PDA

View Full Version : Tri Nations Thread

Sting Fan
07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Well the Tri Nations is underway thought I might post a thread to see if anyone else is interested.

I havent seen all the Boks vs. ABs game yet but from what I saw I think the ABs deserved to win.

There has been alot of negativity over the Thorn sper but to be honest in a game dominated by Bok aggression (The hits on Carter, a few suspect hits on Smith) I enjoyed seeing it.

I think its about time the AB pack was feared again and off the ball aggression is something the Boks have used for years to intimidate opponents and I sort of felt Thorn took a page out of the Bok book.

As far as it being after the whislte, well it was a cheap shot and he deserved more than a week I think. But it sent a clear message and I dont think the Bok loosies were as effective after that moment.

I am looking forward too this weekends return game, I am almost thinking about putting a buck or two on the Boks though. I bet the NZ bookies have them at stupid odds now.

Bad Company
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I think we'll have their number in Dunedin thought. Hard to win for other sides there.
The Aussies are gonna do it tough with 2 games in South Africa, but after smashing France they'll have to be confident

Bad Company
07-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Was a bloody good match, we should of won it, but the boks defence really held out. Congrats to them.

Sting Fan
07-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah fair play too them, I didnt think we would win the first test even so I wasnt too disapointed at all.

Just one of those thing si guess RIcki Janurie really stole victory from the jaws of defeat i felt. The whole game was so stalemated until his try. Nonu did his best too try and get one of his own in the final minutes though, what a beast.

I am pretty sure the wallabies are going to struggle, even with us picking up the bonus point this weekend I think its the Boks compeition too lose because we have to play them in the republic now dont we?

If thats the case my moneys on the Boks to take the Tri Nations home.

On a sidenote, my god I think we missed Thorn. I have never been a huge fan but I really think he brings some really needed niggle and toughness too the pack. Our answer too Botha Almost.

Bad Company
07-14-2008, 01:30 AM
I think we missed alot of players, we were very inexperienced. But hey, can't win em all.
It' just a shame we gave up an undefeated streak to the boks at Carisbrook, and our 30 match streak at home.

Renaissance man
07-14-2008, 02:49 PM
The all black's coach is such a moaner! bitch bitch yak yak. You got owned now deal with it losers

Sting Fan
07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Are you serious?

After the cry session Peter De Villiers had after the Boks loss? A much more convincing loss it has too be said?

The only thing De Villiers didnt pull out of the browbeat the world box was referee racisim. I think some people sort of forget that the Boks are the world champions, technicallly the best team in the world. The ABs have what most would call a rebuilding side.

Bok teams of previous years would have swept all before them in a tide of blood and highshots were they given half the chances these ABs have given them.

That isnt a knock on the ABs I just think some perspective is needed here on a almost full strength Bok team only just scrapping by a ABs team with less caps than the Bok forward pack, down there captain and by 20 minuts into the game there two front line locks.

Sting Fan
07-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Good game last night, Aus vs. the Boks.

The Boks really looked flat though, Rocky Elsom had a big gasme for the Aussies as did Mortlock. The Boks were very loose around the ruck, lot of stolen ball for the Aussies. Good on them I say but I think ti will be a different story in the republic.

Aussies vs. ABs next week, could be a very interesting game. Hard to judge anything from this weeks game I thnik with the Boks so flat. But at this point i owuld tentativley put my money on the ABs.

Downunder
07-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Dear South effrika

bite my arse you cheating cunts.

:lol:

Bad Company
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
This weekend is gonna be HUGE.

Sting Fan
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Cant wait, I am picking the ABs, not even gonna look for a winning margin, im no good at that.

Nothing against Deans or Aus but I think no Mortlock is a huge loss whereas the ABs have covered the loss of Mc Caw well so far I feel.

Whatever happens its going too be a corker and I think a lot of the game will be decided in the centres if its fine. The Aus centres looked a bit shaky against the Boks and I think nonu will cut them up if they arent 110% on the ball tommorow.

I am a little sceptical about Kahui replacing Smith, I am a big Smith fan and the Smith Nonu partnership is money but good Luck to Kahui, hopefully he can put on big show.

Downunder
07-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Got some Kiwi mates coming round, cooking a lamb curry, got lots of beer.

IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Company
07-26-2008, 05:41 AM
starts in 15mins :D Awesome.
I hope Kahui plays well, he's a great talent.
I rekon NZ by 5.

Bad Company
07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
what a fuck up.

Downunder
07-26-2008, 09:56 AM
rtyniydtem7uye57u

Bad Company
07-26-2008, 10:04 PM
I thought it was just fu*kups all round. The ref had a few dodgy calls too, but we were outplayed really.

Poor hands, no vision, no support at the breakdown.
I thought Kaino had a strong showing, as did Mils. Carter gave 110%, but was well contained.
Kahui looked ok, but was a bit out of his depth, and Nonu was quiet.
It was obvious the halfback issue was pretty much cheating, don't know what we were up to there, and we suffered because of it. Carter could of played halfback if necessary.

The Aussies had our number all night, they looked calm and collected, much like a Crusaders side. We were urgent and tried too hard to make something out of nothing rather than looking for territory, much like a Crusaders opposition.

I don't think I've ever seen an All Blacks side play so badly.

Sting Fan
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Yep shoking AB play for the most part, lacked penetration at times and when we did break the line there was no support.

Mills had a stormer again, Carter had a good game but beside tha it just didnt flow. I think Smith coming back to partner Nonu will help thae penetration issue. Seems Nonu is just happier to chance his arm when Smith is there. Its just a good tight combo.

Basicaly the ABs have a lot of work to do. But fair play to the Aussies they strangled the Abs into submission. First class possesion and oppression rugby.

Bad Company
07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, we'll see at 7:30 tomorrow, won't we :D
Except Downunder, he'll see it at 4:30 or some shit.

Sting Fan
08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Got a pick at all BC and Downunder?

Cmon boys, winner and score.

I got the ABs taking the win 22 - 20 beleive it or not.

Ellis out is a godsend and I hope Weepu gets a good 35 mins or more. I think Kahui will do ok on the wing and I think Nonu with Smith outside him will be at his best again. And I dont need to comment on Mills, the man is our best backline performer this season outside of Carter I think.

Downunder
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
All Blacks, I don't do scores.

Oh well if I have to: 17-19

Bad Company
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
We're in the shit. Dunno if we'll take this one. 22-17 Australia.

Bad Company
08-02-2008, 03:59 AM
25 Minutes in and I'm glad I'm eating my own words.

Downunder
08-02-2008, 05:28 AM
39-10 shit that was close...

I love watching Bledisloe Cup with Aussies :D

Sting Fan
08-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Loved every minute of it.

Mate of mine reckons we need to get shirts

"Tony WoodCock... HARDMAN"

Good game by the ABs, im a huge Nonu fan but he was lucky to be awarded the final try.

Downunder
08-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Veery bloody lucky, but he worked like a bastard all gme, he never gave up, and if trys were awarded for effort then he deserved that one.

The bonus point might come in handy too.

Bad Company
08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
That was an amazing fightback.

Sting Fan
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Nonu did have a bloody blinder, I dont understand people who knock him constantly because he is always a threat, he always takes at least two tacklers. The man is at worst a huge distraction too the opposition at best hes a runaway jackhammer.

Bad Company
08-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, he does need to learn how to kick the ball. But hey, fuck it. WHAT A WIN!

Sting Fan
08-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah thats true, its a shame Smith doesnt have a bigger kicking game because in tandem they are almost the full set as far as skills and flair go.

And they just dont do as well apart either, so we either split them and accept less or keep them and accpet less kicking. Maybe they just need to bring Mills into the kicking game more.

Bad Company
08-16-2008, 08:56 PM
All Blacks 19 - South Africa 0

What a win! Smashed them.

Downunder
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Why hasn't Renaissance man signed in with another thread about south africa - oh yeah, BECAUSE THEY GOT FUCKING DONE!!!!

Bad Company
08-17-2008, 12:11 AM
lol, I was gonna bring him up, but we won't be seeing him after that one :D

Sting Fan
08-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Havent seen the game yet, nice to not hear De Villiers going on though.

Renaissance man
08-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Why hasn't Renaissance man signed in with another thread about south africa - oh yeah, BECAUSE THEY GOT FUCKING DONE!!!!

I'll take that knock. We were shit! Congrats lads

Renaissance man
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
lol, I was gonna bring him up, but we won't be seeing him after that one :D

Still here Asshole. Your Mother just wouldn't climb the fuck off me

Downunder
08-18-2008, 05:36 AM
I'll take that knock. We were shit! Congrats lads

:wave:

Bad Company
08-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Still here Asshole. Your Mother just wouldn't climb the fuck off me
She's more mobile than the South African forward pack though :D

Downunder
08-18-2008, 08:38 AM
OH SNAP!!

Renaissance man
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
She's more mobile than the South African forward pack though :D

Ill give you that one. Nice comeback dude

Bad Company
08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I'll take it :D

Now onto the rest of the Tri-Nations
The Aussies have 2 games in SA I think, which will be tough for them.
The Kiwis have a game vs Samoa in between, and then Play Australia again I guess.
Not sure of the draw though.

Renaissance man
08-19-2008, 12:19 PM
The oz should murder us- we picked the wrong players with the wrong game plan

Sting Fan
08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Its a long break for the ABs, and lets be honest they should kill Samoa.

Im not sure the Samoa game wont do more harm than good tbh.

Renaissance man
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
At least Brian Lima isn't there anymore- what a nutter!

Downunder
08-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Its a long break for the ABs, and lets be honest they should kill Samoa.

Im not sure the Samoa game wont do more harm than good tbh.

I agree.

I don't understand why they put a squash match in the middle of a main event. I honestly think the All Blacks would be better off just training.

Bad Company
08-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Or playing in the NPC which is going on right now.
Wellington looks to have a strong squad this year, they're my pick to take it out.

I think the Samoa game is a waste of time, and we're more likely to get injuries than get any real advantage.

I rekon the problem with South Africa is the coach. He's a dumbarse who likes to blame everyone but himself and the players. The team is too bloody good to have a loser like that coaching them.

Australia should win these upcoming matches, at least the first one.

Sting Fan
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Go the mighty Wellington, it hurts being a Weillington Fan usualy but this year im happy so far. Glad to see Thomas Waldrom getting some game time too, hugely under rated talent I feel.

And PDV is constantly dragging the Bok name into disrepute from what I can see. He appears to be a self centred man who will never accept responsibility for a loss. I see this week he is blaming his players for not implmenting his stratergy right.

Come off it.

Bad Company
09-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, South Africa came back pretty strong against an Australian side who didn't show up.
NZ just smashed Samoa getting 101 points. But it was pretty scrappy. Set piece was shit too. Still, I shouldn't complain :D

Sting Fan
09-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Its still a 100 Point fucking too be fair.

I have only seen highlights (so I missed a couple of minutes of the game) but it sounded scrappy. Wallabies vs. ABs is gonna be stellar.

You doing the virtual NPC this year BC?

Downunder
09-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Kiwi, S.A final.

Bad Company
09-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Its still a 100 Point fucking too be fair.

I have only seen highlights (so I missed a couple of minutes of the game) but it sounded scrappy. Wallabies vs. ABs is gonna be stellar.

You doing the virtual NPC this year BC?
Nah, can't be arsed with the heartland bullshit.

Well it's a Aus v NZ final actually :p

Renaissance man
09-07-2008, 04:56 PM
The newest news this side is that de villiers has been implicated in a sex video scandal!
talk about coming in from the wrong side- he was caught with hands in the loose maul ha ha!

Bad Company
09-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah!!!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/756450.jpg

Sting Fan
09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I must say I enjoyed that.

Although only four points was a little bit close for my liking, especialy with Stirling Mortlock so fond of spoiling our Partys over the alst few years.

But in short GO THE ABs!!!

Downunder
09-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah!!!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/756450.jpg

:love: