PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Nation of Domination??

MrSpikeLee
07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Could we see the return on the nation of domination?

I mean why else would they bring back D'lo Brown??

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2008, 02:18 PM
To have him pick up a few big wins over Funaki and then wish him the best in his future endeavors shortly thereafter?

MrSpikeLee
07-27-2008, 02:23 PM
To have him pick up a few big wins over Funaki and then wish him the best in his future endeavors shortly thereafter?

Yeah good point, but I D'lo looked like he hadn't lost a touch last week, he looked awesome. I doubt he'll be made a jobber.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I agree, he looked good, but I really don't see how they plan to fit him into the current WWE landscape in a prominent and entertaining roll. It just seems to me like he may turn out like 2 Cold Scorpio who they hired back a couple years ago and did absolutely dick all with before they released him.

I hope this won't be the case, as I was always a D'Lo mark and I think he has the potential to be very entertaining when put in a position to do so. I think the writing has taken a turn for the better, so he may stand a better chance than Flash Funk, but it's much too early to speculate at this point.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Also, I don't think Raw is the place for him just yet. He just has SmackDOWN! written all over him it seems, especially as a face.

On a side note, did they always bill him as being three hundred pounds? He doesn't look like it to me.

Hanso Amore
07-27-2008, 03:20 PM
They always did. Used to make a big deal about the 300 pound frog splash

Hanso Amore
07-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I didnt get to see Raw (out to sea) what was his return like? Fans pop? Announcer sell it big?

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Decent pop, beat Santino in a squash, but the match was more about Beth Phoenix appearing and kissing Santino than anything else.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2008, 03:39 PM
The announcers were going on about how he had matured a lot since his last WWE run and he was now more focused or something.

Londoner
07-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Wonder how they'll use D'lo atm, can't think of any heels he can feud with other than santino.

Volare
07-27-2008, 04:10 PM
IMO D'lo vs Mark Henry would've drawn attention to me just because of their past....and they could use that to fuel a pretty good storyline.

Londoner
07-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Well since they're merging ECW/raw its possible..

Hanso Amore
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
They need to be careful here. He could be a solid IC title contender if they play their card right. Maybe he treads water a few weeks, winning and getting back over as a babyface...

Then once Kofi is done with Burchill, they could have a title match. Kofi wins clean, D'Lo snaps and beats him down, turning heel, because Kofi needs to Recognize.

That would be a decent feud.

Hanso Amore
07-27-2008, 04:31 PM
They called of the ECW change to Raw.

NeanderCarl
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Decent pop, beat Santino in a squash, but the match was more about Beth Phoenix appearing and kissing Santino than anything else.

I thought it was a pretty lukewarm response myself.

Londoner
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh did they? Where'd you hear that?(in reply to MAH)

#1-norm-fan
07-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it's on the front page.

As for feuds for D'Lo, maybe Deuce?

Possibly Chuck Palumbo?

thedamndest
07-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Those "D'Lo says he has matured" comments were such bullshit. He was one of their hottest guys and they dropped him because of lack of storyline ideas and probably the Droz thing. He was plenty mature.

Mr. Nerfect
07-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I think the "matured" comments might be in regards to his work in Japan, and his further improvement over his already awesome skills. It'd be a way to elevate him properly and make it seem credible.

Also, D'Lo just works as a face, at the moment. To be honest, in kayfabe, it would seem the best brand for him would be ECW, if just for his kayfabe connections to Theodore Long and Mark Henry. He'd have a lot of talented guys to work with, too. But yeah, on RAW, I could see him getting into a feud with William Regal, or something. That could be cool.

We should have Ron Killings on RAW and D'Lo on SmackDown!, I think. I also seem to remember reading his weight as 275lbs a lot. Not sure what he was announced as, though. The written weight of wrestlers often varied from their announced weight. Rikishi used to always read at 401lbs, but was announced as being 424lbs, for example.

#1-norm-fan
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Also, he wore a "protective" chest plate in the ring despite not really needing it. From the announcer's stand-point, character-wise, he has matured. I'm pretty sure the announcers would not be referring to his work in Japan.

Rollermacka
07-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Could we see the return on the nation of domination?

I mean why else would they bring back D'lo Brown??

Why would they bring back the Nation of Domination? :roll: They sucked now what they need to do is bring back the Truth Commisson :shifty:

Mister Sinister
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Why would they bring back the Nation of Domination? :roll: They sucked now what they need to do is bring back the Mean Street Posse :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Also, he wore a "protective" chest plate in the ring despite not really needing it. From the announcer's stand-point, character-wise, he has matured. I'm pretty sure the announcers would not be referring to his work in Japan.

I'm not sure I follow. Didn't he wear a protective chest plate in a previous gimmick? The WWE reference foreign work of wrestlers all the time. It's pretty much Evan Bourne's gimmick in ECW.