PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk, Mark Henry and television ratings *update*

Juan
07-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Both Raw and ECW drew trhe same number of viewers this week as last week.

Can they keep this up? Will they continue to stay steady or will they plummet once the post-draft buzz wears off?

Mercury Bullet
07-10-2008, 04:58 AM
They can keep it up if they can keep a semi-decent quality of programming up. Viewership will rise as it gets better and fall as it gets worse...I don't know why its taken them this long to figure that out. Or I guess they just really thought that what they were doing all along was the best they could do.

Super V
07-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Mark Henry is a draw vs. Tommy Dreamer.

BigDaddyCool
07-10-2008, 09:40 AM
There is a draft buzz?

Fox
07-10-2008, 10:00 AM
This week's good rating is a jump from the CM Punk title win last week.

Last week's good rating was a ratings jump from the draft the week before.

The good ratings two weeks ago WAS the draft.

In this case, next week the rating will go down due to the shit show they put on Monday night.

Super V
07-10-2008, 01:06 PM

In this case, next week the rating will go down due to the shit show they put on Monday night.

lol Shit show? Well we all know you'll still watch next week. And then complain here on Tuesday.

Indifferent Clox
07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I thought last weeks show was nice.

ron the dial
07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
they've gotten me to start watching the last few weeks, if only because i'm a cm punk mark.

Juan
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I thought last weeks show was nice.

Johnny Vegas
07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
The only reason the show seemed so whack was because of the lame ass crowd who thinks its 98 and are waiting for an IF YA SMELLLL or glass breaking. I hate that shit. If i went to a WWE event, i would cheer/boo my ass off for everyone.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 01:58 AM
The only reason the show seemed so whack was because of the lame ass crowd who thinks its 98 and are waiting for an IF YA SMELLLL or glass breaking. I hate that shit. If i went to a WWE event, i would cheer/boo my ass off for everyone.

That's a good attitude to have attending a WWE event, but to be honest about things, a lot of the time the WWE doesn't give us a reason to care. It seems that is changing now, though, as there is more focus on mid-card areas of the product.

Kane Knight
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM

LOL.

Raw's ratings are already down from the Draft. So...Ummm....

Juan
07-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Ok, so this past Monday's Raw rating dropped, presumably because of the Home Run Derby, but the Punk/Kane match was the highest rated segment of the entire broadcast.

On ECW, even though Mark Henry was not in the main event, the rating climbed due to the Hardys reunion.

#1-norm-fan
07-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Ok, so this past Monday's Raw rating dropped, presumably because of the Home Run Derby, but the Punk/Kane match was the highest rated segment of the entire broadcast.

Not only that but the ratings actually jumped for the match, and then dipped back down after it. They need to atleast keep Punk as champ after GAB just to see if it continues.

Kane Knight
07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
So are people content to believe the lies, or what?

Just curious.

I mean, is this one of those consensual reality things, like Benoit not having steroids in his system, where you folks believe it because you want it to be true, or is there hope for some sort of sense to be interjected here?

Juan
07-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Lies? Explain yourself or shut up.

Kane Knight
07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm confused as to what even needs explaining, but thanks for your interest.

Xero
07-18-2008, 05:28 PM
So are people content to believe the lies, or what?

Just curious.

I mean, is this one of those consensual reality things, like Benoit not having steroids in his system, where you folks believe it because you want it to be true, or is there hope for some sort of sense to be interjected here?

People actually believe Benoit didn't have steroids in his system?

Mooияakeя™
07-18-2008, 05:30 PM
If they have their head screwed on (and let's face it, ratings can potenially = lots of monaayyyy - so they should), they'll continue to improve the product, so i do have some hope in this.

Juan
07-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm confused as to what even needs explaining, but thanks for your interest.

I'm confused as to what a discussion on televison ratings has to do with people believing lies. Did I miss something or are you just spewing venom again?

Kane Knight
07-18-2008, 05:57 PM
People actually believe Benoit didn't have steroids in his system?

Yeah. A ton of people DEMANDED CNN and the "news media" apologise to WWE for their false accusations. And even recently, Afterlife and someone else (afterlife always sticks out; he has the best ridiculous statements) made comments to the effect.

Most people could probably find these things out with four seconds of research, but are content to believe that Benoit didn't do no drugs, Puk outpopped DX, and the ratings are stable.

I'm confused as to what a discussion on televison ratings has to do with people believing lies. Did I miss something or are you just spewing venom again?

Ah. There's the disconnect. I thought it was A to B that I was saying the ratings data was incorrect. You apparently thought me bringing up lies in a ratings thread had to do with the Moon Landing or something. I'm sure that's my fault, not the guy telling me to shut up and accusing me of spewing venom.

Seriously, man, it was a pretty simple concept. Your ratings appear to be bullshit, which is what I said the first time I posted here (indirectly), and what I was talking about when I asked if people really believed this shit.

What else would I be talking about in a ratings thread, praytell? For that matter, before you started in on me, did you ask that, or think for a second?

Destor
07-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm willing to imagine that KK is going on about how the WWE's published ratings don't match the ones he uses...my big issue with this is why does everyone accept these ratings EXCEPT Kane Knight? Whatever.

Kane Knight
07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
"Everyone" doesn't, but then, I suppose I shouldn't believe Nielsen Media Research...

Destor
07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Have fun beleiving your LIES.

DIDNT ACTUALLY READ KK POST

Destor
07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
(works both ways...cool)

Juan
07-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Well I wouldn't want purposely mislead anyone, so instead of keeping the "truth" to yourself, how about you give me the real numbers then?

6/23 Raw (Draft) - 3.40
6/30 Raw - 3.5
7/7 Raw - 3.5
7/14 Raw - 3.2

spunkynut
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.wrestlezone.com//article.php?articleid=218321497
CM Punk may have critics and naysayers questioning his ability to draw as Champion, but this week on Raw definitely can't add to that theory. CM Punk's segment was the highest rated of the entire show with the exception of the overrun which typically is the highest. His match with Kane also drew better than the six man main event featuring JBL/Rhodes/Dibiase facing Cena/Cryme Tyme. Due to the fact that Rhodes and Dibiase and Cryme Tyme are new to the main event slot, you can't really blame anyone in that regard yet, but it could make one believe that the Cena/JBL combination is getting old.

http://rajah.com/base/node/13039

-- CM Punk's match with Kane on Monday's Raw gained 679,000 viewers, which has to be considered a huge success. It was the highest-rated quarter hour of the entire broadcast (3.59), excluding the overrun (3.81). The quarter hours before and after the Punk vs. Kane match scored 3.13 each, despite appearances from John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix. Also, the Jericho vs. London match and the Noble/Layla/Snitsky segment following it lost all the viewers the match had gained as 688,000 viewers changed the channel. The Cena & Cryme Tyme vs. JBL & Rhodes & DiBiase match, and parking lot angle, gained 1,117,000 viewers. The Kingston vs. Burchill match following the Divas match gained 57,000 viewers. John Cena's long-winded promo and the Beth Phoenix vs. Santino Marella match lost 5,000 viewers. DiBiase & Rhodes bullying Kelly Kelly and then insulting "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan gained 25,000 viewers.

Now STFU KK.

Xero
07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Well I wouldn't want purposely mislead anyone, so instead of keeping the "truth" to yourself, how about you give me the real numbers then?

6/23 Raw (Draft) - 3.40
6/30 Raw - 3.5
7/7 Raw - 3.5
7/14 Raw - 3.2
Those are the inflated numbers.

Only number I can truthfully give atm is 7/7, which was 3.1 and 2.8, averaging to 2.95 (rounded to 3 even). So those numbers are wrong (though the general decline/rise is likely correct).

And Destor, it may be because KK gets them directly from Nielsen.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/portal/site/Public/menuitem.43afce2fac27e890311ba0a347a062a0/?show=%2FFilters%2FPublic%2Ftop_tv_ratings%2Fcable_tv&selOneIndex=1&vgnextoid=9e4df9669fa14010VgnVCM100000880a260aRCRD

If I had to hazard a guess (assuming the inflated numbers are real - the ones on the dirt sheets I believe come from a WWE source) it's that they use multiple ratings companies, of which I know of no others.

Juan
07-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I believe they also gather info from digital cable and satellite dish providers to come up with the "inflated" numbers.

Afterlife
07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah. A ton of people DEMANDED CNN and the "news media" apologise to WWE for their false accusations. And even recently, Afterlife and someone else (afterlife always sticks out; he has the best ridiculous statements) made comments to the effect.

Most people could probably find these things out with four seconds of research, but are content to believe that Benoit didn't do no drugs, Puk outpopped DX, and the ratings are stable.

I will never research his death, as far as I now know, because I don't care. My arguments in his regard have only involved the topic of steroids when you or Rob brings them up to avoid the actual points I tried to make. Calling me foolish because you like to spin the conversation is a bit of a stretch.

The Mackem
07-24-2008, 09:31 AM
You guys are fun to read

U-Warrior
07-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Why would someone lie about the ratings?

Destor
07-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Those are the inflated numbers.

Only number I can truthfully give atm is 7/7, which was 3.1 and 2.8, averaging to 2.95 (rounded to 3 even). So those numbers are wrong (though the general decline/rise is likely correct).

And Destor, it may be because KK gets them directly from Nielsen.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/portal/site/Public/menuitem.43afce2fac27e890311ba0a347a062a0/?show=%2FFilters%2FPublic%2Ftop_tv_ratings%2Fcable_tv&selOneIndex=1&vgnextoid=9e4df9669fa14010VgnVCM100000880a260aRCRD

If I had to hazard a guess (assuming the inflated numbers are real - the ones on the dirt sheets I believe come from a WWE source) it's that they use multiple ratings companies, of which I know of no others.
So you mean to tell that because the WWE uses more sorces to compile their information his number are more accurate? Seems the other way around...

Xero
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I have no proof that they do that or not. Until I KNOW where WWE gets their numbers, Nielson is the only official source which can be trusted.