PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite method of signaling a finisher?

thedamndest
07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Not making this a poll because I'm sure I'm going to forget a ton of them and then get bitched at. One of my favorites is Scott Hall's signal before the Outsider's/Razor's Edge. I also like the old school move where the guy will put one finger in the air and sort of make a circular motion. Can't remember who does this, I think a lot of people actually.

Other candidates:

-Taker drawing his finger across his throat
-Batista thumbs down
-HBK tuning up the band
-Big Show "chokeslamming" motion
-Nash semi-truck horn like movement
-Machoman on the turnbuckle fingers pointed up

BigDaddyCool
07-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't really care. I sometimes hate the stalking or the motion for the finisher. Just fucking do it.

Exyle
07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Jake the Snake did the "round up" finger motion you're talking about to signal the DDT. I'm sure a lot of others used it, too, but that's the one that sticks out for me.

Personally, I like the finisher that comes out of nowhere. No signal needed.

Xero
07-29-2008, 01:40 PM

:y:

Honestly, I think Michaels' is one of the worst. At least with something like Goldberg's spear or Orton's stalking, they can't see him. Michaels makes all this noise that they've heard a thousand times before and still they run into the boot.

MCEazy
07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Jake the Snake did the "round up" finger motion you're talking about to signal the DDT. I'm sure a lot of others used it, too, but that's the one that sticks out for me.
Didn't Randy Savage also do this at some point? It wasn't for a finisher but for when he did some punches or something I think.

Diamond Cutter FTW!

thedamndest
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
You are totally right about Jake and the finger for the DDT. I wanted to say that Flair did it as he grabbed an opponent's leg, not sure if that is right or not. I also was thinking Tito Santana did it.

MCEazy
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
You are totally right about Jake and the finger for the DDT. I wanted to say that Flair did it as he grabbed an opponent's leg, not sure if that is right or not. I also was thinking Tito Santana did it.

Really? I just remember him doing some little dance then locking it on, hmm...

Afterlife
07-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I always enjoyed The Hurricane's thumbs up chokeslam.

thedamndest
07-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Really? I just remember him doing some little dance then locking it on, hmm...

Yeah, I am not totally sure myself if the circle finger was part of the little dance or not. Did Sting do it?

ron the dial
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
the favorite signal is the element of surprise

Afterlife
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Suprise, and fear.

Dorkchop
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
I've always like Scott Hall's. Goldberg's taunt right after he did the spear was kind of cool.

Sometimes I hate the signaling. I've never liked tuning up the band. I've always liked moves that come out of nowhere like the Diamond Cutter. DDP being awesome really helped with that though.

Fox
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Kurt Angle freaking out, pulling down the straps, and beating his own bald head with his fists while he stalks his opponent is always fun to watch.

RVD's thumb pointing when it used to mean something.

thedamndest
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh, how could I forget Raven? Where he sticks his arms out right before the Raven Effect/Evenflow DDT?

Juan
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
07-30-2008, 02:52 AM
:y:

Honestly, I think Michaels' is one of the worst. At least with something like Goldberg's spear or Orton's stalking, they can't see him. Michaels makes all this noise that they've heard a thousand times before and still they run into the boot.

And even if they're blind AND deaf, they'd still feel the ring vibrations as he stomps on the mat.

El Fangel
07-30-2008, 03:17 AM
The Rock, getting ready for the Rock Bottom

KingofKings
07-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Oh, how could I forget Raven? Where he sticks his arms out right before the Raven Effect/Evenflow DDT?

Raven was just awesome really. His taunt was great when he stuck his arms out, then bang, nailed the raven effect on a chair or something!

Austins fingers was always good for his character!

Goldberg's taunt before the spear was good, and then after when he did the jumping thing, looked pretty intense lol.

I hate 'tunning up the band'! I dont like Ortons, DDP makes diamond cutter look soooo much better than RKO!

Anything to do with Hogan i hate apart from in 96/97 nWo. So his stupid ear taunts pissed me off before the leg drop!

My Final Heaven
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Mr. Perfect: Front Headlock, flings the arm behind his head, and "Now you're gonna see... a Perfect Plex!" :D

I hate Orton's shit-eating grin and spirit fingers before the RKO. I actually liked him a little better when he just started kicking people in the head, but not much. Also despise Edgeward's PMS fit before the spear.

thedamndest
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I am gonna include the Honky Tonk Man for the Shake Rattle N' Roll in this.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Similar to Scott Hall, I liked how Rikishi would scoop up his opponent and then stick his arms out before giving him the Rikishi Driver. That was cool.

Fox
07-30-2008, 11:52 PM

Nice contribution. :roll:

Fox
07-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Also, I would like to give mention to Lex Luger and his arm squeezes motion as WORST method of signaling a finisher. All he needed was a chicken suit and maybe he could've been "The Gobbeldygooker" Lex Luger.

Johnny Vegas
07-31-2008, 12:37 AM
I like Orton's stalk that he does...like the one he did when he slid in the ring and crawled basically on his fists. That was probably the best fucking prelude to the RKO, or any finisher, i've ever seen. Rep for someone who finds me a video of it. I can't remember who he was giving one to. Probably Cena.

Rammsteinmad
07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
To be honest I don't like Orton's stalk. The whole laying down on his fists thing looks really over the top considering that all he has to do is jump and catch onto his opponents head. I can understand the whole "element of surprise" aspect, but the thing as a whole looks kinda over exagerated to me.

Kane Knight
07-31-2008, 08:17 AM
JBL's Goosestep.

Stickman
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Hulk Hogan Hulking up.

Sebastian
08-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I like Taker's finger across throat because when u see it u know it means "THAT'S IT" and thats why I like it.

Fabien Barthez
08-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Road Warriors signal for the Doomsday Device was thumbs in the air, I think.

Duggan did a 3-point stance with an arm in the air, also.

Fabien Barthez
08-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Oh Shit. Earthquake used to jump around his fallen opponent, to replicate an earthquake, before off both sides of the ring and sittin on his victim.

Probably the best.

Skippord
08-04-2008, 07:21 AM
I've always like the way Kane signals for the Chokeslam