PDA

View Full Version : Something about the Bash of the Beach 2000 Incident you may not know

Loose Cannon
07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
So, I have been reading Eric Bischoff's book. Great read, although I am a big fan of Bischoff. Not the wrestlng character, but the business man behind the scenes.

anyway, people always ask about Bash of the Beach 2000 on here and what happened between Hogan/Russo. well, I knew, as most of you know, of the part where Jarrett laid down and Hogan did that worked shoot and Russo did that unplanned shoot.

what I didn't know was that Eric Bischoff had planned for a tournament to be held after the Bash of the Beach. Hogan was suppossed to take the Title home with him. Then a new belt was to be created and they were going to do a tourney. Two heels were suppossed to be the final two and Hogan was going to show up of nowhere on the PPV and challenge the winner.

Russo had agreed to this beforehand with Bischoff and Brad Siegal.

So after Hogan cut the planned shoot at the Bash, he and Bischoff never stuck around because to them the PPV was over. they got right in thier limo and left the arena. They never got to hear Russo's shoot and didn't know about Booker winning until hours later. Booker's win killed the whole angle Bischoff had planned. Then Hogan sued the shit out of WCW

pretty interesting.

SammyG
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow. Thanks for sharing that, pretty good stuff.

PullMyFinger
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow that makes sense now. I always said if it was a work, then why did Hogan sue?

FourFifty
07-06-2008, 09:56 PM
This is why guys like Ric Flair stayed until the card was over. If Hogan was half the man that Flair is then he would have stayed. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Loose Cannon
07-06-2008, 09:57 PM
um, the card was over

thedamndest
07-06-2008, 10:00 PM
It makes sense, but it's still a stupid angle.

FourFifty
07-06-2008, 10:06 PM
um, the card was over

That's why it says "Card subject to change"
Until the cameras cut, stay in the area or else Russo will fuck everything up for ya. If Bisch or Hogan would have waited around they could have prevented that. I'm pretty sure even Zach Gowen could whip Russo in a shoot, let alone Bish or Hogan.

Mr. JL
07-06-2008, 11:12 PM
If that is true, then Russo is a bigger douche than I originally thought.

Fox
07-06-2008, 11:20 PM
There's a bit more to it than that, LC.

Russo never intended for the whole tournament scenario to go down. He was sick and tired of dealing with Hogan's politics, so he went along with the "storyline" to have Hogan drop the belt, and then went to the ring and did that shoot interview, which changed everything.

Hogan and Bishoff left the building right after the angle so as to put one over on the boys and make them believe that the whole thing was real. Russo double crossed them by making the whole thing really real, and Hogan never appeared in WCW again.

Fox
07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
um, the card was over

Actually, when the Jeff Jarrett vs. Hulk Hogan match took place, there was still one more match scheduled afterward, that being Goldberg vs. Nash, so the card was not over.

I remember watching it and thinking that there was something a bit off about having the World Title match before the Nash/Goldberg match right from the get go, and sure enough, it was a big swerve.

thedamndest
07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
If they wanted Hogan out they should have just fired him. No need to drag the company down in front of the audience with the "shoots" or "worked shoots" or whatever. If they couldn't fire him pay him to sit home if you don't wanna book him, but anything would have been better than these bitchfests every other week.

Loose Cannon
07-06-2008, 11:55 PM
yea, my fault, Nash/Goldberg was there. The book says "The PPV was over" right after Jarrett/Hogan.

Also, one more thing I should share. Bischoff's father died the weekend of the PPV, so Bischoff got to the arena around noon on PPV day. He mentions Russo started the production meeting without him and finished it before he arrived. He said it was very bizarre.

Fox
07-07-2008, 01:25 AM
If they wanted Hogan out they should have just fired him. No need to drag the company down in front of the audience with the "shoots" or "worked shoots" or whatever. If they couldn't fire him pay him to sit home if you don't wanna book him, but anything would have been better than these bitchfests every other week.

But that was part of Russo's booking style at the time. If you remember the Halloween Havoc incident between Sting and Hogan, it was pretty much the exact same thing as BATB 00, and once again, it didn't lead to anything interesting or even storyline important. They just wrote the whole thing off the next night on Nitro, with the idea being that "everyone reads this shit on the internet, so they know what's going on, so we don't HAVE to talk about it."

That's why Steiner got to do all those shoot interviews and instead of being punished, he got World Titles out of it.

Fucking Russo.

Evil Vito
07-07-2008, 11:11 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah I remember reading that...Russo is a dick.</font>

KingofKings
07-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Is the book you are reading the contraversy creates cash one or what ever it is?? I considered getting it a while ago as I like Bischoff as well, and wanted the inside stories from him. After reading the 'death of wcw' book id love to read soemthing else about wcw. Is it worth gettin?

Gertner
07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
The death of WCW said that Russo's rant was a worked shoot that Hogan agreed to doing, but Hogan got mad when Russo called him a Bald son of a bitch. That's what pissed Hogan off, and also why Hogan refuses to work for TNA because Russo is involved.

BigDaddyCool
07-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The death of WCW said that Russo's rant was a worked shoot that Hogan agreed to doing, but Hogan got mad when Russo called him a Bald son of a bitch. That's what pissed Hogan off, and also why Hogan refuses to work for TNA because Russo is involved.

Who are you going to believe? Someone who was there and in the planning process, i.e. Bischoff, or someone who compiled his book from second hand knowlegde? I'm not saying the Death of WCW is a bad, read, I love the book. But it was written by a guy who was not in the company, and puts in his own opinions.

Mooияakeя™
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Hogan is a cunt. I respect fuck all of him. I was always more into the other wrestlers, Hart, Piper, Strike Force etc. etc. Everytime Hogan was on TV, I was never interested.

Even his son has turned out a cunt. Looks like it's in the genes.

And well, his movies were also a pile of cunt.

Gertner
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Who are you going to believe? Someone who was there and in the planning process, i.e. Bischoff, or someone who compiled his book from second hand knowlegde? I'm not saying the Death of WCW is a bad, read, I love the book. But it was written by a guy who was not in the company, and puts in his own opinions.

I would tend to believe the Death of WCW on this one because it makes sense why Hogan won't work for TNA.

Bischoff is caught lying a shitload of times, espcially the events leading up to him trying to buy WCW.

From what I've read, The Death of WCW was compiled by some credible people in the company.

Gertner
07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Hogan is a cunt. I respect fuck all of him. I was always more into the other wrestlers, Hart, Piper, Strike Force etc. etc. Everytime Hogan was on TV, I was never interested.

Even his son has turned out a cunt. Looks like it's in the genes.

And well, his movies were also a pile of cunt.

lol strikeforce. Full of bubblegum and rah rah.

CSL
07-07-2008, 01:37 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" style=" background-color: #000 ;border-color: #cccccc; color:#FF8000 ; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; padding:0px; border-width:1px; border-style:solid"><tr><td align="center"><embed quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000" width="92" height="140" src="http://www.esnips.com//escentral/images/widgets/flash/candle.swf" flashvars="autoPlay=no&amp;theFile=http://www.esnips.com//nsdoc/d9d32bc3-5814-40c6-b792-757aa9523ba1&amp;theName=WWE Strike Force theme&amp;thePlayerURL=http://www.esnips.com//escentral/images/widgets/flash/mp3WidgetPlayer.swf"></embed></td></tr><tr><td style="font-size:11px" valign="bottom" align="center"><a style="color: #FF8000" href="http://www.esnips.com/doc/d9d32bc3-5814-40c6-b792-757aa9523ba1/WWE-Strike-Force-theme/?widget=flash_player_candle">WWE Strike Force t...</a></td></tr></table>

Gertner
07-07-2008, 01:42 PM
lol dude that's fantastic. I love it when during WM4 Demolition got the face reaction even though Strike Force were faces

6to1
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
If that is true, then Russo is a bigger douche than I originally thought.

yep russo always sucked ass wish he and don west would leave tna