PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross on Miz and Morrison

Anybody Thrilla
07-12-2008, 06:21 PM
A couple weeks ago on SmackDOWN! during the John Morrison/Jeff Hardy match, Jim Ross made a comment that I can't recall verbatim, but he said something along the lines of 'The Miz and John Morrison may be the greatest tag team in terms of innovation since The Rockers'.

Would you agree or disagree with that statement?

Now, it's pretty obvious that the WWE are somewhat high on Miz and Morrison, taking their title reign under consideration, but I still get the feeling that once this title reign is over, they'll both be back to curtain jerking. That would make me pretty sad. I love this team, and they are easily my favorite tag team in a very long time....but maybe that won't be the case? Do you guys think that the WWE are really planning on making actual careers for these guys?

Discuss, kind sirs.

Londoner
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
They're good, but not as good as JR said.

Super V
07-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I think so. They'll be elevated.

Anybody Thrilla
07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I could see Morrison becoming a prime time player down the road, and he's already being made to look like one. The Miz, I'm not so sure about. I love The Miz, but they don't seem to take him as seriously.

Anybody Thrilla
07-12-2008, 06:30 PM
I think so. They'll be elevated.

Elevated dick?

Indifferent Clox
07-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Their amazing, they'll feud after this, and if miz gets a name change he can be taken more seriously and propelled to the next level. Morrison is already there and will be a top guy and world champ in 5 years.

Propelled dick yes.

Anybody Thrilla
07-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Techincally, The Miz won the last match he had with CM Punk. Cleanly. Does that mean he is on a World Championship level? Also, Morrison beat CM Punk fourty one thousand times, so it makes me wonder.

Hanso Amore
07-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I have said it time and time again. BEST TAG TEAM SINCE E+C/Hardys Broke on the scene.

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I do really like these guys, don't get me wrong, but have they actually done anything new or different since being a tag team? That's sort of what innovation is. A great tag team, don't get me wrong, but there have been a lot more "innovative" tag teams out there.

Regardless, this run has done both men a good service. You can tell it's helping, because when you think about it intellectually, John Morrison is really in exactly the same place as he started on SmackDown!, as Johnny Nitro of MNM. That he feels so much more important now shows that he has taken steps forward, and is a different performer now.

I expect good things from both men. Both are talented and entertaining (yes, The Miz is talented), and when they do drop the WWE Tag Team Titles, and the belts do get locked on SmackDown!, I think we'll see The Miz and Morrison both playing renewed crucial singles roles in the main event scene of ECW.

thedamndest
07-13-2008, 12:14 AM
It's kind of ridiculous that the WWE makes their audience go seek out The Dirt Sheet online. Miz and Morrison never get any mic time, but if they aired the Dirt Sheet weekly, these guys would be getting insane pops.

St. Jimmy
07-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Humbly disagree.

Johnny Vegas
07-13-2008, 12:36 AM
John Morrison is up in my top 3 of wrestlers. I think with Morrison, he needs to do his flashy moves during his matches to get even MORE of a fan base. That 180 leg drop, springboard tilt-a-whirl moonsault, his Moonlight Drive, that double-mule kick he does when he jumps over the top ropes from the apron, and his soccer kicks just bring me to love his style. Its pretty unique and he needs to make at least 3 of these moves trademark for his matches (like Cena with the "you can't see me", Orton's stomps, etc).

As far as The Miz, yea like someone said, if he changes his name and at least gets the IC title around his waist and makes a good run, he could be one of the most entertaining IC champs in a LONG time.

But i hate to be one-sided, but John Morrison is going to be bigger than people think. You heard it from me first, the guy i think just needs to be taken more seriously. People think of him as that "Johnny Nitro kid who's got a new hair-do" and shit. When he cuts his hair shorter, its a wrap...

Johnny Vegas
07-13-2008, 12:44 AM
It's kind of ridiculous that the WWE makes their audience go seek out The Dirt Sheet online. Miz and Morrison never get any mic time, but if they aired the Dirt Sheet weekly, these guys would be getting insane pops.

:y: i was thinking the same thing. Hell, they'll show filler matches on RAW but not great stuff like that.

Mercury Bullet
07-13-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't think Miz will ever be an upper level guy, he could possibly have a decent career in the mid card however. Morrison has potential to be a top level star, but probably an equally good chance that he could sink into obscurity.

Lock Jaw
07-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Morrison should start grating people's faces... on his abs! And people would sell it like its devastating, like the FU.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Morrison should start grating people's faces... on his abs! And people would sell it like its devastating, like the FU.

That is exactly what he should do. There is a submission finisher for him. Only, opponents wouldn't submit, because they would be too grateful to be touching the abs of Morrison.

Juan
07-13-2008, 02:11 AM
I fuckin love this tag team.

But like someone said, I think they need to be a little more innovative to get over the "hump."

Lux
07-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Morrison rules, i love them both and could see things for them, i mean the name The Miz is a little bit bland but its better then Mike Mizanin

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 02:44 AM
To be honest, I would mark out if The Miz started putting his hats on the head/face of an opponent he defeats after every match. Kind of like a calling card.

Destor
07-13-2008, 03:17 AM
Morrison=Shawn
Miz=Marty

Xerzes
07-13-2008, 03:37 AM
Fuck Poochy.

Juan
07-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Morrison=Shawn
Miz=Marty

:lol: I can totally see that, but I really really hope that isn't the case after Miz and Morrison eventually break up.

Fox
07-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Miz and Morrison are very good together, easily the best tag team in the WWE today, but the innovators of tag team wrestling already exist in TNA, and they are called the Motor City Machine Guns, and they run circles around M&M.

Destor
07-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Briscoe Brothers all the way. Best tag team in the world today.

Johnny Vegas
07-13-2008, 03:09 PM
:y: @ Fox

Lux
07-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Miz and Morrison are very good together, easily the best tag team in the WWE today, but the innovators of tag team wrestling already exist in TNA, and they are called the Motor City Machine Guns, and they run circles around M&M.

This could be aruged, i mean i give the MCMG all the credit in the world for their skills but to honestly put them on the map of innovating, thats a bit risky there without 3D, The Hardys and E&C where would they be today?

Juan
07-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Just read that the Hardy's will face Miz & Morrison on Tuesday's ECW.

Should be good :y:

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, definitely looking forward to that WWE Tag Team Title match. I can actually see Matt Hardy losing the US Title to Shelton Benjamin on SmackDown!, or something, with The Hardy Boyz winning against Morrison & The Miz, with The Hardyz then winning the belts at The Great American Bash.

Super V
07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
:lol: I can totally see that, but I really really hope that isn't the case after Miz and Morrison eventually break up.

One day they'll break up over an episode of The Dirt Sheet.

Lock Jaw
07-14-2008, 12:24 AM
"Hi. I'm John Morrison and last Thursday I went surfing naked. While most people would have been arrested for indecent exposure... I was awarded the key to to the city of Manhattan Beach."

Xero
07-14-2008, 01:30 AM
JR is the best hype man in the business.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, JR can convince you it is, even if it's just for that second.

BigDaddyCool
07-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Morrison has been a 7 time champion since being in WWE. He is going to be a maineventer. He was pretty solid in the rumble.

Anybody Thrilla
07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I was shocked at how good Morrison looked against Batista that one time, even though he lost.

BigDaddyCool
07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Morrison is going to be an HBK type guy. A small atheletic guy that will bounce all around the ring making everone look good as long as he doesn't get his head stuck up his ass. Plus he has amazing abs.

Loose Cannon
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
there's a little team coming up the ranks called Dibiase/Rhodes that may have something to say about this