PDA

View Full Version : For the love of CHRIST I hope this was a joke!

darkpower
07-21-2008, 03:10 AM
From http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/07/20/final-fantasy-xiii-on-xbox-360-causes-suicide.html

Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 Causes Suicide?
Date: 20 Jul 2008 Author: Kitmitsu Views: 5253
News Category: Final Fantasy XIII (http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/category/final-fantasy-xiii-news) http://www.n4g.com/images/b/80x15-n4g-tips-blk.gif (http://www.n4g.com/tips.aspx?url=http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/07/20/final-fantasy-xiii-on-xbox-360-causes-suicide.html&title=Final%20Fantasy%20XIII%20on%20Xbox%20360%20Causes%20Suicide?)
Many of us have been severly let down by Square-Enix after their announcement that Final Fantasy XIII would be seeing a release on Xbox 360 but I doubt any of us have been hit as hard as this. Apparently a GameFAQs member has been contemplating suicide after this announcement.

The member "pie185" was soo affected by Square-Enix's choice that he posted a suicide note on the GameFAQs forum in which he told everyone what an affect the Final Fantasy series has had on his life. According to the rumor, the member has killed himself and hasn't logged in since. I haven't been able to find the post myself but our forum member Moklin, has a screenshot of it from YTMND.

Suicide Note Post Screenshot (http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4297)

I haven't seen the post myself but I still really doubt there is any truth to it. If it is a joke and he really wanted it to get out then I guess it worked. Although if he really did commit suicide, he's the ultimate moron and Square-Enix has more than their fans betrayal to be sorry for.

I don't think I want to click the link and read it for moral reasons, but if this is true (and this is GameFAQs we're talking about here, so take it at face value), then my God, I hope SOMEONE stopped him. NOTHING is worth doing that, ESPECIALLY over just a game. Even though from what I read, the kid had some type of autism that really fucked up his mind (can't confirm that, though).

Seriously, we can discuss who is a fanboy for who all we want, but this is not a fanboy act. This is just a cowardly act anyway you slice it.

Indifferent Clox
07-21-2008, 03:26 AM
Obligatory Clox Post.

Requiem
07-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Just thinning the gene pool. Good for him.

DrA
07-21-2008, 05:45 AM
RIP

Extreme Angle
07-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Lol, loser. "FFX-2 made me understand the opposite sex..." Lol

2000th post btw.

Kane Knight
07-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Ironic that a post by darkpower is about a guy who sounds like darkpower.

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2008, 08:18 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/evildrew81/scary%20stuff/Joker.gif

Xero
07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
"Many of us have been severly let down by Square-Enix after their announcement that Final Fantasy XIII would be seeing a release on Xbox 360 but I doubt any of us have been hit as hard as this."

Uh, did I miss something here? What the fuck is the big deal about a game going multi-platform? Honestly, I think that's the real story here, not some douchebag looking for attention.

My guess (aside from trolling)? The douche posted (haven't and won't read that shit, by the way) it assuming that if someone would commit suicide over a game going multi-platform maybe Square-Enix would listen. They wouldn't, but it's a nice to think and maybe even believe your life has so much control over a multi-billion dollar company let alone the people of the internet.

Kane Knight
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Anyone let down by a game going multiplatform probably shoudl kill themselves, actually.

Ninti the Mad
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I hope they make authentic Joker costume. It looks so awesome.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Phoenix Downs won't save you from that one.

Jura
07-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Lvl 20 Resurrection Spell!

El Fangel
07-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Jesus, I stymied as to how he didnt kill him 3 games ago.

Funky Fly
07-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Yeah, if you'd kill yourself over a videogame, you're probably better off dead. Seriously, no hope at that point.

Not even trying to be a dick here, it's just that sad.

El Fangel
07-22-2008, 01:47 AM
I dont think this is real, if he was going to off himself, he would have done it when FF X-2 was released.

darkpower
07-22-2008, 06:53 AM
I dont think this is real, if he was going to off himself, he would have done it when he found out Final Fantasy Mystic Quest existed.

Fixed.

Purgatory
07-22-2008, 11:13 AM
So, this kid kills him/herself because the game was being released on the 360??! I mean, it IS coming out on the PS3 too, right?

Xero
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
People assumed that it was PS3 exclusive and I'm sure many went out and bought the PS3 for that reason. Honestly, did people go apeshit over FF going to the Playstation instead of sticking with Nintendo?

It's sort of like the Jericho situation where everyone was pissed when he didn't show up on a show he was never advertised for.

Though this does say something about the PS3. If people are this upset over the game not being PS3 exclusive it's clear Sony's in trouble.

Imagine what would happen if Nintendo released a Mario game on another console. lol

Loose Cannon
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
ROFL Koos

Kane Knight
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
So, this kid kills him/herself because the game was being released on the 360??! I mean, it IS coming out on the PS3 too, right?

It's still coming out for the PS3.

People assumed that it was PS3 exclusive and I'm sure many went out and bought the PS3 for that reason. Honestly, did people go apeshit over FF going to the Playstation instead of sticking with Nintendo?

It's sort of like the Jericho situation where everyone was pissed when he didn't show up on a show he was never advertised for.

Though this does say something about the PS3. If people are this upset over the game not being PS3 exclusive it's clear Sony's in trouble.

Imagine what would happen if Nintendo released a Mario game on another console. lol

People didn't go apeshit over it going PSX exclusive. But then, you have to remember that FFVII is the first FF many gamers played, and so you didn't have quite the same body of retards to go apreshit.

I like your Jericho comparrison. Having retards take my "You're jumping the gun" comments as "Jericho is never coming back, ever!" I think the response is pretty similar.

Keep in mind, too, the move to the PSX was in part due to the size of the fanbase, so there's already precedent to trying to appeal to the console with the biggest fanbase, and it didn't even go exclusive this time. But this so-called suicide (still not assuming it's true), the "There will be a reckoning...GREAT NIHON!" douchebag, and the retards talking about it being unfair will not be wayed by reasoning.

darkpower
07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
There's more question about the state of the third party exclusive with this than anything else. You have to have it be first or second party for a game to truly be exclusive anymore.

Indifferent Clox
07-23-2008, 04:26 AM
if my last name was Downs, I would so name my Daughter or son.. Phoenix

Kane Knight
07-23-2008, 10:29 AM
There's more question about the state of the third party exclusive with this than anything else. You have to have it be first or second party for a game to truly be exclusive anymore.

:lol:

Then why was your ass so chapped by the FF13 announcement?

darkpower
07-23-2008, 03:13 PM
:lol:

Then why was your ass so chapped by the FF13 announcement?

Heh...it wasn't, actually. Was I shocked? Of course. MS hit the jackpot right there. Will it end Sony? Absolutely not (especially with the stuff that we'll hear within the next few weeks. There's another huge title we're going to hear about on the 3rd and SE's event on that date also has some sort of announcement that is beneficial to Sony).

But no, I haven't went into psycho mode over it like alot of people have.

El Fangel
07-24-2008, 04:49 AM
I wonder what item you use to cure the Red Ring Of Death. :-\

Xero
07-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Phoenix Warranty.

El Fangel
07-25-2008, 02:54 AM
You can get that by going to the Microsoft Dealer and purchasing it for 200 Gil right?