PDA

View Full Version : Every wrestling Heel should watch this

Gertner
08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Was screwing around on youtube and I found a couple classic Gorgeous George videos. I've heard alot about George and how important he was to the industry, but man, this guy was a Heat machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6DgE176UI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o85kkpCelZU&feature=related

Very interesting. "Get your filthy hands off me"

Sebastian
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Man I am glad I didnt have to watch during this time. Its not the wrestling but look at the guys back then, they didnt work out. They look like bums lol.

BigDaddyCool
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Sebastian, you fucking moron. They did work out back then, they just didn't roid up. And they weren't getting paid at much back then so they couldn't afford to be in the gym all day long to look like Batista.

Sebastian
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
If Batista was on Roids he would be suspended by now.

And don't tell me WWE wont suspend him because he is main event, Regal was in the most important angle in the WWE and when he got caught doing drugs, WWE suspended him and cancelled the angle. Kenedy was suppose to be Vinces son but when he got caught with his pants down, WWE redid the whole angle which was BIG.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
And today's nutrition, supplements, and advanced gum equipment didnt exist yet.

Ever look at the first body building contests? They all looked like Randy Orton.

You are a fucking moron Sebastian.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Howe many times has Barry Bonds tested positive? You can dope your heart out and not get caught.

BigDaddyCool
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
What the hell does gum equipment?

Oh, and if you don't believe Batista isn't on roids, you are crazy.

Gertner
08-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Man I am glad I didnt have to watch during this time. Its not the wrestling but look at the guys back then, they didnt work out. They look like bums lol.

They were in fantastic shape. Most matches back in those days went loner than the combined amount of wrestling on Raw. I guarentee you half the wrestlers in the WWE would not make it through one of Verne Gagne's wrestling schools.

Sebastian
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Im sure some of u have been to museums.

Well lets look at what we can see in museums. If u ever seen roman or greece statues of people back then (like athletes) you will see that they were BUILD. They were really ripped too and in good shape, much better shape then these guys here.

Were the romans/greece on steroids too? Did they have advanced gym equipment? No! They had hard work and desire. They exercised with freakin rocks and primitive stuff and as far as steroids, they didnt even have vitamins, they just ate what was around. So I think all of this "If u have big muscles/are build, you are on steroids" idea is wrong and ruined by some losers who get big on roids (Masters) and then EVERYONE who is build is blamed.

Xero
08-05-2008, 12:03 PM

And don't tell me WWE wont suspend him because he is main event, Regal was in the most important angle in the WWE and when he got caught doing drugs, WWE suspended him and cancelled the angle. Kenedy was suppose to be Vinces son but when he got caught with his pants down, WWE redid the whole angle which was BIG.

1. Ever hear of masking agents?
2. There is a ridiculous amount of steroid use which is legal in WWE. And if you have a prescription I don't think there's a limit.

XL
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Well lets look at what we can see in museums. If u ever seen roman or greece statues of people back then (like athletes) you will see that they were BUILD. They were really ripped too and in good shape, much better shape then these guys here.

Were the romans/greece on steroids too? Did they have advanced gym equipment? No! They had hard work and desire. They exercised with freakin rocks and primitive stuff and as far as steroids, they didnt even have vitamins, they just ate what was around. So I think all of this "If u have big muscles/are build, you are on steroids" idea is wrong and ruined by some losers who get big on roids (Masters) and then EVERYONE who is build is blamed.
Sorry dude but this is all kinda bogus.

Statues of greek's and roman's mostly weren't even made in the time they are depicting, so using them as an example is dumb as they are an artists impression.

Secondly, these depictions were more toned that "ripped". They (as you say) had a more athletic build. A build that you can get from working out and eating correctly - plenty of protein, which was available in those times.

NO ONE can get a body like Batista's just by working out and having a high protein diet.

Take a picture of him to a Personal Trainer at a gym and say you wanna look like that. Ask them if they reckon he's roided. I bet I can guess their answer.

Oh, and the word you're looking for is 'built'. :y:

Gertner
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM

Goliath was considered to be a giant, when in reality he was about 6"4.

CSL
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM

:lol:

CSL
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
As pioneering as George was, getting a reaction was much easier back then because everything (wrestling wise) was 'new' and the world was more narrow-minded. That's not taking away from him though. Gorgeous George was pretty much the first guy to do it and he got paid

Gertner
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
lol yeah, wrestling fans are well known for their tolerance

Gertner
08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Gorgeous George made an estimated 3million during his career, retired in 1959 and died broke in 63

Hanso Amore
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh, so we are using statues as genetic benchmarks now?

Good thing we figured how to grow our arms back, back in the Venus De Milo (spelling) days things were hard with stumps.

Sebastian is the biggest cock holster ever. He has just passed Klox on my murder list.

And BDC, Gum Machines! You know, put a quarter in and it drops a gum ball...that twisting is a good work out!

Gertner
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
yeah, Sebastian is pretty bad

Lock Jaw
08-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Sebastian is hilarious. He knows exactly what he's doing, I bet.

Gertner
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't think he's that clevar. Hes pretty bad in every thread.

Xero
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Sebastian is hilarious. He knows exactly what he's doing, I bet.

The way his posts are constructed cannot be a carefully planned offensive. A true sock/troll knows enough to make his posts either way more subtle or, as they have unfortunately have come to be, way too obvious. This is clearly someone's true feelings on a number of subjects.