PDA

View Full Version : I love Mike Knox

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2008, 02:12 PM
The dude is just a straight up brawler, and he's good at what he does. Say what you want about him being bland or whatever, but I've been marking out for him hardcore as of late. It seems as if he's getting somewhat of a push, but it's an ECW push, so it means dick all. Do you guys think he has any chance of becoming an integral part of either Raw or SmackDOWN! in the future, or is he just destined to be wished the best of luck in his future endeavors after challenging and failing for the ECW title?

D Mac
07-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Meh

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your input Diesel Mac. It was very insightful.

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you even watch ECW, Diesel Mac?

Londoner
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your input Diesel Mac. It was very insightful.

Typical metallica fan.

As for my opinion, i can't see him going far tbh.

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm not so sure today's WWE landscape is condusive to Mike Knox's ability, which is a shame (sorta), but I think if he were around back in the day, he would have been huge. There's probably still some sort of role he can play, though. Maybe a bodyguard for somebody?

Londoner
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Would be better off in TNA.

D Mac
07-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Do you even watch ECW, Diesel Mac?

nope

D Mac
07-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh and TL, eat a dick

Londoner
07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Take your own advice!

D Mac
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm in a foul mood. :mad:

Londoner
07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
That's good then. :)

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
nope

Then wouldn't it have just been a lot easier to not say anything?

4 knuckles up
07-16-2008, 02:52 PM
He came here for directions on how to get away from this thread...

Anybody Thrilla
07-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Everybody's a comedian, I see.

Where's Elijah Burke been anyway?

Gertner
07-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Good call. Thrilla. As your fellow Mike Knox supporter, I gotta back you on this. He has a sweet set up/finisher combo, as he has the mobility to work with a cruiserweight, as evidence b not looking like a complete stiff taking a hurracanrana from Moore and Bourne.

Rammsteinmad
07-16-2008, 03:16 PM
The only thing I've ever enjoyed about Mike Knox is when Shawn Michaels Superkicked him at Survivor Series 2006, and then after acted all like "Who the hell was that guy?".

:lol:

thedamndest
07-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Have they given him a real gimmick/character since his break-up with Kelly?

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Mike Knox is a bland brawling heel that is a dime a dozen in WWE. He won't go far unless he pulls out some character.

Juan
07-16-2008, 05:18 PM
He's ok in my book. Obviously he's doing something right since he's picking up wins.

Sebastian
07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Mike Knox has a gigantic problem.

No, it is not his wrestling skills...

Its his character...he has NONE! At least when he was with Kelly, he had the character of a heel abuser that he could have taken further by beating up other women and getting over as a heel using that. Instead, it was just dropped and very quickly at that.

Now he is just a guy with a beard...no different from local jobbers except that he has theme music and a bare tron.

If WWE wanted this guy to suceed, he would be building up a true character, instead he is currently thrown into the gutter.

Anybody Thrilla
07-17-2008, 01:53 AM
You have to admit, though...that theme song is really fucking sweet.

screech
07-17-2008, 02:57 AM
I like him, even though he has no character. He's a good brawler, but he probably won't get a decent push unless he's given a gimmick. His music is fucking sweet, it fits him, as does his finisher. On a side note, is it really called the Knoxout, or is that something Mike Adamle just says randomly?

screech
07-17-2008, 03:03 AM
The only thing I've ever enjoyed about Mike Knox is when Shawn Michaels Superkicked him at Survivor Series 2006, and then after acted all like "Who the hell was that guy?".

:lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsKDZ_cAjH8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsKDZ_cAjH8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He gets eliminated about 30 seconds into it.

Hilarious.

Xerzes
07-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Meh

I do like his finisher, though.

Anybody Thrilla
07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
The way DX treated Mike Knox in that video makes it impossible for him to get over.

Gertner
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
The way DX treated Mike Knox in that video makes it impossible for him to get over.

that was a long time ago. people have forgotten about that and are focusing on the greatness that is Knox

Kane Knight
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM

The lack of any real reason to get behind him is probably just coincidence.

Anybody Thrilla
07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
What I'm saying is that they were making it pretty obvious to the fans that he's never going to become anything by the way they treated him. It was kind of a dick move on their part. I also was a little offput with how they shipped The Spirit Squad off to OVW. If two of your most over guys are treating other talents like garbage, marks will view them that way for a long time, I figure. No, there isn't any 'real' reason to get behind Knox at the moment, but even if they try something with him, he's tarnished.

Anybody Thrilla
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
It's hard not to get behind this theme song, though:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xns4kFmMwlo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xns4kFmMwlo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
07-22-2008, 12:55 AM
I like Mike Knox enough. I love his theme song. I've been enjoying his work with smaller guys. I wouldn't mind it if he got some kind of sadist gimmick where he liked working with smaller guys, and beating the crap out of them because he could. Don't call him a "bully," that's just childish. Come up with some kind of sadistic way of putting it over as an asshole thing to do.

He could pick on Hornswoggle, which could then piss of Finlay, and get the Belfast Brawler into a singles feud, something that he needs. It would also give Knox a chance to work with someone that can really help him develop.

screech
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I like Mike Knox enough. I love his theme song. I've been enjoying his work with smaller guys. I wouldn't mind it if he got some kind of sadist gimmick where he liked working with smaller guys, and beating the crap out of them because he could. Don't call him a "bully," that's just childish. Come up with some kind of sadistic way of putting it over as an asshole thing to do.

He could pick on Hornswoggle, which could then piss of Finlay, and get the Belfast Brawler into a singles feud, something that he needs. It would also give Knox a chance to work with someone that can really help him develop.

I absolutely love that idea.

Juan
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
The WWE Mobile service has an "After The Bell" video of Mike Knox getting into a scuffle with Finlay backstage. On Tuesday's edition of ECW, they aired a Mike Knox video package, so it looks like he's in line for a more distinct role in the company. Knox has been directionless for the most part since the conclusion of his program with Kelly Kelly in December 2006.

Kane Knight
07-23-2008, 10:42 PM
What I'm saying is that they were making it pretty obvious to the fans that he's never going to become anything by the way they treated him. It was kind of a dick move on their part. I also was a little offput with how they shipped The Spirit Squad off to OVW. If two of your most over guys are treating other talents like garbage, marks will view them that way for a long time, I figure. No, there isn't any 'real' reason to get behind Knox at the moment, but even if they try something with him, he's tarnished.

Yeah. Little as I like the Spirit Squad, that was a really dumb thig to do. When you shit over all the new talent, it's really hard for anyone to shine. And usually, they do that. I don't think I'd be a fan of Knox one way or another, but I see your point.

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2008, 05:12 AM
The Spirit Squad could have been really good. I love the idea of young guys branching together and trying to ensure they rise as quickly as possible, and manage to hang in around the top. The cheerleader gimmick made them hard to swallow, though. Ken Doane and Johnny Jeter could have been stars coming out of it, though. Nick Mitchell surprised me with how good he was just two years into his career, and he could have developed into something more. Mike Mondo and Nick Nemeth also made fans out of me, but Mikey getting drunk fucked it up for himself.

The idea was more refined and used better with The New Breed. Four "new" guys that hung out together, and took on the older guys and became the main focus of their show because of it. Excellent stable, with an excellent execution. It's a shame they disbanded it for no good reason at all. Not one member of the group ended up benefiting from the split.

But yeah, cutting off young talent is a horrible thing to do.

07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
I thought that couple of months with the Spirit Squad was literally the worst RAW has been in the last ten years. It was almost unwatchable for me.

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2008, 12:40 PM
To me, that was mainly because of DX, though. That DX shit was horrible. There might have been two good moments from it.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, The Spirit Squad was great. DX was crap. Also, I probably wouldn't have put the Spirit Squad in that PPV main event, whatever show that was.

Juan
07-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I thought that couple of months with the Spirit Squad was literally the worst RAW has been in the last ten years. It was almost unwatchable for me.

Almost...

screech
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM

It was unwatchable for me. I was glad to see them go, just not like that. They were all good wrestlers, but the gimmick and the subsequent program with DX made it hard to watch. It's a shame none of them got anywhere.

The idea was more refined and used better with The New Breed. Four "new" guys that hung out together, and took on the older guys and became the main focus of their show because of it. Excellent stable, with an excellent execution. It's a shame they disbanded it for no good reason at all. Not one member of the group ended up benefiting from the split.

I completely agree. They were awesome and should have stayed together longer. It sucks that all of that great talent pretty much went to waste, but in WWE what else is new?

Also,

Cutting off young talent is a horrible thing to do.

Sebastian
07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
This gives me a great idea for what WWE can do.

They can send Dykstra to ECW and have him say he wants to start a NEW Spirit Squad.

He can then try to recruit Mike Knox and WWE can do videos where Mike Knox fails at cheerleading and sucks at repeating Dykstra's moves.

Eventually Dykstra gets mad at Knox failing so much that they have a feud.

Anybody Thrilla
07-28-2008, 06:58 PM
So how long should we wait for your great idea?

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2008, 04:28 AM
I would love to see Ken Doane receive a push. Apparently he has an ego problem, but he has so much potential it is ridiculous. When Randy Orton is one of your top guys, attitude shouldn't be a concern. I'd like to see him show up on ECW and help out his former partner in John Morrison.

Or have him return to SmackDown!, continuing to bang Victoria, which would make him the man. I'd love to see some sort of stable based around Victoria and Natalya. They are best friends, and they each bring their boyfriends in (Ken Doane and TJ Wilson). Natalya also starts hanging around her cousin (DH Smith).

I still want to see Johnny Jeter as a disciple of Chris Jericho's. Especially now that Jericho is the awesome heel he is. I've never seen anything like it confirmed, but I'm almost certain that Jericho would have been a major influence in Jeter's career. Jeter just walks like Jericho, has has a similar look, worn similar tights, used the Lionsault, was part of a team called "The Thrillseekers," etc. Now that Jericho and Lance Cade are all about their "Save_Me" stuff, Jeter would be a fantastic addition on that front.

Nick Nemeth's "The Natural" character is apparently getting great heat. RAW seems pretty crowded in the mid-card, though. I'm actually wondering if ECW would not be a better place for it. Nemeth can work with guys like Matt Hardy, Finlay and Evan Bourne then.

Juan
07-30-2008, 01:44 AM
I dig Mike Knox, but he just reminded me of this guy for some reason...

http://wwfcharacters.googlepages.com/berzerker.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't think Mike Knox looks anything like Mr. Fuji, but whatever you say man.

Xerzes
08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
HUSS!