PDA

View Full Version : With the RAW/ECW merger done...

Gertner
07-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I ope they bring back Heat. I know I'm probably one of ten, but I liked watching Heat. Great time killer, plus you actually get to see London and Haas not getting squashed every week.

Londoner
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Don't see the point in bringing back heat, it was fucking shite.

Destor
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
With ECW it allows them to get young talent that otherwise wouldn't be used showcase on TV. Giving them time to grow into their characters threw title feuds and angles instead of random matches with nothing behind. So when they get to a real brand that awkward phase is already over. ECW > Heat.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Velocity > Heat.

Mainly because of Josh Matthews

Destor
07-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I have learned from two very reliable sources today that plans for ECW to move its tapings to Monday night before Raw have now been dropped.

The general feeling is that it was going to be a bad move from the start when discussions started about going through with it as Monday’s tend to be much more stressful than Tuesday’s.

In addition, combining the Raw and ECW rosters would have made it much harder for ECW wrestlers to get on the Raw house show cards and leaving them less time to work per week.
K. When I read done I thought you meant complete. I dunno if I trust this source, has anyone major confirmed this?

Xero
07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I've heard that it's being pushed back to at least 2009 but I haven't heard anything about dropping it entirely.

Ruien
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
That is a garbage source. Everything they claim never happens.

Xero
07-25-2008, 11:19 AM
On top of that, I'm pretty sure that's our old pal Matt Boone's site/show.

Kane Knight
07-25-2008, 01:15 PM
That is a garbage source. Everything they claim never happens.

On top of that, I'm pretty sure that's our old pal Matt Boone's site/show.

The news is good enough for everybody else; why isn't it good enough for you?

Mooияakeя™
07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Velocity titles and 'look' was cool imo. Yeah, Velocity > Heat.

Destor
07-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Velocity had way better matches as well. Still does, seeing as they turned it into ECW.

Destor
07-26-2008, 04:27 AM
-- To put the speculation to rest, plans to tape ECW on Monday nights before Raw have been dropped. Pretty much everyone thought it was bad move in the first place because Mondays are much more stressful backstage than Tuesdays. Also, Raw has the greatest roster depth and it would be really difficult for the ECW guys to get on house shows.

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Velocity > Heat.

I liked Velocity better, but Josh Mathews was actually the play-by-play commentator of Heat towards the end of its run.

I would like the WWE to bring back Velocity, and actually pump it full of wrestling and its own storylines. Heat coming back would be OK, but that would mean four hours of wrestling for the RAW crowd.

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Velocity > Heat.

I liked Velocity better, but Josh Mathews was actually the play-by-play commentator of Heat towards the end of its run.

I would like the WWE to bring back Velocity, and actually pump it full of wrestling and its own storylines. Heat coming back would be OK, but that would mean four hours of wrestling for the RAW crowd.