PDA

View Full Version : ECW and SmackDown spoilers (maybe) :S

NeanderCarl
08-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I read that Todd Grisham and Matt Striker are handling ECW commentary duties at the taping. Does this mean a Tazz return to SmackDown to replace the apparently disgruntled Mick Foley? One off arrangement or permanent? Or is it all just a big misprint anyway? Hmmm.

Londoner
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
That better not happen. :mad:

CSL
08-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I'd be interested so hear how Matt Striker does. I'd love for there to be a regular heel colour guy

Xero
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Honestly, if Striker isn't managing I think commentary is best for him.

Londoner
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Just don't want tazz replacing Foley, i mean.

NeanderCarl
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Yep. Sources say JR and Tazz are handling the SmackDown taping.

Londoner
08-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Only temporarily though right??? Foley hasn't left has he? Fuck.

Londoner
08-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Just done some research and now understand whats going on, summerslam may be Foleys last appearance, if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Juan
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
You're a regular Sherlock Holmes, TL.

Londoner
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Very funny Juan, was just desperate to know what's going on is all.

Lock Jaw
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Foley is disgruntled? Again? Since when?

Londoner
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Vince made some negative comments about his commentary work with Micheal Cole, i don't understand why though and don't think Foley does either. And he's angry at how he and other announcers have been treated.

Gertner
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Striker on commentary would be fucking awesome!

Skippord
08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
they're probably just selling the beating Mick Foley took last week

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
The selling of the beating is one possibility. I've been reading weird things about Foley. You don't know what to believe. That man was fantastic on commentary, though. Tazz replacing him would be best, though. Matt Striker could be a fantastic commentator.

Fox
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Spoilers are up for SD.

Dark Match:
* Ron Killings b. Kenny Dykstra
- Killings (with the crowd behind him) gets the win with an axe kick in 5:00.

SmackDown:
* Jim Ross is out with Tazz to commentate.

* A video package of Edge & Foley from last week is shown.

* Maryse, Victoria, & Natalya b. Michelle McCool, Cherry, & Maria
- All six are dressed for Olympic events. Maria taps to Natalya's sharpshooter at 2:33.

* Backstage, La Familia finds Bam Neely laid out with a black rose on top of him. They're confused.

* Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder b. Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore
- Moore gets pinned after a double DDT at 4:19.

* Jeff Hardy vs. MVP is announced for SummerSlam.

* Lena Yada interviews MVP backstage about Jeff Hardy.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin
- The crowd is really into this match. Shelton works hard on Jeff's left knee dominating most of the match. Jeff turns things around. He continues to work Shelton over and hits Twist of Fate followed by a Swanton Bomb. Jeff goes for the pin and MVP comes running in and lays him out with a boot forcing the match to end in DQ at 15:49.

* Indian Broken Glass Arm-Wrestling Contest:
Khali w/Ranjin Singh b. Triple H
- Singh translates for Khali. Hunter makes fun of him and then says he'll break Khali's legs at SummerSlam. They start the contest... Khali gets the early advantage. Triple H comes back. Khali then headbutts Triple H and goes for the two hand chokeslam. Triple H reverses and goes for the pedigree. Khali locks on the Vice Grip. Triple H tries to fight but goes down. Khali stands tall. Two refs come out and help Hunter to the back.

* Backstage, Curt Hawkins is shown laid out in the locker room with a black rose on him.

* A Ron Killings vignette is shown.

* Chavo Guerrero and Vickie think that Edge may be responsible for laying people out tonight backstage. At some point Zack Ryder was also knocked out.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Jesse w/Festus
- After a short promo in Russian, Kozlov pins Jessee in about a minute after blocking his crossbody.

* The Guerreros do more talking in the office. Vickie crushes a black rose in her hand.

* Brian Kendrick w/Ezekiel b. Super Crazy
- Kendrick pins Super Crazy after hitting The Kendrick at 4:32. Ezekiel put Super Crazy in a torture rack after the match.

* Edge joins the Guerreros in the office. Vickie is pissed. Edge sucks up to her and calls for unity.

* Edge, Chavo, and Vickie all come out to the ring to call out The Undertaker. Both Edge and Chavo have chairs. Edge turns on Chavo and gives him a one man con–chair–to as Vickie watches from her wheelchair. Edge then shoves Vickie out of her chair. As she screams he cries out that he will take Undertaker and La Familia to hell with him. SmackDown goes off the air.

Dark Main Event:
* Edge (in street clothes) vs. Triple H for the WWE Championship.
- Edge substitutes himself for Vladimir Kozlov. Triple H destroys him with a pedigree after a couple of minutes.

Edge, now shirtless, attacks Hunter as soon as he gets the pin and the title match starts.

* Triple H b. Edge
- Edge dominates early on. Triple H comes back as Kozlov is still in the ring lifeless. They continue to fight back and forth. Edge eventually goes to the back and gets counted out. Kozlov is pedigreed a second time.

Fox
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Edge face turn could be good to watch.

DaVe
08-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Uh, Edge is a face? Everyone boos him like hell, while since Vickie reinstated Taker, she is getting boos and cheers.

Anyway damn it if Foley is gone for good. Vince pisses me off with his uncontrolled mouth. Smackdown sounds good, though.

Verbose Minch
08-06-2008, 01:32 AM
If Foley leaves, I'm done watching WWE.

Lock Jaw
08-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Edge is just going into "insane" Edge mode where he beats up everybody. But since he is fighting Undertaker, he's still the heel. If afterwards he starts beating up mainly heels he could turn face with some fan support, upon which they will make him lose his edge that got him back over with the fans as a face.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Edge developing as a face character would be very interesting, but he is still very much a heel. Yessss, Brian Kendrick's heel push continues.

Skippord
08-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Crazy Edge being back = awesome

BigDaddyCool
08-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Mick Foley is such a bitch. All he ever does is quit WWE lately.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Mick Foley is such a bitch. All he ever does is quit WWE lately.

To quit the WWE, he needs to first get hired by the WWE. So at the very most, quitting the WWE takes up half his time.

Foley is an amazing color commentator, though. I hope the WWE keeps him on. Apparently Matt Striker did some good work on ECW, though, so if only there was a spot for him. ie. Getting rid of Jerry Lawler.

RGWhat316
08-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Crazy Edge being back = awesome

BigDaddyCool
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
To quit the WWE, he needs to first get hired by the WWE. So at the very most, quitting the WWE takes up half his time.

Foley is an amazing color commentator, though. I hope the WWE keeps him on. Apparently Matt Striker did some good work on ECW, though, so if only there was a spot for him. ie. Getting rid of Jerry Lawler.

You knew prefectly well what I ment.

Juan
08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Wow, superb match between Hardy and Benjamin! :y:

Juan
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
ROFL @ HHH calling Ranjin, Funyun.

Juan
08-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Dear Ron "R-Truth" Killings,

The 90's called, they want their dookie braids back.

Juan
08-09-2008, 12:25 AM
PS. Vladimir Kozlov's music is the shit.

Juan
08-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Fun little match between Kendrick and Super Crazy. Gotta say, Kendrick is pretty impressive.

Juan
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL Crazy Edge rules

Innovator
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Koslov's Du Hast music is awesome

And I'm liking this Edge

thedamndest
08-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, R-Truth. Wonder if he will get as rowdy as K-Kwik or touch up as many girls as R. Kelly? Why the fuck don't they just call him Ron Killings?

Londoner
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree with everything you said Juan. Exactly my thoughts when i watched the show. I love how edge is atm, just can't stand vickie almost ruining that last segment.

Sebastian
08-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow, R-Truth. Wonder if he will get as rowdy as K-Kwik or touch up as many girls as R. Kelly? Why the fuck don't they just call him Ron Killings?

R-Truth is fairly talented, he was right to ditch TNA. He can have potential in the WWE. Also I think they dont want to call him Ron Killings because thats what he was in TNA, they could get in trouble for that and also you dont want to associate yourself with TNA, makes the wrestler look bad.

The show was good, I hope Edge is going to turn face, it would be a refreshing change for him, he has been heel for like forever now.

screech
08-09-2008, 08:30 PM
R-Truth is fairly talented, he was right to ditch TNA. He can have potential in the WWE. Also I think they dont want to call him Ron Killings because thats what he was in TNA, they could get in trouble for that and also you dont want to associate yourself with TNA, makes the wrestler look bad.

The show was good, I hope Edge is going to turn face, it would be a refreshing change for him, he has been heel for like forever now.

They're letting him use his Truth gimmick from TNA and his old theme (which he owns) from TNA so he's still using things from his TNA run.

You do realize he had a run in WWE already, right?

NeanderCarl
08-10-2008, 04:41 PM
As shitty a name as R-Truth is, it's a league above K-Kwik.