PDA

View Full Version : La Familia (spoilers)

Evil Vito
07-19-2008, 10:50 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Well, now we know that Edge cheated on Vickie and so they seem to be split up for good...unless they ignore it and get back together which I don't really see happening.

Edge is clearly gonna still be the top heel on SD, but the what happens to all the other members of the stable now?

Vickie I guess is meant to elicit sympathy from the fans even though she's been the most hated person on TV for months...don't really see how she could ever be a proper face again. I'm hoping she quits and they bring in someone else to be a GM...maybe Armando Estrada pulls some strings and gets hired since he technically hasn't got an ECW contract anymore. It could set up a mini SD/ECW feud with Estrada and Long.

Chavo seemed to be genuinely pissed off at Edge...so I definitely could see him as a face. They've teased him being face before, so that's what will probably happen.

Ryder & Hawkins I'm guessing will continue being a heel team because without them the only heel team is Miz/Morrison who technically aren't even on the same show. I think they'll break them away from Edge though.

For some reason I see Bam Neely being the only member of the stable that still supports Edge...I dunno, just seems like having him turn on Chavo during his feud with Edge is something WWE would do. Plus it really makes no sense for a face to have a bodyguard anyway.

Thoughts?</font>

Londoner
07-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Really strange that they've split them up at that point. I can probably see chavo turning face and it being chavo v edge after this match tmrw. This may be what they're thinking, what will happen to the stable itself i dunno.

Rob
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I would have fucked that wedding planner too.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-19-2008, 06:17 PM
I would have fucked that wedding planner too.

At first I thought it was Krystal

#1-norm-fan
07-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking Vickie probably re-hires 'Taker to get back at Edge leading to a gimmick match of some sort at SummerSlam to finish the feud. Would actually be a pretty logical and smart idea.

Mayo
07-19-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking Vickie probably re-hires 'Taker to get back at Edge leading to a gimmick match of some sort at SummerSlam to finish the feud. Would actually be a pretty logical and smart idea.
So obviously the WWE won't do it :p

Mr. Nerfect
07-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Vickie Guerrero bringing back The Undertaker does seem like a logical way to keep this going, but I wouldn't want to see it. Edge and Taker worked some great matches, but I've seen more than enough of them for now.

Chavo Guerrero turning face seems like the best option. The way they had him get beaten by Evan Bourne surprised me, but I think it was the WWE squeezing the very last heel juices out of him. Chavo should have been more of a focus of the closing segment of SmackDown!, with Edge telling the production team to not show the video, and Chavo saying that he wanted them to. I'd go as far as adding Chavo to the main event of The Great American Bash, and saving Edge vs. Triple H for Summerslam.

Bam Neely was very good on SmackDown!, I thought. He's got his character down. He could stick around with Chavo, or the two could feud with Neely re-affirming heel status. I mean, Neely is meant to be a former border patrol agent. He just seems like someone Chavo would feud with. :shifty:

Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins seem like Edge's boys. Bros before hos/mates before dates should take effect, and Ryder & Hawkins remain Edge's troupe. Although, this could be a chance for them to develop their own personalities. I think the WWE is moving away from that, though. I mean, they went out of the way to have them play Edge's music for them during their match, despite having their own.

darkpower
07-20-2008, 04:26 AM
#1, that's what I was thinking this was going to lead to, because I've been hearing that they want for the Taker/Edge thing to be started again for Summerslam. Somehow, I think this is how they are going to do it, to somehow make Vicki so pissed about this that she does the one thing that would reverse one of the main claims that Edge's character could make (that he retired the Undertaker). That would really get the fans going in her favor again. Though if he comes back, I wouldn't mind him going back to the biker thing just for kicks (dunno why, but it's important to not forget about THAT part of his career, and I always thought that gimmick allowed him to show off more of his pure wrestling skill than the Phenom gimmick ever did).

But I was about to make a topic like this because I'm seriously at a loss as to if the WWE has really made up their minds as to where this angle is going (they break up, then get back together, now they break up again). I may be asking for too much out of them, but MAKE UP YOUR FUCKIN' MINDS, WWE!!

Mr. Nerfect
07-20-2008, 04:42 AM
It also wouldn't surprise me if La Familia stayed together, and it was a massive swerve to get the WWE Championship onto Edge. It doesn't really make sense to keep Edge vs. Triple H if Vickie is so pissed off at Edge. Logically she'd bump him out of the match, or at least add in some other faces, making it a clusterfuck which allows someone to steal the title.

darkpower
07-20-2008, 04:51 AM
It also wouldn't surprise me if La Familia stayed together, and it was a massive swerve to get the WWE Championship onto Edge. It doesn't really make sense to keep Edge vs. Triple H if Vickie is so pissed off at Edge. Logically she'd bump him out of the match, or at least add in some other faces, making it a clusterfuck which allows someone to steal the title.

Or have Taker return AT the Bash (I think that was another possibility I've read somewhere) and screw Edge somehow on the account of Vicki.

Londoner
07-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Yeh taker returning for SS seems logical, just hope they have Chavo pissed off at Edge for humiliating Vickie.

Mr. Nerfect
07-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeh taker returning for SS seems logical, just hope they have Chavo pissed off at Edge for humiliating Vickie.

Yeah, I'm half-expecting the lights to go out and the gong to sound. The way they put over Umaga on SmackDown! makes me think that we could see the Samoan Bulldozer built up to job to Triple H at Summerslam while Edge and Taker did their thing.