PDA

View Full Version : Weekend ROH Results

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2008, 07:54 PM
RESULTS

1) Chris Hero defeats Ruckus with a big boot to the face.

2) Delirious defeats Kenny Omega via submission with the Cobra Stretch. Omega looked "OK. Pretty good actually."

3) Sara Del Rey defeats Jennifer Blake. Daizee Haze runs in after the match to save Blake as Sara was going to try and break her neck.

4) Erick Stevens & Go Shiozaki go to a 15 minute draw. Match was very good. Shiozaki hit a top rope suplex with time expiring but couldn't get the pin. Crowd was probably 95/5 in favor of Shiozaki.

~Crowd is chanting for 5 more minutes. Larry Sweeney says there will be NO more minutes, as Go was only paid for 15. This brings out Lance Storm! Chris Hero follows him out and attack him. Lance and Erick get the better of Chris, Storm and Stevens end up putting Hero and (either Sweeney or Go, couldn't make out which) in simultaneous Canadian Maple Leaves.

5) Bryan Danielson defeats Claudio Castagnoli. This is your brand new MOTY. Without question. Back and forth and back and forth, crowd was rabid for this match. Again, crowd was probaly 95/5 in favor of Dragon, which was odd since so many people were seen in Claudio shirts.

~After the match Dragon gets a mic and puts over Canada. He says these are the kind of fans Ring Of Honor is looking for, and that when they return in November it will be a double shot weekend.

~INTERMISSION~

~Segment straight out of intermission with Rhett Titus, Delirious, and Daizee. Really cute stuff. Ends with Delirious and Haze holding hands. Everybody all together now, "awww!".

6) Naomichi Marufuji defeats Roderick Strong with the Shiranui. Crowd was 50/50 for both guys. Match was about as great as it was anticipated to be.

7) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Kevin Steen

8)
Aries & The Briscoes over The Age Of The Fall after a Jay Driller on Tyler Black.

Apparently during the match, Jimmy was trying to get Necro to nail Aries with a chair, and vice versa.. Necro eventually threw down the chair and left.

Sat Night.

RESULTS

Preshow

1) Ernie Osiris, Kyle Durden & Alex Payne defeat Rocky Fontaine, Ninja White & Ninja Yellow. Ninjas went Mark Briscoe on Osiris and Payne's asses. Kung Fu double teams. Crowd was really hot for this, chanting "Go ninja go!"

2) D-Ray 3000 defeats Shane Hollister in a glorified squash. Yet, a very entertaining squash. Ray got "Fear The Fro" chants. Ray was working really stiff.

~Place is totally packed. People are standing everywhere because there is no where left to sit.

Main Show

~ROH returns to Detroit January 30th.

~Age Of The Fall are out to open the show. Jimmy Jacobs and his red bangs & mohawk says that the Age of the Fall have all the power, and with that they refuse to defend the belts tonight on PPV. Briscoes hit the ring and clean house. Age of the Fall try to bail but Aries attacks them!

1) Jay & Mark Briscoe squash Mitch Franklin to defeat he & Silas Young with the Doomsday Device. Silas and the Briscoes were over like mad .... Mitch not so much.

2) Erick Stevens defeats Ruckus, Delirious, & Shane Hagadorn with a Doctor Bomb on Hagadorn. Ruckus and Delirious were very over.

~Aries is out with a mic. He calls out Jimmy Jacobs and Jimmy Jacobs alone. He's attacked by Tyler Black and Mischif. Jimmy then does come out and attacks Aries with a large HOOK! A large portion of the locker room come out to break it up. In the midst of this, Steen gets a mic and demands a title shot for he and El Generico. Jacobs says Steen has to earn it. Steen challenges Jimmy but gets attacked by Necro.

3) Kevin Steen defeats Necro Butcher in an awesome brawl with a Package Piledriver.

4) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Claudio Castagnoli with a Rebound Lariat to retain the gold in a match that was described as much better than their Hammerstein encounter. Crowd was really letting Nigel have it. "You're a ****er" chants from one section, and "McLariat" chants from another. Nigel sends a message to Dragon yet again using his "I have till 5" in the corner. Nigel busted out the Skull F*** in Detroit to chants of "you're not Shelley". His response was "I'm the best damn wrestler in the world." Nigel retains via Rebound Lariat.

~INTERMISSION~

~Long intermission tonight. Lance Storm STILL has a huge line of people for him and Bushwacker Luke appears quite drunk. Fun night!

5) Silas Young pulling double duty tonight defeats Kenny Omega with a moonsault. Omega looked awesome and the match was very good. Both men got a standing ovation and Omega got the "please come back" treatment.

6) Roderick Strong & Naomichi Marufuji defeat Chris Hero & Go Shiozaki when Strong pins Hero. Prior to the match, Sweeney offers Marufuji a spot in SNS Inc. Marufuji shoots Sweeney the finger! SNS Inc. attempts to bail, but they're cut off by Lance Storm! Hmm, think he might be over? He puts over ROH big time, and says that tonight he is the special ringside enforcer to keep Sweeney in line!

Fuji was over like god, Strong looked kinda sloppy. Crowd popped more for the chops than anything.

After the match Storm raises Strong's hand only to get jumped from behind. Storm locks Sweeney in the Canadian Maple Leaf. He's blasted from behind by Hero. Sweeney cuts a short promo and leaves. Storm gets a standing ovation and "one more match" chants as he gets back up.

7) Bryan Danielson defeats Tyler Black. Crowd was red hot before the match even begins. Tyler is made aware that his head is in fact in danger of being f***ing kicked in. Dragon is bending and twisting Black up Jack Evans style! Crowd lets Dragon know that he's a sick f*** for doing such a thing! Tyler Black hurls Dragon in to the corner with a powerbomb so strong that the ring breaks! Dragon kicked out from that, a superkick, and a Small Package Driver! Fans are on their feet for the final 5 minutes. Dragon traps Tyler and finishes him with the elbows. Fans are going nuts for this. MOTY chants. "Their best encounter yet."

~Aries has jumped Jimmy Jacobs and they are beating the hell out of each other. Think Strong/Stevens from Supercard. The brawl has now headed in to the crowd! Aries is now bleeding. They've taken the fight to the autograph table! A twenty foot ladder is now being brought in to play. They've fought to the top of the ladder. Fans are chanting "PLEASE DON'T DIE!" Necro is out with a chair! Both Aries and Jacobs are telling him to hit the other with it. Necro throws down the chair in frustration and bolts! All of a sudden, Necro returns and shoves the ladder over sending BOTH men down through two tables! Necro turns back around and shoves the ladder over sending BOTH of them through two tables. Necro says that he doesn't need either of them, and walks away leaving them in a pile of broken tables.

8) HONOR RUMBLE! 15 Men In All Will Be Entered

Entrants, in order: were Bobby Dempsey, Kyle Durden, Jay Briscoe, Erick Stevens, Claudio Castagnoli, Ernie Osiris, Necro Butcher, Bushwhacker Luke Williams, Mark Briscoe, Ruckus, Rhett Titus, Sara del Rey, Alex Payne, Delirious, ROH champ Nigel McGuinness.

Elimination, in order: Durden by Jay Briscoe, Williams by Necro, Necro eliminated by Briscoes, Mark Briscoe eliminated by Ruckus, Dempsey by everyone, Jay Briscoe by Nigel, del Rey by Stevens, Osiris by Delirious, Delirious, Stevens, Titus by Delirious, Payne by Nigel, Nigel by Ruckus.

Winner eliminating Nigel last (who came in saying he'd prevent anyone from challenging him in Manassas): RUCKUS

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Okay, so I was in the front row for Detroit, and the ring breaking during Danielson vs Black was fucking insane. 100% not planned. Dragon had Black in a triangle choke, Black lifted Danielson into the air with the hold still on and hurled dragon into the corner with a powerbomb. When Dragon hit, the entire top turnbuckle structure, including the rod that connects the buckle to the actual post, just snapped right off. It was nuts.

The honor rumble was great just because of Bobby Dempsy. Sweeney telling Bobby that if he wanted to win, he had to curl up into a ball and be a turtle was hilarious... Watching guys come in, look at him, try to lift him, give up and kick him in the ass was hilarious.

Claudio vs Nigel was damn good too. One of my favorite parts was Nigel going for his rebound lariat, but Claudio catching him in mid rebound when he was between the ropes with his feet up, and pulling him right out into a huge giant swing... Nigel didn't even touch the ground when Claudio started swinging him.

While I didn't see it, I can't wait to see the end of the Danielson vs Claudio match from Toronto... Countering Claudio's toss up European into a backslide in mid fall has to look awesome.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh, and Steen nailing Necro with a Michinoku driver onto a set up chair was fucking brutal... I(t was a metal chair too, not one of ROH's hard plastic chairs...

Also, The way Danielson bent Black's arms... I swear his arms must be made of rubber... Some of that contortion would have made Jack Evans cringe.

Londoner
07-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I need to see a Danielson match to see what the fuss is about...

Destor
07-27-2008, 08:02 PM
4) Erick Stevens & Go Shiozaki go to a 15 minute draw. Match was very good. Shiozaki hit a top rope suplex with time expiring but couldn't get the pin. Crowd was probably 95/5 in favor of Shiozaki.
They were against Stevens because he's terrible.

And I'm not sure if Nigel/Rukus will be any good or not.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Ruckus winning confused the fuck out of me. I was waiting for something else to happen, but it didn't.

I can't stand Steven's either.... Although he dropped the Mohawk, and slimmed down some... He looks a bit like Ben Stiller in the face, but bigger, so I hate him even more now.

The guy next to me was hilarious. He was yelling shit like "I have to see you (Eric Stevens) twice in one night... This is the worst day of my life!"

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I need to see a Danielson match to see what the fuss is about...

I posted a link to Danielson vs Storm in one of the older ROH threads I believe, you could check that out... I'd definitely recommend checking out his stuff with KENTA too, and Nigel... And Joe... and Tyler Black....

Fuck it, Danielson is pretty much great against anyone.

Super V
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
His best match was against da Necro Butcha at PWG Giant Size Annual #4.

RGWhat316
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Definitely was a fun show to attend. I was 4th row in Sec C. I didn't get Lance Storm's or Marifuji's autographs, but I did shake Cary's hand on the way out the door. If I was a little faster, I could have gotten Daizee's autograph.

Danielson/Black was definitely match of the night for me. I dunno if the crowd was trying to tell Brian something, but there was a "this is wrestling" chant during that match. I keep hearing different reports as to whether people thinking the rope breaking was planned or not. Whether it was or not, it was fn sick!

Just too bad we have to wait until January before ROH comes back. And I was surprised that WWE took an 8 month break before coming back to Detroit. ROH won't be back for 6 months now.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Just hate I missed Storm :(

Thriller
07-27-2008, 11:15 PM
I was at the Toronto show and Danielson/Claudio and Strong/Marifugi were 2 of the greatest matches ive ever witnessed live.

CSL
07-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Marafujiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Fucking love that man

Bad Company
07-28-2008, 12:26 AM
will this be available on DVD or to download?

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2008, 12:46 AM
yes... and yes.

Marufuji is greatness. I really wish NOAH wouldn't have cut his title reign short... Fucking Misawa.

One of the greatest things ever was Marufuji doing El Generico's "OLE!"

Mr. Monday Morning
07-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Ruckus winning confused the fuck out of me. I was waiting for something else to happen, but it didn't.

I can't stand Steven's either.... Although he dropped the Mohawk, and slimmed down some... He looks a bit like Ben Stiller in the face, but bigger, so I hate him even more now.

The guy next to me was hilarious. He was yelling shit like "I have to see you (Eric Stevens) twice in one night... This is the worst day of my life!"

He also uses a shitty ripoff of Cowboys From Hell, which makes me hate him.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I don't get that... Why not just use the real fucking song?